Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by tfduda
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I have a 1957 Williams Cue Ball / Looking for assistance with a repair. All Lights have gone out, both the playing field and scoreboard. Everything else is working great, playing field, bumpers, flippers.
I was playing for about an hour, then the lights went out. I'm a novice at the repair process, greatly appreciate any thoughts.

#2 1 year ago

All the GI going out at the same time suggests the 6V circuit (i.e., the GI circuit) fuse blew.

If the fuses are labeled you should be able to easily find which one might be the problem. If it's blown, replace with correct one (as per label near fuse holder or schematic--don't assume that the previous fuse that was installed is correct).

The fuse might have blown because it's old and it may not blow again anytime soon. But if it does continue to occasionally blow, the problem could be a short. For example, a woodrail of mine kept blowing its 6V fuse but only during certain games. I finally discovered that it was blowing as soon I gained more than 4.99 million points. The problem turned out to be a shorted out socket for the 5 million lite.

Good luck!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-a-1957-williams-cue-ball-lights-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.