(Topic ID: 222904)

I have 100k for 12 pins... which pins should i buy?

By Dantesmark

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    33E8744A-81DB-43B3-840A-1F40C5ABA47A (resized).jpeg
    3504C903-E345-4ADD-9AF3-7D6A56AEFBEB (resized).png
    52DF1ECC-791E-406E-8792-BC8C9E5C4E7F (resized).jpeg
    TB2_.kib77myKJjSZFgXXcT9XXa_!!2935243903 (resized).jpg
    qpwte1klsvm.jpg
    30040364_15269158430_r.jpeg
    7b2d1149499b9113c9443522485c3e5e (resized).jpg
    279AA660-786A-48FB-BFA3-7830F2F297A8 (resized).jpeg
    7D3F9BD2-1818-40CF-8216-FDAA0667F6F5 (resized).jpeg
    69D4731D-A180-47D5-BA4A-722F1CAB3569 (resized).jpeg
    299DD423-F306-42B9-97A6-89155D8D094C (resized).jpeg
    32CA07E7-7AE8-4023-9017-8A7B90BF3415 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    8E0936AE-3578-4F9A-8452-4F9F36598569 (resized).jpeg
    491BD930-1747-4912-90AE-D7BA6A6C6F94 (resized).jpeg
    There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 5 years ago

Heres my list so far... any other titles you would swap let me kno and i may consider it. I already have acdc and wh20, they are staying. I only have room for 12 more.

Scared stiff
    Attack from mars
    Circus voltaire
    Arabian nights
    monster bash
    Medievil madness
    Twilight zone
    Theatre of magic
    Tna
    Dialed in
    Indiana
    Lotr

#2 5 years ago

I think I'd skip the Scared Stiff and Arabian Nights and get and Iron Maiden and a JJP Pirates.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

Pirates... really?

#4 5 years ago

I was thinking of skipping afm, scared stiff and Indiana, and switching to Iron Maiden, woz, and bm66

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

have 100k for 12 pins....

Why limit yourself? Call up Fatrain of Dayhuff and sell your Bigfoot and really buy some games.

#6 5 years ago

I have none of those titles but I'll sell you my whole collection!

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Pirates... really?

Yes. That would give you two wide bodies in your collection.

LTG : )

#8 5 years ago

Definitely skip scared stiff and put a JJP Pirates. Scared stiff will get old after about a month. And TOTAN is another one that I would skip but with 100k it seems like you aren't very limited

#9 5 years ago

Eight of those games have the classic fan layout so you are going to have a lot of similar game play. I've owned most of those game at some point and let TOM, LOTR, and TZ go. MB. TOTAN, and SS are great for non-pinhead guests. How about some older games like FH, CFTBL or HS? FG or Shadow would also add some variety.

#10 5 years ago

Way too B/W heavy...you need way more variety for that kind of coin.

#11 5 years ago

TZ,Addams, CV, Fun House , AC/DC,SS, TOTAN,AFMLE , MM, MBR. CC , DI, WOZ, opps
    Over the limit! I can finance theses HUO versions , ready for new 911 Turbo

Start with one mint version, Takes a long time

#13 5 years ago

11 Stern LE,s ??? No way

#14 5 years ago

Forget pinball!

#15 5 years ago

Dude are you trying to get us all divorced , thats only 25k in pins man lol!

#16 5 years ago

Why the SS hate? It is a great pin, especially for guests!

#17 5 years ago

I also don't think you need AFM, MM, and MB. They are quite similar and expensive, if I were you I would pick my favorite of these three and think about something else. Possibly a STTNG? If you must have these, just do two. MB and whichever theme is most desirable.

#18 5 years ago

scared stiff ought to be a 3500 game. tom is way overated. indy and dialed , lotr, tz and voltaire for sure.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Why limit yourself? Call up Fatrain of Dayhuff and sell your Bigfoot and really buy some games.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Big Foot hasn’t been seen in 40 years and they made one. Why that’s listed in his current collection is beyond me.

#20 5 years ago

4 Magic Girls

#21 5 years ago

This is a thought experiment, right? Like what you would do with your life if you became an instant billionaire?

If you've REALLY got a hundred grand that's JUST for pins, the obvious REAL solution is to:

1) Put the money somewhere where it will at least earn a little bit of interest.

2) Make your "master" list, then see what's actually available and make another list.

3) Write down all the titles that are on both lists on scraps of paper, and drop them in a hat.

3a) Close your eyes and pull out the first scrap. Before you look at it, go out and buy the one that you are secretly hoping you actually drew. Be honest, it's just you.

4) Spend a bit of time with your new game and figure out if you like it as much as you thought you would.

5) Go to step 3 as needed

Of course, if your spouse has a favorite, go get that one first.

It's actually pretty unlikely that you'll be able to get all those games at once, and you're very likely to discover that there are some games that aren't as great to have in your collection as you thought, and some that really grab you more than you figured. Let your collection evolve according to your changing taste and skills.

And Scared Stiff is awesome.

#22 5 years ago

Hookers and blow.

rd

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from WavingWilly:

Why the SS hate? It is a great pin, especially for guests!

Give it time. It was amazing at first, but other than spider MB, the game is kiddie pool deep. Elvira's cleavage and everyone circle-jerking each other is the only reason SS is a $6000+ pin. $3000 overpriced easily.

Just is what it is.

#24 5 years ago

You asked, so....
    I would skip
    TNA (you’ll get bored)
    TOM (same)
    SS (same)
    Either AFM or MM (too similar)

Replace with
    TRON LE
    TWD Premium
    JJP Pirates
    Houdini

More variety!
    And buy the newest Chicago remakes with all the bells and whistles instead of the originals.

#25 5 years ago

Here are the def staying on the list...
    Tom (wifes fave)
    Tna. (Cool, great sound, modern em)
    Afm & mm (similar, but my faves)

#26 5 years ago

Mbrle will also prob stay on the list just bc of the new code/display/topper they have on it. May leave collection later if i get bored, but one of my good buddies loves that game.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zennmaster:

This is a thought experiment, right? Like what you would do with your life if you became an instant billionaire?
    If you've REALLY got a hundred grand that's JUST for pins, the obvious REAL solution is to:
    1) Put the money somewhere where it will at least earn a little bit of interest.
    2) Make your "master" list, then see what's actually available and make another list.
    3) Write down all the titles that are on both lists on scraps of paper, and drop them in a hat.
    3a) Close your eyes and pull out the first scrap. Before you look at it, go out and buy the one that you are secretly hoping you actually drew. Be honest, it's just you.
    4) Spend a bit of time with your new game and figure out if you like it as much as you thought you would.
    5) Go to step 3 as needed
    Of course, if your spouse has a favorite, go get that one first.
    It's actually pretty unlikely that you'll be able to get all those games at once, and you're very likely to discover that there are some games that aren't as great to have in your collection as you thought, and some that really grab you more than you figured. Let your collection evolve according to your changing taste and skills.
    And Scared Stiff is awesome.

These are not an investment.
    My portfolio is strong to quite strong.
    Lol

#28 5 years ago

Here is my idea for your 12 pins:

Attack from mars
    Monster bash
    Medieval Madness
    Theatre of Magic (or for Wive: WOZ / LOTR)
    Indiana Jones (WPC)
    Houdini (AP)
    POTC (JJP)
    Dialed in
    LOTR
    Iron Maiden
    Batman 66 or TWD Prem.
    TNA

#29 5 years ago

I would take a Congo over half the games on that list.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Lower playfield is lame imho

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Lower playfield is lame imho

It's not the greatest but it's a small part of the game

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

It's not the greatest but it's a small part of the game

I agree but nice reward if i remind well.

#33 5 years ago

OK, honest answer given you must stays and 100k hard limit

TOM 6k
    Tna get the butter cab cause you can 7k
    Afm buy a HEP restore 12k (remakes are junk in comparison and if these are your faves then get the best)
    MM buy a HEP restore 12k (remakes are junk in comparison and if these are your faves then get the best)
    Restored Classic Bally 81' (whatever one you like but get a nice one; I suggest Centaur as the best for your situation) lets say 7k
    Williams IJ > great theme and you need a widebody 7k
    TWDpro (the prem just does not shoot as well) 5k
    TZ or TAF; you need a lawlor classic and these are the best of his classics 7k
    One nice restored EM; I suggest Wizard or 300' or Fireball or 4millBC. Get a good player that is also a 4 person. Lets say 4k cause you want a nice one
    Dialed In LE cause it is just fricking amazing. 8k
    You need a Sys11 game. Most will say ES or Wwind but a guy like you needs something rare that other people rarely have. You need something that pinheads will be excited to play because they dont see ti often. Get a Transporter. 3.5k
    Last one to round out the 12 will be TBL which apparently go for 21.5k now so that takes care of your cash. Cool theme, average game, but rare and pinheads will want to play it.

This collection gets you some diversity, will appeal to you wife, you, casuals that come play, pinheads that come play, and keeps it fresh.

Be prepared as after playing these games for 6 months you can plan on selling half and buying classics from 78-90 era if you want the best in challenge and fun.

You are also going to want to save some money for Danesi #2

#34 5 years ago

Woz.

Skip TotAN

Need some Borg games!!! (I have 4)

Tron
    IM
    TWD pro
    Metallica pro

#35 5 years ago

Must they all have DMD/LCDs? Go a little further back and you and your family will still have fun

#36 5 years ago
    1486-basic-shapes-cookie-cutters (resized).jpg1486-basic-shapes-cookie-cutters (resized).jpg
    #37 5 years ago

Black Knight 2000 Get ready for battle... BEAT THE BLACK KNIGHT!

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

OK, honest answer given you must stays and 100k hard limit
    TOM 6k
    Tna get the butter cab cause you can 7k
    Afm buy a HEP restore 12k (remakes are junk in comparison and if these are your faves then get the best)
    MM buy a HEP restore 12k (remakes are junk in comparison and if these are your faves then get the best)
    Restored Classic Bally 81' (whatever one you like but get a nice one; I suggest Centaur as the best for your situation) lets say 7k
    Williams IJ > great theme and you need a widebody 7k
    TWDpro (the prem just does not shoot as well) 5k
    TZ or TAF; you need a lawlor classic and these are the best of his classics 7k
    One nice restored EM; I suggest Wizard or 300' or Fireball or 4millBC. Get a good player that is also a 4 person. Lets say 4k cause you want a nice one
    Dialed In LE cause it is just fricking amazing. 8k
    You need a Sys11 game. Most will say ES or Wwind but a guy like you needs something rare that other people rarely have. You need something that pinheads will be excited to play because they dont see ti often. Get a Transporter. 3.5k
    Last one to round out the 12 will be TBL which apparently go for 21.5k now so that takes care of your cash. Cool theme, average game, but rare and pinheads will want to play it.
    This collection gets you some diversity, will appeal to you wife, you, casuals that come play, pinheads that come play, and keeps it fresh.
    Be prepared as after playing these games for 6 months you can plan on selling half and buying classics from 78-90 era if you want the best in challenge and fun.
    You are also going to want to save some money for Danesi #2

I don’t agree
    For me it is MM OR AFM, not both
    TWD pro: lightning is way better on premium and bicycle ramp gives more variety
    DILE: gets the most stupid of the most important shot in a game as SIM card shot

I could agree with the rest of your comment event if i’m not interested in EM games. TNA gets an amazing light show and sound package.

#39 5 years ago

Hey OP, buying new pins aside, I just wanna know the story of the long lost Bigfoot listed in your collection. Please explain.

#40 5 years ago

I don’t agree
    For me it is MM OR AFM, not both
    TWD pro: lightning is way better on premium and bicycle ramp gives more variety
    DILE: gets the most stupid of the most important shot in a game as SIM card shot

I could agree with the rest of your comment event if i’m not interested in EM games. TNA gets an amazing light show and sound package.

that is not the list of games I would get for myself, but OP specifically noted that AFM and MM are for sure things so I kept them in.
    DIle is a fantastic game and SIM shot is important but far from what it takes to play the game. It is just butter smooth with amazing feel and immersion.
    TWD, we can agree to disagree. The only thing better about the prem is walker bombs. I still here rumor of a vault coming which will incorporate that but have the much better shooting bicycle of the pro

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

Hey OP, buying new pins aside, I just wanna know the story of the long lost Bigfoot listed in your collection. Please explain.

Maybe 100k is the offer he has for his big foot..

#42 5 years ago

Maybe 100k is the offer he has for his big foot..

Hmmmmmmm.... maybe.

#43 5 years ago

include an Addams Family.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Same. I would also take my NGG over most of them.

#45 5 years ago

Monster Bash
    Medieval Madness
    Circus Voltaire
    Attack from Mars
    Goldeneye
    Congo
    Flintstones
    Dialled In
    Twilight Zone
    Indiana Jones
    TOM
    LOTR

#46 5 years ago

These kind of threads always devolve into people posting their personal preferences, which I don't think is too helpful.

One guy says "I hate Twilight Zone", the other guy says "Twilight Zone is the best game ever." How does that help anyone?

To be useful, a list like this should include the most popular collector pins.

Because instead of representing ONE data point (you), it would represent the entire mass of collectors.

If you picked games that were extremely popular among all collectors, then the statistical probability of a person enjoying the collection would be highest.

Since the OP is a different person from you, the odds of him enjoying the exact same 12 games as you are very slim.

But the odds of him enjoying 12 games that are broadly popular is high.

Same thing with arcade games.

If you wanted the highest probability of a single person enjoying your collection the most, then you would pick games that were very popular across the population, like Ms Pac Man, Centipede, Star Wars, etc.

Since those games are MOST popular, it proves that they have the qualities that are enjoyed by the MOST people. So the probability of the game being liked by a single random person goes up. It's statistics.

Actually, now that I think of it, the idea works for everything.

If you were spinning records like a DJ, the chances of the MOST customers enjoying your record picks would go up if you picked the most popular songs.

If you picked records that were less popular, but better liked by YOU personally, the number of happy customers would statistically go down.

So the question should be rephrased, "What are the most popular pinball machines among pinball fans?"

#47 5 years ago

So already in
    AC/DC
    WH2O
    Definite
    MM 7K or HEP12K
    AFM 7K or HEP 12K
    TOM 6K
    TNA 7K

Balance remaining Non HEP 73k. Buying HEP favorites balance 63K. 8 spots left

I would go
    TZ 7K
    IJ 7K
    TWD pro 5K
    Shadow 4K
    IM 5K
    GOT 7K
    And Stop. The above listed games are 35K. I would buy the HEP MM and AFM so total spent would be 37k plus 35K total 72K leaving a balance of 28 K with 2 spots.
    Spots are valuable in that once you fill up you have to sell to buy. I would hold the spots and cash for when an extremely nice example of a desirable game comes up at a good price.

#48 5 years ago

First world problems lol

#49 5 years ago

So if were just doing 12 dreams...heres mine in tiers of three.

Funhouse. Star Trek LE. TNA.

Hook. High Speed 2. Whirlwind.

GOTG. Star Wars DE. Sorcerer.

STTNG. Star Trek (BALLY). Rollergames.

And ive left you about 40k still to spend.

#50 5 years ago

I’ll sell you my collection of 12 immaculate pins for exactly 100k

There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-100k-for-12-pins-which-pins-should-i-buy?hl=jenniebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.