(Topic ID: 260327)

I had a bad accident and need a little help. I hate to ask.

By hailrazer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 326 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200301_082857 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2021 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2020 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2018 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151401 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151302 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151124 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151058 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151044 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151052 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151010 (resized).jpg
    20200204_134641 (resized).jpg
    20200204_140753 (resized).jpg
    20200124_131832 (resized).jpg
    20200124_131827 (resized).jpg
    oliver_twist-more (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaydee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#183 4 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

logic tells me if this guy is well off and didn't need some help right now he wouldn't waste his time with a scam for $15,000.

Especially here. He’s been here awhile and has done business with others also it looks like. He would know that he would get his nuts ripped off in a heartbeat if he tried to scam anyone. It seems legit to me IMO

#187 4 years ago
    Quoted from hailrazer:

The house is not mine alone. When my dad died of cancer I went in with my mother in buying the house. We got it for $20 a square foot on foreclosure. We then sold our houses which had mortgages also to move in together. I moved in my Mom, my grandmother, my handicap sister and my wife and 2 kids. It took 5 years to sell one of the other houses and I lost $120,000 in bank payments because I am a man of my word and would not just let it go back to the bank.
    In the last 2 years my grandmother died of a stroke and my 2 kids moved out. So we decided to fix the house up and sell it and downsize as we cannot afford the home. I sold everything I had in the way of games and toys and tools and hobby stuff to pay off debts and fix the house up.
    Most of the contents came from consolidating three homes and three debts.
    "Sell off the contents" I looked into it and was told that you get pennies on the dollar for furniture. The pinball and air hockey table might get a few hundred. Other than that there's not much to sell.
    It is a nice home but it is in a repressed area and I was told it might not sell at all. I got a good deal and did a ton of work and was hoping that after years of debt I might be able to sell it and maybe recoup some loss. But I have not had one interested person yet. The realtor said we will just keep dropping the price and maybe somebody will bite in the next year or two.
    I am not rich, I have no extra money, I live month to month in a home I paid $260,000 for to fit in 3 families. I do great remodeling work, did it all myself. But it's just a home. It won't pay the bills.

I’m sorry you had to lay out that much personal info. Unfortunately there’s a lot of assholes out there using the go fund me thing as a way to steal money so I get it when people are suspicious. I’m one of them, I trust no one. It’s just part of the business I’m in. Thank you though for not getting angry, offended, defensive and turning this into a shit show. That tells me right there that this is real and you really are in a tough spot. Nobody wants to air their hardships to strangers, especially strangers that could also be considered friends just from a common website that they frequent everyday.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaydee.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-had-a-bad-accident-and-need-a-little-help-i-hate-to-ask?tu=jaydee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.