(Topic ID: 260327)

I had a bad accident and need a little help. I hate to ask.

By hailrazer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 326 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200301_082857 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2021 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2020 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2018 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151401 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151302 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151124 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151058 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151044 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151052 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151010 (resized).jpg
    20200204_134641 (resized).jpg
    20200204_140753 (resized).jpg
    20200124_131832 (resized).jpg
    20200124_131827 (resized).jpg
    oliver_twist-more (resized).jpg
    There are 326 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 4 years ago

The Whirlwind Translite is in the mail to it's new owner!

#302 4 years ago

The Logic Probe has a new owner!

Thanks everyone for your donations and prayers. I'm doing much better, well until I saw the bills start coming in

But with your help and the help of God and Family I'll make it

#303 4 years ago

Re your bills; contatct the people and explain the situation, some of them may be willing to give you more time to pay

#304 4 years ago

How much do you want for the SNES? I have a buddy that wanted one and had trouble finding one. Shipped to 19808

Also, glad to see youre on the mend

#305 4 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Re your bills; contatct the people and explain the situation, some of them may be willing to give you more time to pay

That works out great once you have some money coming in. What some people don't realize is not everyone has a large "safety net" when things go bad and they are out of work for a period of time. What OP is looking for is some money to "hold him over" until he can start making some money on his own again. At that point - if he needs to - he can make arrangements to pay some stuff a little at a time.

Go-Fund-Me is looking pretty good but he could still use a little more help!

#306 4 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

That works out great once you have some money coming in. What some people don't realize is not everyone has a large "safety net" when things go bad and they are out of work for a period of time. What OP is looking for is some money to "hold him over" until he can start making some money on his own again. At that point - if he needs to - he can make arrangements to pay some stuff a little at a time.
    Go-Fund-Me is looking pretty good but he could still use a little more help!

Yeah, im self employed and had my leg amputated before xmas
    I dont know what i am talking about

#308 4 years ago

Edit

#309 4 years ago

Oh received all the circuit breakers and happy to get 'em .... after blowing at-least 7 fuses on the last game I was working on they were the clear choice for me (28 pin header connector for a 25 pin header with no rejection key .... bad eyesight didn't help either )

#310 4 years ago

The Snes Classic is headed to it's new home!

#311 4 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Yeah, im self employed and had my leg amputated before xmas
    I dont know what i am talking about

I never said anyone didn't know what they are talking about. Everyone's situation is a little different and some people get into a short term bind with money due to something outside of their control. As OP has stated all along - if you don't have an interest in helping him out that is just fine but I see no harm in him asking for a hand. OP sounds like a great guy that just had a little bad luck. Sadly he didn't reach his fund raising goal but what he did get should help him a good bit short term.

#312 4 years ago

Sadly he didn't reach his fund raising goal but what he did get should help him a good bit short term.

The GoFundMe just reached 75% and I am so thankful to everyone here, all my Facebook friends, my IRL friends and my family. What a blessing everyone has been! I still have people bringing over food and driving me places I need to go. It's been faith strengthening and awesome!

Even without hitting 100% I am now confident I can make it without going backwards to far. And with Gods help I should be back to work in less than a month and by 2 months hopefully back to almost normal. And if not , well I'll make it somehow. If this has taught me anything its taught me to see the positive in everything.

Thanks again for all the help!

#313 4 years ago

Good luck reaching your goal

#314 4 years ago

I think it is time to give this a bump again. A few dollars will not break any of us but would sure help OP. Everyone please do what they can to help OP reach his goal. Even though he expects to get back to work in a month or so I am sure things will be tough for him over the next few months and every little bit will help.

#315 4 years ago

I sent him money directly, I dont deal with gofundme n stuffs, and thats after I didnt get the snes classic

#316 4 years ago

I think it is time to give this a bump again. A few dollars will not break any of us but would sure help OP. Everyone please do what they can to help OP reach his goal. Even though he expects to get back to work in a month or so I am sure things will be tough for him over the next few months and every little bit will help.

Once again, thanks so much for the kind words and support. It seems like everytime you post I get a bit more

#317 4 years ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

I sent him money directly, I dont deal with gofundme n stuffs, and thats after I didnt get the snes classic

Thanks for your donation. I added it on the GoFundMe as an anonymous donation.

#318 4 years ago

I just read this and donated. All the best to you, Jonathan. I once spent 3 months in the hospital with a lot of broken bones. I know it's no fun, but it will get better. A few years from now it will be a great story!

#319 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisNordman:

I just read this and donated. All the best to you, Jonathan. I once spent 3 months in the hospital with a lot of broken bones. I know it's no fun, but it will get better. A few years from now it will be a great story!

Thanks so much Dennis!

My first AlphaNumeric was a Dr. Dude. I loved it! Your pins are some of the best I've ever played. I also love listening to you on Charlie's Podcast. You guys crack me up.

I remember hearing about your accident. Glad you recovered from it. I'm sure I will look back and tell everyone one day about my "stupid" accident. LOL

1 week later
    #320 4 years ago

Went to the doctor today. I was in a bit of pain. Turns out I displaced the fracture in my right radius. I had a major pipe burst and tried to dig down to it with a pick axe and a shovel. I didn't do much before my neighbor saw me and took over. But apparently I hurt myself.

I'm in braces with doctor's orders to do nothing for 2 weeks. Stinks but it is my fault. I hate asking for help but I should have sooner. God bless the kindness of my neighbor.

IMG_2018 (resized).jpgIMG_2018 (resized).jpgIMG_2020 (resized).jpgIMG_2020 (resized).jpgIMG_2021 (resized).jpgIMG_2021 (resized).jpg
    #321 4 years ago
    Quoted from hailrazer:

Went to the doctor today. I was in a bit of pain. Turns out I displaced the fracture in my right radius. I had a major pipe burst and tried to dig down to it with a pick axe and a shovel. I didn't do much before my neighbor saw me and took over. But apparently I hurt myself.
    I'm in braces with doctor's orders to do nothing for 2 weeks. Stinks but it is my fault. I hate asking for help but I should have sooner. God bless the kindness of my neighbor.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Way too soon to be using a pick axe! Believe me I get it, you got stuff you need to do.. but you have got to be realistic about your capabilities. I’ve been stuck at home for two months after having radiation on my brain and I have had to swallow my pride a couple times and ask friends for help when I had a home project that I couldn’t do myself.

Hope you heal up soon!

#322 4 years ago

What a fantastic neighbor you have!

#323 4 years ago

Dang brother. Saturday was a bad day for the both of us. I crashed a motorcycle doing 65 mph without a helmet on Saturday. I have internal brain bleeding and everyone is wondering how I am not dead. I hope we both recover asap.

Shaun

20200301_082857 (resized).jpg20200301_082857 (resized).jpg
    #324 4 years ago
    Quoted from hailrazer:

I'm in braces with doctor's orders to do nothing for 2 weeks. Stinks but it is my fault. I hate asking for help but I should have sooner. God bless the kindness of my neighbor.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It is going to take 12 months + for your bone and skin to get back to full strength
    Every time you over do it, it will set back your recovery by 3 weeks

#325 4 years ago
    Quoted from srmonte:

Dang brother. Saturday was a bad day for the both of us. I crashed a motorcycle doing 65 mph without a helmet on Saturday. I have internal brain bleeding and everyone is wondering how I am not dead. I hope we both recover asap.
    Shaun[quoted image]

Sorry to hear, glad you survived it though. Get well soon!

#326 4 years ago
    Quoted from srmonte:

Shaun[quoted image]

damn, no offense but I never understood anyone riding a motorcycle without a helmet. Glad you're still kicking to tell about it.

There are 326 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-had-a-bad-accident-and-need-a-little-help-i-hate-to-ask/page/7?hl=only68s and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.