(Topic ID: 198296)

I have a problem. There are no more NIB Pins to buy. What Now?

By ASOA

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 104 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Taxman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

81SoHD1W3dL._AC_UL320_SR238,320_ (resized).jpg
    images-1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_7729 (resized).JPG
    There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I am one of the rich new guys that loves NIB pins and that seems to get a lot of hate on Pinside. Oh well *shrugs*. I like NIB pins because they typically work perfectly without the need for tweaking. I can get excited about code updates and cool mods rather than just spending hours of my valuable time making sure they just work correctly. I have more money than time. The Big Lebowski is the first and last boutique pin I'll buy. It is JJP and Stern only for me currently if looking for NIB. I do buy older games but prefer them in pristine and fully restored condition. I agree with you. I don't like band pins and not much else really thrills me currently.

So umm congrats for being rich I guess...

#52 6 years ago

TRAMD Haters gonna hate. Enjoy your collection!

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from cletus:

tramd Haters gonna hate. Enjoy your collection!

Hardly a hater. Don't see the need to mention more than once how much money one has. Comes off tacky IMO.

#54 6 years ago

IMG_7729 (resized).JPGIMG_7729 (resized).JPG

#55 6 years ago

I'm not rich and my game room has been setting unused for 10 years. In that time I spent 5 years restoring my hot rod. The next 5 years I enjoyed driving it Now I'm 62 it's time to slow back down. I sold my hot rod and ordered a MMR. I've done a playfield swap and repaired my own pins. Now it's time for a NIB game. I bought PM to replace the one I sold to work on my car. I picked up a NGG. I still have my phoenix with CC playfield and my Breakshot and a Pop-a-card EM. So yes I wanted a NIB pin. What the Hell you only live once.

#56 6 years ago

What are you complaining about. We have Magic Girl, Raza and AIW just around the corner.

Order here:

http://deeprootpinball.com/

Or call them, Option 3.

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

You should buy a Magic Girl...

or four...

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I am one of the rich new guys that loves NIB pins and that seems to get a lot of hate on Pinside....

Naw not you?!?

Quoted from TRAMD:

I can get excited about code updates and cool mods...

Yep that's sounds aboot right.

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Hardly a hater. Don't see the need to mention more than once how much money one has. Comes off tacky IMO.

Naw come on not fair...

Quoted from TRAMD:

I have more money than time.

Ah yes never mind.

#60 6 years ago

OP, i suspect you are at least somewhat surprised you got 43 downvotes for creating this thread. i was thinking, maybe i can help you see why people reacted that way.

imagine you're at a pub hanging with a whole bunch of pinball friends, who are all chatting in various conversations about stuff they like or dislike or whatever. and now imagine someone keeps jumping up on the bar and shouting "hey everybody! ..... uhm .... " and then adding some random thought that just popped into their head. at first people humor the guy, because hey, we're all friends here. we're all having fun. but after like ... to pick a number totally at random ... let's say the 44th time in the last 6 months, that person might start garnering some boos, and occasional calls to stop jumping up on the bar and demanding everyone's attention all the time.

just a thought. i dunno if you'll find it relevant. cheers.

#61 6 years ago

This guy is lucky he's 'only' got -45 votes at present. His complaint is literally "I've got so much money, I've run out of places to put it". Definition of a First World Problem.

How about buying a random kid or charity a pin, and seeing how much they LOVE it?
    Better than any NIB experience you could know at this point. A youth shelter would love a pinball. So would a battered women's shelter, or an old folks' home.

Just some thoughts to help solve your 'problem'.

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I don't like band pins and not much else really thrills me currently.

Why? Some of the best ones out there.

#63 6 years ago

Here's a thought. Use your stupid money and buy out Stern and produce pins that are worth a shit or maybe start your own pinball company and produce pins that are worth a shit.

There are a lot of people here that have a lot of money. Am I jealous, yes I am because I work my ass off and get nowhere but I don't hold it against them because I would be rich if I could figure out a way to get there. But none of them just blatantly rub it in peoples face, except maybe Keneda. I wish you would post a pic of yourself so I would know who to stay the fuck away from if I were ever to see you at a show.

#64 6 years ago

I bet you wish you could delete this thread. Oh well, thems the breaks.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

I bet you wish you could delete this thread.

Very doubtful.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from wtuttle:

So would a battered women's shelter, or an old folks' home.

I kinda want to make jokes about black eyes, tilt bobs and Parkinsons right now but this thread is disintegrating rapidly. I do like the idea of tossing a pin to somebody who might appreciate it though.

#67 6 years ago

I was always told that the way to appreciate what you have is to go help and interact with people that are less fortunate.

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

OP, i suspect you are at least somewhat surprised you got 43 downvotes for creating this thread. i was thinking, maybe i can help you see why people reacted that way.
    imagine you're at a pub hanging with a whole bunch of pinball friends, who are all chatting in various conversations about stuff they like or dislike or whatever. and now imagine someone keeps jumping up on the bar and shouting "hey everybody! ..... uhm .... " and then adding some random thought that just popped into their head. at first people humor the guy, because hey, we're all friends here. we're all having fun. but after like ... to pick a number totally at random ... let's say the 44th time in the last 6 months, that person might start garnering some boos, and occasional calls to stop jumping up on the bar and demanding everyone's attention all the time.
    just a thought. i dunno if you'll find it relevant. cheers.

Yup! Nailed it... except that "6 months" needs to be replaced by "55 days".

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I can't argue with that; even once is tacky. I'm not THAT rich or else I'd be on a Ferrari forum. However, I probably should have written "rich new guys" in quotes as I was referring to a group of new pin buyers that are frequently blamed (unfairly?) for the rising prices of pins; which I honestly belong to. But hey, *somebody* had to buy every pin out there NIB at one point.

When I said that I have more money than time I was simply conveying that I'd rather spend more for a pin that works perfectly than one I have to use up my time repairing. I'm am sure there are situations where the same saying would apply to you. Surely there is something that you hire a professional to do because you lack the time, the skill or the time to develop the skill to do it yourself. I am trying to learn to fix games but am mostly inexperienced at this point. Basically, it would take up more of my time repairing machines than it would for you more experienced pinheads and that isn't how I want to use my free time. I mean, I could be spending that time in a far more inane and ironic way by being on a forum explaining myself to people I don't know.

In closing, I want you to know from the bottom of my heart that I'M RICH BEYOTCH!

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I'M RICH BEYOTCH!

Lol

#71 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Why? Some of the best ones out there.

I believe you but I just don't really like the music of those bands. AC/DC and Metallica have a couple of decent songs but Aerosmith is terrible. If they made a Daft Punk, Nine Inch Nails, U2 or other band I like pin, I'd be all in for that. And Tron doesn't count for Daft Punk; they really failed there in not using more of that excellent soundtrack and score.

#72 6 years ago

You could buy my friends beautiful and rare Big Lewbowski. Or opt out and help the environment an buy a Tesla

#73 6 years ago

I have a similar problem. I've run out of room on my social calendar to accommodate all the gorgeous women who want to sleep with me.

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

You could buy my friends beautiful and rare Big Lewbowski. Or opt out and help the environment an buy a Tesla

I don't know if you're talking to me but I am *this* close to buying a Tesla. If I could find a decent used Model S with the 7 seats and AWD, it'd already be in my garage.

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I believe you but I just don't really like the music of those bands. AC/DC and Metallica have a couple of decent songs but Aerosmith is terrible. If they made a Daft Punk, Nine Inch Nails, U2 or other band I like pin, I'd be all in for that. And Tron doesn't count for Daft Punk; they really failed there in not using more of that excellent soundtrack and score.

I'm not a huge fan of any of the bands used for band pins. Doesn't stop me from enjoying the heck out of them though. I think you might be surprised if you give them a try. Tron's sounds and integration to the them are part of what make it excellent. I don't think you will find a lot of people that agree with you on that one.

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

I'm not a huge fan of any of the bands used for band pins. Doesn't stop me from enjoying the heck out of them though. I think you might be surprised if you give them a try.

Metallica is simultaneously one of the best games ever made and worst bands.

#77 6 years ago

nothing wrong with liquidating all of your recent NIB machines for less than nothing to us....then you can buy them all over again!

#78 6 years ago

I would recommend collecting - and enjoying - fine bourbons and scotch.

#79 6 years ago

Personally, I get a lot more joy out of finding a beat-up classic and bringing it back to life. The amount of money invested ends up being far less (typically) compared to an average entry price of 5600.00 on a new machine.

Plus you get to open "new" things constantly as you usually have to order tons of parts . The classics just can't beat imo... Indy, T2 CFBL just amazing games and they are becoming rarer and rarer.

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I was told the way to appreciate what you have is to help people that are less fortunate.

But it is the American way to only compare yourself with those who have more than you have - not less.

Quoted from apLundell:

I have a similar problem. I don't have time for all the gorgeous women who want to sleep with me.

I find that to be unbelievable. Or is that you, Angelina Jolie?

#81 6 years ago
    Quoted from Soulrider911:

Personally, I get a lot more joy out of finding a beat up classic, and brining it back to life, the amount of money invested ends up being far less as well compared to an average entry price of 5600 on a new machine. Plus the classics just can't be beat imo... Indy, T2 CFBL just amazing games

Gorgar is getting the most play out of the games in my collection, and that was DoA when it showed up to my house. Board work, new boards, PF touchup, Titans, warm LEDs, buying a rivet gun for the standups and learning how to rivet, disassembly and reassembly of the drop mechs, cleaning the crap out of it, literally creating an area in the basement to safely bang 2 dented legs back to straight with a hammer... basically a forgotten game brought back to glory. Now she's a pure blast to play, and not that bad of a looker either, and the total dollar investment was much lower than buying one in its current condition (and the time investment was actually fun to spend working on it).

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

But it is the American way to only compare yourself with those who have more than you have - not less.

Actually, I think the point of starting a pretentious thread "is" to compare yourself to those who have less.

(or at least those you "think" have less)

#83 6 years ago

Thanks what I'm talking about right there!! Nice Yoko2una and this is how we learn too, so much fun!!

Quoted from Yoko2una:

Gorgar is getting the most play out of the games in my collection, and that was DoA when it showed up to my house. Board work, new boards, PF touchup, Titans, warm LEDs, buying a rivet gun for the standups and learning how to rivet, disassembly and reassembly of the drop mechs, cleaning the crap out of it, literally creating an area in the basement to safely bang 2 dented legs back to straight with a hammer... basically a forgotten game brought back to glory. Now she's a pure blast to play, and not that bad of a looker either, and the total dollar investment was much lower than buying one in its current condition (and the time investment was actually fun to spend working on it).

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

I would recommend collecting - and enjoying - fine bourbons and scotch.

Tequila for me. Aged 100% agave. Goes down so smooth!

#85 6 years ago

Indy, T2 CFBL just amazing games and they are becoming rarer and rarer.

About 12,000 IJs....15,000 T2....8000 CFTBL were made. Those games will never be rare.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

About 12,000 IJs....15,000 T2....8000 CFTBL were made. Those games will never be rare.

True but how many in good shape? I don't see many for sale anymore?

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

True but how many in good shape? I don't see many for sale anymore?

Any game can be restored to be in good shape. More are probably in good shape now than ever, as most have ended up in collector & resellers hands. Sure maybe you don't see them falling from the sky, but they're not rare. If you want one of these titles, you'll find one.

#88 6 years ago

Rarehero let me rephrase, NICE ones are becoming rarer.

Why do you think a nice INDY can pull roughly 10k... and a nice CFTBL around 8k... Because anyone can have it, and they are abundantly available?? NO. It's due to the rarity and the demand of nice classics.

Don't you think I could have simply jumped on the pinball database and looked up those numbers myself? Production numbers do not equate to rarity, in my opinion, it's not a linear correlation. If you really want to get semantical, you would have to look up the history ans state of all those numbers to determine how many are still even in one piece. Just saying.

#89 6 years ago

rarehero let me rephrase, NICE ones are becoming rarer.
    Why do you think a nice INDY can pull roughly 10k... and a nice CFTBL around 8k...

Theme & nostalgic people with money.

#90 6 years ago
    Quoted from tslayer71:

The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like………victory

You know son... someday this war is going to end.

#91 6 years ago

Rarehero so are you saying that anyone with a 1964 1/2 mustang does not have something rare?? Rather it's just a wealthy individual with a piece of nostalgia and theme. The production numbers on that car were around 121,538.... But finding one... very hard...

#92 6 years ago

Lately, between so much "look what I can buy", arrogant noob ignorance, insane price ideals, and bandwagon junkies - it's all I can do to not start vomiting pinballs these days...

images-1 (resized).jpgimages-1 (resized).jpg

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

I don't know if you're talking to me but I am *this* close to buying a Tesla. If I could find a decent used Model S with the 7 seats and AWD, it'd already be in my garage.

one of the best decisions i ever made.

#94 6 years ago

rarehero so are you saying that anyone with a 1964 1/2 mustang does not have something rare?? Rather it's just a wealthy individual with a piece of nostalgia and theme. The production numbers on that car were around 121,538.... But finding one... very hard...

Cargument. Irrelevant to pinball.

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Lately, between so much "look what I can buy", arrogant noob ignorance, insane price ideals, and bandwagon junkies - it's all I can do to not start vomiting pinballs these days...

I never thought I would have to suggest this, but maybe don't eat pinballs?

#97 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

I never thought I would have to suggest this, but maybe don't eat pinballs?

Was only a problem when I had to get an MRI and couldn't remember if I had eaten Chrome or Carbon balls!

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from TRAMD:

If they made a Daft Punk, Nine Inch Nails, U2 or other band I like pin, I'd be all in for that.

I hope a U2 pin never gets made ever!!!

#99 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

one of the best decisions i ever made.

The planet thanks you Pez

#100 6 years ago

Yes, yes, chin up old boy! Rodgers Chapstick here. Heir to the chapstick fortune. I have so much money I only have to say so as many times as I say so. Moving on. When anyone is down, I say suck my

81SoHD1W3dL._AC_UL320_SR238,320_ (resized).jpg81SoHD1W3dL._AC_UL320_SR238,320_ (resized).jpg

There are 104 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-a-problem-there-are-no-more-nib-pins-to-buy-what-now/page/2?hl=panic_flip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.