(Topic ID: 146082)

I guess Avatar was rerun. Code question too...

By Shenanigander

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Picked up an Avatar last weekend. Sticker said 2013 on the back. Guess they were rerun? The code I have is v2.0 but on the Stern page it only shows up to v1.10. What is the difference between 2.0 and 1.10?

#2 8 years ago

Yes, there was a small rerun that came out of nowhere a while back. Very strange. I wish I was wealthy...I would've loved to have been able to buy a NIB. Such a fun tournament game for stacking multiballs.

Not sure what the code difference is..so...bump.

#3 8 years ago

Avatar came out in 2010 - licenses last for 3 years, so it was never re-licensed...just produced during it's normal run.

I seem to remember the later run of Avatar using some different components on the PCB, and had it's own software revision to compensate for the hardware - they were numbered differently but contained the same code...but there was a warning not to run "old" code on "new" Avatar and vice versa. Perhaps that Service Bulletin was lost when Stern changed over to the new website.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yes, there was a small rerun that came out of nowhere a while back. Very strange. I wish I was wealthy...I would've loved to have been able to buy a NIB. Such a fun tournament game for stacking multiballs.
Not sure what the code difference is..so...bump.

It was a store display and only had 59 plays on it (since 2013) when I picked it up last weekend. We more than doubled the game count the night we picked it up

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Avatar came out in 2010 - licenses last for 3 years, so it was never re-licensed...just produced during it's normal run.
I seem to remember the later run of Avatar using some different components on the PCB, and had it's own software revision to compensate for the hardware - they were numbered differently but contained the same code...but there was a warning not to run "old" code on "new" Avatar and vice versa. Perhaps that Service Bulletin was lost when Stern changed over to the new website.

Ok I see so it was one that was produced at the end of its licence days.

OK I see. I will not do any code updates (if any are even available) until I know for sure I wont mess anything up

#6 8 years ago

Were there any other hardware changes from early to late runs that anyone is aware of?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sharonville, OH
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-guess-avatar-was-rerun-code-question-too and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.