(Topic ID: 260327)

I had a bad accident and need a little help. I hate to ask.

By hailrazer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 326 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ccbiggsoo7
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200301_082857 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2021 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2020 (resized).jpg
    IMG_2018 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151401 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151302 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151124 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151058 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151044 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151052 (resized).jpg
    20200208_151010 (resized).jpg
    20200204_134641 (resized).jpg
    20200204_140753 (resized).jpg
    20200124_131832 (resized).jpg
    20200124_131827 (resized).jpg
    oliver_twist-more (resized).jpg
    There are 326 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jerickso77:

So you're cool with companies price gouging people in life or death situations? Also, a lot of the R&D on these drugs were funded by your taxes.

What level or profit is guoging? If they come up with something that will save your life and you would otherwise die without it, what is it worth to you?

It is laughable that people will line up to buy a $15k pinball machine to entertain them, but complain about a miracle drug that will save their life.

Then, 10 years later, after it is found that the drug that saved their life killed their liver they want to sue the same company for $100 million.

Are you overpaid in your job? Is your employer guoging us all? Maybe you should just work for only what you need to live and give back the rest? It is a free market. Be glad that we have cures available.

Amazing how critical this site can be. The most common answers here are: get a lawyer, screw the drug companies, judge the OP as a thief, and bitch about everything you don't have. Funny how the OP has not complained at all. In my opinion he is richer than all of us regardless of his possessions.

#252 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

The rest of the industrialized world says YES, you're entitled to it, even if you don't make $250k a year. They agree that their citizens have a RIGHT to access to doctors and the medications necessary to lead healthy, productive lives. Nobody is asking for free drugs - don't worry, they're still gonna make their billions, it just won't bankrupt the end user. I realize they're in business to make money, but they ARE making MEDICINE, right? Go build Ferraris if you just want to sell things to millionaires.
    If a car falls on you while you're working on it, is it OK for me to charge you $50,000 to jack it up so it doesn't kill you?
    Or do you think I should just do it because IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO?

Ah, and how is the general health of those in other countries? Like waiting 2 years for cancer treatments? The British sure have nice teeth. Great system.

#253 4 years ago

I want free food. We should all get free food, because we would die without it.

#254 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I want free food. We should all get free food, because we would die without it.

Free food would be nice.

#255 4 years ago
    Quoted from weskelly:

Free food would be nice.

And if it was provided by the government, it would probably be no more than warm porridge once a day.

oliver_twist-more (resized).jpgoliver_twist-more (resized).jpg
    #256 4 years ago

Donated a few bucks. Get better - ladders are no fun. Broke and dislocated my shoulder taking a swan dive off an a frame ladder onto concrete in 2018. No surgery - but roughly 5 months of PT later it's as good as it'll get w/out cutting it. Good luck on your recovery.

#257 4 years ago

Just got back from having the surgery wounds checked. Doc said they look great. He wants me to start finger and wrist stretching and slight rotating. Pics for those who want to see such things. Ughhh.

20200124_131827 (resized).jpg20200124_131827 (resized).jpg20200124_131832 (resized).jpg20200124_131832 (resized).jpg
    #258 4 years ago

I donated. It isn’t much but I hope it helps. I personally don’t know you, but I wish you a speedy recovery. Just take it one day at a time.

#259 4 years ago

You could be like Doctor Strange & go seek help from a Tibetan monk?

#260 4 years ago

Ugggh. Good luck and get well.

#261 4 years ago

Made a small donation. Wish you best of luck. And while have very strong opinions about our Medical system, seems like this really isn't the place to make those comments. Either help, or don't, but start a new OT thread if you want to get political about it.

#262 4 years ago
    Quoted from hailrazer:

Just got back from having the surgery wounds checked. Doc said they look great. He wants me to start finger and wrist stretching and slight rotating. Pics for those who want to see such things. Ughhh.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like some quality stitching there.
    That sucks, man. For how some fellow pinsiders vouched for you, I kicked in. I’d rather help someone who has helped others then live in a world where everything is a scam. You’ve carried yourself with dignity here, my respect. If you ever get up to Milwaukee, you owe me a beer.

Cmon pinside - help a brother out.

#263 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trogdor:

Looks like some quality stitching there.
    That sucks, man. For how some fellow pinsiders vouched for you, I kicked in. I’d rather help someone who has helped others then live in a world where everything is a scam. You’ve carried yourself with dignity here, my respect. If you ever get up to Milwaukee, you owe me a beer.
    Cmon pinside - help a brother out.

Thank you so much!

I can't thank you enough. God bless you.

I understand peoples skepticism and fears. That's why I really was just asking for help from those I have helped. But it is people like yourself and others on Pinside and elsewhere that have restored much of my faith that there is still a lot of goodness in the world despite all the bad things happening.

#264 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trogdor:

You’ve carried yourself with dignity here

My thoughts exactly.

Not easy to ask for help and listen to the negativity, especially on the Pinside.
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

#265 4 years ago

I donated.

This thread makes me sad. I don't want to get into the HC debate, but it sucks that people can be one accident away from being in such financial peril.

OP- stay positive and stay strong in your faith.

#266 4 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

From his post: "They put a 4" plate in each wrists and 8 pins to hold them" Take a look at his hands, no swelling, no ecchymosis, no external fixating devices etc. Sorry, not coming at you, but really? I call foul.

How does your foot taste?

#267 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

It's alright. He was going with the information he had and was trying to protect this community. No hard feelings here.

#268 4 years ago

I say dumb shit all the time. And that man is much smarter than me! I was just joking around! Best of luck on your recovery!

#269 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

He was trying to show off his fancy medical training. But appears probably needs a bit more..... Glad you dint get him as a doctor, would of been sent home with a lolly pop lol

#270 4 years ago

Saturday morning bump! Almost 1/2 way to their goal. Please do what you can to help someone in need here. I don't know John but he sounds like a great guy that has done a lot for people over the years. I am sure every little bit will help.

#271 4 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Saturday morning bump! Almost 1/2 way to their goal. Please do what you can to help someone in need here. I don't know John but he sounds like a great guy that has done a lot for people over the years. I am sure every little bit will help.

Thanks!

I am supposed to be mentioned on 2 pinball podcasts on the 1st. Hopefully that will reach some more kind people.

Thanks again to all who have helped.

#272 4 years ago
    Quoted from hailrazer:

Thanks!
    I am supposed to be mentioned on 2 pinball podcasts on the 1st. Hopefully that will reach some more kind people.
    Thanks again to all who have helped.

Doesn’t hurt to keep asking. Good luck!

#273 4 years ago
    Quoted from hailrazer:

It's alright. He was going with the information he had and was trying to protect this community. No hard feelings here.

It’s sad you had to prove anything by posting pictures of your post-surgery sutures. But at least the few skeptics should be satisfied this was a sincere plea for help from a community that shares a common passion. Those who gave a few bucks should be proud. We helped pay for the care you received and hopefully it will have you on the road to recovery very soon. You need those arms for pin-flipping.

#275 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinkitten:

It’s sad you had to prove anything by posting pictures of your post-surgery sutures. But at least the few skeptics should be satisfied this was a sincere plea for help from a community that shares a common passion. Those who gave a few bucks should be proud. We helped pay for the care you received and hopefully it will have you on the road to recovery very soon. You need those arms for pin-flipping.

Yes indeed. I am so thankful to everyone here that gave. The love and support shown was tremendous. What I received will cover the medical bills. With family help I should be able to make it the next 3 months without going into severe debt. I will still go into some debt but with Gods help I will pay it off in the next year or so.

This has been a real faith restorer for me. You guys are awesome!

#276 4 years ago

It would be nice to see this get at least 1/2 way to his goal today. No one has donated in the last 24 hours which seems very typical with Go Fund Me fund drives. (Most of the action happens in the first couple days.)

As John posted a little while ago at least he has raised enough to cover the medical bills part of things but he still needs a little more help beyond that. Every few dollars helps - please do what you can for a good guy a little down on his luck right now.

#277 4 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

Im am sorry to say this but the pics you posted are inconsistent with the described injuries. If you had such a significant injuries to your bilateral ulnar bones than why are you in what appears to be bilateral velcro splints that are easily removable. You would not be "released" without putting your ulnar(S) in place as you would be at risk for further injury from a compromised blood supply, if the dislocations were not relocated promptly. If I am wrong it would be prudent for you to prove me wrong, especially when you are asking for contributions. This seems very suspect and as I believe anyone with medical training would have the same suspicions. If you are embellishing your injuries in an attempt to generate contributions than you are scamming and shame on you.

Typical know it all Dr. bullshit. You’re not God. Though some of you act like it.
    Why make a statement like this with such little info?
    Why released without putting ulnar in place? Because the Dr that released him was probably unqualified.
    I once had an ED “doc” pull a successful intubation done in the field because he said it was wrong. Lol. Condensation, capnography, bi-lateral lung sounds. No sounds from stomach. All good. Pfft.

#278 4 years ago

Donated. Sorry for your injury Jonathan.
    I hope you have a speedy recovery.

#279 4 years ago
    Quoted from Push600:

Typical know it all Dr. bullshit. You’re not God. Though some of you act like it.
    Why make a statement like this with such little info?
    Why released without putting ulnar in place? Because the Dr that released him was probably unqualified.
    I once had an ED “doc” pull a successful intubation done in the field because he said it was wrong. Lol. Condensation, capnography, bi-lateral lung sounds. No sounds from stomach. All good. Pfft.

Just because someone in the profession questioned the story doesn’t mean they doubted the story it’s Possible they were trying to question the doctor’s recommendation which seems like you had the same happen? As for the other comments let’s be honest in this world we live in today you have to at least Question the validity of a request for cash. Good guy or not, accident wasn’t really in doubt and I am sure it sucks and I pray for him. Yes many of us have subliminal money or we wouldn’t be in pinball no question. With that said some of the details (facts) overlooked like the 10,000 square foot furnished home, massive as posted pinball hoard, similar forum Fundme poster this time last year, and a church without insurance Does make you curious to the request. Just a little anyway? I would bet he is an amazing person just some of the facts in this example are a bit troublesome to me personally. I do wish you a speedy recovery however.

#280 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

With that said some of the details (facts) overlooked like the 10,000 square foot furnished home, massive as posted pinball hoard, similar forum Fundme poster this time last year, and a church without insurance Does make you curious to the request. Just a little anyway? I would bet he is an amazing person just some of the facts in this example are a bit troublesome to me personally. I do wish you a speedy recovery however.

No where have I seen anything about a church without insurance - but a week after this happened doesn't give the guy much time to get needed medical attention and also cover things as far as church insurance - etc.

As far as the "huge house" - he explained that a day or two ago. Three families went together and bought it cheap then he fixed it up by himself over the past few years.

As far as "massive collection" post I saw was a bunch of low end pins he said he sold when getting ready to sell the house. You don't see a gameroom full of pins in the pictures of the house for sale!

As far as trying to raise money for a friend last year - what is odd about that?

To me I see a guy who had something bad happen at a bad time in his life. He is in the middle of trying to sell a house he doesn't need and no one seems to want. Made himself cash poor getting ready to sell the house and make a move. Than has an accident that takes him out for at least several months. I do find it "troublesome" not in the way you are implying but from the standpoint of some people seem to want to keep kicking this guy when he is down.

In my eyes if you don't believe the story or don't want to help just move on. But the guy has enough problems right now without rereading post accusing him of being up to something. Sometimes bad things happen all at once in someones life. I understand this from my experiences. Some people just don't seem to get that?

#281 4 years ago

Man I’d buy that house if I lived in the states it’s gorgeous.

#282 4 years ago

It reached 50%. Thanks everyone!

Thanks also too-many-pins , Ive been 100% transparent and tried to answer all questions. And yes I still do need some help, but I am not complaining because this is way more than I expected. With this help and God and Family I will make it!

Thank you all from the bottom to the top of my heart!

#283 4 years ago

The obligatory too long with no activity -*Bump*- for a good cause.

“You often say; I would give, but only to the deserving, The trees in your orchard say not so, nor the flocks in your pasture.
    Surely he who is worthy to receive his days and nights is worthy of all else from you.
    And he who has deserved to drink from the ocean of life deserves to fill his cup from your little stream. See first that you yourself deserve to be a giver, and an instrument of giving.
    For in truth it is life that gives unto life-while you, who deem yourself a giver, is but a witness.”
    ― Khalil Gibran, The Prophet

#284 4 years ago

The Fundraiser just hit $9000.

Thanks everyone!

I've been slowly weaning myself off the painkillers. I went 24 hours without one but then caved so I could sleep.

Thought I could give myself a shower but after 4 hours of pain I decided I was moving a bit fast.

Thus afternoon is my eye exam to make sure my eye is healing. Still have broken blood vessels but the blurriness is gone most of the time.

Thanks again you guys

#285 4 years ago

The stitches and staples were removed today. One stitch was infected and tied to tight so it had to be dug out. Not fun!

The xrays were good. Everything was fine. You can see on the left wrist that the end of the radius is still broken off. I was told they do not fix that.
    Things are going good. 4 more weeks until next appointment and then I can start trying to strengthen things to get back to work.
    20200204_140753 (resized).jpg20200204_140753 (resized).jpg20200204_134641 (resized).jpg20200204_134641 (resized).jpg

#286 4 years ago
    Quoted from hailrazer:

The stitches and staples were removed today. One stitch was infected and tied to tight so it had to be dug out. Not fun!
    The xrays were good. Everything was fine. You can see on the left wrist that the end of the radius is still broken off. I was told they do not fix that.
    Things are going good. 4 more weeks until next appointment and then I can start trying to strengthen things to get back to work.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Ouch! Its always amazing to me how quickly the body can heal.

#287 4 years ago

Better plan on spending some extra time getting through airport security from now on

They did a nice job on the stitches... I thought they'd be far more gnarly looking afterwards. Now you can't scare little kids or impress women with them.

Yeah looks like you really *did* fall into some money.......

.... too soon?

#288 4 years ago

Hey guys. Just a little update.

I'm doing better. Still no range of motion in my wrists and they hurt like Heck, but I am doing better every day. Once again thanks so much for all the prayers, well wishes and donations!

I want to give back, even if in just a small way. I have some pinball items I would like to give to any who helped. My wife has some money from selling some clothes and said she could afford to ship a few items. So the following items are free to anyone who donated. One item each please

1: Whirlwind Translite......Used but in fairly good condition.

2: Pinwrench - Perfect for pinball leg and backbox bolts.

3: Logic Probe

4: Button Nut Remover/ CRT adjustmen tools / IC chip remover

5: Spoken For/Gone ......... Circuit Breakers - From 1/2A - 20A - Perfect for when you have a fuse blowing and don't want to keep blowing $2 fuses.

6: Hulk - Gottlieb Backglass - It is flaking but makes a great wall hanger. Can't ship this one but if someone close donated they can come get it anytime.

7: Snes Classic. Hacked for adding games
    20200208_151010 (resized).jpg20200208_151010 (resized).jpg20200208_151044 (resized).jpg20200208_151044 (resized).jpg20200208_151052 (resized).jpg20200208_151052 (resized).jpg20200208_151058 (resized).jpg20200208_151058 (resized).jpg20200208_151124 (resized).jpg20200208_151124 (resized).jpg20200208_151302 (resized).jpg20200208_151302 (resized).jpg20200208_151401 (resized).jpg20200208_151401 (resized).jpg

Added over 4 years ago:

The PinWrench is Spoken For!

Added over 4 years ago:

Whirlwind Translite is on it's way to a new owner!

Added over 4 years ago:

The Circuit Breakers are spoken for and shipped!

Added over 4 years ago:

The Logic Probe is Spoken for and on it's way to it's new home!

Added over 4 years ago:

The Snes Classic is headed to it's new home!

#289 4 years ago

Nice jesture, but you should sell the items for your needs.

#290 4 years ago

Donated - and my goodness - praise God you're alive

#291 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Nice jesture, but you should sell the items for your needs.

I found them sitting in a box. I am so grateful for what everyone has done and they aren't worth much. I just wanted to give a little back. When you're sitting around feeling bad , doing something for others makes you feel better.

#292 4 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Donated - and my goodness - praise God you're alive

Thank you so much! May God bless you.

#293 4 years ago

posted in other thread & shot a PM https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-want-to-thank-the-pinside-community-freestuff

running out the door will reply again later

#297 4 years ago

Donated. Best of luck.

#298 4 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Donated. Best of luck.

Thank you so much. God bless.

#299 4 years ago

Good time to give this a bump again! Glad to hear you are doing a little better each day!

#300 4 years ago

The Circuit Breakers are on their way to a new owner!

The PinWrench is on it's way to a new owner!

There are 326 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-had-a-bad-accident-and-need-a-little-help-i-hate-to-ask/page/6?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.