(249 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

459CC6D6-48AD-4864-8E23-B19194564005 (resized).jpeg
55B943F7-3289-4F06-8B9F-8274D5368ED6 (resized).jpeg
39A9D607-16DB-40AA-81D4-1CF696BA78B2 (resized).jpeg
E493B075-2C7A-48A9-8A62-5A0858E7F10B (resized).png
Untitled-1 (resized).png
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

I know I’m not the first person to have this problem and definitely not the last. I need some advice. I have found a new outdoor passion/hobby that I will need some funds to support.

I currently have more games that I set myself a max for (interesting how they multiply) so one needs to go regardless, but now more eminent.

What to sell??
- HEP TOTAN: sub 600 plays, full brass, museum piece.
- HUO Indiana Jones adventure: all brass, original playfield, shooter still glossy, almost no fade on cab, extremely rare example.
- JJP Pirates LE: sub 600 plays loaded with mods, plays flawless (did every tweak, fix in the book). No playfield issues
- NIB TBL: with backup HD, some mods ready to go on… nuf said
- Tron pro (just got this) loaded and only 500 plays, ZERO wear, full laser cut chrome trim, tons of mods, mega rare hot toys topper
- Creature from the black lagoon: just restored, might be the nicest example I have ever seen. Kruzman cleared NOS playfield, all new ramps, stumblr snack bar and echo chase, pinballsp video mod (and original hologram) all blacked out trim… gorgeous, plays even better than it looks

Such a hard one. Love to hear your thoughts

#2 2 years ago

Totan, IJ, pirates, should be bolted.
My 2 cents.
Harley D.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Love to hear your thoughts

Quit looking for other passion/hobby that require you to sell a beloved pinball machine.

LTG : )

#4 2 years ago

LTG yep I hear ya… fortunately but unfortunately the underlying issue is space…

#5 2 years ago

Tough call you have some Great titles there. Guess I would flip the Tron Pro as the others would be hard to replace in this crazy pin economy.

#6 2 years ago

Good point Yelobird that was kinda my lense.... Say I off one, what are the chances I will be able to get the "one" back in the future... TOAN, POTC, IJ... probably very low unless I want to take out a Mortgage on my house. Considering the TBL to the the one... The Creature I have is my prized restore, and the last of my restores I own.

#7 2 years ago

If you must, dump Pirates. WAY overvalued for what it is and how good it is.

Definitely hold the Williams stuff.

Tron won't net you much. In your high end collection it's closest thing you've got to good bang for the buck.

Lebowski is special. Gorgeous, rare, and unbeatable theme.

#8 2 years ago

Don’t you dare sell that IJ ! … well do what ya gotta do

#9 2 years ago

Sell them all. Go live naked in the woods and become a monk.

Problem solved.

#10 2 years ago

There is something to be said about getting rid of everything one doesn't "need" and living simply with low stress.. Not sure I am there yet Gotta find that happy medium... maybe one day

#11 2 years ago

There is something to be said about getting rid of everything one doesn't "need" and living simply with low stress.. Not sure I am there yet Gotta find that happy medium... maybe one day

I did this once … 5 pins and 13 vids… I kept only IJ

#12 2 years ago

Take up disc golf and keep them all.

#13 2 years ago

Yes! Ricochet Ya truth be told IJ is going no where, but just wanted to add to the poll for good measure

#14 2 years ago

Intersting POTC seems to be what most would sell. I know there are mixed feelings on that game... I personally LOVE that thing

#15 2 years ago

Well if the goal is to free up space, my thought is that the NIB Lebowski is literally just a big cardboard box taking up space. So I'd sell that first.

Reality is, all of your games are high end and seem pretty special. So, congrats on that!

#16 2 years ago

OK I'll bite... whats the Hobby?

#17 2 years ago

Wow
It seems like it was just yesterday that I bought your Metallica pro and you were restoring a Stern Pirates.

Now look at you..... all grown up with real pinball problems. I'm very proud of you son

#18 2 years ago

I say keep them and just save up for the other hobby.

#19 2 years ago

Pirates…. Only because I am guessing it’s at max value…but I would have said that year ago so what do I know.

#20 2 years ago

Creech, then Tron, then Pirates. Then TOTAN...

#21 2 years ago

You already know in your heart which you will sell.
No confirmation needed.
I would sell TBL simply because I don't know how to work on it.
Great Collection!

#22 2 years ago

Well first I should explain my situation - I think it will help.
In a previous life, I was a pro wakeboarder and snowboarder. I messed up my right knee BAD 18 years ago, in a bad wreck. I partial dislocated my knee and tore ACL, LCL, MCL, Meniscus almost destroyed entirely. I have since undergone 12 surgeries, spent cumulatively over 2 years on crutches (cool fact!) and I have been unable to do almost anything active - let alone get on a board of any kind - for 5 years. Thus I found a great passion for working on, restoring, and owning pins!

Then I Recently rode an efoil…
https://vimeo.com/513254194

WOW, not only did it not kill my knee and I was able to do it, but it’s working the muscles. So hooked… downside a board is 12k and are impossible to find… but I found one

For all you extreme sports folks, you have to try this!! closest to flying on water.

#23 2 years ago

Very cool I want one! How much do they run?

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Very cool I want one! How much do they run?

downside a board is 12k

#25 2 years ago

Ya they start around 12k. Batteries alone are about 3400.00 They are quite an impressive fear of engineering! Dudes and their toys.

By the way I know this topic might be a ridiculous, and really im lucky to be in this position, not truly a problem… more like an opportunity. I do appreciate the input it’s helping me make a decision

#26 2 years ago

I only voted Creech in hopes you’d sell it to me!!

#27 2 years ago

Ok here is my angle. (Former Wakeboarder)
So you almost put yourself in a wheelchair and now you want to finish the job with an Air Chair? I think you should keep your pins and your butt on the ground. Just my two cents worth.

#28 2 years ago

Holy crap was that cool. I was gonna say how difficult replacing any of those games would be down the road and to find a cheaper hobby but after seeing that thing…go for it!

#29 2 years ago

I know I’m not the first person to have this problem and definitely not the last. I need some advice. I have found a new outdoor passion/hobby that I will need some funds to support.
I currently have more games that I set myself a max for (interesting how they multiply) so one needs to go regardless, but now more eminent.
What to sell??
- HEP TOTAN: sub 600 plays, full brass, museum piece.
- HUO Indiana Jones adventure: all brass, original playfield, shooter still glossy, almost no fade on cab, extremely rare example.
- JJP Pirates LE: sub 600 plays loaded with mods, plays flawless (did every tweak, fix in the book). No playfield issues
- NIB TBL: with backup HD, some mods ready to go on… nuf said
- Tron pro (just got this) loaded and only 500 plays, ZERO wear, full laser cut chrome trim, tons of mods, mega rare hot toys topper
- Creature from the black lagoon: just restored, might be the nicest example I have ever seen. Kruzman cleared NOS playfield, all new ramps, stumblr snack bar and echo chase, pinballsp video mod (and original hologram) all blacked out trim… gorgeous, plays even better than it looks
Such a hard one. Love to hear your thoughts

Since TBL is still NIB you don't seem to have much fun with it, and it won't gain worth either with the game being made again, so it seems pretty obvious for me.

#30 2 years ago

Just randomly pick one, you don't seem to play them much

#31 2 years ago

Sell all of them but the Tron Pro, the rest of those are all way too expensive.

#32 2 years ago

I’d sell them all, you own the most overrated/overvalued games out there

And like if you can’t afford this other hobby wtf are you buying hep or sitting on a POtC? You could have 4 stern pros for a fraction of the price and have better games

#33 2 years ago

I’d not sell Tron. Sold mine before I moved and sorry. Can’t replace it for the price I sold or for one year ago.

I’d sell Totan or JJP Potc both are not much fun to me relative to their cost. If they were $7-10k it’d be ok but I’d rather sell them ate the current inflated price.

#34 2 years ago

Wow thanks for introducing me to flying on the water! If it were my collection I wouldn't even insult IJ, Pirates or Totan by considering them. I am a huge Lebowski fan and CFTBL has a Kruzman playfield so I say Tron is the odd man out. I mildly enjoy Tron and could never understand the frenzy over it but others think that Totan is just a beautiful game and not a great shooter. Hopefully you have opened that Lebowski, keep what makes you smile .

#35 2 years ago

I am on vacation in Hawaii right now and just saw a dude surfing on one. I had no idea what it was but it was bad ass! Post a vid once you get one!

#36 2 years ago

WOW, not only did it not kill my knee and I was able to do it, but it’s working the muscles. So hooked… downside a board is 12k and are impossible to find… but I found one
For all you extreme sports folks, you have to try this!! closest to flying on water.

Saw a gal riding one of those last weekend in a saltwater harbor in Massachusetts. Never saw her get the foil up, just riding it at water surface level. It gets noticed that's for sure.

#37 2 years ago

Here's an idea. Don't sell any.

You have a dream line up.

Coming from a pinside friend.

#38 2 years ago

Sell the IJ. Apparently you can $14K for them now.

#39 2 years ago

Thats very kind of you @mcdoom, this thread has some great points and hilarious antics thank you

#40 2 years ago

If you have to get rid of one, like IdahoRealtor said, I would highly consider pirates especially if you paid cost for it.

I looked at a few efoil videos; you're going to be like the silver surfer out there

Just be safe, God's speed.

#41 2 years ago

This was today... Getting the hang of it on my buddy's

Untitled-1 (resized).pngUntitled-1 (resized).png
#42 2 years ago

In my opinion, PotC has the most replay value, since each character has a different playstyle. So I wouldn't sell it. Unless you're banking on JJP remaking it, but that may never happen.
I'm not that crazy about IJ, Creech, or TOTAN, so I'd sell one of those. But if you're worried about not being able to rebuy, then maybe Tron.
Creature and TOTAN are both available Pinball FX 3, if you consider that to be at all a substitute.

#43 2 years ago

Sell what you can get back the easiest, creech. Probably won't be a restored one but they come up for sale constantly.

#44 2 years ago

You know the saying; If it Flys, floats, fcuks or has wheels: Rent it.
Get rid of one or more pins regardless. You can always play them at the West coast shows, PHoF, MoP (too soon?) etc...

#45 2 years ago

Totan is Total poop. So dump that terd.

#46 2 years ago

Do you also need assistance with picking out what clothes you’re going to wear in the morning or what you’re going to have for lunch? Lol dude just do it wtf does it matter what we think? It’s your life lol

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Totan is Total poop. So dump that terd.

Yeah but probably the prettiest turd know to man... just sayin

#48 2 years ago

TOTAN, beautiful but booring.
2nd choice: TRON

#49 2 years ago

As I read your opening I was thinking “I bet it’s a foil”…and it is!

We have a cottage on Lake Michigan…no salt, no sharks!…and I’m getting one too.

Not tomorrow, as we’re busy rehabbing the place and I’m gonna wait for some evolution in the product. But maybe next year…

Your comment about ‘extreme’ has my attention tho…I’m 50s, not out of shape but finesse/balance was never my thing. Any advice?

Good luck and enjoy!

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

If you must, dump Pirates. WAY overvalued for what it is and how good it is.
Definitely hold the Williams stuff.
Tron won't net you much. In your high end collection it's closest thing you've got to good bang for the buck.
Lebowski is special. Gorgeous, rare, and unbeatable theme.

100% With the money you get from POTC, you could replace it with another great game and still have $12k for the efoil.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-a-problem-which-game-to-sell?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.