Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Mrtattooz
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9D441BCF-4699-48CA-9A16-CC87A63EB1B3 (resized).jpeg
    USPIS_Patch (resized).jpg
    9EDF1BDB-FA60-4522-AF17-E588B6A13D6A (resized).png
    362152897_d5ecd36b07_m (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    facebook951539815979413001 (resized).jpg
    El Dorado City of Snow.JPG
    MV5BMTc1OTQ0NzU3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTUyNzIxNzE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 12.22.13 PM (resized).png
    white trash (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 11.33.05 AM (resized).png
    IMG_0635 (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.23.17 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.15.05 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.07.02 AM (resized).png
    tumblr_ogywvvzqPm1to3moro1_500 (resized).jpg
    There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 5 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Is this your homework Larry?
    [quoted image]

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the creedence or the tape deck. Love me some Big Lebowski

#202 5 years ago

I sent another email asking for an update or tracking number and nothing. I hope tomdrum gets somewhere.

#203 5 years ago

Deleted

#204 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Remind me again why you won't call the cops?

I already did and filed a report

#205 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Remind me again why you won't call the cops?

Quoted from bicyclenut:

UPDATE: Contacted Dudley MA police department. They told me I need to contact my local police department first and then my local police department will follow up with Dudley police. So thats what I did. Ill keep everyone posted if any new action happens.

#206 5 years ago

I still have to find that stupid backglass or translight for a game I'm fixing to sell. I hope they/she gets theirs in the end!

#207 5 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Is this your homework Larry?
    [quoted image]

you see what happens larry?!?!

#208 5 years ago

I hit a brick wall after we wanted the receipt for the money order I never sent. My last email to him:

Where is the backglass you took money from Dave in CA? I think you're a thief who will soon have the police chasing your ass.

#209 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Where is the backglass you took money from Dave in CA? I think you're a thief who will soon have the police chasing your ass.

OH SWEET!! This is great

#210 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I hit a brick wall after we wanted the receipt for the money order I never sent.

I should have given you a copy of mine receipt.

#211 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

I should have given you a copy of mine receipt.

It would have to been for $400

#212 5 years ago

Send them this for Christmas...

9EDF1BDB-FA60-4522-AF17-E588B6A13D6A (resized).png9EDF1BDB-FA60-4522-AF17-E588B6A13D6A (resized).png
    #213 5 years ago

My last email to him/her or whatever:

I really despise low life thieves. Do you even realize you've been outed on the Mr Pinball site you troll? Check the "Scam" section so realize your days of stealing money are soon done. Every night you go to sleep, you must fear the sound of the police banging on the door of whatever shit hole that hides your dumb ass. The steel cuffs will soon be on your wrists. Karma is the ultimate BITCH and she will soon be visiting you. Think about this or you'll be looking thru the bars that will soon be your home. Do the right thing before it's too late and repay the people you've stolen from. Your prison sentence will be shorter...… Your choice.

#214 5 years ago

She might have stolen 300 bucks from you but Kimberly Cotto stole my virginity.

Sorry man I hate thieves and I still got a nasty itch

#215 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I really despise low life thieves. Do you even realize you've been outed on the Mr Pinball site you troll? Check the "Scam" section so realize your days of stealing money are soon done. Every night you go to sleep, you must fear the sound of the police banging on the door of whatever shit hole that hides your dumb ass. The steel cuffs will soon be on your wrists. Karma is the ultimate BITCH and she will soon be visiting you. Think about this or you'll be looking thru the bars that will soon be your home. Do the right thing before it's too late and repay the people you've stolen from. Your prison sentence will be shorter...… Your choice.

OMG YES!!!!!
    this is RAD thanks

#216 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

My last email to him/her or whatever:

Aaand he's probably in the wind now. Not a good idea to tip the guy off even if it feels good doing it. Makes it harder to catch him.

#217 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I hit a brick wall after we wanted the receipt for the money order I never sent. My last email to him:

Instead of a receipt, you should have sent them a box of poop, a glitter bomb, or my personal favorite, a "dickhead trophy."

There is still time!

https://www.ruindays.com/collections/all

#218 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Aaand he's probably in the wind now. Not a good idea to tip the guy off even if it feels good doing it. Makes it harder to catch him.

This is true, but law enforcement have their location and numbers. They/she keep asking people to send payment to the same place. They don't seem very good at covering their tracks. It's up to law enforcement to go after them. Not much more I/we can do.....legally. I'm sure they/she will change their email address and keep running their scam until more people report it or law enforcement feel they want to investigate. They/she use a Text now number for phone calls. So they/she are discussing their number they give their victims which can be changed easily within the app. However, I provided her actual cell number that I got her voicemail on to the police.

#219 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

It's up to law enforcement to go after them.

...which can become harder when you tell them specifically that the 5-0 is coming

The police like easy collars when it comes to low-level criminals. They're probably not going to invest a lot of time with catching small potatoes.

#220 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

...which can become harder when you tell them specifically that the 5-0 is coming
    The police like easy collars when it comes to low-level criminals. They're probably not going to invest a lot of time with catching small potatoes.

So true. You want justice in this case, unfortunately you would have to take the law into your own hands.

#221 5 years ago

You should update this thread with a poll to see wether or not the police will do anything. My vote would be no (sorry, i'm negative nellie today... )

#222 5 years ago

I am afraid the only thing you will get if you try and squeeze these two is a bucket of sweat and unidentifiable bodily fluids, and none of it will be blood. They are shameless sociopaths on a meth or opiod fueled bender and no amout of ridicule, shame, poop bombs, or police involement is going to change that.

Petty criminals get away with petty theft because it is all right there in the name- petty. Although the entertainment value has been the only positive outcome here... not sure the OP would agree it was worth it. I still got $3 bux I will send ya for the laughs. Honest offer. And good luck on your continued search for that elusive backglass, which is the real downer in all this.

#223 5 years ago

I knew it was a loss the moment they didn't reply to my emails. My point was just to make all of you aware so you didn't fall victim as I did. I'm doubtful the police will follow up and investigate these small potatoes. I'm 100% sure I will never receive my backglass or money back. $300 isn't going to break me but it stings. I went through the proper channels of reporting this just for the sake of it being on file in case they are ever caught for this crime or another. YES, this thread has been fun with all the jokes....money well spent.

#224 5 years ago

Just a thought but since you know these 2 crooks names, address and phone #'s you should reach out to the local parole board. While it's more than likely the local pd probably won't chase these clowns down a parole officer most certainly will. I'm willing to bet at least one of them is on some sort of supervised release.

#225 5 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

So true. You want justice in this case, unfortunately you would have to take the law into your own hands.

Not necessarily into your own hands, but enough solid evidence presented to the police on a silver platter to make an easy collar. Something more substantial than "hey, these guys scammed me" and expecting them to do the leg work.

That's not to say that this is the way all cases are typically handled, but can be for smaller stuff when they have much more serious cases on the docket. It's just a matter of prioritization and allocation of resources.

#226 5 years ago

Things like this are very frustrating. Like you said the $300 isn’t going to break you but it sure as hell pisses you off.

I went through a similar thing last year when buying a dog, the breeder was a “reputable “ breeder and took my 250 deposit for a dog and when the litter came in he decided he wanted to keep my dog and then said my deposit was non refundable per his site and terms.

Again it didn’t break me but is makes my blood boil when I think about it.

Good luck in your endeavor for repayment. I live fairly local and would love to run in to this scumbag just to let them know they are just that!

#227 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hdmike444:

Things like this are very frustrating. Like you said the $300 isn’t going to break you but it sure as hell pisses you off.
    I went through a similar thing last year when buying a dog, the breeder was a “reputable “ breeder and took my 250 deposit for a dog and when the litter came in he decided he wanted to keep my dog and then said my deposit was non refundable per his site and terms.
    Again it didn’t break me but is makes my blood boil when I think about it.
    Good luck in your endeavor for repayment. I live fairly local and would love to run in to this scumbag just to let them know they are just that!

Dudley is around 35 minutes from you. Why don't you pay a visit?

#228 5 years ago

I break a window in the empty house
    I slip inside and begin to douse
    The whole place with the fuel that will feed the fire
    And push back the night, taking me higher

On out of the darkness in a defeaning roar
    The match in my hand is the key to the door
    A simple turn of the wrist will suffice
    To open a passage to paradise

I pause, I think about the past and the gloom
    The smell of gasoline permeates the room
    Everyone has a little secret he keeps
    I light the fires while the city sleeps

The match makes a graceful arc to the floor
    And time stands still as I turn for the door
    Which explodes in a fireball and throws me to the street
    I hit the ground running with the flames at my feet

Reaching for the night which recoils from the fire
    The raindrops hiss like a devilish choir
    Dying in the flames with a terrible sound
    Calling all the names of the sleepers all around

But then in the arms of the night, they lay
    Their dreams sprout wings and fly away
    Out of the houses in a gathering flock
    Swarming overhead as I hurry down the block

I make my escape with the greatest of ease
    And savor the darkness, drop to my knees

#229 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I break a window in the empty house
    I slip inside and begin to douse
    The whole place with the fuel that will feed the fire
    And push back the night, taking me higher
    On out of the darkness in a defeaning roar
    The match in my hand is the key to the door
    A simple turn of the wrist will suffice
    To open a passage to paradise
    I pause, I think about the past and the gloom
    The smell of gasoline permeates the room
    Everyone has a little secret he keeps
    I light the fires while the city sleeps
    The match makes a graceful arc to the floor
    And time stands still as I turn for the door
    Which explodes in a fireball and throws me to the street
    I hit the ground running with the flames at my feet
    Reaching for the night which recoils from the fire
    The raindrops hiss like a devilish choir
    Dying in the flames with a terrible sound
    Calling all the names of the sleepers all around
    But then in the arms of the night, they lay
    Their dreams sprout wings and fly away
    Out of the houses in a gathering flock
    Swarming overhead as I hurry down the block
    I make my escape with the greatest of ease
    And savor the darkness, drop to my knees

Don't bring a gas can or matches. just a go pro to record your adventure.

#230 5 years ago

Well, Nancy, uh, I hope their mobile home don't catch fire and burn down now... good thing we are not on a public forum talking about it... what was that? Oliver North is calling? I'll take it on St Pete's extension, he's not using it...

#231 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinsterwmass:

Don't bring a gas can or matches. just a go pro to record your adventure.

My professional acquaintances use jumbo bags of potato chips.

Crazy hot fire, and no accelerants to alert the dogs

Wireless gopro are the best no doubt

#232 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinsterwmass:

Dudley is around 35 minutes from you. Why don't you pay a visit?

Because with my luck the police will actually do something about it when I go. Don’t need that.

#233 5 years ago

I feel like all the joking and threats from outside parties really killed any chance of whatever case you had going with getting a glass or money back. Should've kept 1000x times more quiet about it and not had anybody else messing with them in the first place.

Reading this made me cringe, these last few pages were awful for what you're trying to achieve!

#234 5 years ago

I knew I wouldn't get my glass or money back before I started this thread. They went silent once they had my money. Later they responded just to string me along. They had to of known I was going to file a report, I think they just don't care and/or was hoping I wouldn't. At this point there is nothing I can do or want anyone to do for me other than the police. Even if they said " I have the glass come pick it up" I would t want someone going over there. We don't know what these people are capable of and it's just not worth any of you compromising your life or situation over $300 or a backglass. As much as I appreciate the offers, it's not worth it. It's in the hands of the police now.

#235 5 years ago

My biggest advice is the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I have been in a situation where I had property damaged we knew who did it and gave everything to 5-0. The po po wouldn’t have done shit, but I was the squeaky wheel and the they probably got tired of hearing from me so guess what, they did their job but only because I made them do it. So don’t be afraid to call them every so often and ask them were they are at with your case.

#236 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I feel like all the joking and threats from outside parties really killed any chance of whatever case you had going with getting a glass or money back. Should've kept 1000x times more quiet about it and not had anybody else messing with them in the first place.
    Reading this made me cringe, these last few pages were awful for what you're trying to achieve!

You must have never need the police good luck if you ever do.

#237 5 years ago

The US Postal Inspectors are much more likely to do something than the sleepy ass police

Call 1-877-876-2455 (press option “4” to report mail fraud).

USPIS_Patch (resized).jpgUSPIS_Patch (resized).jpg
    #238 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The US Postal Inspectors are much more likely to do something than the sleepy ass police

Call 1-877-876-2455 (press option “4” to report mail fraud).

Thank you sir! I filed a report with them but I will call tomorrow.

#239 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I disagree. This scumbag has contacted me and OP offering to sell stuff he doesn't have. I called him out also to hopefully dissuade him from duping other people on Mr Pinball who are not using this site. Lots of pin people aren't. If I scared him by telling him the police were on to him, he may stop ripping others off. And he/she isn't in the wind, they have been using the same address and it's verifiable on the net. Easy pickings for the police if they're motivated to do so.

#240 5 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

It was a lost cause a while ago. Everyone realized that including OP. It was more about f’ing with the scumbag. We could try to help the OP and start a gofundme? You have some experience with those, right? Pfft...

#241 5 years ago

Wow, what a ride for a backglass. I completely understand though. My first pin was El Dorado: city of gold and it had a bad backglass too. I spent so much time trying to find a replacement.

I can’t remember who hooked me up with high res scans, but I ended up finding a good backglass and shelving plans to do anything with the scans.

If you know anybody who can stitch the scans together and clean up the image, I’m happy to share them. Just hoping somebody shares the results or makes a product available for others to purchase.

#242 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

My professional acquaintances use jumbo bags of potato chips.
    Crazy hot fire, and no accelerants

Potato chips are flammable?

I better watch out at the next BBQ!

rd

#243 5 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Potato chips are flammable?

I better watch out at the next BBQ!

I knew as soon as that video started that those kids were going to ruin their mother's table with that many chips in the roasting pan.

#244 5 years ago

I found it easier to start a campfire with doritos than newspaper. Just a few chips, and away it goes.

#245 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

My biggest advice is the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I have been in a situation where I had property damaged we knew who did it and gave everything to 5-0. The po po wouldn’t have done shit, but I was the squeaky wheel and the they probably got tired of hearing from me so guess what, they did their job but only because I made them do it. So don’t be afraid to call them every so often and ask them were they are at with your case.

Quoted from vid1900:

Call 1-877-876-2455 (press option “4” to report mail fraud).[quoted image]

You know, the sleepy ass po po, that don’t do shit or if you squeaky wheel they’ll do more shit. Well, the postal cops have only one primary focus, stuff dealing with mail. So vid has a point to help. However, all this lackadaisical law enforcement, has a little more to it than you think.

Cops in departments across the country have to deal with every criminal allegation. It must be investigated. That workload would blow your mind. So, to be successfully be charged. It has to to have probable cause. And there’s filters that decide what goes to court and what doesn’t. Or you might think you have the evidence to prove that the earth is flat and you become frustrated because they don’t seem to care. It’s because they know how the system works and what can be proven in what can’t be proven in the criminal courts. Which, by the way is beyond a reasonable doubt for conviction. So,that might be part of the reason, why when you call and nothings going on with the case or they seem to have no empathy to your frustration.

Obviously, you have proof to support one end of the alleged fraud. Now, if they do charge these shitheads with a crime. (That being the police.) It’s up to the states attorneys office whether or not they will proceed to court. Then, they have to go to the initial hearing which, is an arraignment in front of a judge to determine if the evidence supports the probable cause and issue a warrant if needed. (Defendant(s) not present)

If the alleged criminals show up to defend the allegations. The judge will decide if there’s enough evidence against them to transfer case to the court call in the criminal court where they can ask for a trial by jury or a bench trial.

Usually, at this point the judge and the state attorney and the public defender or private attorney will all be in cahoots to see if the case is even worth pursuing because of the load of all the cases in the criminal court.

The judge at that point, depending on weight of the evidence and background of defendant/sympathies do influence their decisions. They might toss the case or they just slap them on the wrist and make them pay a fine and put them on probation. They also could strike it off the docket with a reinstate.

It is misdemeanor and it’s below $1000. Your chances of a Johnnie Cochran case will be more money to the taxpayers than the shit sandwich you were forced to eat in the first place.

Sometimes it has nothing to do with cops being lazy it has to do with the legal system in the way it’s set up. Thus, the illusion and the false narrative for hatred of cops always blows my mind.

In a perfect world. Our legal system is absolutely perfect in this country if everybody participated in it with 100% integrity. Unfortunately it’s not the magic bullet that everybody believes it to be and it’s easier to make cops look like the problem.

#246 5 years ago

Guess that's why the trunk monkey was invented...gitcha one.

#247 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wharhed:

Wow, what a ride for a backglass. I completely understand though. My first pin was El Dorado: city of gold and it had a bad backglass too. I spent so much time trying to find a replacement.
    I can’t remember who hooked me up with high res scans, but I ended up finding a good backglass and shelving plans to do anything with the scans.
    If you know anybody who can stitch the scans together and clean up the image, I’m happy to share them. Just hoping somebody shares the results or makes a product available for others to purchase.

I can do the work making one. I made an El Dorado City of Gold backglass a while back but it was just from an internet photo that I cleaned up. If I can find that file it has all of the display boxes mapped out which will make it easier. Its about $150 to print the image to plexiglass with a week or so turn around.

#248 5 years ago
    Quoted from davideokills:

I can do the work making one. I made an El Dorado City of Gold backglass a while back but it was just from an internet photo that I cleaned up. If I can find that file it has all of the display boxes mapped out which will make it easier. Its about $150 to print the image to plexiglass with a week or so turn around.

NOW we're getting someplace!

#249 5 years ago
    Quoted from Monte:

In a perfect world. Our legal system is absolutely perfect in this country if everybody participated in it with 100% integrity. Unfortunately it’s not the magic bullet that everybody believes it to be and it’s easier to make cops look like the problem.

Yeah, well... That's just like, your opinion, Man...

#250 5 years ago

https://www.419eater.com/html/bigman.htm

We need to figure out how to turn it around on them. The link above is to a hysterically funny example of "flipping the script".

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-scammed-from-an-add-on-mr-pinball-classified/page/5?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.