2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

The cabinet is a mark in which the speakers are at the top, and with a small alphanumeric display. Anyway, the current backglass is a 20" x 25" translite (which I am as well looking to upgrade, if I can be sure that such a translite is in excellent condition, and with no errors). The glass has the same area dimensions, but is 0.15" thick. The current channel looks like this (http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24656) except without the the nub that squeezes the backglass, and it fits fine, but there is a delamination along part of a corner, so I would like to get it replaced. Anyway, I've gotten this part (i.e., the replacement) from the Pinball Resource, but it doesn't fit (presumably because of the nub); I suspect that the stock backglass should be 0.125", but that somehow a prior owner replaced it with a glass that is 0.15", and also somehow got a channel to fit. Ideally, I'd like to simply get a channel that could fit, but I haven't seen one on the market that is exactly like it.

So presuming I can't find any stock lift channel that properly fits, it seems that I have 3 choices:

[1] get someone to 3D print a new channel to the exact same dimensions of the current channel

[2] get a 20" x 25" x 0.125" backglass and the 24656 part that presumably would fit

[3] keep the current backglass and get the 24656 and sand the nub off

I have not been able to find a backglass of this size that the vendor would ship, but it would sound quite expensive to ship, so I'm thinking that the [1] is the way to go - although ideally, I'd like to get a stock channel that fits. I could also do [3], but that seems to be a real PITA to do.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 8.40
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside