(Topic ID: 202161)

I hate to say it but "where's the code" JJP? #TheHobbit(updated,changes coming!)

By PanzerFreak

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the state of code for The Hobbit?”

• Yes 22 votes
    24%
  • No 71 votes
    76%

(93 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JJP_1 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Interesting. I normally do not even read these types of threads, but, this Op’s Comments early on,in Hobbit threads, helped convinced me to get a hobbit. He has been nothing but adamant in his support of JJP and this particular game. JJP would do well to listen to him

That was your first mistake. Buy a pin based on what you think, not some sycophant.

Secondly, its NOT Keith's fault that the layout and the "geometry" SUCKS.

This game is a full blown crapper by Balcer and I'm sure largely why he was let go. Code can't fix it.

Onward and upward, looking forward to POTC! Great new designer in Eric and Lawlor coming up next.

All that's left are a few people like Panzer and RH talking to each other, nobody else cares.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Iceman, I had a hunch it was you. I've had you on ignore for months and have had a much more pleasant Pinside browsing experience since then. I'm glad I briefly took you off ignore just to read this comment. I thought "maybe he's changed". Nope, as rude and insulting as ever.
Go check the Hobbit owners thread, heck this thread or the others about TH if you think no else cares. If no one cared the game wouldn't be on the line again over at JJP.

Like I said, TH sucks, you and RH can ponder it together.

Anybody that buys a Nib TH is a fool, easy to buy at a HUGE discount in the marketplace all day every day.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I really wanted to like Hobbit, but have to agree, the playfield sucks. Too wide, ramps too far back, no real satisfying shots. Drop target usage is neat but they're about the only redeeming feature.. just not finding it fun to shoot.

I dropped out of my fully paid pre order thankfully after that 2015 expo.

I agree about the drop targets, its different. But Keith could code this thing for the rest of his life and it can't change the layout!

Time to move on, JJP has 3 winners and 1 turd, that's not bad.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Wait! Didn't you shit all over DI?

Not at all. I hate the THEME myself but it doesn't discount the fact that other people love it, as in a LOT of other people. That speaks for itself and while I wouldn't ever buy it, I did buy WOZ and POTC.

So I see it as 3 out of 4 winners for JJP, just the facts.

And yes Solarvalue, its whiners like Panzer and RH that will bitch about code and toys all day long when the absolute LAST f ing thing anybody ought to be whining about is code that is gonna come out of Keith and crew from JJP.

Pathetic

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Anyone that bought a BM66 are the biggest fools in the hobby. Talk about TERRIBLE geometry and a TOTAL crapfest (not to mention the total ass-rape price of them)!
See, I can spout my opinion harshly too!
Look, TH isn’t a game for everyone and it definitely has its flaws but it’s highly ranked for good reason: it’s fun and immersive. I personally think AC/DC is a turd, but I don’t go wading into AC/DC threads to shit on it. Do everyone a favor and stay TFO of Hobbit threads, TROLL!

No problem, you are free to voice your opinion Pimp. You think BM66 blows, that's ok, I don't whine and cry about it, TH blows, that's it.

It's just an opinion, and I don't take it that seriously like you babies do. Wtf

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I just don't get it. Why do you have to go into ALL the hobbit threads and spew your negativity.
Use your time to positive things.
We get it, if you have ever read 1 hobbit thread we have seen your extreme negativity. Just. Move. On.

Have you seen any of the Stern threads? I don't hang out in TH threads because i just don't care much. But i am interested when the OP who isn't afraid to voice his negative opinions as if they are fact all over the place here. Along with RH, same thing. Bunch of hypocrites. Fanboy what they like and constantly critical against everything they don't. The facts and threads speak for themselves.

Since I am getting a POTCCE, JJP is relevant to me again.

Again, its just my opinion. Just ignore it if you don't like it.

And for proper context of my own comment towards him I see the previous RH comment about me was totally deleted where he called me a "moron" and "creep" and "i was wrong about everything in life". What a nice guy.

If that's true from his perspective, then I don't ever want to be right about anything!

So carry on about complaining to JJP and Keith about TH code, I've said what I've said here as my opinion and I'm done, unless of course i get personal attacks again for merely stating my opinion.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I am wondering how you have decided to be so pro POTC at this point. I admit the theme is intriguing and based on my Hobbit experience it will be built very well. Watching the play on you tube , I do not believe it looks that great from a shot perspective. You nor any one has played the game so how can anyone be so sure it is a winner at this time.

Since you asked,

1) I have been involved with JJP from day one. A LONG journey that took me all the way through a pre paid TH up to Expo 2015. I dropped out then because of the delays and the artwork and other pins came up during that time period. And substantial changes were made thereafter which I liked but still didn't change my mind. I moved on to other games.

2) As i have repeated ad nauseum for years, the last thing anybody has to worry about with JJP is "code", certainly completion of it with Keith and team. The problem imo with TH is the layout as JG says has been beaten to death in many other threads.

3) I thought Joe was let go back then due to the financial struggles that JJP was having and wanting to go in a different direction because people weren't excited by TH layout. I was told he gave "notice" and actually resigned, so whatever the case, he's at AP now and good luck to him.

4) Pat Lawlor came in and finished up TH design, I supposed it was too late totally revamp it.

5) I own a Balcer designed Woz which i love, and I personally LOATHE the theme of DI so i didn't get it despite being a Lawlor fan.

6) From what i have seen, I really like the POTC design, features and theme, so I bought one. And i have no doubt about how the code will go, just like with Lyman. Nobody said it was a guarantee to be great. But I like it, period.

7) You got to buy TH at a discount because of most people's opinion of it. And they continue to hit the market, steeply discounted. If you like it, that's all that matters

Finally, for myself, it came down to the delays and the layout primarily and now complaining about finishing code to a guy like Keith seems somewhat hilarious to me, especially coming from the OP.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-hate-to-say-it-but-wheres-the-code-jjp-thehobbit?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.