(Topic ID: 260327)

I had a bad accident and need a little help. I hate to ask.

By hailrazer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 326 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200301_082857 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2021 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2020 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2018 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151401 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151302 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151124 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151058 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151044 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151052 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151010 (resized).jpg
    20200204_134641 (resized).jpg
    20200204_140753 (resized).jpg
    20200124_131832 (resized).jpg
    20200124_131827 (resized).jpg
    oliver_twist-more (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jkashani.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 4 years ago

Im am sorry to say this but the pics you posted are inconsistent with the described injuries. If you had such a significant injuries to your bilateral ulnar bones than why are you in what appears to be bilateral velcro splints that are easily removable. You would not be "released" without putting your ulnar(S) in place as you would be at risk for further injury from a compromised blood supply, if the dislocations were not relocated promptly. If I am wrong it would be prudent for you to prove me wrong, especially when you are asking for contributions. This seems very suspect and as I believe anyone with medical training would have the same suspicions. If you are embellishing your injuries in an attempt to generate contributions than you are scamming and shame on you.

#24 4 years ago

From what he is describing it is entirely inconsistent. I would not pull the bullshit Dr. Card, but I am a physician as well practicing Emergency Medicine and see a ton of fracture dislocations. If you feel that after a 4 hour operation removable velcro splints, that can be easily purchased at a pharmacy, are appropriate for stabilization, than I can believe that you are not an orthopedic surgeon.

Quoted from ChipScott:

I'm not an orthopedic, but I do know it is not uncommon for an ER to place someone with fractures at the arm and wrist and splints, discharge them from the ER to see an orthopedic the following day in clinic. I can tell by the pictures in the bottom right that he has a bouffant cap, which would only be given to someone who's about ready to go into surgery, which is what he described. As a physician myself I can tell you, as mentioned above, that while not all fractures at the arm and wrist are required to be immediately set in place and casted prior to discharge from an emergency department, also that does not mean that all fractures are easily set by an orthopedic on an outpatient basis without the occasional need to go to surgery to remove fragments or add additional plating and screws, if it is so needed. All sounded quite legit to me.

#26 4 years ago

From his post: "They put a 4" plate in each wrists and 8 pins to hold them" Take a look at his hands, no swelling, no ecchymosis, no external fixating devices etc. Sorry, not coming at you, but really? I call foul.

Quoted from ChipScott:

Yeah, like I said, I'm not an orthopedic, but folks do leave in splints from the ER with fractures of the arm and wrist all the time. Maybe that's what the ER had at the time. Who knows. But I don't get the feeling he's making anything up. I think you've said your piece, however.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jkashani.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-had-a-bad-accident-and-need-a-little-help-i-hate-to-ask?tu=jkashani and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.