Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Mrtattooz
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9D441BCF-4699-48CA-9A16-CC87A63EB1B3 (resized).jpeg
    USPIS_Patch (resized).jpg
    9EDF1BDB-FA60-4522-AF17-E588B6A13D6A (resized).png
    362152897_d5ecd36b07_m (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    facebook951539815979413001 (resized).jpg
    El Dorado City of Snow.JPG
    MV5BMTc1OTQ0NzU3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTUyNzIxNzE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 12.22.13 PM (resized).png
    white trash (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 11.33.05 AM (resized).png
    IMG_0635 (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.23.17 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.15.05 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.07.02 AM (resized).png
    tumblr_ogywvvzqPm1to3moro1_500 (resized).jpg
    There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 5 years ago

Donnie, you're out of your element.

#252 5 years ago
    Quoted from davideokills:

I can do the work making one. I made an El Dorado City of Gold backglass a while back but it was just from an internet photo that I cleaned up. If I can find that file it has all of the display boxes mapped out which will make it easier. Its about $150 to print the image to plexiglass with a week or so turn around.

I can do photshop. I just need good scans of the artwork. I have made translights before. But I might take you up on this. Thank you.

#253 5 years ago

I've seen a lot of spinals, Dude... And this guy's a fake.

#254 5 years ago
    Quoted from Monte:

You know, the sleepy ass po po, that don’t do shit or if you squeaky wheel they’ll do more shit. Well, the postal cops have only one primary focus, stuff dealing with mail. So vid has a point to help. However, all this lackadaisical law enforcement, has a little more to it than you think.
    Cops in departments across the country have to deal with every criminal allegation. It must be investigated. That workload would blow your mind. So, to be successfully be charged. It has to to have probable cause. And there’s filters that decide what goes to court and what doesn’t. Or you might think you have the evidence to prove that the earth is flat and you become frustrated because they don’t seem to care. It’s because they know how the system works and what can be proven in what can’t be proven in the criminal courts. Which, by the way is beyond a reasonable doubt for conviction. So,that might be part of the reason, why when you call and nothings going on with the case or they seem to have no empathy to your frustration.
    Obviously, you have proof to support one end of the alleged fraud. Now, if they do charge these shitheads with a crime. (That being the police.) It’s up to the states attorneys office whether or not they will proceed to court. Then, they have to go to the initial hearing which, is an arraignment in front of a judge to determine if the evidence supports the probable cause and issue a warrant if needed. (Defendant(s) not present)
    If the alleged criminals show up to defend the allegations. The judge will decide if there’s enough evidence against them to transfer case to the court call in the criminal court where they can ask for a trial by jury or a bench trial.
    Usually, at this point the judge and the state attorney and the public defender or private attorney will all be in cahoots to see if the case is even worth pursuing because of the load of all the cases in the criminal court.
    The judge at that point, depending on weight of the evidence and background of defendant/sympathies do influence their decisions. They might toss the case or they just slap them on the wrist and make them pay a fine and put them on probation. They also could strike it off the docket with a reinstate.
    It is misdemeanor and it’s below $1000. Your chances of a Johnnie Cochran case will be more money to the taxpayers than the shit sandwich you were forced to eat in the first place.
    Sometimes it has nothing to do with cops being lazy it has to do with the legal system in the way it’s set up. Thus, the illusion and the false narrative for hatred of cops always blows my mind.
    In a perfect world. Our legal system is absolutely perfect in this country if everybody participated in it with 100% integrity. Unfortunately it’s not the magic bullet that everybody believes it to be and it’s easier to make cops look like the problem.

I started typing something similar to this (a little more brief ) and remembered a thread a few years back in which I defended law enforcement and it showed me the ugly side of a few pinsiders that I had respected up to that point. I decided I'd rather not know some of the things people believe on here and just stick to our collective interest in pinball. I don't come on here spouting negativity about anyone's profession, and I don't care to read it from others.

#255 5 years ago

bicyclenut - Replied to your DM with a link to the scans. Good luck!

#256 5 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

https://www.419eater.com/html/bigman.htm
    We need to figure out how to turn it around on them. The link above is to a hysterically funny example of "flipping the script".

Holy cow, I read the entire e-mail correspondence. Quite an elaborate story that dragged the scammer along a lot longer than I thought he would put up with. It actually had a well thought out plot. Wood carvings, fake billboards, movies, fictitious people in jail, police chief, a lawyer. Good heavens, it was like reading a book!

#257 5 years ago

Update: I called the Postal Inspector to file a claim and they told me to fill out the form on their website, which I had already done. They said they would contact me if they needed more info. Soooo thats where it's at. I also sent another email to "Tony" for giggles asking if they have shipped out my glass yet......no response.

#258 5 years ago

Update: I got a message from Tony lastnight that states:
    "Hello the glass was mispackaged along with some goods going to WA so i've put in almost 300miles trying to get this fixed."
    Tony

WHATEVER!

#259 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Hello the glass was mispackaged along with some goods going to WA so i've put in almost 300miles trying to get this fixed

Riggggggggght

Thanks for the updated bicyclenut!

#260 5 years ago

I got my fingers crossed!

#261 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

"Hello the glass was mispackaged along with some goods going to WA so i've put in almost 300miles trying to get this fixed."
    Tony
    WHATEVER!

Here's where you say, "That's a shame. You know, just send my money back and we'll call it a wash, no harm, no foul."

#262 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

Here's where you say, "That's a shame. You know, just send my money back and we'll call it a wash, no harm, no foul.

This is what I sent back:
    "That's to bad....sorry to hear of such difficulties. You can just send my money back and we can call it a wash. No harm no foul."

waiting for a response...

#263 5 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

I got my fingers crossed!

OH GRUMPY you're so optimistic.

#264 5 years ago

I rarely chime in. Many suggestions are partially accurate, and some are just ludicrous but funny.
    22 years of Military, Law Enforcement and being a private detective, my suggestion has worked many times for my agency in the past.

Hire a PI, who will set up a sting op to buy said goods. Everything will be documented, researched and recorded. To include manned video surveillance of the low life’s walking to mailbox and tailing them and video recording them cashing it) All which is admissible evidence. (You MUST be a licensed and bonded PI-sorry DIY’ers)
    There are many ways to catch these low lifes to slip up. When they do, the evidence is presented to local police department for a slam dunk. In the highly unlikely event they wouldn’t take the case, you can file in the local magistrate against them ($110 filing fee) yourself, and win a judgement. Now we can all agree you can’t get blood from a stone (or a penny from a crackhead) but if we are talking principle here, it is worth it in my eyes.
    Will the cost of an investigation surpass $400 your out? Yes for sure. But here’s where our community maybe steps up with the donations to fund it.

If anyone find themselves in this situation and has not publicly shared it on the internet and would like advice, contact me directly.

#265 5 years ago

If we could really get this on video I’m in for helping fund a Pinside COPS episode

#266 5 years ago
    9D441BCF-4699-48CA-9A16-CC87A63EB1B3 (resized).jpeg9D441BCF-4699-48CA-9A16-CC87A63EB1B3 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #267 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Tony
    WHATEVER!

Where in Washington is it “going”? I’m in the Tacoma / Seattle area and would be happy to meet the recipient to snag your glass and get it back on the road to you.

All assuming what he said is factual.

#268 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wharhed:

#269 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wharhed:

Where in Washington is it “going”?

I believe it's going to Timbuktu, Washington.

#270 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wharhed:

Where in Washington is it “going”? I’m in the Tacoma / Seattle area and would be happy to meet the recipient to snag your glass and get it back on the road to you.

Thanks for the offer, this person has gone silent. I got scammed. No BG

1 month later
    #271 5 years ago

Any update? I was really hoping for a happy ending or a perp walk.

#272 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Any update? I was really hoping for a happy ending or a perp walk.

Ha! no update. No communication and nothing from any law enforcement. I did sent out a few emails asking if it was shipped, but nothin. Thanks for asking....still havent found a backglass for my game. Im not going to create a translite for the game

1 year later
    #273 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

No, that was a different broad [quoted image]

That's not very nice. I'm sure she's prettier than anything you've ever been with!!!!

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-scammed-from-an-add-on-mr-pinball-classified/page/6?hl=jethrop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.