(Topic ID: 260327)

I had a bad accident and need a little help. I hate to ask.

By hailrazer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 326 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200301_082857 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2021 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2020 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2018 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151401 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151302 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151124 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151058 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151044 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151052 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151010 (resized).jpg
    20200204_134641 (resized).jpg
    20200204_140753 (resized).jpg
    20200124_131832 (resized).jpg
    20200124_131827 (resized).jpg
    oliver_twist-more (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 4 years ago

What I "love" about people these days is everyone has something to say until they need a hand then the world is coming to an end. This guy already has had a few friends post here saying what a good guy he is - etc. Why doubt what he is saying? If you don't want to help him out just move on!

My take on this is the church should have insurance to cover this and in time the logical thing to do would be to talk to the right people and get that worked out. But even if the church does have insurance there will still be plenty of bills that need to be paid while he is out of work. So if you can why not help him out until he gets back on his feet?

If you don't feel the need to help just move on but don't accuse the OP of lying or trying to BS people when he is down on his luck. Bad shit happens to all of us at some point in life and typically it happens at the worst possible time. So put yourself into his shoes before giving him a bunch of shit here.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

You should lean heavily on the church for this before the internet.

What people here don't seem to realize is bills keep coming in and getting a settlement takes time. Even if OP can get money from the insurance company and or the church it doesn't happen overnight. Back when I was in my 30's I had an accident working at my landscaping company. I was covered under workman's comp and carried a private disability insurance also. We were a fairly new company & I had all my assets tied up in the business. I came very close to having my house foreclosed on while I was waiting for money from my insurances. We made it though but it was tough.

Long term I am sure everything will work out fine for OP but that process could takes months (or longer). So in my eyes this guy needs a little help now not 6 months from now after the dust settles. For those of you living day to day who depend on this weeks paycheck to pay your bills that are coming due I am sure you understand. Sadly the guys with plenty of money in the bank are the ones that don't get it.

Is this the "right place" to ask for help. I think it is because we are suppose to be a community & communities support their members. But again there are a good many people in this community that only care about themselves and not helping others. You guys that can afford to keep buying $10,000+ machines and expensive mods can surely spare a few dollars to help another member of this community. Yet I would bet 90% of the people helping here are the same guys happy to have a few cheaper machines in their collection.

In any event regardless of what you have to say here bumping this post will help the OP get the money he needs by keeping this post on page one. So keep the post coming but remember one day you might be "down on your luck" so keep at least keep the comments positive.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from hailrazer:

Once again I want to thank everyone that has donated. I appreciate the prayers and advice. I am not trying to take advantage of anyone and as promised if this gets paid for in the future I will return everyones donations. I would never try to profit from this.
    Thanks guys!

There will be no "profit" from this regardless of what settlement you might get from an insurance company. Your life will never be the same again! Not being able to work for at least a few months isn't going to be cheap. Once you can return to work you will not be as productive as you were before you hurt yourself. What ever money is raised should be used to help you through a tough time. Once you are better if you have excess funds "pay it forward" instead of worrying about it. People who help you out here are likely to be the same people who have gotten help through tough times in the past. They are "paying it forward" to you. Once the dust settles you will be able to do the same for others.

Our family has been through several "rough patches" over the years. Things will get better & in the end you will be a better person. Every "bad event" that has happened to us over the years has made us stronger and more aware of how quickly things can change.

NEVER take a good day for granted - enjoy every day like it might be your last! None of us know what might be in our future so while we are on this earth all we can do is our best to enjoy life & help as many people as possible along the way. It isn't people with the biggest bank accounts that have had a good life. It is the people who have shared what they have that are truly rich.

Take care of yourself & don't "worry" too much about anything. All will work out in the end. This is not a setback it is a growing experience that will make you an even better person in the end. Don't feel like you are asking for charity asking for a little help during a rough time. All you are asking for is a hand up NOT a hand out.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

How are you typing? LOL .

He has lots of free time right now so holding a pencil with your teeth and hitting one key at a time is likely his method.

I would say someone in the family is likely doing the typing right now. I kind of doubt those big fingers he was wearing right now are much good for anything. Trying to go to the bathroom must be a lot of fun!

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

Shh.... we already pay 33% give or take at federal level without health care... while local and sales taxes add on... then insurance easily goes over 10% of the remainder, but you know USA or whatever so that's better!

What people don't realize here in the US is about 60% of your income goes to taxes already. You pay federal tax, state tax, local tax, sales tax (in most states), tax on your fuel (called road tax added to the price of fuel for your vehicles), tax on your cell phone bill & electric bill, etc. And if you are self employed you also get to pay your own SS tax typically half paid by your employer. The last thing we need is higher taxes and more government control over our lives!

This is not a political comment - this is the facts of life in our great country. Regardless of who you want to see win the up coming election I really don't think many people think more taxes is the answer.

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from palmab03:

The pics of the game room from a few years ago on pinside does look like the same room on the Zillow listing.
    That doesn’t mean people can’t get in over their heads, and far too many of us can be house poor and not be liquid to handle being 6 months without work. The price history does show the listing dropped by $60k recently.

Exactly what I was thinking. Even if this is the guys house it can get foreclosed on just as quickly as a trailer in a trailer park if he gets behind with his bills. There is always more to a story then meets the eye. But logic tells me if this guy is well off and didn't need some help right now he wouldn't waste his time with a scam for $15,000.

Long term wealth and short term financial needs are two very different things. If he was living "on the edge" until house was sold he could be in serious short term trouble right now. I am sure he will comment again and explain more. He has been doing that all along so I don't think this really changes anything in my eyes at this point.

#191 4 years ago
    Quoted from hailrazer:

I truly understand. I am sitting here with tears running down my face telling my family I should have never asked for help. I wish now I wouldn't have. I have never done a single person wrong or hurt a soul. I'm sorry I have caused problems here on Pinside. I just was hoping for a little help. I hate sitting still and not working and not helping people.

Don't let a handful of "A-Holes" upset you. I looked at a couple of peoples collections that have been giving you a hard time here and they could buy a house with the money from machines they have sitting in their collections. Some people have never been "down on their luck" without a good way out. I have experienced that a couple times in my life and fully understand where you are coming from.

Stay positive and don't worry about the hand full of "haters". Those people have nothing better to do then to give others a hard time. If anyone looks back at the post I have made here it is easy to see I know exactly where you are at right now and I truly feel for you since I have been their more than once.

Sadly this accident also kind of messes up things for you in many ways. Even if you could find a buyer for the house tomorrow it would be tough moving when you can't help with the packing. I know from reading your post that you would not do well watching other people work while you had to sit there because of your wrist. Hopefully you will get the money needed to be able to stay in the house until you heal.

Disregard the negative post & keep trying to focus on raising the funds you need and getting better. Best of luck! Skip

#250 4 years ago

Enough already with the "health care debate". Can we please help this guy get the funds he needs and keep this post on topic. Moderator has already asked for this and it is only fair to the OP to keep this topic on point. Everyone in the US already knows health care is a mess. We just need someone with some balls to get it fixed. But I doubt that will ever happen with the drug companies, lawyers, and big business buying the elections these days.

#270 4 years ago

Saturday morning bump! Almost 1/2 way to their goal. Please do what you can to help someone in need here. I don't know John but he sounds like a great guy that has done a lot for people over the years. I am sure every little bit will help.

#276 4 years ago

It would be nice to see this get at least 1/2 way to his goal today. No one has donated in the last 24 hours which seems very typical with Go Fund Me fund drives. (Most of the action happens in the first couple days.)

As John posted a little while ago at least he has raised enough to cover the medical bills part of things but he still needs a little more help beyond that. Every few dollars helps - please do what you can for a good guy a little down on his luck right now.

#280 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

With that said some of the details (facts) overlooked like the 10,000 square foot furnished home, massive as posted pinball hoard, similar forum Fundme poster this time last year, and a church without insurance Does make you curious to the request. Just a little anyway? I would bet he is an amazing person just some of the facts in this example are a bit troublesome to me personally. I do wish you a speedy recovery however.

No where have I seen anything about a church without insurance - but a week after this happened doesn't give the guy much time to get needed medical attention and also cover things as far as church insurance - etc.

As far as the "huge house" - he explained that a day or two ago. Three families went together and bought it cheap then he fixed it up by himself over the past few years.

As far as "massive collection" post I saw was a bunch of low end pins he said he sold when getting ready to sell the house. You don't see a gameroom full of pins in the pictures of the house for sale!

As far as trying to raise money for a friend last year - what is odd about that?

To me I see a guy who had something bad happen at a bad time in his life. He is in the middle of trying to sell a house he doesn't need and no one seems to want. Made himself cash poor getting ready to sell the house and make a move. Than has an accident that takes him out for at least several months. I do find it "troublesome" not in the way you are implying but from the standpoint of some people seem to want to keep kicking this guy when he is down.

In my eyes if you don't believe the story or don't want to help just move on. But the guy has enough problems right now without rereading post accusing him of being up to something. Sometimes bad things happen all at once in someones life. I understand this from my experiences. Some people just don't seem to get that?

2 weeks later
    #299 4 years ago

Good time to give this a bump again! Glad to hear you are doing a little better each day!

#305 4 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Re your bills; contatct the people and explain the situation, some of them may be willing to give you more time to pay

That works out great once you have some money coming in. What some people don't realize is not everyone has a large "safety net" when things go bad and they are out of work for a period of time. What OP is looking for is some money to "hold him over" until he can start making some money on his own again. At that point - if he needs to - he can make arrangements to pay some stuff a little at a time.

Go-Fund-Me is looking pretty good but he could still use a little more help!

1 week later
    #311 4 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Yeah, im self employed and had my leg amputated before xmas
    I dont know what i am talking about

I never said anyone didn't know what they are talking about. Everyone's situation is a little different and some people get into a short term bind with money due to something outside of their control. As OP has stated all along - if you don't have an interest in helping him out that is just fine but I see no harm in him asking for a hand. OP sounds like a great guy that just had a little bad luck. Sadly he didn't reach his fund raising goal but what he did get should help him a good bit short term.

#314 4 years ago

I think it is time to give this a bump again. A few dollars will not break any of us but would sure help OP. Everyone please do what they can to help OP reach his goal. Even though he expects to get back to work in a month or so I am sure things will be tough for him over the next few months and every little bit will help.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-had-a-bad-accident-and-need-a-little-help-i-hate-to-ask?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.