Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Mrtattooz
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9D441BCF-4699-48CA-9A16-CC87A63EB1B3 (resized).jpeg
    USPIS_Patch (resized).jpg
    9EDF1BDB-FA60-4522-AF17-E588B6A13D6A (resized).png
    362152897_d5ecd36b07_m (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    facebook951539815979413001 (resized).jpg
    El Dorado City of Snow.JPG
    MV5BMTc1OTQ0NzU3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTUyNzIxNzE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 12.22.13 PM (resized).png
    white trash (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 11.33.05 AM (resized).png
    IMG_0635 (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.23.17 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.15.05 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.07.02 AM (resized).png
    tumblr_ogywvvzqPm1to3moro1_500 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

Same guy offered to sell me a Bally Eight Ball PF. I got wary when the pictures I received were of a PF installed in a game.

#4 5 years ago

I'd call the Dudley MA police and report it as fraud. (508) 943-4411

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Because pinball people are dumb as stones.
    "Yes! I will gladly send you $10,000 for a pinball machine you have not even built a prototype of. That's a theme I've always wanted!"
    -
    A wanted ad on Mr Pinball is even more scammy, because YOU are telling the scammers what you are looking for; rather than the scammers putting an ad up first.

It is, however good deals from honest seller still exist. Needed a Bally chime unit for a SS pin and got one from Mr Pinball wanted ad for $24 delivered a couple weeks ago. Worked 100% to boot.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

I like Mr Pinball but it is chalked full of scammers. Maybe it is their antiquated process of uploading ads. I would call on a few too good to be true but never know ads and they would route to a google phone in Africa. People barely speak English, delayed responses over the line. I'm baffled as how scammers find their way into esoteric hobbies like pinball. You would think there is much easier pickings from basic household items on CList, etc.

They're everywhere. I run ads on CL "wanted to buy, Snap-On tools" and run them on the "for sale" category for more exposure from the "wanted" section. I constantly get texts the 1st couple days asking "Are your 'FAST CASH PAID FOR SNAP-ON TOOLS' still available for sale?"
    Seriously?

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

I Googled "Rode hard and put away wet", and there's her pic!

There isn't enough alcohol on this planet for me to ride that thing hard and I don't think she's even wet in the shower assuming they even have one that works!

#49 5 years ago

He's still trying to scam people. I emailed him back last night asking on a price on the Eight Ball PF he contacted me about. Responded back pretty quickly with $400. I don't know where he's getting the pictures he sends, I did a reverse image search on google and tin eye with zero hits.

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Start a Go Fund Me and post the link here. I'll bet you'll get your $300 back, and maybe some.

I disagree. Better money spent to bring a thief to justice than to pay the victim. I'd rather see the broken leg fund or as Vid suggested an OD.

#148 5 years ago

Been stringing him along on a Bally Eight Ball PF. Might just send an envelope full of a white powder substance, maybe he'll snort some. Recent emails, note he never will reveal location:

Money order will do

On Nov 30, 2018 4:56 AM, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

How do I pay then?

----- Original Message -----
    To: [email protected]
    Sent: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 21:22:57 -0500 (EST)
    Subject: Re: Bally Eight Ball playfield for sale

Don't have PayPal

On Nov 30, 2018 2:07 AM, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

Where are you located, if close to PA I might pick it up. Otherwise I can send paypal.

Sent: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 05:29:28 -0500 (EST)

$400

On Nov 28, 2018 11:34 PM, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

Price with shipping to zip 16870?

Sent: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 00:01:56 -0500 (EST)

Tony

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 3:45 PM [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Tony,

Is it still populated? Can you send a picture of the center ball rack area? Location? Thanks,

Tom

Sent: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 17:06:55 -0500 (EST)
    Subject: Bally Eight Ball playfield for sale

I have got one playfield for sale if you are still interested

Tony cotto

#153 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

maybe I should set up a fake email and start asking questions about pinball stuff.

Don't do that. I just asked him for an address to send the money order. We'll see. I'd like to send a tape recorder. "Hi Tony, I want to play a game. You been taking money from people without providing what you agreed to sell. You will now realize that stealing from other's causes pain. Your pain is coming." If he saw the "Saw" movies he'd shit.

#155 5 years ago

BOOM he responded:

Kimberly Cotto
    21 First AVE APT 7
    MA
    Dudley
    Let me know when it's out

Tony

#158 5 years ago

Going to send the tape recorder. I have one somewhere. And I will post pictures / videos before it mails.

#159 5 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Maybe ask for his phone number. Curious to see if it’s the one the OP called.

Will do, he / she's wanting the cash.

#164 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

This sounds like a very very bad idea... from a postal inspector point of view... threatening messages delivered by private carrier still might be a little high on the think-about-it-twice-O-meter... Don't use USPS... definitely not...

I definitely don't need a knock on the door by someone in uniform.

#170 5 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

NO! You should scam the scammer instead! Send him a fake money order and let him sell it off for his drugs. When his druggie suppliers catch that he is passing off bogus money orders they will take care of his ass! These things are obviously being cashed 3rd party.

they/she had cashed it at the First Essex Bank Branch of Santander Bank in Lawerence,MA

#175 5 years ago

I emailed "Tony" today and told him I sent a money order today. We'll see how he reacts when it never shows. Maybe his/her dealer will front some product.

#177 5 years ago

OP Dave, I assume you contacted the local police, where is that?

#179 5 years ago

Now he/she wants a tracking number on my payment that was never sent:

I just mailed it with a stamp.

Sent: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 01:34:12 -0500 (EST)

Always used FedEx... What's the tracking number?
    On Dec 1, 2018 11:32 PM, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
    Mailed it today. What carrier will you be using for shipment?

#184 5 years ago

He/she is a demanding SOB:

Sent: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 09:12:23 -0500 (EST)

Alright send me a snapshot of the transaction receipt

#185 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Well Custom charges for the backglass is 150.00, but not to worry

What custom charges?

#208 5 years ago

I hit a brick wall after we wanted the receipt for the money order I never sent. My last email to him:

Where is the backglass you took money from Dave in CA? I think you're a thief who will soon have the police chasing your ass.

#211 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

I should have given you a copy of mine receipt.

It would have to been for $400

#213 5 years ago

My last email to him/her or whatever:

I really despise low life thieves. Do you even realize you've been outed on the Mr Pinball site you troll? Check the "Scam" section so realize your days of stealing money are soon done. Every night you go to sleep, you must fear the sound of the police banging on the door of whatever shit hole that hides your dumb ass. The steel cuffs will soon be on your wrists. Karma is the ultimate BITCH and she will soon be visiting you. Think about this or you'll be looking thru the bars that will soon be your home. Do the right thing before it's too late and repay the people you've stolen from. Your prison sentence will be shorter...… Your choice.

#239 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Aaand he's probably in the wind now. Not a good idea to tip the guy off even if it feels good doing it. Makes it harder to catch him.

I disagree. This scumbag has contacted me and OP offering to sell stuff he doesn't have. I called him out also to hopefully dissuade him from duping other people on Mr Pinball who are not using this site. Lots of pin people aren't. If I scared him by telling him the police were on to him, he may stop ripping others off. And he/she isn't in the wind, they have been using the same address and it's verifiable on the net. Easy pickings for the police if they're motivated to do so.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-scammed-from-an-add-on-mr-pinball-classified?tu=tomdrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.