Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Mrtattooz
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9D441BCF-4699-48CA-9A16-CC87A63EB1B3 (resized).jpeg
    USPIS_Patch (resized).jpg
    9EDF1BDB-FA60-4522-AF17-E588B6A13D6A (resized).png
    362152897_d5ecd36b07_m (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    facebook951539815979413001 (resized).jpg
    El Dorado City of Snow.JPG
    MV5BMTc1OTQ0NzU3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTUyNzIxNzE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 12.22.13 PM (resized).png
    white trash (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 11.33.05 AM (resized).png
    IMG_0635 (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.23.17 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.15.05 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.07.02 AM (resized).png
    tumblr_ogywvvzqPm1to3moro1_500 (resized).jpg

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 5 years ago

I say keep him on the hook and keep a low profile... feed this info back to OP quiet like, and not make them jumpy. Don’t want them to rabbit on you. If he gets too many offers for stuff now, he might get suspicious if he has that much grey matter left...he looks like he is down a quart or two on the IQ dip stick...

#152 5 years ago

maybe I should set up a fake email and start asking questions about pinball stuff.

#153 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

maybe I should set up a fake email and start asking questions about pinball stuff.

Don't do that. I just asked him for an address to send the money order. We'll see. I'd like to send a tape recorder. "Hi Tony, I want to play a game. You been taking money from people without providing what you agreed to sell. You will now realize that stealing from other's causes pain. Your pain is coming." If he saw the "Saw" movies he'd shit.

#154 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Don't do that. I just asked him for an address to send the money order. We'll see. I'd like to send a tape recorder. "Hi Tony, I want to play a game. You been taking money from people without providing what you agreed to sell. You will now realize that stealing from other's causes pain. Your pain is coming." If he saw the "Saw" movies he'd shit.

Spooky shit.....I love it.

#155 5 years ago

BOOM he responded:

Kimberly Cotto
    21 First AVE APT 7
    MA
    Dudley
    Let me know when it's out

Tony

#156 5 years ago

Send the player with a little card that says “play me”
    Any goodwill should have one.

#157 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

BOOM he responded:
    Kimberly Cotto
    21 First AVE APT 7
    MA
    Dudley
    Let me know when it's out
    Tony

Maybe ask for his phone number. Curious to see if it’s the one the OP called.

#158 5 years ago

Going to send the tape recorder. I have one somewhere. And I will post pictures / videos before it mails.

#159 5 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Maybe ask for his phone number. Curious to see if it’s the one the OP called.

Will do, he / she's wanting the cash.

#160 5 years ago

OMG, that video is so funny!

#161 5 years ago

tomdrum this is getting good! Can't wait to see what happened. BTW, is this not the most entertaining thread on Pinside? I think so.

#163 5 years ago

This sounds like a very very bad idea... from a postal inspector point of view... threatening messages delivered by private carrier still might be a little high on the think-about-it-twice-O-meter... Don't use USPS... definitely not...

Now on the other hand, my evil genius would be off the charts... I might send them a cell phone then call it after it was delivered... no actual threat through the mail, only once they get it via airwaves... an arguable legal point in your favor.

#164 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

This sounds like a very very bad idea... from a postal inspector point of view... threatening messages delivered by private carrier still might be a little high on the think-about-it-twice-O-meter... Don't use USPS... definitely not...

I definitely don't need a knock on the door by someone in uniform.

#165 5 years ago

Using a cell phone to make a threat is illegal,my nephew was charged and convicted for it so be careful what you say and don't threaten with bodily harm just be really creepy.

#166 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

Yea, and if surprisingly they actually have the glass (It's yours. It's paid for), asked the Police to bring it to the station and
    the Friend an hour away can pick it up there where it'll certainly be safe. If the glass isn't to be found once asked, well then
    the Cops will know 100% what's going on..

The only real glass in this whole exchange is the crystal meth type. There is no backglass

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bwilson:

This exactly. I'll never go back to the PHOF... Tim spent most of his time walking down the aisles and covertly sniffing people from behind while they were playing pinball....Guess what dude people smoke pot in Vegas... not sure what he was sniffing for but it was really awkward. I'm only guessing he was looking for some who reeked of pot... guess what man... it was me!

Lol I got a friend who got thrown out of there for smelling like pot.

I mean, he had just smoked a ton of pot. And it’s not a lifetime ban or anything!

#168 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

The only real glass in this whole exchange is the crystal meth type. There is no backglass

RIGHT! Im still going to keep sending emails asking for a tracking number. I know, I know, Im hard core! hehe

#169 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Going to send the tape recorder. I have one somewhere. And I will post pictures / videos before it mails.

NO! You should scam the scammer instead! Send him a fake money order and let him sell it off for his drugs. When his druggie suppliers catch that he is passing off bogus money orders they will take care of his ass! These things are obviously being cashed 3rd party.

#170 5 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

NO! You should scam the scammer instead! Send him a fake money order and let him sell it off for his drugs. When his druggie suppliers catch that he is passing off bogus money orders they will take care of his ass! These things are obviously being cashed 3rd party.

they/she had cashed it at the First Essex Bank Branch of Santander Bank in Lawerence,MA

#171 5 years ago

Pay to the order of.......then try proving the third party knew of the scam.

#172 5 years ago

I just bought a pin off mr pinball. I hope i dont have any problems. I paid via PayPal goods and services (so i should ve protected there), and set up a shipper. The shipper and the seller haven't set up a pickup date yet, and it is getting me a bit concerned. I set up a "white glove" shipper (so they do all wrapping/packaging), so all the guy has to do is be present for the pickup. It has been a week.

What amount of time is reasonable to expect the seller and shipper to set up a pickup date?

#173 5 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I just bought a pin off mr pinball. I hope i dont have any problems. I paid via PayPal goods and services (so i should ve protected there), and set up a shipper. The shipper and the seller haven't set up a pickup date yet, and it is getting me a bit concerned. I set up a "white glove" shipper (so they do all wrapping/packaging), so all the guy has to do is be present for the pickup. It has been a week.
    What amount of time is reasonable to expect the seller and shipper to set up a pickup date?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-not-get-ripped-off-in-pinball-vids-guide

#174 5 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I wouldn't worry yet... the shipping companies (I imagine you used STI?) are way behind and have been for awhile... the Christmas Season can't be making it any quicker either. Was there anything else shady about the deal? Did the person on the other end seem like they were a pinhead and knew about the machine (less likely to be a generic scammer) ?

#175 5 years ago

I emailed "Tony" today and told him I sent a money order today. We'll see how he reacts when it never shows. Maybe his/her dealer will front some product.

#176 5 years ago
    Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

I wouldn't worry yet... the shipping companies (I imagine you used STI?) are way behind and have been for awhile... the Christmas Season can't be making it any quicker either. Was there anything else shady about the deal? Did the person on the other end seem like they were a pinhead and knew about the machine (less likely to be a generic scammer) ?

I asked him a few questions, and he seemed knowledgable. The pics were good, matching/consistent with the background and pin details, and they didnt show up in any reverse imaging.
    I did use STI as well, so that should help make it easy (so he doesnt have to palletize and wrap)

#177 5 years ago

OP Dave, I assume you contacted the local police, where is that?

#178 5 years ago

Definitely call the police. They most likely already know who she is. I hate scumbags like this!

#179 5 years ago

Now he/she wants a tracking number on my payment that was never sent:

I just mailed it with a stamp.

----- Original Message -----
    To: [email protected]
    Sent: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 01:34:12 -0500 (EST)
    Subject: Re: Bally Eight Ball playfield for sale

Always used FedEx... What's the tracking number?
    On Dec 1, 2018 11:32 PM, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
    Mailed it today. What carrier will you be using for shipment?

#180 5 years ago

This ought to good for at least a week or so. When it doesn't "show" tell them you will cancel the MO and send another one. Then actually send a letter with only a note saying "nice try a-hole".

#181 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

This ought to good for at least a week or so. When it doesn't "show" tell them you will cancel the MO and send another one. Then actually send a letter with only a note saying "nice try a-hole".

I would do this tell him you are canceling the first money order ask him to please hold the playfield for you and that you will send a second money order. Then send him a envelope with nothing in it. When he tells you he got the envelope with nothing in it tell him you are showing that the money order has been cashed you could even tell him at the bank the OPs money order was cashed at and then ask when he is sending your playfield.

#182 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

OP Dave, I assume you contacted the local police, where is that?

I havent yet. Plan on doing it today or tomorrow.

#183 5 years ago

So I got this email from them/she this morning: Stringing me along more?

(their response)
    Well Custom charges for the backglass is 150.00, but not to worry. I opted against asking you cuz I perceived a lack of trust so I'll clear it and get it shipped. Thanks
    (my email)
    did you get it shipped out yet? Tracking number?

On 11/29/18 12:11 PM, tony Cotto wrote:

#184 5 years ago

He/she is a demanding SOB:

----- Original Message -----
    To: [email protected]
    Sent: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 09:12:23 -0500 (EST)
    Subject: Re: Bally Eight Ball playfield for sale

Alright send me a snapshot of the transaction receipt

#185 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Well Custom charges for the backglass is 150.00, but not to worry

What custom charges?

#186 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

So I got this email from them/she this morning: Stringing me along more?
    (their response)
    Well Custom charges for the backglass is 150.00, but not to worry. I opted against asking you cuz I perceived a lack of trust so I'll clear it and get it shipped. Thanks
    (my email)
    did you get it shipped out yet? Tracking number?
    On 11/29/18 12:11 PM, tony Cotto wrote:

How would there be custom charges if you're both in the same country?

#187 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

What custom charges?

Right? Its just a game they are playing.

#188 5 years ago

Here is a voicemail I got from them back on Nov 21....before they got my money:

https://soundcloud.com/user-615600940/voicemail-172

#189 5 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

How would there be custom charges if you're both in the same country?

It's not for the backglass per se.. It's the 'customs' import charge by the smugglers when their dope they ordered comes over the Mexi border.

#190 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

I would do this tell him you are canceling the first money order ask him to please hold the playfield for you and that you will send a second money order. Then send him a envelope with nothing in it. When he tells you he got the envelope with nothing in it tell him you are showing that the money order has been cashed you could even tell him at the bank the OPs money order was cashed at and then ask when he is sending your playfield.

Instead of an empty envelope, send one with the bottom slit open, like someone opened it and stole the check.

Ask him to file a complaint with his local USPS

#191 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

What custom charges?

The new tariffs from Washington

#192 5 years ago

Jmo but it can't help the cause with all this ongoing contact and potentially illegal retaliatory activities being publicly posted.

I missed if the local authorities have been contacted but if not that needs to happen.

#193 5 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

I missed if the local authorities have been contacted but if not that needs to happen.

If the OP is in Cali and these perps are in MA, doesn't that make this a federal case of wire fraud? My apologies if that was already covered.

#194 5 years ago

I'm just trying to figure out why after all this the op still hasn't contacted the police? If he knows the money he sent was cashed at a bank and he didn't receive the good he faithfully paid for then the obvious next step after trying multiple times to contact the seller would be to call the local authorities. Just saying if I had gotten screwed over by methhead 1 and 2 I would be doing everything I could to hold their toothless asses accountable.

#195 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I'm just trying to figure out why after all this the op still hasn't contacted the police?

He may have already hired someone to rectify the problem, and has been instructed to avoid police involvement.

#196 5 years ago

UPDATE: Contacted Dudley MA police department. They told me I need to contact my local police department first and then my local police department will follow up with Dudley police. So thats what I did. Ill keep everyone posted if any new action happens.

#197 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

UPDATE: Contacted Dudley MA police department. They told me I need to contact my local police department first and then my local police department will follow up with Dudley police. So thats what I did. Ill keep everyone posted if any new action happens.

Very good! Not trying say your right or wrong just hate to see somebody get screwed over by some druggy con men. I always wanna see whoever it is go after whoever screwed them over and give em hell. Good luck keep us posted.

#198 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Ah, the ol "Have your people call my people" bit

#199 5 years ago

I don't think the police will do anything. I recall a few years ago my neighbor had their car stolen (fairly new Mercedes) and they even witnessed the thief getting in the car and driving away. Two weeks later the car was recovered, dirty, having scratched up paint and broken mirrors. Cleaning up the car the owner found a driver's license under the floor mat....the driver's license of the thief! They brought that to the police department attention, but nothing ever came of it. I guess the DA or whoever didn't care to prosecute. If the police don't care to arrest a thief for stealing a car worth thousands, why would they do anything about a backglass? I hope the OP has friends that can stake out the thief and offer up some well deserved punishment.

#200 5 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

found a driver's license under the floor mat.

Is this your homework Larry?

362152897_d5ecd36b07_m (resized).jpg362152897_d5ecd36b07_m (resized).jpg
    There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-scammed-from-an-add-on-mr-pinball-classified/page/4?hl=poboypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.