1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by WackyBrakke
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which recently Stern Primium should I seed my rotation spot with”

• AC DC 33 votes
      10%
    • Batman 66 39 votes
      12%
    • Aerosmith 10 votes
      3%
    • Star Wars 37 votes
      12%
    • Guardians of the Galaxy 19 votes
      6%
    • Iron Maiden 127 votes
      40%
    • Deadpool 55 votes
      17%

(320 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

wallhdpic (38) (resized).jpg
    wallhdpic (40) (resized).jpg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

I have a pile of 75 benjies burning a hole in my pocket. I want to add one machine to my collection as a place holder that I refresh frequently. Likely every 6 month or so sell it and pickup something else new to play for a while. Which newer model Stern should I start with?

#2 1 year ago

AC/DC vaults still available?

edit: hmm didnt see a poll at first, so yeah, voted

#3 1 year ago

Since you rotate often I chose Star Wars.
    Wont win the beauty contest here but code is about done and it’s a good player.
    Maiden and BM66 are longer term holds to me.
    Lucky you, many good choices.

#4 1 year ago

I would say play them all first then decide. The majority on this list I personally didn’t like but others do. And I would add Alice Cooper to that list

#5 1 year ago

Well i picked IMDN but if you plan on selling it in 6 months then that is not the game you want because you will never want to sell it if you get one.

#6 1 year ago

AFMR LE, not a Stern but my two cents

#7 1 year ago

Since you refresh frequently I would go with a new title like Iron Maiden or Deadpool, it’s fun to try the new and if it’s not a a fav, get the next new thing

#9 1 year ago

I really like BM66. Just a fun game with great campy theme and art. SW another great solid player that I really enjpy playing. I haven't played Iron Maiden but not a fan at all of theme.

#10 1 year ago

I recently bought SW pro and I like it alot. So that's my vote.

#12 1 year ago

Star Wars is probably the right choice. Older and more mature, should probably always plan to rotate out for something older and mature and let the newest stuff ferment a little longer. AC DC fits that too, maybe more mature actually.....hmmmmmm

#13 1 year ago

Iron Maiden Prem without a doubt!

#14 1 year ago

IMaiden Premium or Batman 66 Premium(if you can find one). Recently bought both. Can’t go wrong with either. Best, Charlie

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from FLpinball:

IMaiden Premium or Batman 66 Premium(if you can find one). Recently bought both. Can’t go wrong with either. Best, Charlie

Listen to this guy. He knows his pinball!

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

Iron Maiden Prem without a doubt!

Or Ac/Dc Premium

#17 1 year ago

If i where you I would rather buy 3 of the 80's pins then one of the new ones.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from Luzur:

If i where you I would rather buy 3 of the 80's pins then one of the new ones.

Only have room for 1. Leaning toward AC/DC since it’s the most mature from a code standpoint. Then maybe in 6-12 months sell it and being in a Star Wars depending on where it’s at with code.

#19 1 year ago

Just looked at your collection. Nice having a TNA and a Dialed In along with the other nice titles. I’ve avoided DI due to the crazy pricing. I’m currently interested in BM66, Maiden and Deadpool. If I were stretching my resources, I wouldn’t buy anything nib. Just grab something that’s been out 6 months or more and let someone else take the depreciation.

#20 1 year ago

Meteor, then put the other 6500 back in your pocket.

#21 1 year ago

Deadpool Prem

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Only have room for 1. Leaning toward AC/DC since it’s the most mature from a code standpoint. Then maybe in 6-12 months sell it and being in a Star Wars depending on where it’s at with code.

Star Wars code is pretty much done. Dwight has moved on and he rarely ever looks back. That said, SW is killer. I prefer its ruleset over IMDN as its more addicting and Has that one more game feel about it for sure. If you're going AC/DC, I recommend the pro vault. It's more fun than the premium as well as more rare. Rare = good right?

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

AFMR LE, not a Stern but my two cents

Can't get for $7500 but this is my advice as well.

#24 1 year ago

Having an iron maiden premium at the pinball bar that I am opening, I would scream for you to get one. Outclasses everything on this list. And we have all these games. However , some people just hate the theme and don't want to own it for that reason. I am not one of them btw. Iron Maiden is one of my favorite bands. Really this game is in a league of its own. Definitely my favorite Stern game of all time.

#25 1 year ago

On list, I would say AcDc premium or Maiden

#26 1 year ago

Deadpool sure looks interesting......

#27 1 year ago

Whichever has the most code completed.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

On list, I would say AcDc premium or Maiden

I just couldn't get into either of those simply bc they are saturated with the band.... As expected. Shame too bc they play well especially maiden. Acdc to me is highly overrated.

I'm been feeling the non license themes recently

#29 1 year ago

Hard to wrong with any of those choices. That being said AC/DC Premium is a no brainer for me. Great layout, great music, and great code. You should be able to pick up a nice HUO with color dmd (must have), shaker (must have), and other nice mods for $7K or less.

#30 1 year ago

I put a ton of games on Iron Maiden LE and really enjoyed the freshness of the layout. (a ton ~30 - someone had loaded it up with 30 credits.)

It was at a bar so the fact that I'm not an Iron Maiden music fan didn't matter but it would surely matter to you in your game room.

My ASLE is a blast, and the music is good enough not to detract from the experience so I voted for it.

#31 1 year ago

Forced to pick one of those, it would be BM66.

Either of the current remakes or a JJ game would be a better choice IMO. Or wait a few months and get a brand new MB.

#32 1 year ago

Any of them except gotg that one I think you would be selling in 2 months,it's fun for a game or 2 but just doesn't grab me and the music in it is worse than Maiden!!

#33 1 year ago

I thought you were waiting for MBr?

#34 1 year ago

Dennis has an AC DC pro for $4,999.

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

I thought you were waiting for MBr?

I am already reserving permanent space for it. I have one last spot for a machine and want it to be a spot I refresh frequently. What is the difference between AC/DC pro and premium? I can’t find the normal matrix on Sterns site

#36 1 year ago

Well AC/DC is the best game. However it is a bit older. AC/DC has always been strange for me. I always love playing it, but I don’t think about it when I’m not.

Out of the rest, Iron Maiden. I hate their music, but the game is awesome. Loads of fun.

Finally I’d give a shout to Dead Pool. But of course, I haven’t played it, so it’s a pretty weak shout.

#37 1 year ago

Definitely Iron Maiden, followed by Batman 66.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I am already reserving permanent space for it. I have one last spot for a machine and want it to be a spot I refresh frequently. What is the difference between AC/DC pro and premium? I can’t find the normal matrix on Sterns site

A ton of things. Lower playfield, crossover ramp, dancin’ band, TNT plunger moves, drop targets all over, TNT target revealed by drops, fire wall effect on right ramp, molded train on right, magnet & scoop on the bell, swinging bell (later Pros had swinging bell but it’s a bit different), color changing GI, some color changing inserts.

Also, AC/DC is my pick. It’s always fun and you can play the code in so many different ways and still have fun.

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

A ton of things. Lower playfield, crossover ramp, dancin’ band, TNT plunger moves, drop targets all over, TNT target revealed by drops, fire wall effect on right ramp, molded train on right, magnet & scoop on the bell, swinging bell (later Pros had swinging bell but it’s a bit different), color changing GI, some color changing inserts.
    Also, AC/DC is my pick. It’s always fun and you can play the code in so many different ways and still have fun.

Jeeze ok I’ll stick to the premium!

#40 1 year ago

IMDN is killing all of the other games in your poll and there's a reason for that.

#41 1 year ago

Dancing band on ACDC is the single worst "thing" in Pinball of all time. RCT troll laughs at it.

#42 1 year ago

I would buy a bunch of older games and get more bang for your buck.

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

I would buy a bunch of older games and get more bang for your buck.

Room for 1 game.......

#45 1 year ago

It is rare the latest game in the honey moon period doesn't win a poll like this.

I didn't vote but I bet Deadpool is ahead of most of the games if not number 1 and no-one has seen it played. I would pick ACDC or SW because you would be getting the finished product when it arrives. IMDM (which I really like) might not be done inside your 6 month window and DP wont be.

#46 1 year ago

hmnn

wallhdpic (40) (resized).jpg
    #47 1 year ago

not sure

wallhdpic (38) (resized).jpg
    #48 1 year ago

Wait for Munsters...

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blacksun:

Wait for Munsters...

Forget about pinball, would this ever be good advice?!?

#50 1 year ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Forget about pinball, would this ever be good advice?!?

This kind of comment could get you kicked off of Pinside forever.. and no this is horrible advice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Various Other Swag
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12.99
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    £ 32.00
    $ 49.99
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 499.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 20.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Playfield - Protection
    PinShield
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside