Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by PeeCee68
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

in-2004-brawny-updated-its-mascot-from-a-tom-selleck-mustachioed-man-to-a-modern-metrosexual-lumberjack (resized).jpg
    DSCN5411 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

When nobody's home I put my machines on 5 balls

#2 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Why do you enjoy this? With extra balls...and hey since nobody's home, might as well set the replay score low and have that award an extra ball instead of a credit...you are playing games that last 5, 6, 7, 8 balls all of the time.

I've always preferred my games on factory, which is usually generous enough. A 9 ball game of T2 just never appealed to me.

But hey they are your games!

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why do you enjoy this? With extra balls...and hey since nobody's home, might as well set the replay score low and have that award an extra ball instead of a credit...you are playing games that last 5, 6, 7, 8 balls all of the time.
    I've always preferred my games on factory, which is usually generous enough. A 9 ball game of T2 just never appealed to me.
    But hey they are your games!

I think OP is trolling...

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I think OP is trolling...

My God...U serious ?!?

#5 6 years ago

You should have said this in the confessional thread. Now everyone will know.

#7 6 years ago

I prefer long games and having fun.I'm a mediocre player at best.if i have real pinball players over I keep them at 3 but when it's just me or a newbie who hasn't played in years I set it to 5 balls.and no I'm not trolling.

#8 6 years ago

I have my AC/DC pro at 5 right now. I want to hear It's a long way to the top, its one of their best tunes!

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I prefer long games and having fun.I'm a mediocre player at best.if i have real pinball players over I keep them at 3 but when it's just me or a newbie who hasn't played in years I set it to 5 balls.and no I'm not trolling.

Set them at whatever makes you happy.They are your games

#10 6 years ago

Sometimes, when no one's home, I put my machines on and have 5 beers.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Sometimes, when no one's home, I put my machines on and have 5 beers.

Ha ha I do not believe you no one leaves a lone soldier.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Rubber bands on flippers and outlanes works good as well.

#13 6 years ago

Sometimes when no one is home I...... Never mind.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Sometimes when no one is home I...... Never mind.

Oh, we know.........

#15 6 years ago

This topic has interested me in the past and I've seen many threads and posts already with varied opinions. I tend to be in the "it's your game, do what you want camp". However, I always try to see both sides of the argument. That led me to think about why pinball is 3 ball in the first place. It appears to me that pinball was always 5 balls when I was growing up, but operators starting moving towards 3 balls to decrease game time and increase revenue. If this is the only reason for 3 ball, then it makes no sense in a home environment, unless you are also trying to keep game times short. I know sometimes I just want a quickie... wait... that's another thread/forum all together.

I guess the more important question is, do you ever plan to play competitively? If not, then 5 balls and extra balls make no diff and who cares. People that tell you you're wrong just have too much time on their hands. But if you do plan to play competitively, then 3 balls with no extra balls will prepare you much better.

#16 6 years ago

Whatever blows your hair back I guess. I would be worried about infertility, those machines are heavy. On the other hand it sounds like you have spares in spades. I guess the ol' internet adage if you can imagine it, there's a forum and a web sight dedicated to the community around.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

That's not "pure pinball"!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-location-play-pure-pinball

#18 6 years ago

Who cares?

#19 6 years ago

Games were set to only 5 ball play long before you came up with the idea.

DSCN5411 (resized).JPGDSCN5411 (resized).JPG

#20 6 years ago

I do it too, especially when I am trying to get to a specific mode. Once I figure out the shots, I sometimes decrease the number as I go along, but others I simply leave there because the game is fun to play and I like the continuity. I would venture to guess that as many games as not, the high score was set with more than 3 balls, or having the glass off......bring on the flames! lol

#21 6 years ago

When we were kids if the machines were set to 3 balls we kept on walking.

#22 6 years ago

When I was a kid all machines were 5 balls.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Looks like it's time to change those balls out.

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm just trying to keep it old school

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballkim:

Looks like it's time to change those balls out.

I just put those in not long ago. Could be wax marks or reflection. I'll check em though. It is a pretty fast game with the balls flying around.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Do you also dress up in skirts?

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

Depends how hot she is

#28 6 years ago

I have my games all on five ball. And I leave them that way. And I'm a lumberjack.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

And I'm a lumberjack

Great Jackyl song!!!

#30 6 years ago

Oh the Shame !!!

#31 6 years ago

Shame

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I have my games all on five ball. And I leave them that way. And I'm a lumberjack.

And he's ok, he plays all night and he works all day.

Sorry (monte python)

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

*romphims

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

in-2004-brawny-updated-its-mascot-from-a-tom-selleck-mustachioed-man-to-a-modern-metrosexual-lumberjack (resized).jpgin-2004-brawny-updated-its-mascot-from-a-tom-selleck-mustachioed-man-to-a-modern-metrosexual-lumberjack (resized).jpg

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I have my AC/DC pro at 5 right now. I want to hear It's a long way to the top, its one of their best tunes!

Good luck with that!

#36 6 years ago

One time, when no one was home, I tried to play 5 ball pinball with my feet!

#37 6 years ago

I play with 2 balls when home alone. Reminds me of the good old days (high school).

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'm a mediocre player at best.

Well you beat me at VFW pinball show EM tourney 3 weeks ago,
    so then I guess i must be less than mediocre.
    I feel all EMs and early S/S pins should be set to 5 ball play regardless.
    Not until mid/late 80s do games need to be set to 3 Ball Play.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I feel all EMs and early S/S pins should be set to 5 ball play regardless.
    Not until mid/late 80s do games need to be set to 3 Ball Play.

I usually finish between the top 3rd to half so maybe just above average?

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

EMs are much more random than later games. I wouldn;t read too much into it.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

Good luck with that!

Mine is modded so that it's the encore song It's way too hard on the pro in three balls.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

... why pinball is 3 ball in the first place. It appears to me that pinball was always 5 balls when I was growing up, but operators starting moving towards 3 balls to decrease game time and increase revenue.

Five balls was the standard back when games were too random for a skilled player to play fifteen minutes on one nickel. As 3" flippers became the norm and players were now able to catch and control the ball the three ball game eventually became the standard. Even the early sixties games often have a jones plug for that option.
    Anyone know the first game that offered a 3 ball option? o-din

#44 6 years ago

Not that this really matters worth a duck's fart, but the vast majority of pinball flyers that have a legible instruction card on the apron show the games set to 3-ball. The only ones I've found so far set to 5-ball, and I admit I haven't checked every single late 70's - early 80's flyer but I've checked most of them, are the two Bally widebodies Future Spa and Space Invaders.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Not that this really matters worth a duck's fart, but the vast majority of pinball flyers that have a legible instruction card on the apron show the games set to 3-ball. The only ones I've found so far set to 5-ball, and I admit I haven't checked every single late 70's - early 80's flyer but I've checked most of them, are the two Bally widebodies Future Spa and Space Invaders.

Maybe in the flyers but all my classic SS games have score cards for both 3 and 5 ball play. And as with what all the others are saying most pins were 5 ball play up to the early 80's.
    I also set my pins to 5 balls when trying to learn a game. After a few weeks scores get cleared and set back to 3 balls.

#46 6 years ago

BK2 was advertised and shipped from the factory as a 5-ball game but most ops ran them 3-ball.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Anyone know the first game that offered a 3 ball option?

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2063&picno=20422&zoom=1
    GTB Scoreboard 1956
    There was not an option
    it was 3 ball only play

Though the 1st multiplayer flipper game
    Super Jumbo by GTB 1955
    was adjustable to 3, 4 or 5 ball play
    http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2434&picno=4751&zoom=1

2 years later
    #48 3 years ago

Apparently I have a dirty mind!

Recently, I watched a pinhead stream his gameplay on Twitch. I shall not name names here... He happened to title his stream as “You Big Sausage”, so I naturally thought this is a naughty stream title.... and he’s got a dirty mind! But this turned out not to be the case!

He played FunHouse, a 1990 Williams game that featured “Rudy” as the main game character. Rudy likes to spew out snarky remarks throughout the game, which really adds spice to the game. Anyway, he played really well, and engaged viewers with fun conversation. I can definitely say that good conversation was had by all. During the conversation, somehow he mentioned he has a “dirty” confession to make but is afraid to say. So did we viewers encourage him to spit it out? Of course we did! I shall not go into detail here. Oh, gratuitous detail is as follows: It involves how he wants to go to bed. I was thinking that, yup, with the stream title and the confession, his mind is definitely in the gutter.

It didn’t take long to find out that my mind is in the gutter as well! Sometime after the confession, he asked his viewers to find out how to complete a certain game mode that involved hitting on Rudy’s loud mouth, and that upon completion, Rudy would shout out, “You Big Sausage!”. OMG! This happens to be the stream title!

His mentioning that Rudy would shout out the stream title instantly, totally dumbstruck me in the head!!! Like, Huh!?! You mean, You Big Sausage is all about the game, and not about certain male anatomy!?! Like, Huh!?! You mean, I had a dirty assumption (mind) in the first place?!?

That brought out big laughs by both of us. Like, who has had his mind in the gutter all.... night..... long!?! You see, I told him what I had thought of the stream title shortly after.

It turned out I also have a dirty mind!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-a-confession-to-make?hl=nascarrey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.