(Topic ID: 260327)

I had a bad accident and need a little help. I hate to ask.

By hailrazer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 326 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200301_082857 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2021 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2020 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2018 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151401 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151302 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151124 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151058 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151044 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151052 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151010 (resized).jpg
    20200204_134641 (resized).jpg
    20200204_140753 (resized).jpg
    20200124_131832 (resized).jpg
    20200124_131827 (resized).jpg
    oliver_twist-more (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 4 years ago

Dudes, just report the blatant political post to the mods and move on. If it gets like 20 reports that post will disappear in an hour. Instead we now get to hear everyone else's views on Bernie as well (plus presidential age limits, apparently).

Refresher Course (resized).jpgRefresher Course (resized).jpg
    #80 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Dont act like you arent voting on the comments yourself lol

On your blatantly political comments? Sure I voted you down. And the Bernie guy as well. You are both way out of line.

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

I have no idea what the financial shape of his church is, but he did say it was a volunteer group. Even if there is insurance, there is no guarantee they will pick up anything...they are very adapt at finding reasons not to pay. My point is we should not all assume the church is rich, or that the church has insurance, or that they would cover him, or anything else for that matter.

Agreed that that it's a stretch to assume that the church itself could pay much or anything toward his medical bills. It's less of a stretch to think the church might have basic liability insurance that could help out. Of course you generally have to work the insurance company over if you want to get coverage (sadly that's where a lawyer might end up being helpful). But it's a good idea for OP to find out if there's any insurance that could help cover the costs without bankrupting the church.

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Live in Connecticut

Quoted from Rager170:

I live in one of the most taxed areas in the country and its pure crap.

No wonder you guys are so salty. Politics aside I think we can all agree that Connecticut is one of the absolute worst states in the country. The rest of New England has it totally beat for natural beauty and recreation, nearby NYC is the place to be for big city $$$ and culture, and Connecticut's only recent contribution of consequence is that it was the birthplace of Lyme disease (and even that is like 30 years old). I'd feel pretty bitter myself if I were stuck there, regardless of the tax situation.

#147 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

My parents didn't have insurance when I was a kid, doctors were cheap enough you could actual deal in cash.

There was also essentially no cure for cancer then, no open heart surgery, probably only 5-10% of today's medications available, and still relatively limited interventions for most major illnesses. Plus doctor's could smoke in the exam rooms. "Health care" is basically an entirely different product now than it was 50 years ago, so it's hard to directly compare the costs.

#154 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

How old do you think I am? Open heart surgery was pioneered in 1952.

I saw sometime in the 1960s on a cursory google on open heart surgery, but I just looked it up again and apparently it was first tried (I'm assuming unsuccessfully) in 1893. http://www.jsums.edu/gtec/dr-daniel-hale-williams/
    So I'll have to withdraw that one since you can't be more than 80, 90 years old tops.

I do stand by my point that there's been an exponential growth in the variety of treatments available vs. 50 years ago, though, so even if the delivery system were perfect it's hard to imagine how medical expenses (as a proportion of patient income) could have remained steady.

Quoted from gdonovan:

A LOT of medical costs are directly and indirectly related to government meddling and lawyers.

Sure. Though I would add insurance companies to your list of causal factors. They're all transaction costs that aren't directly related to providing health care to patients. Some level of administration cost is unavoidable in such a giant and complex system, but the percentage of money spent on transaction costs in healthcare is outrageous.

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:How many machines do you own in your game room? You could sell a couple to help out with the bills.

Asked and answered right at the start of the thread:

Quoted from pinlink:

Do you own any games you could sell?

Quoted from hailrazer:

Un fortunately I recently sold everything to pay off debts and get my house ready to sell. I have no way to raise cash other than credit cards. I am of course going to do that and then try to pay them off later. But with ow bad my wrists are the doctor says there is a good chance I won't be able to do the Paintless Dent Repair again.
    I'm a fighter, I'll be able to do something, but it may be a while.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-had-a-bad-accident-and-need-a-little-help-i-hate-to-ask?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.