7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pmWolf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I had an awful dream, and I think I can identify the spark that caused it. Shortly before bed, I played a few games right around the room, and thought to myself that it's about time to do a thorough cleaning in all my games, I'm starting to get little dirt tracks in my inlanes.

Fast forward to the middle of the night when I had a dream that I suddenly noticed my NF playfield was worn down to mostly wood, and the few bits of artwork left were very worn and flaky and falling off. And then I went machine to machine and found the same thing, every playfield was completely trashed.

It was awful. Why couldn't I just have a normal nightmare with shadowy assassins, or tornadoes, or sharknadoes, or something? :p

#2 7 years ago

I personally never understood the fascination with having perfectly clean and undamaged playfield's. No charm or character in a brand new anything.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I personally never understood the fascination with having perfectly clean and undamaged playfield's. No charm or character in a brand new anything.

I totally understand the character part of older machines. It tells the life it has led.
    But I think today when we are spending $4k - $10k a machine, I think that's a different story.
    You go to some arcades that have done zero maintenance to their machines and the playfield is black, the flippers are broke and rubber is flaking off.
    There is a Star Wars Trilogy at Salisbury beach that's begging to either be put out of its misery or bought by someone who will take care of it. Unfortunately the arcade owner thinks because its a Star Wars pin, its worth tons of money so he wont part with it.

#4 7 years ago

What is this "bed" think you speak of???

I'm so freaking tired....

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

You go to some arcades that have done zero maintenance to their machines and the playfield is black

It's an extra layer of protection!

I actually like getting games like this. They clean up so nicely, and the difference is quite dramatic. There's never really any playfileld damage or wear on those routed newer Stern's...it's just black grime from those rubbers.

Pete

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

It's an extra layer of protection!
    I actually like getting games like this. They clean up so nicely, and the difference is quite dramatic. There's never really any playfileld damage or wear on those routed newer Stern's...it's just black grime from those rubbers.
    Pete

LOL

Now that's making Lemonade when life gives you lemons!

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

LOL
    Now that's making Lemonade when life gives you lemons!

I've been told that I'm annoyingly optimistic.

...usually by the other moderators.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-had-a-terrible-dream-last-night and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.