(Topic ID: 260327)

I had a bad accident and need a little help. I hate to ask.

By hailrazer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 326 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200301_082857 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2021 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2020 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2018 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151401 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151302 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151124 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151058 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151044 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151052 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151010 (resized).jpg
    20200204_134641 (resized).jpg
    20200204_140753 (resized).jpg
    20200124_131832 (resized).jpg
    20200124_131827 (resized).jpg
    oliver_twist-more (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rager170.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 4 years ago

Lol, you will get healthcare, and then be taxed to death and not be able to afford anything else.

You want healthcare, go pay for it like everyone else.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Dudes, just report the blatant political post to the mods and move on. If it gets like 20 reports that post will disappear in an hour. Instead we now get to hear everyone else's views on Bernie as well (plus presidential age limits, apparently).

Dont act like you arent voting on the comments yourself lol

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

Amen. Most of the folks that support free everything from the "government" don't pay much or nothing in taxes.

Funny how that works. People who want free stuff dont contribute as much.. Common trend.

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Guy needs cash for med bills and you dipshits are going off with the right wing memes!
    Have you no decency? Outrage.
    Pinside, lol
    Get well soon

Thats kind of hypocritical considering your earlier post.. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-had-a-bad-accident-and-need-a-little-help-i-hate-to-ask#post-5427832

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

On your blatantly political comments? Sure I voted you down. And the Bernie guy as well. You are both way out of line.

Hey, your still involved lol. Only down-voting what you dont agree with...

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Maybe someone that's on the verge of losing their house or something because they've been buried by crippling medical bills can chime in......

Whats better, crippling medical bills or crippling taxes?

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Not everyone will have "crippling medical" bills but everyone will have crippling taxes with "free healthcare"
    No thanks.

agreed.

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Church MUST have general liability no? At a minimum?

I would think so also. You have the general public visiting on a daily basis..

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

My dad has lived in Canada most of his life and I can assure you, he's not "crippled" by the taxes he pays. He's much more grateful for the healthcare he's afforded by having to pay those taxes.

I have heard numerous stories about the poor quality of health care in Canada. People are on year long waiting lists for cancer treatments, literally dying while waiting....

No thanks.

#113 4 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:OR... you could simply move your goalpost from 5K to 15K. As he has now done.

Imagine he drops a deposit on a new Stranger Things? lol haha

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

My girlfriend is basically uninsurable...she works in healthcare and her profession often does not offer employer based health insurance plans in my state since it is not required for businesses under 25 employees. Due to her past injury, a basic plan on the exchange is upwards of $1000/month, and off the exchange isn't even offered plans. That isnt in her budget whatsoever. Short term plans are not even available to people in her age bracket in my state. Ill gladly play more tax if it means people like her dont have to consider bankruptcy and losing homes when needing necessary medical care. I realize its easy to say you think the insurance system is great when your employer covers 80% or more of your premium, but that isnt the case for many Americans.

What makes you think a Government run system will help her? Anything run by the government is worse... Also, the tax increase over years could very well cause people to lose their homes.. and then still have bad healthcare..

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I don't know about where you live, but where I live, the community right next to me has public supplied electricity. The public supplied electricity rates have not come anywhere close to the rate increases I am receiving in my private supplied electricity (with zero competition) year after year.
    One of these has a goal of making money, while the other has a goal of breaking even.

I live in one of the most taxed areas in the country and its pure crap. That is why I am so against more taxes. They just piss that money away and always want more.

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Another repeated falsehood. When my dad had a detached retina they immediately transported him to Montreal to have emergency surgery. He's been well taken care of. Got any stories about healthcare nightmares here in the good ol' USA?

Its not a falsehood. Its the truth.

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Another repeated falsehood. When my dad had a detached retina they immediately transported him to Montreal to have emergency surgery. He's been well taken care of. Got any stories about healthcare nightmares here in the good ol' USA?

Heres a good article.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypipes/2018/06/11/canadians-are-one-in-a-million-while-waiting-for-medical-treatment/#4deccd9e3e7d

#130 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Seems slightly simplistic...I like and think are generally well run: police, fire, National highways, parks, libraries, the military, safe cheap food supply, just to name a few!
    Be positive!
    Get well soon!

I guess you live in a nicer part of the country than me... These things are not well run and due to that, they need more taxes every year.. Which of course means less in your pocket.

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

What makes you think we are not working on that now? Must be nice to be able to paint the world with a single brush while sitting in your ivory tower.

His point being, its better to keep the money within your family vs. giving it to the government who can choose to do what they want with it.

#135 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Any healthcare is better than no healthcare. She currently has the latter. She was lucky enough to have the option of draining $120,000 out of her retirement to have a shot at being able to walk on her own again. Good times!

When you get government healthcare that you are taxed out the ass for, and then they deny you.... That is worse than having no health care.

#137 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Live in Connecticut which has 3 and half million residents.. and spends $21.7 Billion a year.

And its broke lol. Lovely politicians.... We used to be one of the richest states. Now its turning into a shithole.

#148 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

No wonder you guys are so salty. Politics aside I think we can all agree that Connecticut is one of the absolute worst states in the country. The rest of New England has it totally beat for natural beauty and recreation, nearby NYC is the place to be for big city $$$ and culture, and Connecticut's only recent contribution of consequence is that it was the birthplace of Lyme disease (and even that is like 30 years old). I'd feel pretty bitter myself if I were stuck there, regardless of the tax situation.

Its like everyone else here with their opinions... everyone goes off of their own experiences... Everyone in CT these days hates what it has turned into...

#229 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

If you like your doctor you can keep him.
    Mine said "fu&k it, I'm out of here" and retired.
    Now you get some idiot who is more interested in building a "facebook profile" on his laptop for you instead of addressing your concerns when you come for a visit. I fired my last one for such behavior after I spent an hour typing up a very detailed list of medical issues and he spent a hot 15 seconds looking at it.

I lost mine too...

#231 4 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

We did happen to switch over to my wife's coverage this year and no I don't get any extra money in my check because of it. You just "lose out" on that money.

Where we work, if you dont opt in for the health insurance, you dont get extra pay for it..

#237 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I don't need to get my house painted or my car fixed in order to stay alive -
    When some drug company decides to double the cost of the medicine my wife needs to be able to walk, YES - I want my government to stand up for me, because I can't fight a billion dollar corporation.

They wont either. The government only wants a piece of the pie as well. Dont be fooled.. Everything the government does is about money... Everything.

#244 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

That's fine - they're already getting a piece, they'll just get a bigger one. At least everyone would have access to the pie - that's the point.

You have access to it now. You just have to pay for it like everyone else.

Ok Moderator rules followed now. Good chatting with everyone...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rager170.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-had-a-bad-accident-and-need-a-little-help-i-hate-to-ask?tu=Rager170 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.