Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

79E3FD58-64DA-4B42-89BE-91E4267F4834 (resized).jpeg
    tron_guy-thumb (resized).jpg
    9CCF86D0-4C46-448F-ACA9-111FE2B1A7AC (resized).png
    C2458E3C-89FF-4495-B4D7-F10A7CF0BA0A (resized).jpeg
    594EE36C-80B3-4534-BAFB-CA72746D1463 (resized).jpeg
    859DD736-9A95-4FE4-A1AF-352A9A18A731 (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

859DD736-9A95-4FE4-A1AF-352A9A18A731 (resized).jpeg859DD736-9A95-4FE4-A1AF-352A9A18A731 (resized).jpeg594EE36C-80B3-4534-BAFB-CA72746D1463 (resized).jpeg594EE36C-80B3-4534-BAFB-CA72746D1463 (resized).jpegC2458E3C-89FF-4495-B4D7-F10A7CF0BA0A (resized).jpegC2458E3C-89FF-4495-B4D7-F10A7CF0BA0A (resized).jpeg

#3 4 years ago

Liked The first thread title better.

So.. are
    You Craig or the other guy?

#5 4 years ago

Finally!! a topic that all of pinside can agree on...

#6 4 years ago

WTF...........

#7 4 years ago

Pun or not.
    As a non american and non englishspeaker, this is a total flyby for me.

#8 4 years ago

wow.

I never understood why people are so touchy on online sales like this. FB marketplace is especially notorious.

#9 4 years ago

what did i just read????

#10 4 years ago

I'm just happy when someone offers something reasonable for my ad. Half of FB marketplace is d-bags that offee you 15% of your asking price like they are doing you some kind of favor.

#11 4 years ago

People are people; not everybody is some super well grounded stable chill dude.

And we all have our not so good days. Hopefully this was NOT one of this sellers better days.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

what did i just read????

+1 to what did I just read????

#13 4 years ago

I feel bad that Kobe went down but all these people that are turning him into a saint are crazy. Kobe had his flaws for sure, when ever anyone passes all of those questionable characteristics just disappear which is really weird to me.

#15 4 years ago
    9CCF86D0-4C46-448F-ACA9-111FE2B1A7AC (resized).png9CCF86D0-4C46-448F-ACA9-111FE2B1A7AC (resized).png
    #16 4 years ago
    tron_guy-thumb (resized).jpgtron_guy-thumb (resized).jpg
    #17 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

I feel bad that Kobe went down but all these people that are turning him into a saint are crazy. Kobe had his flaws for sure, when ever anyone passes all of those questionable characteristics just disappear which is really weird to me.

Yes the questionable characteristics have completely disappeared and everybody has made Kobe a saint except for the dozens of people bringing up all the horrible things he did when he was alive on everybody's facebook feed on the planet. It's really weird how nobody has mentioned his legal troubles except for everybody who has mentioned it. All I know is I'm glad we got another Kobe thread.

Back on topic, the internet is a weird place. You never know who you are going to piss off or why, and you never know if the guy you tried to sell some tools to is going to turn out to be a stalker who harasses you at work. I guess we just hope for the best. I try not to engage with randos on FB marketplace too often, I've had better luck with randos on Craigslist but living in a big city probably helps that.

The one that sticks with me really sums up the FB marketplace experience. I put a vintage receiver that was just too big for my shop on FB, asking 50 bucks, come and get it NO SHIPPING as it weighed about 50 pounds and I didn't want to deal with dragging it to a post office, packaging it etc. I just wanted it gone. I had about 10 instant replies saying "i'll take it," and another reply BEGGING me to ship it to him in Ass End Indiana or wherever. "I'll pay you $250 plus shipping! I'll make it super easy. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!"

Well, my greed and sympathy got the better of me, and after a couple days of him telling me how he wanted it packaged, thanking me profusely, and promising me all of the riches of the orient I finally agreed as he was such a nice reasonable guy who just really wanted this 70s Sansui amp. The next message...

"OK, so here's how I want to do this, as I've been burned before. I'll send you $100 now, and the rest when I get the amp and confirm the condition..."

Always go with your gut. I messaged a few obscenities to the guy, blocked him, and responded to the first in town guy, who a day later brought me $50, took the amp, and even gave me a bottle of good wine as he was so thrilled to get this thing.

What's the moral of the story? No idea, I guess I just want to be appreciated as a member of the brotherhood of pain in the ass FB marketplace deals. Just go with the easiest deal and whomever appears to be the sanest and don't be tempted by some dipshit in Indiana.

#18 4 years ago

You have no guarantees in life. Rich or poor. Liked or disliked. Nice or Annoying.

Life is not fair...neither is death.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes the questionable characteristics have completely disappeared except for the dozens of people bringing up all the horrible things he did when he was alive on everybody's facebook feed on the planet. It's really weird how nobody has mentioned his legal troubles except for everybody who has mentioned it. All I know is I'm glad we got another Kobe thread.
    Back on topic, the internet is a weird place. You never know who you are going to piss off or why, and you never know if the guy you tried to sell some tools to is going to turn out to be a stalker who harasses you at work. I guess we just hope for the best. I try not to engage with randos on FB marketplace too often, I've had better luck with randos on Craigslist but living in a big city probably helps that.
    The one that sticks with me really sums up the FB marketplace experience. I put a vintage receiver that was just too big for my shop on FB, asking 50 bucks, come and get it NO SHIPPING as it weighed about 50 pounds and I didn't want to deal with dragging it to a post office, packaging it etc. I just wanted it gone. I had about 10 instant replies saying "i'll take it," and another reply BEGGING me to ship it to him in Ass End Indiana or wherever. "I'll pay you $250 plus shipping! I'll make it super easy. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!"
    Well, my greed and sympathy got the better of me, and after a couple days of him telling me how he wanted it packaged, thanking me profusely, and promising me all of the riches of the orient I final agreed. The next message...
    "OK, so here's how I want to do this, as I've been burned before. I'll send you $100 now, and the rest when I get the amp and confirm the condition..."
    Always go with your gut. I messaged a few obscenities to the guy, blocked him, and responded to the first in town guy, who a day later brought me $50, took the amp, and even gave me a bottle of good wine as he was so thrilled to get this thing.
    What's the moral of the story? No idea, I guess I just want to be appreciated as a member of the brotherhood of pain in the ass FB marketplace deals. Just go with the easiest deal and don't be tempted by some dipshit in Indiana.

I don’t have facebook or twitter or any of that crap. I am just going by the national news coverage. Turning the guy into logo of the NBA, come on.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

I don’t have facebook or twitter or any of that crap. I am just going by the national news coverage. Turning the guy into logo of the NBA, come on.

Every single "national news coverage" obit I read or watched of Kobe brought up his legal and personal issues, so what's the problem exactly?

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Liked The first thread title better.
    So.. are
    You Craig or the other guy?

First one sounded kind of suicidal...I mean I am a weirdo...but deserve to die?

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Pure horseshit.

He was an excellent athlete on the court and kind of a shitty character in his personal life. He was a rich dude that became part of a tragedy, not a saint nor a messiah.

Just let them ALL R.I.P.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

First one sounded kind of suicidal...I mean I am a weirdo...but deserve to die?

OK random guy off CL, I'm not excusing the obviously mentally unstable behavior of the Kobe loving tool seller, but...

"180?"

That's your opening message? I personally HATE that shit. Whenever I put a pin on FB, inevitably I get a response or responses like that. Like, you can't even be bothered to craft a sentence fragment to accompany your lowball offer?

It's all part of the collapse of society!

Something like "I'd like to offer $180, I could pick it up in a few days when I'm back in town" might have headed off this idiot's rant. But yeah, that would have taken 15 seconds instead of 3 so I understand...

it does help filter, as I've never completed a deal with someone who sends me a message like that. They are always tire kickers or lowballers. They are weirdos who deserve to die!

#24 4 years ago
    79E3FD58-64DA-4B42-89BE-91E4267F4834 (resized).jpeg79E3FD58-64DA-4B42-89BE-91E4267F4834 (resized).jpeg
    #25 4 years ago

LOL like you'd last 10 minutes in the 80s.

You'd be running for the time machine the second you realized there was nowhere to post pictures of your kids and you had no device to do it with.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OK random guy off CL, I'm not excusing the obviously mentally unstable behavior of the Kobe loving tool seller, but...
    "180?"
    That's your opening message? I personally HATE that shit. Whenever I put a pin on FB, inevitably I get a response or responses like that. Like, you can't even be bothered to craft a sentence fragment to accompany your lowball offer?
    It's all part of the collapse of society!
    Something like "I'd like to offer $180, I could pick it up in a few days when I'm back in town" might have headed off this idiot's rant. But yeah, that would have taken 15 seconds instead of 3 so I understand...

Hey...I’m just a short and sweet kind of guy...not much fluff, but super reliable

Plus I was marveling at the creepiness of Joaquin phoenixes spine watching joker for the first time while messaging dude.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL like you'd last 10 minutes in the 80s.
    You'd be running for the time machine the second you realized there was nowhere to post pictures of your kids and you had no device to do it with.

First of all I was 4-14 in the 80’s...we went outside to play...climbed trees...went on roofs when a little older...and rocked the shit out of the arcades...and I can’t stand phones/devices....BUT I would have shoved a bunch of Polaroids of my kids in your face... .............Joey

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

what did i just read????

Ha! I was just thinking the same exact thing.Maybe I should go back to bed for another few hours

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

You have no guarantees in life. Rich or poor. Liked or disliked. Nice or Annoying.
    Life is not fair...neither is death.

Very well said and yes there are no guarantees in life,I was taught that many many moons ago.

#30 4 years ago

Sounds like a typical interaction on Facebook marketplace from my experience...

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

That will never happen the NBA logo has been Jerry West for God knows how long and will always be Jerry West.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

That will never happen the NBA logo has been Jerry West for God knows how long and will always be Jerry West.

It's ok they'll change it to Kobe but Jerry West can have it back when he dies.

#33 4 years ago

Maybe the wrong place, but please tell me would you dialogue further on this?

My neighbor tells me Not to worry about changes that allow more pollution
    in rivers and streams. He states, "Dont worry, the pollution will fall off the
    edge of the Earth, because its flat"

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's ok they'll change it to Kobe but Jerry West can have it back when he dies.

Shit,wouldn’t that be a shocker

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes the questionable characteristics have completely disappeared and everybody has made Kobe a saint except for the dozens of people bringing up all the horrible things he did when he was alive on everybody's facebook feed on the planet. It's really weird how nobody has mentioned his legal troubles except for everybody who has mentioned it. All I know is I'm glad we got another Kobe thread.
    Well, my greed and sympathy got the better of me, and after a couple days of him telling me how he wanted it packaged, thanking me profusely, and promising me all of the riches of the orient I finally agreed as he was such a nice reasonable guy who just really wanted this 70s Sansui amp. The next message...
    What's the moral of the story? No idea, I guess I just want to be appreciated as a member of the brotherhood of pain in the ass FB marketplace deals. Just go with the easiest deal and whomever appears to be the sanest and don't be tempted by some dipshit in Indiana.

What the fuck do you have against Indiana?Indianapolis is cool city and our state has a balance budget.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

What the fuck do you have against Indiana?Indianapolis is cool city and our state has a balance budget.

It's just so flat, it annoys me.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

what did i just read????

You read someone trying to sell ratchets that have been RECALLED. Oh, and their current owner is a psycho. But otherwise a normal day for Angry Craig.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's just so flat, it annoys me.

Ever been to Kansas?

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Ever been to Kansas?

I have lived in Kansas my whole life. Western Kansas is flat as a pancake, but Northeast Kansas is actually not that flat, also have the flint hills to the south of me. If you head west on I-70 when you get past Manhattan it flat all the way to Colorado state line!

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from henrydwh:

I have lived in Kansas my whole life. Western Kansas is flat as a pancake, but Northeast Kansas is actually not that flat, also have the flint hills to the south of me. If you head west on I-70 when you get past Manhattan it flat all the way to Colorado state line!

True, but the flat land continues until you reach the Rocky Mountains. I think of eastern Colorado as part of Kansas!

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What's the moral of the story? No idea

That pretty much sums up this whole thread.
    And about half of Pinside overall.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

True, but the flat land continues until you reach the Rocky Mountains. I think of eastern Colorado as part of Kansas!

I was thinking the same thing. 10 miles east of Denver and you’re in the Great Plains.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-guess-im-just-a-weirdo-who-should-die and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.