(249 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

459CC6D6-48AD-4864-8E23-B19194564005 (resized).jpeg
55B943F7-3289-4F06-8B9F-8274D5368ED6 (resized).jpeg
39A9D607-16DB-40AA-81D4-1CF696BA78B2 (resized).jpeg
E493B075-2C7A-48A9-8A62-5A0858E7F10B (resized).png
Untitled-1 (resized).png

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago

I always sell whatever I play the least.

#52 2 years ago

So what happens if you hit shallow water on that thing? How far does it toss you?

#53 2 years ago

If you have the space, I’d sell all 6 of those and buy 12-15 reasonable priced pins.

#54 2 years ago

I'd sell Tron and keep the others. The others had more heart & soul put into them.

#55 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing your story...

It's a tough decision to let them go. I sold my Mousin Around this weekend and have sellers remorse

My vote and I did, is TRON.

#56 2 years ago

Crap! I shouldn't have watched that video! Now I want one! How hard is it to do? Too hard for a reasonably athletic 70 year old? I snow ski but have never surfed.

#57 2 years ago

None of those you mentioned, buy JP, ST or Mando

#58 2 years ago

Whichever one u think should go. Who's care what we think.

#59 2 years ago

You’re a horrible influence. And now I’m $750 poorer. Just signed up for an e-foil lesson in Alameda this Saturday for wife and I. https://bayfoils.com/

#60 2 years ago

Awesome rolandthoms let me know how it goes! But dang 750? for one ride? When we where in Maui it was 250 a person for 1 hour.

#61 2 years ago

They are are all tough ones. I miss my Creech but would have to say Tron.

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Awesome rolandthoms let me know how it goes! But dang 750? for one ride? When we where in Maui it was 250 a person for 1 hour.

$350 per person for 90 minutes

#63 2 years ago

Sell POTC. I haven't played it enough to have a gameplay argument. It just seems reasonably likely that JJP will re-run POTC at some point given its newfound popularity, which would drive prices way down. So why not take advantage of the current market before that happens?

#64 2 years ago

Really appreciate the input folks, I know some may not understand why make this post...? It's because I DO value others opinions. Escpecially those in the distinct area of interest. This is what a forum is for , to ask questions. Condemn that, and this place is useless.

I think I am leaning towards Pirates going. I am a HUGE TBL fan. Once I get it and work the kinks out I have a feeling it will be the go to Pin. I have loved Pirates but I am lucky enough my good friend has one I can play anytime.

#65 2 years ago

This is what a forum is for , to ask questions. Condemn that, and this place is useless.

Not really. New pin announcements and discussion, ok. repairs and sharing fixes, good. Calling out and irritating pretensious pinball douchebags, the best of all, but which game should I sell or buy and vs threads are just ridiculous. I mean almost as much as when a thread is started so some dickhead can state how their current fav makes everything else shit. Don't get me started on "A Dark Night For Stern" U know what game ur done with, why ask everybody else when we all have different tastes? Ur friend has a POTC to play and therefore best pin to let go. See u could have done that without starting a thread at all.

#66 2 years ago

This was today... Getting the hang of it on my buddy's[quoted image]

What lake is that? Looks almost like Pinecrest.

#67 2 years ago

IMO this thread is really "Hey everybody look at how rich I'am" you're a grown man & honestly there's a ton of threads on pin popularity it's extremely subjective...asking others at the end of the day doesn't matter; because ultimately the choice is yours & you probably already know the answer. To me it just comes across as being kinda smug & self-important buried in complete folly... This is not a problem it's a lack of humility... OMG what 20k game do I sell LMFAO!!

#68 2 years ago

Well sir, Hazoff that is a belief you have, and you are more than entitled to it. For example some are strong believers in pessimism, prosecuting others, language and narcissism.. That is their prerogative, and their god given right.

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

IMO this thread is really "Hey everybody look at how rich I'am" you're a grown man & honestly there's a ton of threads on pin popularity it's extremely subjective...asking others at the end of the day doesn't matter; because ultimately the choice is yours & you probably already know the answer. To me it just comes across as being kinda smug & self-important buried in complete folly... This is not a problem it's a lack of humility... OMG what 20k game do I sell LMFAO!!

Actually it says “I live way beyond my means and can’t actually afford my collection so help me figure out which of these games that I’ve purchased purely for fake status should I sell to buy a surf board”

#70 2 years ago

I'll pile onto the POTC. It's a fine game, but not worth the money IMHO.

#71 2 years ago

Off the tron pro it just don’t fit it’s a pro for god sakes.cool game but meh just one more opinion.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Actually it says “I live way beyond my means and can’t actually afford my collection so help me figure out which of these games that I’ve purchased purely for fake status should I sell to buy a surf board”

I wish I had this guys problem FML...

#73 2 years ago

Damn, people are super uptight here. The guy just wants to chat about his games and get people’s opinion. Who even cares if it’s a brag post. I bet a bunch of you have great collections where you rarely get to share them with a group of others that appreciate it. Ha, stop being so negative. People act like there can only be so many forum topics a day, just move on if you don’t like it.

That is an awesome collection and, for what it’s worth, I would personally sell PotC if it were my choice

#74 2 years ago

Man... this is a tough crowd

#75 2 years ago

I’m surprised so many people are saying to sell Tron. In the OP’s collection, it has more fun per $ than all the rest. It’s probably the last one I’d sell if I were the OP - John and Lyman are the design/code dream team.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

People act like there can only be so many forum topics a day, just move on if you don’t like it.

Wow is that stupid.

He asked a question and when u ask a question to a large group expect a mixed response. "love to hear ur opinons" Thats what he asked and thats what hes getting. What r u saying that u should post only positive thoughts? What a lame site this would become if that was enforced, well at least for me. Oh yeah, I recommend he sells POTC its a god damned bore fest. Then creature as the music alone will have u ready to open a vein within 3 plays, Tron, Tales and IJ. never played TBL.

#77 2 years ago

reality

prosecuting others

educating

being human

?

That's a fairy tale.

Don't think for a second I'm not aware of the level of jack assery I can achieve. This is nothing.

#78 2 years ago

I would sell CFTBL - don’t sell POTC !

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Damn dude. It must take a lot of energy to be so miserable.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Damn dude. It must take a lot of energy to be so miserable.

Actually it’s pretty easy, just spend a few minutes reading nonsense like this thread.

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Actually it’s pretty easy, just spend a few minutes reading nonsense like this thread.

Why even waste your time replying to nonsense?

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Take a chill pill, my pinball brother

#83 2 years ago

nicoy3k that avatar is almost too perfect. Pretty sure Rufio was the cocky, audacious leader of the lost boys.

But… his arrogance overcomes him as he taunts Hook and is outmaneuvered and meets his demise. Great movie

#84 2 years ago

his arrogance overcomes him as he taunts Hook

I thought that was a girl.

#85 2 years ago

JJPOTC. It’s fun to have bragging rights I’m sure, but I think anyone would be stupid not to sell this right now. It’s not worth the $$. Everyone knows it. The price will come down eventually as interest moves on. I applaud your motivations to seek another hobby. There is so much more to life than these stupid machines. Fun, albeit but some people around here have pinball wrapped too much into their identity. Keep on keeping on!

#86 2 years ago

TBL will be the easiest to replace down the line should you want it back. Probably cheaper as they build more. Others aren't as easy to find.

#87 2 years ago

Dump the Tron and ditch the outdoor hobby is my vote. The rest of your collection I would never sell.

#88 2 years ago

I saw a guy riding one of those foil boards at Carlsbad beach a few weeks ago. Couldn't figure out how he was going so fast on it.
He could out run the wave and then fly back to the peak. So Bitchen.

I blew my Knee too and had to park the Jim Rippey Burton and the Ricky Gonzalez Hyperlite. i bought a Kneeboard which is pretty fun. I still can't spin or roll on it yet

Tron won't get you 12k yet , but POTC LE will and then half of another board.

i sold my POTC CE and don't miss it at all.

have fun on that foil board.

#89 2 years ago

rvboarder That’s awesome! I competed against, and was at a ton of events with Ricky G.

Ordered a foil can’t wait!! No pin, no amount of money can bring the smiles and the inner peace being on the water can for me. Bet you can attest to that. As always haters always going to hate, that’s a given and nothing new.

#90 2 years ago

Man ,those were the days. 15 years ago or so Ricky and Randy Harris ruled the back water at Canyon Lake. I watched RG throw a tantrum off the double up and it was 15' clear. And he stuck the landing.
Shaun Murray and Scott Byerly showed up and brought a helicopter and camera crew with them. That was a great day.
Then they all moved to Florida and the next batch of kids took over the back water

i would love to ride that foil around the lake and see the faces on the marine patrol and the SkySki crew as you are passing up the pontoon booze cruisers

I can chat about wakeboarding all day long even though i only pulled off a couple tricks and could barely ride switch.I could drive the boat though

Don't even get me started on Bodyboarding. I can trade waves with the pros all day any day at 54 years young

Rich

#91 2 years ago

Well first I should explain my situation - I think it will help.
In a previous life, I was a pro wakeboarder and snowboarder. I messed up my right knee BAD 18 years ago, in a bad wreck. I partial dislocated my knee and tore ACL, LCL, MCL, Meniscus almost destroyed entirely. I have since undergone 12 surgeries, spent cumulatively over 2 years on crutches (cool fact!) and I have been unable to do almost anything active - let alone get on a board of any kind - for 5 years. Thus I found a great passion for working on, restoring, and owning pins!
Then I Recently rode an efoil…
https://vimeo.com/513254194
WOW, not only did it not kill my knee and I was able to do it, but it’s working the muscles. So hooked… downside a board is 12k and are impossible to find… but I found one
For all you extreme sports folks, you have to try this!! closest to flying on water.

Deleted

1 week later
#92 2 years ago

Ok. So that was f’n fun. My wife and I went to Alameda yesterday and had an e-foil lesson with Bayfoils. Great instructor (owner of co) and a great time. Learning curve is fast. Long way to go. Going to take my 2 boys out in a couple of weeks. Then I think I am going to try hard to convince myself not to get one. Sure it’s way expensive (like a pinball machine) but I’m almost 52 and not getting any younger. Am I going to wait 5 years for the price to drop to $8000 ? Shame on you for planting this in my head

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

If you must, dump Pirates. WAY overvalued for what it is and how good it is. ...

#94 2 years ago

You will not regret it rolandthoms i rode mine for the first time today it’s amazing. And the ability to sync with the iPhone app is so cool. The on board computer tracks your rides. The quality and attention to detail on Flight Boards are amazing

39A9D607-16DB-40AA-81D4-1CF696BA78B2 (resized).jpeg39A9D607-16DB-40AA-81D4-1CF696BA78B2 (resized).jpeg55B943F7-3289-4F06-8B9F-8274D5368ED6 (resized).jpeg55B943F7-3289-4F06-8B9F-8274D5368ED6 (resized).jpegE493B075-2C7A-48A9-8A62-5A0858E7F10B (resized).pngE493B075-2C7A-48A9-8A62-5A0858E7F10B (resized).png
#95 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I would sell CFTBL - don’t sell POTC !

This guy's right. CFTBL has great music and visuals, and that's the highlight. The gameplay is way too easy for my tastes. Great to play on location, it'd get boring fast at home.

I've got POTC and TBL from that list. Pirates is bolted simply because of 2 things:

1) being able to nudge both outlanes
2) how important the rollovers are to scoring

It makes every second of the game more intense than anything else, the only thing that's missing is the main wizard mode.

TBL is actually too difficult which makes it somewhat less fun of a pin for me, even if the first few days of owning it were the happiest of my life (as it's my favorite movie). Getting through everything on that game is so far out of the realm of possibilities it does take away a little bit of the fun for me. Though maybe I should just shoot better.

#96 2 years ago

You will not regret it rolandthoms i rode mine for the first time today it’s amazing. And the ability to sync with the iPhone app is so cool. The on board computer tracks your rides. The quality and attention to detail on Flight Boards are amazing
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

what lake are you at? thats the color i am looking at ordering too

4 weeks later
#97 2 years ago

You’re a bad influence

459CC6D6-48AD-4864-8E23-B19194564005 (resized).jpeg459CC6D6-48AD-4864-8E23-B19194564005 (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#98 2 years ago

Sell them all to me hahah I will give you 65 k

#99 2 years ago

I need a new pin. Which organ to sell?

#100 2 years ago

Sell them all. Bank some of the $ or donate to charity.

Go get your pinball fix with games on route.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-a-problem-which-game-to-sell/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.