Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Mrtattooz
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9D441BCF-4699-48CA-9A16-CC87A63EB1B3 (resized).jpeg
    USPIS_Patch (resized).jpg
    9EDF1BDB-FA60-4522-AF17-E588B6A13D6A (resized).png
    362152897_d5ecd36b07_m (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    facebook951539815979413001 (resized).jpg
    El Dorado City of Snow.JPG
    MV5BMTc1OTQ0NzU3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTUyNzIxNzE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 12.22.13 PM (resized).png
    white trash (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 11.33.05 AM (resized).png
    IMG_0635 (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.23.17 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.15.05 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.07.02 AM (resized).png
    tumblr_ogywvvzqPm1to3moro1_500 (resized).jpg
    There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 5 years ago

Don't worry OP, your money and the El Dorado City of "Snow" backglass aren't going to waste.

Kidding aside, I hope you get your $300 back.

El Dorado City of Snow.JPGEl Dorado City of Snow.JPG

#102 5 years ago

Novus 3 and a magic eraser wouldn’t be enough to get the sleeze off of that

#103 5 years ago

I will say we have some real creative geniuses around here.

#104 5 years ago

Could have been Axl

facebook951539815979413001 (resized).jpgfacebook951539815979413001 (resized).jpg
    #105 5 years ago

Start a Go Fund Me and post the link here. I'll bet you'll get your $300 back, and maybe some.

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Start a Go Fund Me and post the link here. I'll bet you'll get your $300 back, and maybe some.

I got five bucks ready. Tell me where to send it.

#107 5 years ago

You guys are to much. I couldn’t take people’s money.

#108 5 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

I disagree. Better money spent to bring a thief to justice than to pay the victim. I'd rather see the broken leg fund or as Vid suggested an OD.

#109 5 years ago

What if the scammer stole OP’s & JethroP’s Pinside identities to open a go fund me?

I don’t know what’s real life anymore.

It’s all a hologram

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I think you should send this to the producers of the Postal Inspector's TV show on CBS.
    Could be a great episode. [quoted image]

I'd make an exception and watch that episode.

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

What if the scammer stole OP’s & JethroP’s Pinside identities to open a go fund me?

I don’t know what’s real life anymore.

It’s all a hologram

HAHAHA! This is funny.

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I disagree. Better money spent to bring a thief to justice than to pay the victim. I'd rather see the broken leg fund or as Vid suggested an OD.

I am following up with the police in her city. I just havent done it yet. I have filed a report with the post office and gave them all the info.

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

You guys are to much. I couldn’t take people’s money.
    But since you asked here it is. https://www.gofundme.com/backglass-scam
    Everyone here is the best Thank you.

Pretty sure the suggestion to do a GoFundMe was a joke. Isn't GoFundMe for stuff like, "I need to buy medicine for my child and don't have the money."

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

Pretty sure the suggestion to do a GoFundMe was a joke. Isn't GoFundMe for stuff like, "I need to buy medicine for my child and don't have the money."

yeah you're right. I dont feel right about it. There are other things out there that are more important than a backglass

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

This may be the same Kim Cotto as she lives in Dudley, MA. You can try getting a hold of her employer Imperial Distributors, Inc. @ (508) 756-5156
    [quoted image]

She's what's know as a two bagger! You put a bag over her head and a bag over your head incase the bag over her head breaks!

#116 5 years ago

I was serious about the gofundme. Just figured our pinside friend got scammed at least his friends could each offer up a few bucks we could make him whole. What the heck, there's a multimillionaire on pinside taking in thousands a month in income from his arcade and he came right out and asked for donations...and people gave...hundred dollar bills at a whack!

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

I was serious about the gofundme. Just figured our pinside friend got scammed at least his friends could each offer up a few bucks we could make him whole. What the heck, there's a multimillionaire on pinside taking in thousands a month in income from his arcade and he came right out and asked for donations...and people gave...hundred dollar bills at a whack!

I really appreciate it. After thinking about it i decided not to do it. I feel bad asking. But honestly its the jester that you thought of it and are willing that means a lot. Thank you again

#118 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I have a fifty to a go fund a broken knee plan. Either way I'm in.

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

I have a fifty to a go fund a broken knee plan. Either way I'm in.

Haha! Thanks my friend

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Obviously if you feel that way, you have never been to the PHOF, or you would understand why we were happy to join as members.

#121 5 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Obviously if you feel that way, you have never been to the PHOF, or you would understand why we were happy to join as members.

Sorry friend, I went to the PHOF earlier this year for the first time, anticipating to donate $100. I left there very disappointed and did not donate. Every one of the games I played were in need of maintenance. And some if the games I wanted to play were just plain turned off and out of service. Why expand to a bigger building just to add more broken pinball machines? It's nice Tim donates to a worthy cause, but in my opinion, the donations should come AFTER the proper maintenance has been performed on the games. I made my donation directly to the Salvation Army upon return home.

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

Sorry friend, I went to the PHOF earlier this year for the first time, anticipating to donate $100. I left there very disappointed and did not donate. Every one of the games I played were in need of maintenance. And some if the games I wanted to play were just plain turned off and out of service. Why expand to a bigger building just to add more broken pinball machines? It's nice Tim donates to a worthy cause, but in my opinion, the donations should come AFTER the proper maintenance has been performed on the games. I made my donation directly to the Salvation Army upon return home.

PHOF in Vegas?

#123 5 years ago

where have you been brother?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-hall-of-fame-to-close

bicyclenut I would give to the GFM account as well... but I am also with breaking the scammers kneecaps too!

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from bigdog50:

Yep - $300 for meth won't last long so will be selling more backglasses soon! Found a pic of her husband...... this was after an all-night pinball tourney which explains why he hasn't made it to the post office.[quoted image]

It's crazy that people will try that drug for the first time and know what it's going to do to your future.

#125 5 years ago

Yes. Vegas. I've seen the posting on the "closing of the PHOF". Some people like it, some don't. I'm just saying I was disappointed because I anticipated playing the games listed in the Gottlieb collection...and when I got there they were a mess or totally unplayable. Anyway, my posting was about donating money to (I'm assuming) a non-millionaire who isn't taking in thousands a month in revenue. I'll donate to bicyclenut and he can use the money for a replacement backglass or whatever. Gofundme or PM me with your address and I'll send a check. And thanks for alerting the pinball community of a scammer.

#126 5 years ago

Update: there was a little more action in this situation yesterday. I told you all that they/she finally replied to my numerous emails yesterday morning. I wasn't going to reply back thinking I was still able to cancel the money order but then found out that isn't possiable because they/she had cashed it at the First Essex Bank Branch of Santander Bank in Lawerence,MA. Then a pinsider offered to pick it up for me, that they were an hour away. So, I sent an email stating I had a friend an hour away to pick it up can they head over. They/she asked where are they at. I said they are an hour away and will pick it up packed or unpacked doesn't matter they will ship it to me, can they head over? No response now.
    Sooo, I guess my last step is to contact the local police and report it.

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from JethroP:

PHOF is cyclic... it all depends on what the volunteers are working on as to what is up and playing... if you go and the EM’s are down, it just means something else is usually up. I have been multiple times now (lost count since living in Az) and each time there were issues, but all in all, within 3 visists spaced months/years apart, I have played everything I have wanted to. The last time I was there the EM’s were in rare form, and I spent my entire time playing wedgeheads, the Gotlieb Subway machine he has looks day 1 new almost and I think I played an hour on that machine alone. Say what you will, it keeps Pinball in the eyes of the masses in Vegas, and Tim is a hoot to talk with (when you can get him to talk, and its even harder to get him to shut up once you get him talking about pinball, but thats what I like about him). He has a love/hate thing going on with customers and players... he loves the ones who don’t complain, drop quarters, play pinball, and respect the machines. He hates complainers, machine abusers, anyone with sticky fingers, and parents who expect him to babysit their brood of 21 kids. Do not mention how stale the popcorn is, and only casually let him know about an issue you had with a machine, and don’t ask for your quarter back unless you like that “fuckin’ really?” look he will shoot at you while looking over the top of his glasses.

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Do it. Who knows, the police may know about these "people" and looking for something to pick them up on.

#129 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Do it. Who knows, the police may know about these "people" and looking for something to pick them up on.

Yea, and if surprisingly they actually have the glass (It's yours. It's paid for), asked the Police to bring it to the station and
    the Friend an hour away can pick it up there where it'll certainly be safe. If the glass isn't to be found once asked, well then
    the Cops will know 100% what's going on..

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

PHOF is cyclic... it all depends on what the volunteers are working on as to what is up and playing... if you go and the EM’s are down, it just means something else is usually up. I have been multiple times now (lost count since living in Az) and each time there were issues, but all in all, within 3 visists spaced months/years apart, I have played everything I have wanted to. The last time I was there the EM’s were in rare form, and I spent my entire time playing wedgeheads, the Gotlieb Subway machine he has looks day 1 new almost and I think I played an hour on that machine alone. Say what you will, it keeps Pinball in the eyes of the masses in Vegas, and Tim is a hoot to talk with (when you can get him to talk, and its even harder to get him to shut up once you get him talking about pinball, but thats what I like about him). He has a love/hate thing going on with customers and players... he loves the ones who don’t complain, drop quarters, play pinball, and respect the machines. He hates complainers, machine abusers, anyone with sticky fingers, and parents who expect him to babysit their brood of 21 kids. Do not mention how stale the popcorn is, and only casually let him know about an issue you had with a machine, and don’t ask for your quarter back unless you like that “fuckin’ really?” look he will shoot at you while looking over the top of his glasses.

Probably derailing this poor thread at this point, but I think most people I've talked to have a like/hate relationship with the PHOF too . I've been three times and all three times several of the games I wanted to play because I was thinking of buying them were down, including Pinball Circus (not buying that obviously), which was being cleaned for the entirety of my last visit. I half can't hold it against them because there is no "cover" to get in, so it's not like I'm not getting what I paid for, but I do take HUGE issue with the "Do not mention how stale the popcorn is, and only casually let him know about an issue you had with a machine, and don’t ask for your quarter back unless you like that “fuckin’ really?” look" approach they seem to have there.

You're running a business based off of coin operated games. I put coins in and I got nothing in return (or stale old food in the case of popcorn). While it's only 50 cents or whatever, how on earth is it acceptable to be that irritated when someone asks for their money back to play something else because your first game took their money and gave them nothing? You're still gonna get the money anyway - fix your coin mechs or quit complaining. Would you be fine if you order a beer, get handed an empty glass, complain to the bartender and they go "fuckin really?". I doubt you'd be like "oh that's just silly Tim the bartender!"

I'll never understand the people who find this approach to business charming and cute and it's why I don't order from PBR. I'm trying to give you money for stuff you're selling and we're both humans who (I assume) try to be intrinsically nice and kind to others, don't make me feel like I'm ruining your whole week or jump through 15 hoops to get your product.

I appreciate what they're doing at the PHOF for sure, but it doesn't do me any good if I can't play the games and it feels like I'm an inconvenience to them to be there.

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

I appreciate what they're doing at the PHOF for sure, but it doesn't do me any good if I can't play the games and it feels like I'm an inconvenience to them to be there.

This exactly. I'll never go back to the PHOF... Tim spent most of his time walking down the aisles and covertly sniffing people from behind while they were playing pinball....Guess what dude people smoke pot in Vegas... not sure what he was sniffing for but it was really awkward. I'm only guessing he was looking for some who reeked of pot... guess what man... it was me!

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

The whole idea of the PHOF is to give you the 70s-80s real arcade experience.

In the 80s when you went into the arcade, the highschool dropout who was at the counter did not give you a hug. He barely looked at you; knowing if he made eye contact for even a millisecond, you would try and talk to him.

The tech was always fixing the video games, instead of the Pins, because they made way more money.

Nobody was offering you an IPA

#133 5 years ago

Op, sorry about your hassle with this dirtbag. I'm not far from Dudley Ma either if there is anything that I can do.

Quoted from vid1900:

In the 80s when you went into the arcade, the highschool dropout who was at the counter did not give you a hug

Or he walked around wearing one of these

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
    #134 5 years ago

Op: file that police report ASAP before they decide to move “unexpectedly”

#135 5 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

yeah but at least one member here used it to try to buy a pinball machine.

#136 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

In the 80s when you went into the arcade, the highschool dropout who was at the counter did not give you a hug. He barely looked at you; knowing if he made eye contact for even a millisecond, you would try and talk to him.
    The tech was always fixing the video games, instead of the Pins, because they made way more money.

LMFAO! So true!

#137 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Unfortunately its 2018 and I'm asking for the same common courtesy I would give someone if they came into my place of work and told me they tried to complete a transaction and something broke. I'm not sure what an IPA has to do with it but I'm not asking for anyone there to give me a hug, a participation trophy, put pads on a playground or whatever other "millennial" cliche you can think of. I'm letting them know their $3k machine is broke and could break worse and that it has my money. It's not like people are walking in there asking for 20 bucks for existing, they would just like to play the games.

He's not a high school dropout, he's a grown adult running a business in one of the most popular destinations in the country. Act like it.

Edit: Here's a "real" arcade experience 15 minutes from my house where the owner is one of the nicest people in the hobby. You can be both and we should expect it:

http://johnsaltersfullblastarcade.com/

#138 5 years ago

From looking at her picture and listening to what’s going on. I’m going to say your money order was maybe traded for drugs. Lawrence is over a hour away from
    Dudley and well, you can look the town up. If you look on her Facebook you’ll find a picture of her and her sister . Maybe drop her a line and she will probably tell you about her. I looked on Mr Pinball and apparently someone else with that address is on the scammer list. I’m sure there are pictures of whoever signed at the post office and the bank.

#139 5 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

He's not a high school dropout, he's a grown adult running a business in one of the most popular destinations in the country. Act like it.

Sorry for your loss.

You might have noticed that the PHOF is the ONLY successful pinball arcade of it's size in the entire world.

Tim's business model is EXACTLY what it takes to make gobs of money in 2018.

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Sorry for your loss.
    You might have noticed that the PHOF is the ONLY successful pinball arcade of it's size in the entire world.
    Tim's business model is EXACTLY what it takes to make gobs of money in 2018.

What loss? I think we're having two different conversations.

He can make as much money as he wants. It doesn't make him a nice person. Anyone is welcome to be treated like garbage by whatever business they want to, but I choose not to as life is too short to deal with that attitude trying to do something that brings me pleasure or give money to someone. You're welcome to pump quarters into broken coin mechs all day if that's what you enjoy.

#141 5 years ago

I'd rather read about bicyclenuts efforts with the scammer than PHOF problems...

This thread is totally derailed.

#142 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Update: there was a little more action in this situation yesterday. I told you all that they/she finally replied to my numerous emails yesterday morning. I wasn't going to reply back thinking I was still able to cancel the money order but then found out that isn't possiable because they/she had cashed it at the First Essex Bank Branch of Santander Bank in Lawerence,MA. Then a pinsider offered to pick it up for me, that they were an hour away. So, I sent an email stating I had a friend an hour away to pick it up can they head over. They/she asked where are they at. I said they are an hour away and will pick it up packed or unpacked doesn't matter they will ship it to me, can they head over? No response now.

Careful sending anyone to Lawrence, it is known as the drug war zone of Massachusetts. Very dangerous.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2018/10/feds_arrest_50_in_lawrence_drug_sweep

#143 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

they/she had cashed it at the First Essex Bank Branch of Santander Bank in Lawerence,MA

Quoted from jp1985:

Careful sending anyone to Lawrence, it is known as the drug war zone of Massachusetts. Very dangerous.

Back when I was a wee lurker on this site, I worked 3000' (as the crow flies) from this bank in the heart of Lawrence. With a 2nd floor window seat overlooking a busy intersection, I can recall countless accidents with shouting in conflicting languages, and my personal favorite incident of a meth head climbing our parking lot fence with no shirt on trying to rock the fence back and forth screaming gibberish.

If you know the bank and approximate time, you may be able to contact that bank and see if they have video footage (having the amount may be able to help them narrow it down).

Santander bank is probably the 2nd largest bank in this region, and in THAT location, you better believe that every square inch of that place is covered by 3 cameras.

#144 5 years ago

I hope the OP at least gets some satisfaction if not made whole... since it is pretty obvious from “where” and “who” that this most likely is a meth scam, the outcome is going to be incarceration. As for the $300, I would throw $3 bucks his way if he had a GFM, hell I have lost more than $20 bucks of pocket money just pulling my keys out of my pocket.

In defense of Tim Arnold... that look he gives you is coming from a “this is for charity, you understand, right?” attitude, and every quarter he gives you back is one less for charity... so don’t crush his balls too hard, Ok? I just move to the next machine and keep playing. If you are so tight fisted you want every quarters worth you payed for, the PHOF is not for you. The popcorn is a throwback to the machine it is sold out of, and in the day, every machine like it dispensed stale popcorn. That is the joke.

#145 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bwilson:

This exactly. I'll never go back to the PHOF... Tim spent most of his time walking down the aisles and covertly sniffing people from behind while they were playing pinball....Guess what dude people smoke pot in Vegas... not sure what he was sniffing for but it was really awkward. I'm only guessing he was looking for some who reeked of pot... guess what man... it was me!

Maybe he had a cold?

#146 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

Maybe he had a cold?

Tim is worried about maintaining his good standing with his neigbors. An arcade will be closed down by local authorities if it is determined to be a place where the criminal element hang out. Pot sellers smell like pot smokers, and when he smells weed in the place, he sniffs to see who is reeking like weed and if it is an under aged kid, or someone who looks nefarious, he asks them to leave.

#147 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Tim is worried about maintaining his good standing with his neigbors. An arcade will be closed down by local authorities if it is determined to be a place where the criminal element hang out. Pot sellers smell like pot smokers, and when he smells weed in the place, he sniffs to see who is reeking like weed and if it is an under aged kid, or someone who looks nefarious, he asks them to leave.

Ehhh dude i was joking

#148 5 years ago

Been stringing him along on a Bally Eight Ball PF. Might just send an envelope full of a white powder substance, maybe he'll snort some. Recent emails, note he never will reveal location:

Money order will do

On Nov 30, 2018 4:56 AM, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

How do I pay then?

----- Original Message -----
    To: [email protected]
    Sent: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 21:22:57 -0500 (EST)
    Subject: Re: Bally Eight Ball playfield for sale

Don't have PayPal

On Nov 30, 2018 2:07 AM, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

Where are you located, if close to PA I might pick it up. Otherwise I can send paypal.

Sent: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 05:29:28 -0500 (EST)

$400

On Nov 28, 2018 11:34 PM, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

Price with shipping to zip 16870?

Sent: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 00:01:56 -0500 (EST)

Tony

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 3:45 PM [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Tony,

Is it still populated? Can you send a picture of the center ball rack area? Location? Thanks,

Tom

Sent: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 17:06:55 -0500 (EST)
    Subject: Bally Eight Ball playfield for sale

I have got one playfield for sale if you are still interested

Tony cotto

#149 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Been stringing him along on a Bally Eight Ball PF. Might just send an envelope full of a white powder substance, maybe he'll snort some. Recent emails, note he never will reveal location:

Ah this is good stuff, ask him to call you. It will be from a Text Now number (the app you can use to call from a different area code).

#150 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Been stringing him along on a Bally Eight Ball PF.

You should ask him if you can just send cash get him all excited then send monopoly money or something like that.

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-scammed-from-an-add-on-mr-pinball-classified/page/3?hl=iamdrunker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.