(Topic ID: 21264)

I guess us pinheads really are freaks ...

By gweempose

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 106 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    Party_#5.jpg
    Party_#4.jpg
    Party_#3.jpg
    Party_#2.jpg
    Party_#1.jpg
    IMG_7295.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballptpentheif.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 11 years ago

I noticed this when I was at a restaurant with pinball tables. All the adults were trying to feign maturity by sitting idle, even disengaging interactions with their kids once their children started playing some of the pinball tables.

It was some little league award ceremony and the kids were ignoring their own ceremony to play pinball. The parents had to literally scold and drag them away from the pins, credits still loaded. It made me wonder if the entire ceremony was more for the adults than the kids.

Most adults are dead inside.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I like to ask my guests if they'd like to see it, and 99% of the time, they say yes. Even some of the younger guests seem to enjoy playing too.

Invite them to SEE it. Nice. Massage them into playing.

#48 11 years ago

Thanks. I have fond memories of nut shotting the red side in Karate Champ. One of my favorite arcade moments of all time.

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Sounds like your neighbors are no fun. Our current neighbors suck too. I love having cookouts and stuff, but pretty much stopped since my neighbors are all weird.

My neighbors are a bunch of disability cases who yell at their kids for arbitrary nonsense while endowing them with issues of low self esteem and a poor personal body image. I cringe when my kids are playing outside with those messed up people's kids.

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I hear that. Our kids don't really play with the neighbor kids either. They all probably call us the weird ones. With our pinball machines and loner kids.
    One of my direct neighbors cried and called me a ruthless monster when I shot an aggressive possum in our backyard. The thing hissed at me, so I killed it. I don't need my 3 year old daughter being like "ohhh nice kitty" and getting mauled by a possum.

Our neighborhood has an 8 year old girl, with apparently no parents, who constantly rides her bike around the area by herself knocking on our door asking for my kids to come out and play in the 104 degree weather.

"Can your kids come out and play?"

"Sorry, it's just too hot for them to play."

"Well I'm outside." ... awkward pause...

"Dude, my kids are like 4 years old." wtf?

screw that family

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballptpentheif.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-guess-us-pinheads-really-are-freaks?tu=ballptpentheif and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.