(Topic ID: 201729)

I guess I won't be playing my DI LE tonight after all..

By michaelrobrien

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PW79
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4ADBBEFD-C6F2-48B6-B8A5-D718FB3F9FDC (resized).jpeg
    DI 1 (resized).jpg
    DI 2 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I've been lucky so far in pin shipment. The odds caught up to me today. Man!

DI 2 (resized).jpg

DI 1 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

I'm sorry.

I trust you contacted JJP about shipping damage.

LTG : (

#3 1 year ago

That sucks!

#4 1 year ago

Same thing happen to me .... fork threw the side. My distro and jjp took care of it fairly quickly tho.... sorry

#5 1 year ago

I'm seeing a person falling into a volcano.

That sucks, but at least you know it will be taken care of. Sorry.

#6 1 year ago

Sorry man, that sucks!

Which shipping company? Takes balls to even try and deliver something when the box looks like that.

#7 1 year ago

Especially when it says do not stack in big red fat bold letters. Or maybe a dishwasher fell on the corner

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm sorry.
    I trust you contacted JJP about shipping damage.
    LTG : (

Yes I got in touch with JJP this afternoon, they're on it! Time to practice a bit more patience until the next one arrives.

#9 1 year ago

How does this happen? If I were JJp, I would be so pissed.

#10 1 year ago

What a disappointment. I'm sure nobody will claim responsibility. Just sad. Hope it all works out for you.

#11 1 year ago

They sucks. My WOZ was crunched when I got it but luckily it was only the topper.

#13 1 year ago

The shippers have not had a good week...mine got nailed by the forklift. Luckily no damage. Jersey Jen was very helpful as always. I picked mine up yesterday.

4ADBBEFD-C6F2-48B6-B8A5-D718FB3F9FDC (resized).jpeg

#14 1 year ago

So out of curiosity.... what does Jjp do with a game like that when they take it back in. Do they repair it and resell it. Or sell it as it is damaged?

#15 1 year ago

Change out the cabinet and salvage the rest for a new game most likely

#16 1 year ago

Sorry to see both those pictures guys.

#17 1 year ago

Yes, mine was through R+L...also I feel for the OP. This takes all of the fun out of NIB experience.

#18 1 year ago

How are shippers not more careful with such an expensive item???

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

How are shippers not more careful with such an expensive item???

It is just another piece of freight to move. Most of the lumpers and dock workers do not care about what it says on the outside.

#20 1 year ago

So my wife is home, I'm at work when the R+L delivery guy shows up. She tells him the box is going to the garage. He goes out to unload it, she follows him out, he lowers the power lift and starts wheeling it to the garage while my wife is looking at the box and saying "uh, let me call my husband before we accept delivery" (she knows the pin delivery drill). While she's having trouble reaching me, the dude is telling her to "just sign for it" since he's got to go. She refused, got me on the phone, I talked to the guy, and then it's getting loaded back onto the truck. I mean, look at the packaging and the damage, who on earth would accept that package? Sent the pics to Jen @ JJP, always helpful on that end!

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrio101:

It is just another piece of freight to move. Most of the lumpers and dock workers do not care about what it says on the outside.

Exactly this. I haf to tell the guy with the lift the cost of the game. He was moving around the game like a bat out of hell. He slowed down and was extremely careful afterwards.

#22 1 year ago

That's unfortunate. I can only imagine how psyched you were to play tonight!!!!

But Damn I'd love to buy a scratched machine at. Large discount.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

So my wife is home, I'm at work when the R+L delivery guy shows up. She tells him the box is going to the garage. He goes out to unload it, she follows him out, he lowers the power lift and starts wheeling it to the garage while my wife is looking at the box and saying "uh, let me call my husband before we accept delivery" (she knows the pin delivery drill). While she's having trouble reaching me, the dude is telling her to "just sign for it" since he's got to go. She refused, got me on the phone, I talked to the guy, and then it's getting loaded back onto the truck. I mean, look at the packaging and the damage, who on earth would accept that package? Sent the pics to Jen @ JJP, always helpful on that end!

R+L are a bunch off ass*oles. The guys add an extra strap to my shipment. Their strap got loose and ripped through the entire cabinet.

#24 1 year ago

R&l is one of the worst freight companies around. I cringe everyone I get a pin from them.

#25 1 year ago

Sorry dude. That sucks. I'm stil waiting on mine

#26 1 year ago

That sucks! I've heard horror stories about R+L and was nervous while my RZ was in transit. Luckily nothing happened

#27 1 year ago

Last time I had a pin delivered by R&L the actual last mile delivery guy was super nice and patient while inspecting for damage. Unfortunately the box itself had already been pokerized by a previous R&L handler. Didn't have to refuse delivery but I had to get a replacement head.

#28 1 year ago

Ham-fisted f#cktards.

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Yes I got in touch with JJP this afternoon, they're on it! Time to practice a bit more patience until the next one arrives.

Healthy attitude, I like it!

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

Last time I had a pin delivered by R&L the actual last mile delivery guy was super nice and patient while inspecting for damage.

You're close enough that you may have had the same guy I did for my last game delivery from R+L. My wife took delivery and said the same thing. The guy was very patient, and even helped by shining a flashlight down into the gash in the box while she was looking for damage. The fact that there was a gash in the box doesn't say much for them as a whole.

#31 1 year ago

I've had 2 shipments from R+L

Both had forklift punctures.

Odds are they're the lowest bidder?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Metalhead Pinball
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 125.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    € 279.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 49.99
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside