Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 273 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Mrtattooz
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9D441BCF-4699-48CA-9A16-CC87A63EB1B3 (resized).jpeg
    USPIS_Patch (resized).jpg
    9EDF1BDB-FA60-4522-AF17-E588B6A13D6A (resized).png
    362152897_d5ecd36b07_m (resized).jpg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    facebook951539815979413001 (resized).jpg
    El Dorado City of Snow.JPG
    MV5BMTc1OTQ0NzU3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTUyNzIxNzE@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 12.22.13 PM (resized).png
    white trash (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 11.33.05 AM (resized).png
    IMG_0635 (resized).JPG
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.23.17 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.15.05 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 10.07.02 AM (resized).png
    tumblr_ogywvvzqPm1to3moro1_500 (resized).jpg

There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 5 years ago

This is the first time I've ever been scammed on buying parts for pinball. I guess I've been pretty lucky until now. I had an ad on Mr Pinball Classified that I was looking for a backglass for a Gottlieb El Dorado City of Gold. "Tony Cotto" emailed me and said he had a really nice one and would sell it to me for $300. I figured the price wasn't bad. They told me they didn't have paypal and I could send a money order. I've run across older collectors that don't use paypal so it didn't concern me that much. I did send the payment certified. They were not home when the mail came so they had to pick it up at the post office. Once that happened, all communication stopped. I did search on Mr Pinball Classified and didn't see anything under their name or email. However after this has happened I searched again and their email was blacklisted on Oct 28. I did a search for Kimberly Cotto and found that she lives at the address I sent the payment to. The website I used also gave me her cell number and home number, which I've called and now just goes to voicemail and/or answering machine.
    This isn't a matter of, "I haven't been able to make it to the post office yet" or "I've been out of town" clearly, they scammed me. Beware people. I feel stupid and untrusting to everyone buying/selling now.

For your reference here is the name/address/phone numbers they gave me

Tony Cotto
    Kimberly Cotto
    508-414-6339 cell
    508-832-6875 hm
    21 1st Ave apt 7
    Dudley MA
    [email protected]

If for some reason the backglass shows up, please except my apologies, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.

#2 5 years ago

This may be the same Kim Cotto as she lives in Dudley, MA. You can try getting a hold of her employer Imperial Distributors, Inc. @ (508) 756-5156

fb (resized).pngfb (resized).png
    #3 5 years ago

Same guy offered to sell me a Bally Eight Ball PF. I got wary when the pictures I received were of a PF installed in a game.

#4 5 years ago

I'd call the Dudley MA police and report it as fraud. (508) 943-4411

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

This may be the same Kim Cotto as she lives in Dudley, MA.

She looks like an honest person.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I'd call the Dudley MA police and report it as fraud. (508) 943-4411

I like this idea. Thank you

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

She looks like an honest person.

Yep - $300 for meth won't last long so will be selling more backglasses soon! Found a pic of her husband...... this was after an all-night pinball tourney which explains why he hasn't made it to the post office.

meth sm sm (resized).jpgmeth sm sm (resized).jpg
    #8 5 years ago

ROTFL

#9 5 years ago

HAHAHAHA!

#10 5 years ago

Was she a model for the Iron Maiden pin ?

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Was she a model for the Iron Maiden pin

I'm suprised they didnt use the name Eddie Cotto

#12 5 years ago

Sad when you cannot trust people anymore.

Lesson learned op.

Call PO PO and report the louse.

#13 5 years ago

Getting ripped off sucks. No other way to put it. 20 years of collecting and it happened to me once ... right here on Pinside. Almost $400 worth of used Dracula parts from a guy that had a decent reputation, but the guy got hooked on drugs (found that out afterwards) and vanished right after he sold off a few items.

His name on Pinside was Dirt_McGirt (please do not confuse this with another user with a similar ID ... I made an ass of myself ). A couple of people that knew him offered up help to get the parts (one knew exactly where they were), but they ultimately didn't/couldn't.

It sucks bad, but at least you have addresses/pictures of the criminals that ripped you off ... I hope you can at least bring them to justice. Try not to let it get to you that bad too ... $300 is not a drop in the bucket, but it could have been a lot worse (try reading about some of the nightmares about people losing thousands on entire machines ... I'd go mental if that happened to me ).

#14 5 years ago

This may be the same Kim Cotto as she lives in Dudley, MA.

She's a looker!

#15 5 years ago

Steve Brown says she's beautiful, just beautiful...

#16 5 years ago

Stevie wonder must of posted that comment surely!

#17 5 years ago

I like Mr Pinball but it is chalked full of scammers. Maybe it is their antiquated process of uploading ads. I would call on a few too good to be true but never know ads and they would route to a google phone in Africa. People barely speak English, delayed responses over the line. I'm baffled as how scammers find their way into esoteric hobbies like pinball. You would think there is much easier pickings from basic household items on CList, etc.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

Was she a model for the Iron Maiden pin ?

No, that was a different broad

Conway (resized).jpgConway (resized).jpg
    #19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

I'm baffled as how scammers find their way into esoteric hobbies like pinball.

Because pinball people are dumb as stones.

"Yes! I will gladly send you $10,000 for a pinball machine you have not even built a prototype of. That's a theme I've always wanted!"

-

A wanted ad on Mr Pinball is even more scammy, because YOU are telling the scammers what you are looking for; rather than the scammers putting an ad up first.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

No, that was a different broad

I think the two of them might have gone into business together.

download (resized).pngdownload (resized).png
    #21 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Because pinball people are dumb as stones.
    "Yes! I will gladly send you $10,000 for a pinball machine you have not even built a prototype of. That's a theme I've always wanted!"
    -
    A wanted ad on Mr Pinball is even more scammy, because YOU are telling the scammers what you are looking for; rather than the scammers putting an ad up first.

It is, however good deals from honest seller still exist. Needed a Bally chime unit for a SS pin and got one from Mr Pinball wanted ad for $24 delivered a couple weeks ago. Worked 100% to boot.

#22 5 years ago
    IMG_0236 (resized).JPGIMG_0236 (resized).JPG
    #23 5 years ago

Such as shame. I hate people that steal!!! Stupid ass losers!!!

#24 5 years ago

This happened to me once on ebay..similar situation and there was a resolution in my case.

Make sure you file a report with the USPS Inspector Services, and don't let it go as it will just happen to someone else.

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/contactUs/filecomplaint.aspx

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

I like Mr Pinball but it is chalked full of scammers. Maybe it is their antiquated process of uploading ads. I would call on a few too good to be true but never know ads and they would route to a google phone in Africa. People barely speak English, delayed responses over the line. I'm baffled as how scammers find their way into esoteric hobbies like pinball. You would think there is much easier pickings from basic household items on CList, etc.

They're everywhere. I run ads on CL "wanted to buy, Snap-On tools" and run them on the "for sale" category for more exposure from the "wanted" section. I constantly get texts the 1st couple days asking "Are your 'FAST CASH PAID FOR SNAP-ON TOOLS' still available for sale?"
    Seriously?

#26 5 years ago

ENHANCE!

Yup, checks out.

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 5.48.26 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-11-28 at 5.48.26 PM (resized).png
    #27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yoak:

This happened to me once on ebay..similar situation and there was a resolution in my case.

Make sure you file a report with the USPS Inspector Services, and don't let it go as it will just happen to someone else.

For sure.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

ENHANCE!

Yup, checks out.

HAHA! you guys are making me feel better already

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yoak:

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/contactUs/filecomplaint.aspx

+ 1 I did this once with ebayer fraud on an item I bought. They were contacted, with great satisfaction from me. I know this because I got a followup from the USPS fraud team.

#30 5 years ago

I listed a "wanted" ad for a Gottlieb Surfer pin. And Tony responded. I did not buy it. He wrote in the email he was from Oregon. Sorry that happened to you.
    He responded to my "wanted" ad from Mr. Pinball. Unless you can go and see it in person or know of the person......

Oregon $700
    Tony

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018 at 4:31 PM Morganbigdogs1 <[email protected]> wrote:
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Possible to send pictures? Where are you located?
    Right now I have two others I'm looking at so pictures and price are the key factors and your location.
    Thanks for your time.
    Greg

-----Original Message-----
    To: morganbigdogs1 <[email protected]>
    Sent: Sun, Nov 11, 2018 4:48 pm
    Subject: Surfer, 1976 Gottlieb for sale

I have got one for sale where are you located?
    Tony cotto

#31 5 years ago

Sorry OP I’ve been burned before too, it’s sad that this is a part of the hobby. On the lighter side I do have a back glass I can give to you....

0F0D0B34-FB5F-4BFA-8075-D0669080461F (resized).jpeg0F0D0B34-FB5F-4BFA-8075-D0669080461F (resized).jpeg
    #32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yoak:

Thank you for this. I filed the report....Next I'll contact their local police.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from KongDonkey:

Sorry OP I’ve been burned before too, it’s sad that this is a part of the hobby. On the lighter side I do have a back glass I can give to you....

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! This is so good!

#34 5 years ago

Update.
    I called the number that I found to be her Home phone number. A guy answered who said he had been getting a few phone calls about her. He said this is is exwife. He told me not to call anymore. I said "ok, but beware that he will probably be getting a phone call from the authorities because I turned this matter over to them."

#35 5 years ago

I Googled "Rode hard and put away wet", and there's her pic!

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

I Googled "Rode hard and put away wet", and there's her pic!

There isn't enough alcohol on this planet for me to ride that thing hard and I don't think she's even wet in the shower assuming they even have one that works!

#37 5 years ago

She raided the mailbox? Perhaps they still shacking up.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

I called the number that I found to be her Home phone number. A guy answered who said he had been getting a few phone calls about her. He said this is is exwife. He told me not to call anymore.

And he probably wants his teeth back.

#39 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure she's an extra on The Walking Dead.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

A guy answered who said he had been getting a few phone calls about her. He said this is is exwife. He told me not to call anymore.

Should take only a few seconds to see if he's divorced.

#41 5 years ago

She's a peach.

#42 5 years ago

We have to deal with scammers from time to time @ work

I’ve been sent to vacant houses, etc.

Someone may very well be impersonating her.

In my experience the scammer uses a “stolen identity”. Much like criminals using stolen cars to commit other crimes in an effort to remain anonymous.

#43 5 years ago

The thing is I wrote the money order out to Kimberly Cotto and sent it to the above address, which verifys in my background search as her. Maybe ID theift, I don’t know. I have a card up my sleeve and will let everyone know once I play it.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

The thing is I wrote the money order out to Kimberly Cotto and sent it to the above address, which verifys in my background search as her. Maybe ID theift, I don’t know. I have a card up my sleeve and will let everyone know once I play it.

Play it! It’s the draw four isn’t it!?

#45 5 years ago

She looks like an old catchers mit.

#46 5 years ago

This may be the same Kim Cotto as she lives in Dudley, MA. You can try getting a hold of her employer Imperial Distributors, Inc. @ (508) 756-5156
    [quoted image]

She looks like Rocky Dennis

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Thank you for this. I filed the report....Next I'll contact their local police.

You welcome! I hate to see this happen to anyone. In my case I was told the individual got a visit. If things crossed state lines you have more options as well especially with the postal service, but that form should take care of most of it.

Sadly, I did have something like this happen to me with a Car from ebay, and I got burned pretty bad. The worst part of it was seeing someone else about to about to have the same thing happen to them and being unable to warn them. Sometime later the ebayer got banned, but that I could not contact posted negative feedback on the guy and got it worse then me.

I just don't understand folks who set out to do things like this. I hope you get some sort of resolution bicyclenut.

#48 5 years ago

Isnt she the crook from goonies?

#49 5 years ago

He's still trying to scam people. I emailed him back last night asking on a price on the Eight Ball PF he contacted me about. Responded back pretty quickly with $400. I don't know where he's getting the pictures he sends, I did a reverse image search on google and tin eye with zero hits.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

She looks like Rocky Dennis

No, that’s momma from “throw momma from the train”.

05BF38B1-3519-4C54-831C-34901A5D3631 (resized).jpeg05BF38B1-3519-4C54-831C-34901A5D3631 (resized).jpeg
    There are 273 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-scammed-from-an-add-on-mr-pinball-classified and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.