(Topic ID: 222904)

I have 100k for 12 pins... which pins should i buy?

By Dantesmark

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    33E8744A-81DB-43B3-840A-1F40C5ABA47A (resized).jpeg
    3504C903-E345-4ADD-9AF3-7D6A56AEFBEB (resized).png
    52DF1ECC-791E-406E-8792-BC8C9E5C4E7F (resized).jpeg
    TB2_.kib77myKJjSZFgXXcT9XXa_!!2935243903 (resized).jpg
    qpwte1klsvm.jpg
    30040364_15269158430_r.jpeg
    7b2d1149499b9113c9443522485c3e5e (resized).jpg
    279AA660-786A-48FB-BFA3-7830F2F297A8 (resized).jpeg
    7D3F9BD2-1818-40CF-8216-FDAA0667F6F5 (resized).jpeg
    69D4731D-A180-47D5-BA4A-722F1CAB3569 (resized).jpeg
    299DD423-F306-42B9-97A6-89155D8D094C (resized).jpeg
    32CA07E7-7AE8-4023-9017-8A7B90BF3415 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    8E0936AE-3578-4F9A-8452-4F9F36598569 (resized).jpeg
    491BD930-1747-4912-90AE-D7BA6A6C6F94 (resized).jpeg
    There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 5 years ago

Why would i need pinball lessons?

#202 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Spend the $100k on pinball lessons.

He needs a live in tech to keep his collection up.

LTG : )

#203 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Why would i need pinball lessons?

Carl also provides shasta and deli meats, so it’s more than just lessons.

It’s a complete experience.

rd

#204 5 years ago

Facepalm

#205 5 years ago

I gonna drain this one as it starts to be foolish.

#206 5 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Post #1

#207 5 years ago

I really couldn't care less how rich people spend their money. I think it's super tacky to flaunt it, this thread is definitely in that category, so I'm gonna post and drain, I don't feel like seeing it. But if you want some advice it's this:

Buying all those games at once, no matter what they are, is just a recipe for not enjoying a bunch of pinball. Unless you're the kind of rich guy who just likes to show people how much stuff they have, in which case knock yourself out, I'm sure your neighbors will be impressed for a few minutes.

But if you're a player, who wants to enjoy games, and you have money, then slow your roll. Pick them up slowly. Enjoy the hunt. Enjoying exploring each game without being a butterfly trying to flit from game to game, sipping and not really getting anywhere. Learn what you like, instead of asking a bunch of strangers to make you a game list. Especially one so generic, you can get that list from anywhere, it's like a Baby's First Top Pinball list.

#208 5 years ago

Mic drop... thx for the advice, now beat it.

#209 5 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

LOL This thread started off foolish

#210 5 years ago

Buy 12 Monster Bash remakes and roll across them back and forth on a scooter laughing and hitting buttons in pure joy!!!!!!!!!

#211 5 years ago
    52DF1ECC-791E-406E-8792-BC8C9E5C4E7F (resized).jpeg52DF1ECC-791E-406E-8792-BC8C9E5C4E7F (resized).jpeg
    #212 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

I already have acdc and wh20, they are staying. I only have room for 12 more.
    Scared stiff
    Attack from mars
    Circus voltaire
    Arabian nights
    monster bash
    Medievil madness
    Twilight zone
    Theatre of magic
    Tna
    Dialed in
    Indiana
    Lotr

Assuming you already have AcDc and WH20 (both excellent choices).

I am trying not to copy and paste my collection, but what would I get if was starting from scratch with the two pins you already listed.

these are estimated prices without mod I may be off on my prices by some. I am listing very good examples of these pins but I am not 100% sure of the market so just guestimates. Leaving you $10K for color DMD, shakers, PDI glass etc.

14 pins (have a lot of Stern pins but that's what I like) maybe you can squeeze 16 pins (with the two you already own) in there instead of 14?

DI LE $9K
    Woz RR $9K
    AFMr LE $8K
    TZ $7K
    IJ $7K
    TAF $7K
    TNA $6K

Tron $6K
    Met pro $5K
    TWD pro $5K
    SM $5K
    TSPP $5K

outside looking in if you can only fit 12 pins.
    IM VE $5K (nice but can't quite beat out Tron/Met/TWD imo)
    LotR $6K (too much of a grind)

#213 5 years ago

Like the list except TAF... game has never grabbed me.

#214 5 years ago

You can just look at the top 12 of the top 100. By definition, eventually it’s going to give you the same list of games as you get from this thread.

#215 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Like the list except TAF... game has never grabbed me.

Hey me either. I was just throwing TAF in because it's so highly rated, I figured that I was missing something maybe here's one I forgot instead: CFTBL this is a simple game but got a lot of character. Or whatever you prefer TotAN, Scared Stiff etc.

I hear Iron Maiden is really good but have not played that too much (or SW, GOTG etc).

I think Woz is the best game, but not everyone will agree.

view this Woz tutorial first

#216 5 years ago

Ive heard great things about Shadow and bsd... but havent tried them yet.

#217 5 years ago

Where are the early 80s Bally stern Williams titles or some gottlieb EMs?

#218 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brian541:

100k =11 dead pool LEs roughly!

Or 20 NIB WWE Wrestlemania LEs! Whoo hoo!

#220 5 years ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Where are the early 80s Bally stern Williams titles or some gottlieb EMs?

What are some i should check out?
    Centaur is cool looking but not my cup o tea. What else should i try that would b worthy of knocking off one on my list?

#221 5 years ago

Fathom

#222 5 years ago

Beautiful machine... wonder where i could try one... see thats part of the problem. If i cant play it, im not gonna buy it, plain and simple. But ill keep my eye out!
    Thx!

#223 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Beautiful machine... wonder where i could try one... see thats part of the problem. If i cant play it, im not gonna buy it, plain and simple. But ill keep my eye out!
    Thx!

Give a shout to kypinguy on pinside. He's about 45 minutes south of Louisville and has a Fathom. If you're really nice and offer to bring beer, I bet you could score a test drive.

#224 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Here are the def staying on the list...
    Tom (wifes fave)
    Tna. (Cool, great sound, modern em)
    Afm & mm (similar, but my faves)

TOM is a beautiful pin but I get tired of that broad telling me you have the magic over and over again
    It a Jpop pin at its best
    Beautiful design and layout / artwork, but the rules suck big time
    I couldn't sell mine fast enough...
    honest to God TOM lasted 3 months in my collection

I'd sell you all my games
    LOTR 3rd owner HUO
    TSPP 2nd owner HUO
    ACDC pre 2nd owner HUO
    MET pre NIB
    STpre 3rd owner HUO
    TZ HUO
    TAF 2nd owner HUO
    WOZ ECLE 3rd owner HUO

There are some long ball games in there and some serious speed / jams to mix it up

#225 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

I actually do enjoy me some Baywatch!

.... Kentucky.
    Is there something we're missing here?

#226 5 years ago

I have owned every game on your list and probably half of the top 100. The B/W games are awesome if you are a great player. Those got boring quickly because i am an average player at best. i started replacing them with Sterns and i wanted a really nice collection so i went with LE's. I really like the JJP pins as well.the collection of 11 pins i have in my main gameroom now are not going any where

Spiderman Black
    Kiss LE
    AC DC Back in Black
    Rob Zombie LE
    Metallica LE
    Iron Maiden LE
    WOZ LE
    Tron LE
    Dialed in CE
    LOTR LE
    Hobbit LE

#227 5 years ago
    Quoted from rvboarder:

I have owned every game on your list and probably half of the top 100. The B/W games are awesome if you are a great player. Those got boring quickly because i am an average player at best. i started replacing them with Sterns and i wanted a really nice collection so i went with LE's. I really like the JJP pins as well.the collection of 11 pins i have in my main gameroom now are not going any where
    Spiderman Black
    Kiss LE
    AC DC Back in Black
    Rob Zombie LE
    Metallica LE
    Iron Maiden LE
    WOZ LE
    Tron LE
    Dialed in CE
    LOTR LE
    Hobbit LE

Which do you prefer, LOTR or Hobbit? We love DI, but still haven’t fallen in love with Woz.

#228 5 years ago

I prefer LOTR LE over my Smaug . I grew up playing D&D and it just reminds me of those all night quests with my Paladin Ranger

WOZ was the girlfriends pick. I think they did a great job ,But i agree . i Like it , I don't love it

And then they came out with the damn Ruby Red ,which i think looks way better,but that's another story

#229 5 years ago

So did you buy anything yet?

#230 5 years ago

My collection is still up for sale at 100k. All the late model Sterns are LE except Metallica which is a premium.

#231 5 years ago

All done!
    Just kidding!

#232 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

My collection is still up for sale at 100k. All the late model Sterns are LE except Metallica which is a premium.

Are you trying to get out of the hobby?
    Why sell your whole collection?
    Or are you kidding?

#233 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Are you trying to get out of the hobby?
    Why sell your whole collection?
    Or are you kidding?

Idk, I would consider it......but wouldn’t get out of the hobby

#234 5 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

If you want all those games in 1 shot this is a very nice collection.
    Doing some fast math I got 96k worth of pins (including the MB) After finding and transporting all the games you want seperatly it would be over 100k.
    I would pull the trigger on this and find a TOM for TAF since you said you don’t like that one.

3504C903-E345-4ADD-9AF3-7D6A56AEFBEB (resized).png3504C903-E345-4ADD-9AF3-7D6A56AEFBEB (resized).png
    #235 5 years ago

Its cool, but i think im gonna stick to just getting each pin individually over time.

#236 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Its cool, but i think im gonna stick to just getting each pin individually over time.

Wise descision!
    Play alot, buy what you like on the way .. if you like them they stay, like uhh building a collection YOU like
    PS that are alot like’s

#238 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

Whew, thx. While tempting I’m glad they are staying here

#239 5 years ago
    Quoted from Monk:

Quoted the wrong post. Edited to show irobot post #46

So essentially you are saying buy the top 12 games from the Top 100 list as they have been ranked by hundreds of people.

Yes.

What is the point of the thread?

The guy asks what games HE should buy.

If you are trying to come up with a list of 12 games that some other person would enjoy the most, then your best chance would be to buy the 12 most popular games.

Statistically, that would give you the best odds of making him happy with his purchase.

If someone hired you to cater a kid's birthday party, the best odds of making the kid happy would be if you served chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream.

The fact that YOU personally like coffee ice cream and grandma's rum cake the best is irrelevant to making someone else happy.

These threads always end up with a bunch of people just basically listing their favorites. How is that useful?

Suppose a guy said to you, "Don't buy a TZ, ToM, or TAF, because they all SUCK!!" Is that useful advice? Nope! It's one data point from one guy who is confusing his personal preferences with the laws of reality.

#240 5 years ago

Also, the problem is further complicated by the fact that personal preferences of one person are very subjective.

I bought a TAF for myself and a CV for my wife.

At first I hated the CZ and she hated the TAF. Now I camp out on the CZ and she hasn't played anything but the TAF in about a year.

There's nothing about these games that can predict how much a certain person would enjoy playing them.

So therefore, the only useful predictor of an individual liking a certain game is the popularity of the game among the mass of pinball players.

#241 5 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Also, the problem is further complicated by the fact that personal preferences of one person are very subjective.
    I bought a TAF for myself and a CV for my wife.
    At first I hated the CZ and she hated the TAF. Now I camp out on the CZ and she hasn't played anything but the TAF in about a year.
    There's nothing about these games that can predict how much a certain person would enjoy playing them.
    So therefore, the only useful predictor of an individual liking a certain game is the popularity of the game among the mass of pinball players.

Valid points, but my main objective of the post was to present a list of games that i have played and really enjoyed... but i wanted input on games that maybe i have overlooked or never played.
    If there was an overwhelming response to a certain title of “you have to have blank game in your collection”, i would try to seek it out and put some time on it. Then i could make a decision on if it should replace one of the 12 that i had comprised on my original list.

#242 5 years ago

Have you decided on one game that you're definitely going to buy?

#243 5 years ago

Tom, tna, afm, mm

#244 5 years ago

What is your timeframe for buying these machines?

#245 5 years ago

If i dont get them by midnight ill turn into a pumpkin. Jk.
    No timeframe... prolly take my time finding what i want.

#246 5 years ago

Instead of limiting myself to 12, I think I'd go for about 125 nice EMs.

#247 5 years ago

Now ur talkin my language!

#248 5 years ago

Still tempted to let my babies go for the right price.......

#249 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Instead of limiting myself to 12, I think I'd go for about 125 nice EMs.

I was actually thinking of selling some EM's to free up enough cash to buy your Whoa Nellie.

#250 5 years ago

Why are people downvoting this thread?

If this man has put himself in a position to drop $100k on pins then good for him! Financial success takes hard work.

There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-100k-for-12-pins-which-pins-should-i-buy/page/5?hl=zennmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.