(Topic ID: 202161)

I hate to say it but "where's the code" JJP? #TheHobbit(updated,changes coming!)

By PanzerFreak

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the state of code for The Hobbit?”

• Yes 22 votes
    24%
  • No 71 votes
    76%

(93 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JJP_1 (resized).JPG
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

First off I'm a huge JJP fan and own both a WOZ and TH. Code support for WOZ has been absolutely stellar. When WOZ was released code updates were released frequently and updates to polish the game continue to be released. The incredible code support from JJP for WOZ helped make the game a masterpiece. Also, a final wizard mode for WOZ was coded into the game by the end of its first year.

Fast forward to The Hobbit. A game with 31 unique modes, several multiball modes, and 3 Arkenstone mini wizard modes, all with excellent use of licensed assets and great music / audio queues. Code updates for TH in 2016 were released regularly up until a few months before Expo 2016. At Expo 2016 Jack said that a final code update for TH would be released. This came across as rather alarming as the game certainly didn't feel complete. Thankfully another update came this year.

This past June a 2.0 update was released for TH and JJP made a statement about code over on the JJP forums. I won't post it here but owners were told that more updates would be released as time permits. This is concerning as the game still doesn't have a final wizard mode coming up on nearly 2 years after its release...again WOZ had it's wizard mode in the game by the end of its first year. The other ideas that JJP mentioned for TH sound cool but again it's unclear when, if ever, they will be implemented.

Also, there's now a thread with over 100 posts on the JJP Google group (a lot for that group) about the state of Hobbit code and how a good number of owners feel that the game is being neglected due to the development of other games. So far JJP has not replied to the thread to provide an update about Hobbit code development. The thread was started a month ago.

I've been critical of Stern in the past in regards to code support and it wouldn't be fair of me to sweep similar code concerns for JJP games under the rug. I would still say code support for TH has been better then nearly every Stern game but it just doesn't seem to have been given the same level of attention as WOZ.

Just like considering purchasing another Stern game I won't consider buying another JJP title until code for TH is completed, polished and hopefully at least some of the suggestions from the community are implemented. Many of us spent $7500-$9500 on the game and deserve to see it completed in a reasonable time.

At this years Expo JJP said that they are committed to games that hold their value. Well, the current state of code for TH has impacted its value in a negative way. We've seen how excellent code support can positively affect a games value, examples include Star Trek, Metallica and WOZ. All 3 of those games went down a bit in value before it's code was completed / polished.

What are the main concerns amongst owners?

1. The lack of a final mode
2. Lack of cohesion and a reward system for beating multiple book modes.
3. Same qualifiers for all 3 Arkenstone modes, becomes repetitive for each Arkenstone mode attempt
4. The desire for more Smaug and Gandalf voice actor callouts if they exist and are just not in the game yet
5. Ability to turn off multiballs for book modes, too many multiballs
6. There's 31 book modes but only 3 need to be completed to reach the 3 Arkenstone modes (1 for each). Need more incentive to play through the other 28.

#2 6 years ago

I'd like to see the flashing light effects they added to the attract mode removed, or at least give us the option to turn them off.

#3 6 years ago

I would like to see an equivalent of victory laps for beating modes, less chaos with multiballs running into each other and beasts constantly popping up, and a wizard mode at the end.

I’m not as upset as others seem to be, but I think there is more that should be done. Having an unfinished game isn’t really acceptable given what these cost. i went through avengers and X-men code, which was much worse, and didn’t come back to stern until twd, AC/DC and met had what I felt were finished code.

The number of posts on the jjp forum isn’t that relevant, unique posters is much smaller.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I would like to see an equivalent of victory laps for beating modes, less chaos with multiballs running into each other and beasts constantly popping up, and a wizard mode at the end.
I’m not as upset as others seem to be, but I think there is more that should be done. Having an unfinished game isn’t really acceptable given what these cost. i went through avengers and X-men code, which was much worse, and didn’t come back to stern until twd, AC/DC and met had what I felt were finished code.
The number of posts on the jjp forum isn’t that relevant, unique posters is much smaller.

You get victory laps when you beat battle of the 5 armies, and (I think?) when you beat Smaug

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You get victory laps when you beat battle of the 5 armies, and (I think?) when you beat Smaug

I think he's referring to the games 31 book modes. When those end you do get a nice audio queue signaling that you have completed it.

To expand a bit on my original post.

There's a tremendous amount of rules, audio, and animation work in The Hobbit, probably more then another game. It's bringing it all together that owners would like to see changed / expanded a bit.

It would be cool to have a reward system in place for beating the sets of man, elf and dwarf modes as well as counts of modes (5, 10, 15, 20). With only having to complete 3 of 31 book modes the game currently lacks providing a rewarding feeling for playing through multiple book modes.

#6 6 years ago

I do not own a single JJP game, so I have limited knowledge of the current state of code. I just wanted to say this was a very well thought out post and did not come across as "bashing" in any way, just a "where is the code you personally promised" statement. Thanks PanzerFreak for not falling into the hater mentality that a lot of us seem to join in regards to Stern.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think he's referring to the games 31 book modes. When those end you do get a nice audio queue signaling that you have completed it.
To expand a bit on my original post.
There's a tremendous amount of rules, audio, and animation work in The Hobbit, probably more then another game. It's bringing it all together that owners would like to see changed / expanded a bit.
It would be cool to have a reward system in place for beating the sets of man, elf and dwarf modes as well as counts of modes (5, 10, 15, 20). With only having to complete 3 of 31 book modes the game currently lacks providing a rewarding feeling for playing through multiple book modes.

I really do expect The Hobbit to get another good update soon'ish'. I think they put all their efforts into DI and Pirates over the last 6 months. I'll bet TH gets some love and it will improve the gameplay and polish a good amount (as much as code can)

EDIT: I don't think it will bring those that don't like it to a like it position. But I think it will make the game more fun and challenging.

#8 6 years ago

I think it would be cool to buy a game that has a finished code! Hmmmm Imagine that...

#9 6 years ago

I, the undersigned, hereby declare that I will not buy a new pinball machines with incomplete code.

And if I mention my intention to do so, my good friends have the right to kick me in the balls.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

First off I'm a huge JJP fan and own both a WOZ and TH. Code support for WOZ has been absolutely stellar. When WOZ was released code updates were released frequently and updates to polish the game continue to be released. The incredible code support from JJP for WOZ helped make the game a masterpiece. Also, a final wizard mode for WOZ was coded into the game by the end of its first year.
Fast forward to The Hobbit. A game with 31 unique modes, several multiball modes, and 3 Arkenstone mini wizard modes, all with excellent use of licensed assets and great music / audio queues. Code updates for TH in 2016 were released regularly up until a few months before Expo 2016. At Expo 2016 Jack said that a final code update for TH would be released. This came across as rather alarming as the game certainly didn't feel complete. Thankfully another update came this year.
This past June a 2.0 update was released for TH and JJP made a statement about code over on the JJP forums. I won't post it here but owners were told that more updates would be released as time permits. This is concerning as the game still doesn't have a final wizard mode coming up on nearly 2 years after its release...again WOZ had it's wizard mode in the game by the end of its first year. The other ideas that JJP mentioned for TH sound cool but again it's unclear when, if ever, they will be implemented.
Also, there's now a thread with over 100 posts on the JJP Google group (a lot for that group) about the state of Hobbit code and how a good number of owners feel that the game is being neglected due to the development of other games. So far JJP has not replied to the thread to provide an update about Hobbit code development. The thread was started a month ago.
I've been critical of Stern in the past in regards to code support and it wouldn't be fair of me to sweep similar code concerns for JJP games under the rug. I would still say code support for TH has been better then nearly every Stern game but it just doesn't seem to have been given the same level of attention as WOZ.
Just like considering purchasing another Stern game I won't consider buying another JJP title until code for TH is completed, polished and hopefully at least some of the suggestions from the community are implemented. Many of us spent $7500-$9500 on the game and deserve to see it completed in a reasonable time.
At this years Expo JJP said that they are committed to games that hold their value. Well, the current state of code for TH has impacted its value in a negative way. We've seen how excellent code support can positively affect a games value, examples include Star Trek, Metallica and WOZ. All 3 of those games went down a bit in value before it's code was completed / polished.
What are the main concerns amongst owners?
1. The lack of a final mode
2. Lack of cohesion and a reward system for beating multiple book modes.
3. Same qualifiers for all 3 Arkenstone modes, becomes repetitive for each Arkenstone mode attempt
4. The desire for more Smaug and Gandalf voice actor callouts if they exist and are just not in the game yet
5. Ability to turn off multiballs for book modes, too many multiballs
6. There's 31 book modes but only 3 need to be completed to reach the 3 Arkenstone modes (1 for each). Need more incentive to play through the other 28.

Due to the unpopularity of the machine JJP realizes they will effectively piss off very few people by not updating, thus the lack of code.

#11 6 years ago

Seriously? Game is already complete. Any updates would be polish and/or revisions. EVERYONE knows that JJP is going to have everyone working to get Pirates fully coded so it can ship first quarter, as promised. I don't think a legitimate "where's the code" complaint can really be made until at the earliest summer 2018 after Pirates has been out for a while. This is nothing at all like what BM66 or Kiss people are going through. All this thread is going to do is become another TH sucks thread.

#12 6 years ago

I thought that all JJP games shipped with complete code?

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from tomtest:

Due to the unpopularity of the machine JJP realizes they will effectively piss off very few people by not updating, thus the lack of code.

JJP has the Hobbit back on the line again. Unpopular games don't continue to get made as we've seen in the past and certainty not games where another edition, Black Arrow in the case of TH, is created.

#14 6 years ago

Interesting. I normally do not even read these types of threads, but, this Op’s Comments early on,in Hobbit threads, helped convinced me to get a hobbit. He has been nothing but adamant in his support of JJP and this particular game. JJP would do well to listen to him.

I would like the ability to cut back on some of the multi ball stacking.
In addition I would like to see some rewards for starting and or finishing certain modes. I agree there needs to be more rewards for attempting modes
Some more call outs from Smaug as well as helping call outs to where to shoot the ball.

I like the game very much. I do not know if I will ever see the final wizard mode ,but, the code issue has hurt the value of this game in the resale market. If JJP want to sell games for close to 10K they need to continue improving code updates on there games. Resale values will stay up as a result which makes for happier NIB buyers.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Interesting. I normally do not even read these types of threads, but, this Op’s Comments early on,in Hobbit threads, helped convinced me to get a hobbit. He has been nothing but adamant in his support of JJP and this particular game. JJP would do well to listen to him.
I would like the ability to cut back on some of the multi ball stacking.
In addition I would like to see some rewards for starting and or finishing certain modes. I agree there needs to be more rewards for attempting modes
Some more call outs from Smaug as well as helping call outs to where to shoot the ball.
I like the game very much. I do not know if I will ever see the final wizard mode ,but, the code issue has hurt the value of this game in the resale market. If JJP want to sell games for close to 10K they need to continue proving code updates on there games. Resale values will stay up as a result which makes for happier NIB buyers.

Thank you for the kind words. Great suggestions! Some more callouts from Smaug would be great to hear in the game. The Smaug toy is pretty cool and there appears to be more speech from the character that isn't in the game.

I've always been surprised that no Smaug lines from one of the best scenes in the entire trilogy isn't in the game, the scene where Smaug calls Bilbo "Barrel Rider".

"Do you think flattery will keep you alive". "You seem familiar" (could be used at game start with Smaug toy), "Who are you and where do you come from" (same as last). All of those are from Smaug and should be in the game.

#16 6 years ago

The code is great already, but it does need a few fixes one thing bugs me is how the music stops when you get a replay and it says free game.

All the above sounds great as well.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thank you for the kind words. Great suggestions! Some more callouts from Smaug would be great to hear in the game. The Smaug toy is pretty cool and there appears to be more speech from the character that isn't in the game.
I've always been surprised that no Smaug lines from one of the best scenes in the entire trilogy isn't in the game, the scene where Smaug calls Bilbo "Barrel Rider".
"Do you think flattery will keep you alive". "You seem familiar" (could be used at game start with Smaug toy), "Who are you and where do you come from" (same as last). All of those are from Smaug and should be in the game.
» YouTube video

Great OP post summary and suggestions above...share the same desire and hope we see the progress!

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Seriously? Game is already complete. Any updates would be polish and/or revisions. EVERYONE knows that JJP is going to have everyone working to get Pirates fully coded so it can ship first quarter, as promised. I don't think a legitimate "where's the code" complaint can really be made until at the earliest summer 2018 after Pirates has been out for a while. This is nothing at all like what BM66 or Kiss people are going through. All this thread is going to do is become another TH sucks thread.

KISS is more polished than The Hobbit, so that comparison doesn't even count.

The biggest problem with The Hobbit is the physical design is just boring. They can dress the software up with 30+ same-y modes, but it's just a grind, and very same-y, and not that fun. Plus a little stacking is nice, but the stacking in TH is so extreme it's hard to tell where you're at sometimes. I was not sorry to see it go, which is a shame since it's so beautiful to look at. Unfortunately, it's a mess to play, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

KISS is more polished than The Hobbit, so that comparison doesn't even count.
The biggest problem with The Hobbit is the physical design is just boring. They can dress the software up with 30+ same-y modes, but it's just a grind, and very same-y, and not that fun. Plus a little stacking is nice, but the stacking in TH is so extreme it's hard to tell where you're at sometimes. I was not sorry to see it go, which is a shame since it's so beautiful to look at. Unfortunately, it's a mess to play, and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Wow. Well, others can say the opposite and after owning the game for over a year now I can say that all of the 31 book modes are unique and play differently. Also, I don't understand the swipe at the games design. It's open but then all of a sudden isn't, there's a lot to shoot for and there all multiple features on the playfield that move the ball around. That's just my opinion.

I hear ya on the extreme stacking in The Hobbit. I much rather play a more fleshed out Beast Frenzy and Feast Frenzy mode on their own then the versions that are in the game today plus then stacked with Smaug MB and a book mode. Like you said the stacking can become extreme. Same goes for too many multiballs during the book modes. An option to turn off multiballs in book modes would be nice to have in the game.

I've never seen the amount of variety put into a games modes before as those in TH. That isn't the issue though that a lot of owners are talking about. The core of the game is fine but its lacking polish in terms of the game offering a cohesive, rewarding and complete playing experience. The game has a ton of content in it, probably more then any other modern pin out there today, but it needs to be brought together in a more interesting as well as rewarding way.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The game has a ton of content in it, probably more then any other modern pin out there today, but it needs to be brought together in a more interesting as well as rewarding way.

This is the key problem. It's a huge buffet presented in an unappetizing way. Until or unless they can get some order to the modes that makes it FUN and easy to understand WITHOUT LOOKING UP AT THE SCREEN in the middle of play, it will remain a dud.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This is the key problem. It's a huge buffet presented in an unappetizing way. Until or unless they can get some order to the modes that makes it FUN and easy to understand WITHOUT LOOKING UP AT THE SCREEN in the middle of play, it will remain a dud.

I would call TH anything but a dud. The modes themselves are very well done. Also, the mini LCD clearly shows what to hit next. Very straight forward.

Also, if players had to play 31 modes in a certain order there would be a lot of backlash. Book modes can be played in any order and changed by hitting the left ramp. Hitting the left ramp changes the pages on the mini LCD, each page represent a book mode.

This thread isn't intended to bash the game but rather discuss the need for code development.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Seriously? Game is already complete. Any updates would be polish and/or revisions.

Nope, code is not complete. There is no final wizard mode.

Granted, I'll probably never see the final wizard mode, but it's not there as of code version 2.0. In the Google Group thread, there are many very good suggestions on how to polish the code and make it better. I certainly feel like TH has been placed, at best, on the back burner with regards to code support.

I do love the game - work of art, fun, etc. Hoping that JJP will listen a little to what existing customers have said and look towards getting out some additional code updates to provide that polish, revision and the final wizard mode.

And, whether it's rational or not, I won't buy another NIB JJP game until TH gets some attention. Can't spend that much on a new game when the one I already have is not complete and requires polish & some revision. Believe me - I would probably buy JJPOTC right now if TH was totally done!

Another frustrating aspect of all the TH code talk - radio silence from JJP. One employee has been in the thread and said he thinks there is going to be additional code support, but nothing official from Jack himself or Keith since June. Does not bode well in my opinion if JJP will not address the current customer base, in light of still building Black Arrows.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from dtowndobe:

Nope, code is not complete. There is no final wizard mode.
Granted, I'll probably never see the final wizard mode, but it's not there as of code version 2.0. In the Google Group thread, there are many very good suggestions on how to polish the code and make it better. I certainly feel like TH has been placed, at best, on the back burner with regards to code support.
I do love the game - work of art, fun, etc. Hoping that JJP will listen a little to what existing customers have said and look towards getting out some additional code updates to provide that polish, revision and the final wizard mode.
And, whether it's rational or not, I won't buy another NIB JJP game until TH gets some attention. Can't spend that much on a new game when the one I already have is not complete and requires polish & some revision. Believe me - I would probably buy JJPOTC right now if TH was totally done!
Another frustrating aspect of all the TH code talk - radio silence from JJP. One employee has been in the thread and said he thinks there is going to be additional code support, but nothing official from Jack himself or Keith since June. Does not bode well in my opinion if JJP will not address the current customer base, in light of still building Black Arrows.

I agree with you 100% and feel the same way. I won't be buying a JJP POTC until code for TH is polished with a final wizard mode.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I thought that all JJP games shipped with complete code?

When compared to recent Stern machines

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I also disagree with the dud comment. The game also gives you directions with the play field insert colors and flashing. I have learned how to use those keys better and besides the screen tell you what to do.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Until or unless they can get some order to the modes that makes it FUN and easy to understand WITHOUT LOOKING UP AT THE SCREEN in the middle of play, it will remain a dud.

It's really easy & been explained tons in the threads where you bash. If you can't figure out the modes by looking at the playfield, you're being willfully ignorant.

-The Book ALWAYS tells you what to do in the mode you're in.
-ORANGE SHOTS are always your mode shots, with occasional blue shots that "unlock" orange shots.

SIMPLE.

#27 6 years ago

Panzer's suggestions are good, I just want a code update that fixes the beast lighting bug that was introduced in the last code. The beasts always had a great flashing effect under them when they popped up. Now, that's mostly gone if a mode or multiball is running when the beasts pop up.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Panzer's suggestions are good, I just want a code update that fixes the beast lighting bug that was introduced in the last code. The beasts always had a great flashing effect under them when they popped up. Now, that's mostly gone if a mode or multiball is running when the beasts pop up.

I wonder if Keith turned that off in a mode or multiball so it wouldn't confuse players? I think Keith is going add a few more gems in the game and a final wizard mode (or two)

But yeah, good game for sure.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I wonder if Keith turned that off in a mode or multiball so it won't confuse players? I think Keith is going add a few more gems int the game and a final wizard mode (or two)
But yeah, good game for sure.

No, it's a confirmed bug. Cuz also one of the beasts lights will stay lit, even when it's down.

#30 6 years ago

Keith just posted that there will be another update but it will be after the JJPOTC comes out.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Keith just posted that there will be another update but it will be after the JJPOTC comes out.

Yes, so hopefully people can now put this to rest. This is clearly not stern we are dealing with, it’s a small company with small resources.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

So Q1 2018? That's still 6 months off.

#33 6 years ago

Just read the comment from Keith. Glad to hear that another Hobbit code update is coming, not just as time permits (I felt that was a concern from a previous statement), and a timeline for it (after POTC is released).

Like others I would of course like to see an update sooner but I can understand that they have to put time into getting POTC ready for release.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just read the comment from Keith. Glad to hear that another Hobbit code update is coming, not just as time permits (I felt that was a concern from a previous statement), and a timeline for it (after POTC is released).
Like others I would of course like to see an update sooner but I can understand that they have to put time into getting POTC ready for release.

I trust Keith but that timeline is a bummer. I understand the time it takes for a big content update, but I wish he could release a small update with the Beast lighting bug fix.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I trust Keith but that timeline is a bummer. I understand the time it takes for a big content update, but I wish he could release a small update with the Beast lighting bug fix.

I hear ya there. It still is frustrating as that's a long way out (6 months at least by the time its released) and The Hobbit will have been out for over 2 years at that point. It's clear that the development of other games have impacted code support for TH. I was expecting TH to get the same amount of code attention for the first couple of years like WOZ but that was a different time as just the one game was being developed initially.

However, with that being said there's a ton in the game today, it's good to hear that JJP is listening to our concerns, and it's great knowing that another update is for sure coming.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Interesting. I normally do not even read these types of threads, but, this Op’s Comments early on,in Hobbit threads, helped convinced me to get a hobbit. He has been nothing but adamant in his support of JJP and this particular game. JJP would do well to listen to him

That was your first mistake. Buy a pin based on what you think, not some sycophant.

Secondly, its NOT Keith's fault that the layout and the "geometry" SUCKS.

This game is a full blown crapper by Balcer and I'm sure largely why he was let go. Code can't fix it.

Onward and upward, looking forward to POTC! Great new designer in Eric and Lawlor coming up next.

All that's left are a few people like Panzer and RH talking to each other, nobody else cares.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That was your first mistake. Buy a pin based on what you think, not some .
This game is a full blown crapper by Balcer and I'm sure largely why he was let go. Code can't fix it.
Onward and upward, looking forward to POTC! Great new designer in Eric and Lawlor coming up next.
All that's left are a few people like Panzer and RH talking to each other, nobody else cares.

Iceman, I had a hunch it was you. I've had you on ignore for months and have had a much more pleasant Pinside browsing experience since then. I'm glad I briefly took you off ignore just to read this comment. I thought "maybe he's changed". Nope, as rude and insulting as ever.

Go check the Hobbit owners thread, heck this thread or the others about TH if you think no else cares. If no one cared the game wouldn't be on the line again over at JJP.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Iceman, I had a hunch it was you. I've had you on ignore for months and have had a much more pleasant Pinside browsing experience since then. I'm glad I briefly took you off ignore just to read this comment. I thought "maybe he's changed". Nope, as rude and insulting as ever.
Go check the Hobbit owners thread, heck this thread or the others about TH if you think no else cares. If no one cared the game wouldn't be on the line again over at JJP.

Like I said, TH sucks, you and RH can ponder it together.

Anybody that buys a Nib TH is a fool, easy to buy at a HUGE discount in the marketplace all day every day.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like I said, TH sucks, you and RH can ponder it together.
Anybody that buys a Nib TH is a fool, easy to buy at a HUGE discount in the marketplace all day every day.

Is the wait for Batman 66 code really that bad that you have to come in here and troll people with your time? lol

This thread is discuss Hobbit code concerns, not to troll others.

Back to ignore

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I really wanted to like Hobbit, but have to agree, the playfield sucks. Too wide, ramps too far back, no real satisfying shots. Drop target usage is neat but they're about the only redeeming feature.. just not finding it fun to shoot.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I really wanted to like Hobbit, but have to agree, the playfield sucks. Too wide, ramps too far back, no real satisfying shots. Drop target usage is neat but they're about the only redeeming feature.. just not finding it fun to shoot.

I dropped out of my fully paid pre order thankfully after that 2015 expo.

I agree about the drop targets, its different. But Keith could code this thing for the rest of his life and it can't change the layout!

Time to move on, JJP has 3 winners and 1 turd, that's not bad.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Time to move on, JJP has 3 winners and 1 turd, that's not bad.

Wait! Didn't you shit all over DI?

#43 6 years ago

I can't imagine what it's like for Keith to read threads like this. Guy puts 30 modes in a game and people still complain. He has already put an incredible amount of effort into the game. I'm sure when he gets the chance to revisit it he will polish it up nicely.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Wait! Didn't you shit all over DI?

Not at all. I hate the THEME myself but it doesn't discount the fact that other people love it, as in a LOT of other people. That speaks for itself and while I wouldn't ever buy it, I did buy WOZ and POTC.

So I see it as 3 out of 4 winners for JJP, just the facts.

And yes Solarvalue, its whiners like Panzer and RH that will bitch about code and toys all day long when the absolute LAST f ing thing anybody ought to be whining about is code that is gonna come out of Keith and crew from JJP.

Pathetic

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I can't imagine what it's like for Keith to read threads like this. Guy puts 30 modes in a game and people still complain. He has already put an incredible amount of effort into the game. I'm sure when he gets the chance to revisit it he will polish it up nicely.

The concerns are not about the number of book modes. I said "A game with 31 unique modes, several multiball modes, and 3 Arkenstone mini wizard modes, all with excellent use of licensed assets and great music / audio queues" in my original post and that the game is bursting with content. Keith has put an incredible amount of work into the game, as have others such as David Thiel and JP. Please read the original post.

#46 6 years ago

Calm down folks, new hobbit code after potc launch. Nothing to see here. Move along

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Calm down folks, new hobbit code after potc launch. Nothing to see here. Move along

Yup It's good news. I think posting concerns here and on the Google Group have been helpful as its a way to provide feedback to JJP in a positive way (well, minus Icemans trolling, lol).

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup It's good news. I think posting concerns here and on the Google Group have been helpful as its a way to provide feedback to JJP in a positive way (well, minus Icemans trolling, lol).

I don't mind iceman at all. His hate for hobbit is kind of funny, and I get a good laugh out of his posts.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I don't mind iceman at all. His hate for hobbit is kind of funny, and I get a good laugh out of his posts.

I don't mind most of his posts either, its the personal attacks / name calling that are rude.

#50 6 years ago

I know jjp is fully aware of PanzerFreaks concerns.
It was discused at expo with who's who. I was there and the distributor from Michigan. They mentioned Panzerfreak.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-hate-to-say-it-but-wheres-the-code-jjp-thehobbit?hl=tryton1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.