Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Mrtattooz
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9D441BCF-4699-48CA-9A16-CC87A63EB1B3 (resized).jpeg
    USPIS_Patch (resized).jpg
    9EDF1BDB-FA60-4522-AF17-E588B6A13D6A (resized).png
    362152897_d5ecd36b07_m (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    facebook951539815979413001 (resized).jpg
    El Dorado City of Snow.JPG
    MV5BMTc1OTQ0NzU3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTUyNzIxNzE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 12.22.13 PM (resized).png
    white trash (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 11.33.05 AM (resized).png
    IMG_0635 (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.23.17 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.15.05 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.07.02 AM (resized).png
    tumblr_ogywvvzqPm1to3moro1_500 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jethrop.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#105 5 years ago

Start a Go Fund Me and post the link here. I'll bet you'll get your $300 back, and maybe some.

#116 5 years ago

I was serious about the gofundme. Just figured our pinside friend got scammed at least his friends could each offer up a few bucks we could make him whole. What the heck, there's a multimillionaire on pinside taking in thousands a month in income from his arcade and he came right out and asked for donations...and people gave...hundred dollar bills at a whack!

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Obviously if you feel that way, you have never been to the PHOF, or you would understand why we were happy to join as members.

Sorry friend, I went to the PHOF earlier this year for the first time, anticipating to donate $100. I left there very disappointed and did not donate. Every one of the games I played were in need of maintenance. And some if the games I wanted to play were just plain turned off and out of service. Why expand to a bigger building just to add more broken pinball machines? It's nice Tim donates to a worthy cause, but in my opinion, the donations should come AFTER the proper maintenance has been performed on the games. I made my donation directly to the Salvation Army upon return home.

#125 5 years ago

Yes. Vegas. I've seen the posting on the "closing of the PHOF". Some people like it, some don't. I'm just saying I was disappointed because I anticipated playing the games listed in the Gottlieb collection...and when I got there they were a mess or totally unplayable. Anyway, my posting was about donating money to (I'm assuming) a non-millionaire who isn't taking in thousands a month in revenue. I'll donate to bicyclenut and he can use the money for a replacement backglass or whatever. Gofundme or PM me with your address and I'll send a check. And thanks for alerting the pinball community of a scammer.

#199 5 years ago

I don't think the police will do anything. I recall a few years ago my neighbor had their car stolen (fairly new Mercedes) and they even witnessed the thief getting in the car and driving away. Two weeks later the car was recovered, dirty, having scratched up paint and broken mirrors. Cleaning up the car the owner found a driver's license under the floor mat....the driver's license of the thief! They brought that to the police department attention, but nothing ever came of it. I guess the DA or whoever didn't care to prosecute. If the police don't care to arrest a thief for stealing a car worth thousands, why would they do anything about a backglass? I hope the OP has friends that can stake out the thief and offer up some well deserved punishment.

#220 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

...which can become harder when you tell them specifically that the 5-0 is coming
    The police like easy collars when it comes to low-level criminals. They're probably not going to invest a lot of time with catching small potatoes.

So true. You want justice in this case, unfortunately you would have to take the law into your own hands.

#246 5 years ago

Guess that's why the trunk monkey was invented...gitcha one.

3 weeks later
    #269 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wharhed:

Where in Washington is it “going”?

I believe it's going to Timbuktu, Washington.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jethrop.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-scammed-from-an-add-on-mr-pinball-classified?tu=jethrop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.