(Topic ID: 198296)

I have a problem. There are no more NIB Pins to buy. What Now?

By ASOA

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Taxman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

81SoHD1W3dL._AC_UL320_SR238,320_ (resized).jpg
    images-1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7729 (resized).JPG
    There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

Seems like a stupid problem (agreed) But yet it is still a problem. There is nothing new to buy right now. You would think now with all these new manufactures that there would be more of a selection. This is not the case at least for me. I find myself looking for a new box to open. Anyone else in holding mode waiting for something worth while to buy? How many pins do you think a manufacture should bring to market in a year? How many times will manufactures say something but do another? What is everyone looking forward to the most?

#2 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

What is everyone looking forward to the most

Total Nuclear Annihalation for me, by far, can't wait.

Quoted from ASOA:

How many pins do you think a manufacture should bring to market in a year

Enough to keep their line moving. For Stern that seems to be three plus a vault. JJP will likely hit their two games every 18 months goal that a jack has mentioned. Spooky does smaller batch games, probably two a year.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Seems like a stupid problem (agreed) But yet it is still a problem. There is nothing new to buy right now. You would think now with all these new manufactures that there would be more of a selection. This is not the case at least for me. I find myself looking for a new box to open. Anyone else in holding mode waiting for something worth while to buy? How many pins do you think a manufacture should bring to market in a year? How many times will manufactures say something but do another? What is everyone looking forward to the most?

Your right. That is a stupid problem.

#4 6 years ago

Get off the NIB hype train. Discover all the amazing games that existed before the last few years.

#5 6 years ago

Don't limit yourself to only new games if you want to get something in the door. There are still gems to be found in older titles. Check the marketplace, for one thing--plenty of games to spend your money on.

#6 6 years ago

Pay the seller to put your new/used game in a box. Then you will have something to open.problem solved

#7 6 years ago

Start hunting. Every now and then you see pics of stockpiled games from years ago. Put the word out that your looking of nib games and you'll find them. Search hard enough and you might even find an old gem still in a box

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Seems like a stupid problem

YES, it is pretty stupid when distributors/resellers come on pinside making hype threads to try and push more games.

#9 6 years ago

You could dump 5 of the games you have now and replace them with fun used games.

#10 6 years ago

I'll never get a NIB pin. I'm comfortable with letting someone else "drive it off the lot" for me...

#11 6 years ago

Is this a #humblebrag ?

Anyhow, I'm glad collectors like you exist to support the new manufacturers. Because there are folks out there that can't/won't. I'm in the latter camp, never having opened a NIB game of my own.

#12 6 years ago

You're missing out on possibly the three best parts of being in the hobby if you don't look for older games. The thrill of the hunt, the pick-up and the restore.

Put an older game on your wish list, spend the next 6 months trying to find that game before anyone else, drive 600 miles through the snow to pick it up and bring it back home. Then order parts from just about every supplier only to find out you'll need to make a few parts or fix what's broken. Then you'll have a feeling of accomplishment that opening a cardboard box can't replace.

I've only bought 3 NIB pins in 16 years, but honestly don't see it happening again.

#13 6 years ago

I agree...says the guy looking to but a NIB SW. For me personally trying to find a game you like in unbelievable condition is the way to go! That said you end up paying for that, but I figure a super nice example of a game will always have some value.

#14 6 years ago

#1 of 3 threads ASOA will create today

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

#1 of 3 threads ASOA will create today

ill take the over

#17 6 years ago

Great showing Stern you'll buy anything they produce - just has to be new

#18 6 years ago

Yeah I agree. They have not been making titles that I can relate to for some time. And all this retro licensed shit is for the birds.

#19 6 years ago

Waaagh

#20 6 years ago

I have an idea.... You could sell me your DI and then buy the CE version.... LOL. Are you thinking about Houdini?

#21 6 years ago

Sometimes only zr11990 can properly sum up a situation.

#22 6 years ago

You probably wont find a lot of sympathy for your post. Its border line trolling to get a reaction or attention.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

At least you know its a stupid problem. And besides that it's not even an accurate problem. You do not own 2 of the best games ever made in MET and ACDC. Both of which are available NIB. You also don't own AS which is as good or better then most of what you have that you can buy NIB. Maybe branch out a little and get TNA. Maybe buy a nicely restored 90's game since you like MMr and AFMr.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

You probably wont find a lot of sympathy for your post. It border line trolling to get a reaction or attention.

Maybe the OP should just buy a NIB mirror.

#25 6 years ago

It is not like you have to buy super old games. Met, st, Tron and lotr come to mind as awesome games you don't have that could be found in be found basically in nib or better shape.

Or if you are a baller start searching for the some hep games.

I always am hoping the newer games will be better, but there is something to be said for the games that have stood the test of time.

I love the theme SW but I will take any of the above games above it any day.

#26 6 years ago

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

#27 6 years ago

Yawn.

#28 6 years ago

I'll put either of my games in a box and charge you over 5k for them

they'd be new to you

pm me for details

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from emkay:

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like………victory

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

I'll put either of my games in a box and charge you over 5k for them
    they'd be new to you
    pm me for details

Will it be a bingo machine? Or OR I know!!....one of those gumball pinball vendors in a box!!!

#31 6 years ago

I also had a big problem.

I was out of inane threads to read.

Problem solved!

#32 6 years ago

Grab multiples. Look for the elusive gold leaf "chase" pinball.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sometimes only zr11990 can properly sum up a situation.

I try.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from ASOA:

Oh man Im happy there is no new machines I want right now I have no funds!

#35 6 years ago

This is the second thread to make me think this guy is Kaneda.

#36 6 years ago

I can see what OP is saying

Sorta

If you wanted to buy a NIB today that ships today with complete code today & a theme you can enjoy at a price you're comfortable with... its tough to check all those boxes.

I've got some space/money right now but nothing speaks to me (right now).

There's no shortage of "order & wait" titles but that aint the same as buying a NIB today & seeing it land in your driveway 72 hours later.

What are my options if JJP has yet to release something I want & Stern, struggling with code/QC, has nothing inventoried that I want today?

Boutique games are expensive & backordered so that doesn't cut it as a legit NIB today option IMO.

Aaaaand say Stern does release something that speaks to me in a month or two... when the F will it have good code? No way I want to buy MORE incomplete games.

Sorry, not interested in old games. I've played them to death & prefer new shit thats, well, new.

#37 6 years ago

He is not. Habits like him but not him .
    He is having fun / I didn't downpost it because with this post he got his own answer,
    which is just post and post and post some questions on Pinside and troll for responses.
    I am sure you can take all day sitting and posting on Pinside to pass the time until the next Pin To buy is available to open. here I am adding to the habit

#38 6 years ago

Can't tell if this is a problem or an advertisement. =/

#39 6 years ago

I have a similar problem, but it differs significantly in what I can afford to buy. I need one new game that I want to be made in the next 3-5 years. I have one space left in the gameroom, and it will be at least 3 years until I can afford to fill that space.

I have no desire for old games these days. AC/DC, Metallica, and AFMr are the only new titles I have wanted bad enough to buy in the last 4 years. AC/DC was sold a while back so I could put some money into toys outside of pinball. GnR is the only other pin I have. I could see trading that one for an MMr someday, but probably not for a while.

I need the next game I buy to be at least as good as the ones I have now, and that is a tall order. I am not sure even AFM makes it to the level of Metallica for me, so the bar is high. I am to the point that buying nothing is an ok option if there is nothing that I absolutely need to have.

#40 6 years ago

I've helped open a NIB and he even let me have the first game. But unfortunately for me I will never have one.

#41 6 years ago

AC/DC prem?!??! TNA would be good too

#42 6 years ago

Personally I went for AC/DC Premium Vault + TNA. If those aren't your cup of tea, and for some actual reason you're actually physically revolted by used pins and are not trolling, you could always make a bunch of polls to pass the time until Expo!

#43 6 years ago

There was a NIB Playboy 35th for sale recently

#44 6 years ago

There is a pin out there you don't own yet. NIB, used... doesn't matter. You'll love it more than lamp.

#45 6 years ago

You need to go play some pinball

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

This is the second thread to make me think this guy is Kaneda.

Nope met him not Kaneda

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

Nope met him not Kaneda

His brother? Jk

#49 6 years ago

Seriously, ASOA. Do yourself a favor. Just because something is new doesn't mean it is the greatest game ever made. It gets way to expensive that way and you miss out on some of the best pins ever made for a bargain. I found my love for early solid states this exact way. So now, I would rather have a mint Cheetah or Warlok than a Tron. Spread out the love, my friend

#50 6 years ago

I am one of the rich new guys that loves NIB pins and that seems to get a lot of hate on Pinside. Oh well *shrugs*. I like NIB pins because they typically work perfectly without the need for tweaking. I can get excited about code updates and cool mods rather than just spending hours of my valuable time making sure they just work correctly. I have more money than time. The Big Lebowski is the first and last boutique pin I'll buy. It is JJP and Stern only for me currently if looking for NIB. I do buy older games but prefer them in pristine and fully restored condition. I agree with you. I don't like band pins and not much else really thrills me currently.

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-a-problem-there-are-no-more-nib-pins-to-buy-what-now?hl=micky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.