(Topic ID: 188971)

I Hate Flippers

By oldschoolbob

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldschoolbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I'm still working on the Stern Meteor. Just need to replace the knocker transistor and everything will be done. Yesterday I thought I'd play a few games to be sure everything is working but midway through the second game the left flipper stopped working. I got 46 volts on both sides of the flipper coil - into and out of the driver board and 46 volts at the flipper switch. If I jumper anywhere to ground the flipper don't fire. I'm thinking the coil is gone. I don't have a replacement so I have to order one.

Anyone have any other ideas what could be wrong besides the coil?

Thanks

Bob

#4 6 years ago

Thanks LTG, I thought about swapping the coils but that means I gotta remove and install both flippers - and I hate working on flippers.

Thanks doo, I'm pretty sure the EOS is good - I replaced them a couple of weeks ago. I'll check resistance tomorrow then I'll jumper the EOS.

Seems I spent more time working on flippers than I have on the electronics.

Bob

#6 6 years ago

To check the resistance I put a popsicle stick in the EOS - 3.4 ohms and 312 ohms. (seems good) I pulled out the stick and tried the flippers. They work. I cleaned the EOS switch and lowered the playfield - played a few games and all is good.

Thanks doo, if I wouldn't have checked for resistance I wouldn't have found the dirty EOS. Afterall it's new.

Thanks

Bob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Machine - For Sale
Kettering, OH
$ 69.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 199.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 169.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldschoolbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-hate-flippers?tu=oldschoolbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.