IMG_1490 (resized).jpg
IMG_1491 (resized).jpg
IMG_1492 (resized).jpg
IMG_1494 (resized).jpg
IMG_1500 (resized).jpg
IMG_1827 (resized).jpg
IMG_1829 (resized).jpg
IMG_1502 (resized).jpg
There are 211 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Ever since then. I get scam email or phone calls about twice a week over the past 13 years. I enjoy wasting their time and resources as much as I can. Nothing is more satisfying than having them fedex over a payment overnight because they think you will sell the game to someone else, when they think they have you on the hook to fork over overpayment. Costs them a fortune to fedex an overnight payment. Then you tell them you didn't get it and have them send another. It's hilarious how pissed they get. Or when they give you instructions on how the deal is going to go down, and you keep repeating it back to them completely wrong. Many times i'm extremely entertained with screwing with them. I am collecting many fake m.o., cashier checks and everything else to make a nice framed mural dedicated to their stupidity.

There are entire websites devoted to documenting this sort of thing and they make for some very entertaining reading!

Keep it up! You are fighting the good fight!

#152 6 years ago

I appreciate everyone's concerns and want to help. At the end of the day, as I said in my initial post, I lose.... It was my bad for not following my instincts.

I chalked it up as a 2700.00 learning lesson. I have no design to "seek revenge" and I don't think anyone else should either. I'm a firm believer in Karma and that's where I am leaving it. I just wanted to share my experience to shed light on how tactical these crooks are getting. Thank you to everyone, who have shared their concerns, and their experiences.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I chalked it up as a 2700.00 learning lesson

If that's any consolation, my learning lesson costed me $4,750. Predator for the win!
(and yes, there were red flags I chose to ignore as well...)

#154 6 years ago

I appreciate everyone's concerns and want to help. At the end of the day, as I said in my initial post, I lose.... It was my bad for not following my instincts.
I chalked it up as a 2700.00 learning lesson. I have no design to "seek revenge" and I don't think anyone else should either. I'm a firm believer in Karma and that's where I am leaving it. I just wanted to share my experience to shed light on how tactical these crooks are getting. Thank you to everyone, who have shared their concerns, and their experiences.

Thanks for sharing your story, I hope this will help at least one person avoid a similar scam down the road. FWIW, under the circumstances I think your attitude is exactly correct. Reporting to your bank is important just in case it might help trip these guys up down the road. But the money is long gone, so best to just write it off as an expensive lesson learned, move on with your life, and enjoy the pinball you've got (like that handsome IJ restoration you're working on).

#155 6 years ago

Just created a new email account and emailed the now infamous Danny Barnes, as he now has the machine listed on Mr. Pinball... the dude is still claiming he has it is selling, don't get sucked in like I did. This guy is relentless.

Can you turn this over to any law enforcement, I know it will probably go no where. Sorry to any Cops, but my luck in issues like this (property damage) went know were even when I did all of the detective work and gave to the police the guilty still got away with it. The saying crime doesn't pay is BS.

Can you at least string him along on the game and maybe even get a phone number out of Danny and then at some point tell him I already paid for the game once I'm Soulrider911 give me my money back or ship me my Fing game.....

#156 6 years ago

I feel for you OP; I got scammed years ago on an Arcade purchase; you live and learn.

It's a crappy bi-product of this hobby. I will say, that even though they are more expensive; it pays to buy retail sometime; whomever your retailer of choice is; takes a lot of the angst out of a deal; you might overpay by $1000-1500; but there are some real shade balls in the Pin/Arcade hobby; and can help alleviate that worry.

Best of luck on your next purchase; you live and learn, I know that I did.

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

419 scams have been around in some form as long as people have been able to get messages to one another. Before internet they used faxes. Before faxes they used Who's Who info and postal mail. The first scammer probably used smoke signals.
OP isn't the first or last to get scammed. Be careful everyone.

how would the smoke signal scam go? You send horses NW. Once we receive said horses, we will send one of the horses back with a cart of blankets. Keep the cart as a token of good will.

#158 6 years ago

Did have time to read everything but that pin or pictures of that pin have been on CL in Philly Pa for a couple months.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how would the smoke signal scam go?

Here ya go, have some free smallpox blankets; keep the papooses warm....

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Did have time to read everything but that pin or pictures of that pin have been on CL in Philly Pa for a couple months.

A lot of scammers pull photos from legit ads in other cities. Makes it harder to do a reverse image search since Google doesn't typically cache those.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

A lot of scammers pull photos from legit ads in other cities. Makes it harder to do a reverse image search since Google doesn't typically cache those.

Yeah it's been on more then once. Been looking for one also.

#162 6 years ago

Thanks for sharing. I read every post, lots of good info out there. I would like to add my little story. I posted here and on Mr. Pinball looking for a backglass. I think the guy got my info from Mr. Pinball. He says he has a real nice one for 250 plus shipping. I ask for pics and he sends one. I look at IPDB and there is his pic. Same pic in all ways. Same angle, same numbers in the windows. So I started to ask lots of questions. I asked him how he wants the money? How will he ship it? Can he send more pics? (no). I finally told him, when you can take paypal, (he only accepts money grams as PayPal ripped him off), ship a certain way and send more pics, email me. Have not heard from him since.

But in the beginning I was like you. I was thinking, great just what I want and at a good price and great condition.

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Here ya go, have some free smallpox blankets; keep the papooses warm....

Yes, some early history in the U.S. Precursor to "You're in good hands with Allstate" ?

#164 6 years ago

I called on what I'm pretty sure was a scam today.I saw a new ad listed in Michigan on Mr pinball for a Tom for $3700 (1st sign) a guy answers in broken English (2nd sign) I ask if it's still available and he responded "yes what is your address?" (3rd sign)which I ignored and he asks again "where do you live for shipping?" I told him I was in Michigan and he wanted to know where exactly.when I told him Detroit he said he couldn't talk right now and to text him (4th sign). I didn't text him.....

#165 6 years ago

that's when you ask, where are you and where is the game located? Once he responds. No matter where it is, you say, that's where you are and arrange a time to meet to come look and pick it up.

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's when you ask, where are you and where is the game located? Once he responds. No matter where it is, you say, that's where you are and arrange a time to meet to come look and pick it up.

Those are always funny.

Vid: Great, when can I come get the game?
Scammer: I'll ship it right to you, at my expense. Guaranteed!
V: The game says it's in Cincinnati, right? I can be there about 6pm.
S: No, that game is at my OTHER house, in Texas.
V: What part of Texas?
S: (pause) Austin, Texas.
V: Excellent! I have to be in Austin for work tomorrow. I'll come get it!
S: No need, I already packed it up, ready for shipping.
V: I'll bring my work truck and forklift.
S: Ummmm......You know what, now that I think about it, it's in my brother's house in Miami Florida. Sorry, I have a few ads posted and I made a mistake.
V: No problem, we all make mistakes. I'll have my son come get it tonight, he is a bouncer at a gay club in Miami called The Manhole.
S: Ahhhhhgggg....this is going to sound dumb, but I see THAT game is at my storage unit in Chicago. Let me just ship it to you, at my expense.
V: Chicago is no problem. In fact, I made a mistake, i just checked, and I'm in Chicago RIGHT NOW!

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Those are always funny.
S: Ummmm......You know what, now that I think about it, it's in my brother's house in Miami Florida. Sorry, I have a few ads posted and I made a mistake.
V: No problem, we all make mistakes. I'll have my son come get it tonight, he is a bouncer at a gay club in Miami called The Manhole.
S: Ahhhhhgggg....this is going to sound dumb, but I see THAT game is at my storage unit in Chicago. Let me just ship it to you, at my expense.
V: Chicago is no problem. In fact, I made a mistake, i just checked, and I'm in Chicago RIGHT NOW!

Rofl...

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I actually chortled!!

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Those are always funny.

yup, i've had nearly that exact same conversation at least 10 times before. Except the name of the club changes with each phone call.

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

damn, I wonder if he had any intention of shipping the game.

No. He sent emails of an entirely different game on a pallet - you can see the backbox is completely different.

Also, not sure about any of you, but I wouldn't send a photo of my passport to anyone except an employer or an embassy.

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I called on what I'm pretty sure was a scam today.I saw a new ad listed in Michigan on Mr pinball for a Tom for $3700

I texted him and asked for a bunch of pictures. He sent quite a few and I immediately notice that it's not the same game in the pictures. I ask a bunch of questions about the game and he doesn't really answer my questions. In the pictures, he shows it in a room that appears to be on a main level. When he sends pictures, it's super dark so I ask if he took those pictures today - "yes I did". Gosh, how did you get it so dark in the room. "I turn off lights and shut the windows". Impressive.

I asked for additional pictures that are very specific and I'm still waiting. I'm sure he's searching hard for pictures of what I asked for.

He didn't mention shipping so I don't know if this is a show up, beat you up and take your money scam or what.

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

He didn't mention shipping so I don't know if this is a show up, beat you up and take your money scam or what.

He'll get to shipping eventually. Beating people up is a lot of work when you can just have your victim wire the money straight into your bank account.

#173 6 years ago

I sent him a dick pic but he hasn't responded

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Probably still looking for a microscope.

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Probably still looking for a microscope.

I used a macro lens so it looked huge

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

He'll get to shipping eventually.

He did ask in one of my text messages if I wanted to come and take a look at it. Didn't seem like it was headed toward shipping but I'm guessing when I say I want to see it he'll say it's located somewhere else, or has moved, or something else.

I guess we'll see as I'll string him along a bit further.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Pretty rude not to respond to a text like that...don;t leave a brother hanging!

#178 6 years ago

I know dude!!! I hired a fluffer and everything.

#179 6 years ago

The biggest red flag to me, and I'll bet a lot of people will disagree with this... but him offering up a passport as an I.D. Americans typically don't use a passport as an I.D.... although it's a perfectly valid way to prove identity, and it makes sense... A typical (there's exceptions) American would offer a Drivers License... I've never had anybody say they'll show me their i.d. and show me a passport.

Almost anywhere else in the world a passport is much more common place and used more often, making it a common i.d.

I know that's an incredibly stereotypical thing to say... but that's the first red flag I noticed. I'll bet end of the day you find out this guy isn't American.

Sorry to hear you got scammed, it's a damn shame they infiltrate hobbies like this.

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

should have used a fisheye lens, and then it would have looked like a doughnut.

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Those are always funny.

I nominate this post as Pinside best-of for 2017. Prior nominations include:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-is-on-the-production-line/page/3#post-2211440

#182 6 years ago

I feel bad for you, another red flag should have been the name "DANNY".

http://www.vulture.com/2010/05/breaking_bad_recap_ill_be_the.html

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Thanks for the laugh, and welcome to Pinside. I wish more people were like you. I usually get the moderation notice saying things like, "Please do not make fun of Pinsiders' penis sizes. Thank you."

You're awesome.

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

The biggest red flag to me, and I'll bet a lot of people will disagree with this... but him offering up a passport as an I.D. Americans typically don't use a passport as an I.D.... although it's a perfectly valid way to prove identity, and it makes sense... A typical (there's exceptions) American would offer a Drivers License... I've never had anybody say they'll show me their i.d. and show me a passport.

People do use their passports for identification more readily today based on requirements for work and other reasons than the past.
I did this for years (and still do), but I will share some important facts for the community for wisdom.
This does not mean the passport of person is a fake in itself, which upfront in this case it is, and not because of the bitter scam "conclusion".

Although I was not going to relate this point or information to the OP as it might make them feel worse, but if the buyer had done some checking they would have realized this was not "Danny Barnes". Let me share details based on experience based on this one piece documentation. People might want to read and remember this basic information for reference in the future.
In respect to the passport alone, as these are SEVEN offical reasons why this passport is a bad fake:

First, the font was changed for the name as an over the original name.
This is not the official US Government passport font, and never has been.
Look closely. This is the most obvious easy fault to spot.

Second, the passport identification is LAST name on the first block, FIRST name on the second block, followed by MIDDLE name.
Not in the reverse of "Danny Barnes"

Third, passports require FORMAL first documented names, not truncations or nicknames.
Hence, a first name should be "Daniel", unless that was truly his given name (unlikely).

Fourth, if the owner did a cross check against the passport number, they would have discovered this is not "Danny Barnes".
This requires access to US Federal database search, which I checked.
However, this same information can be requested to the the Department of State for validation.
I cannot tell you if the "real" passport holder is related to the criminal (again unlikely), and I cannot provide this information here anyway.
It will not help the OP, as the the person is most likely unrelated to the situation.
More likely the image was stolen from a website.

Fifth, the bottom of the passport identification is COMPLETELY wrong, it should state P<USA last name, first name, middle name>>>>>>
Numbers below are truncated. Again, reverse order for those that are unaware.

Sixth, if the owner did have this passport issued in Poland, and was not originally a US citizen, there are a few variances, but is beyond the scope of this posting. If he was, normally there is a CITY and COUNTRY, not just a country based on the issue at the US Embassy Consulate. Again, this makes no sense if you know the Department of State and their annotation.

Seven, the person's photo does not have proper starred watermark on the photo, which sometimes (not always) can be picked up on high resolution scans.

There are more, but I think people get the point.

In essence, this passport is a VERY poorly made fake, and the owner is clearly not from the Unites States, and has little attention to detail as a counterfeiter anyway, as if they had a real passport, they would not make these elementary mistakes.

By the nature of this scanned image, part of this passport is a security issue for the true original owner.
True, no one scans passports and would readily provide them for uploading across the internet or email, especially to unknown parties.
This is only done when absolutely required for identify verification of certain type of documentation.

My background is as a member of the US Federal Government for over 25 years.
Formerly, Department of Defense.
I have worked for the Department of State many times in my tenure.
I lived abroad for over 15 years.
I carry both a diplomatic (black), official (maroon), and standard (blue) United States passports and have required to use them regularly.

My recommendation remains again is ask for help in the future, as there are many people that could help have eliminated this situation before money was lost.
Just reach out, but please don't feed the trolls under the PinSide bridge.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Those are always funny.

I used this on an Ebay ad selling some Bose equipment. The seller finally hung up on me.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

People do use their passports for identification more readily today based on requirements for work and other reasons than the past.
I did this for years (and still do), but I will share some important facts for the community for wisdom.
This does not mean the passport of person is a fake in itself, which upfront in this case it is, and not because of the bitter scam "conclusion".
Although I was not going to relate this point or information to the OP as it might make them feel worse, but if the buyer had done some checking they would have realized this was not "Danny Barnes". Let me share details based on experience based on this one piece documentation. People might want to read and remember this basic information for reference in the future.
In respect to the passport alone, as these are SEVEN offical reasons why this passport is a bad fake:
First, the font was changed for the name as an over the original name.
This is not the official US Government passport font, and never has been.
Look closely. This is the most obvious easy fault to spot.
Second, the passport identification is LAST name on the first block, FIRST name on the second block, followed by MIDDLE name.
Not in the reverse of "Danny Barnes"
Third, passports require FORMAL first documented names, not truncations or nicknames.
Hence, a first name should be "Daniel", unless that was truly his given name (unlikely).
Fourth, if the owner did a cross check against the passport number, they would have discovered this is not "Danny Barnes".
This requires access to US Federal database search, which I checked.
However, this same information can be requested to the the Department of State for validation.
I cannot tell you if the "real" passport holder is related to the criminal (again unlikely), and I cannot provide this information here anyway.
It will not help the OP, as the the person is most likely unrelated to the situation.
More likely the image was stolen from a website.
Fifth, the bottom of the passport identification is COMPLETELY wrong, it should state P<USA last name, first name, middle name>>>>>>
Numbers below are truncated. Again, reverse order for those that are unaware.
Sixth, if the owner did have this passport issued in Poland, and was not originally a US citizen, there are a few variances, but is beyond the scope of this posting. If he was, normally there is a CITY and COUNTRY, not just a country based on the issue at the US Embassy Consulate. Again, this makes no sense if you know the Department of State and their annotation.
Seven, the person's photo does not have proper starred watermark on the photo, which sometimes (not always) can be picked up on high resolution scans.
There are more, but I think people get the point.
In essence, this passport is a VERY poorly made fake, and the owner is clearly not from the Unites States, and has little attention to detail as a counterfeiter anyway, as if they had a real passport, they would not make these elementary mistakes.
By the nature of this scanned image, part of this passport is a security issue for the true original owner.
True, no one scans passports and would readily provide them for uploading across the internet or email, especially to unknown parties.
This is only done when absolutely required for identify verification of certain type of documentation.
My background is as a member of the US Federal Government for over 25 years.
Formerly, Department of Defense.
I have worked for the Department of State many times in my tenure.
I lived abroad for over 15 years.
I carry both a diplomatic (black), official (maroon), and standard (blue) United States passports and have required to use them regularly.
My recommendation remains again is ask for help in the future, as there are many people that could help have eliminated this situation before money was lost.
Just reach out, but please don't feed the trolls under the PinSide bridge.

I thought the official USG passports we're brown, unless they recently changed.

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Equifax should be shut down. People have no clue how bad this is.

It's only going to get worse & we as a society are letting it. People are losing their anonymity. Hard to protect ourselves as most just give away our information freely. Our privacy & security are all but gone. Everything from Facebook, Instagram, and other social media outlets are just ways for anybody to gather information on you.

It's more Orwellian then most realize. The New iPhone X is nothing more then a data gathering POS to further punish & enslave us. Facial recognition to unlock our phones???!! Are u F'ing kidding me? They already have our thumbprints...now they have our faces....& next will be retinal scans and blood samples. Times are scary indeed.

This pinsider unfotunately got taken & I'm so sorry about that. We all should be more aware before Cyberdine Systems comes for us too.

#188 6 years ago

OP Thanks for sharing your story with us, its not easy when you have been scammed to tell everyone.

Here is a scam I got from ad on Mr Pinball.

(Robert) Haiya,
Is this available for sale if so get back to me as soon as possible with the price.

(Me) What machine?

(Robert) List what you have for sale and the price,I dont really have much time to waste,I will like to finalise your bottom price for me in your next email to see if i can comply with it,Send the pics as well
Hope to read from you sooner.
Regards..

(Me) $13,200 (figured I would have a little fun with him)

(Robert) Hello,

It alright no problem,i'am very much contented with my inspection on the webpage,Actually making this purchase for my daughter ann.I will make the payment available by check which will take a couple of days to get cleared into your account.I will instruct my transporter to make the pick after clearance.

Your details will be needed to mail payment to,
Name to be issue on the check:
Home address:
Home landline:
Mobile number.

As soon as i receive this above details we shall proceed with these sale and both party will be happily satisfied.

Hope to read from you sooner,

Regards.

(Me) Whats the address its going to?

(Robert) My shipping company will come for the pick up at your location.

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

(Robert) List what you have for sale and the price,I dont really have much time to waste,I will like to finalise your bottom price for me in your next email to see if i can comply with it,Send the pics as well
Hope to read from you sooner.
Regards..
(Robert) Hello,
It alright no problem,i'am very much contented with my inspection on the webpage,

So he didn't know what you had for sale, but he was happy with what he saw 'on the webpage'. Wow.

#190 6 years ago

No idea what pin was for sale.
Asked for best price so I said $13200 expecting a reaction.
No problem

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

No idea what pin was for sale.
Asked for best price so I said $13200 expecting a reaction.
No problem

Oh crap. This means the market price on (unnamed game) just went up. WTF. I sold mine only last year for far less. Damnit.

#192 6 years ago

"Hope to read from you sooner."

#193 6 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

I will make the payment available by check which will take a couple of days to get cleared into your account.I will instruct my transporter to make the pick after clearance.

I assume if you got the check, it would have been about 50% too high, and he would have insisted that you wire him back the extra.
Also, the check would be from some poor country where banks still conduct business only by post.

The gimmick is that banks will release the funds on a check after 72 hours, even if they can't get in touch with the bank that the check is drawn against. Most people see the money show up in their account and assume the check "cleared". It hasn't. Your bank is just lending you the money as a convenience until they can verify the check.

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I thought the official USG passports we're brown, unless they recently changed.

I stand corrected, dark brown, I just pulled mine out.
Old versions were maroonish red brown.
Must be my old age.

IMG_20170921_121205.jpgIMG_20170921_121205.jpg

#195 6 years ago

Sorry about the scam, I wanted to add my experience buying a pin from a stranger (danger). But it has been ok for me but not without apprehension.

I was looking for a Woz and specifically a RR with the 2.0 light system. Of course there are countless used Woz pins but specifically new RR with 2.0 system are not for sale in abundance.

Anyway found myself with money and found a motivated seller it was a perfect match. He needed to sell so his price was great and he was willing to ship.

However the pickle was that Vid says never ever wire money. As noted in the thread how not to get ripped off. I know it was not my ideal but it was either wire money or lose the pin. This was not a road trip it was 1400 miles shipping.

So a couple things, the seller is a Pinsiders and he is medium well known on Pinside. I mean he's not a well known Pinsiders but he's not a newbie.

A) he has a few real business which he notified me of, he's on those web sites with his name and picture
B) he has Facebook which I was able to look at and he looks normal
C) he has eBay for 15 years with 100% approval (I checked out he was who he said on eBay) I looked at his sale history which included selling full pins.
- I had him contact me with his eBay account to assure it was indeed his account.
D) he has a phone and we communicate live as well as him sending me videos of himself and his business store and his pins, showing he is who his not someone who says he is not someone who just got all the above mentioned identity events correct. His video matches his Facebook, his business websites and his pin collection from Pinside.

Still I was nervous to wire the money as the banker told me once she pushes the send button the money is gone. But I had got such good vibes (the opposite of the first post in this thread).

I'm not saying what I did was the smartest thing in the world but hopefully it will work out, I did get the pin today but not set up yet.

Was sent by seller STI fully insured for more than the sale price.

IMG_0037 (resized).PNGIMG_0037 (resized).PNG

#196 6 years ago

I think my point is that it *can* be ok to buy a pin from a stranger, but not just anyone, has to be a normal indeed better than normal character. My other friend told me I could become a private eye with all the cyber snooping I did before I wired the money.

I was also worried about the shipping company and damage since if I got a partly broken pin it would be a PITA to get it sorted out, I mean not like returning it to a dealer for a new pin.

#197 6 years ago

I bought my Tron Pro from a Pinsider based on pictures only. Prior to that, I bought two pins from a regular on rec.games.pinball. As rai stated, it can be a little nerve racking and nothing is 100%. I also looked at the history of the fellow on Pinside, read some of his posts etc. PMed back and forth a bit, a little info on his work and eventually a voice call. If I am going to wire a guy more than 2k, I want to at least speak with them. I also had to get his home address for booking the truck pick up. Lastly, his bank details for wire processing.

Thankfully in all cases, my games arrived exactly as expected (Lotr, Ngg, Tron - shipping from US to Canada). I have been fortunate to deal with some really good guys but if my spidey senses tingled even for a second, I would have likely backed out. However, I guess the best scammers are the guys who lull you into a sense of security.

#198 6 years ago

Brady, I just saw this thread, and read your original post (I haven't read all the following posts yet). I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. From the little interaction we've had, you are a solid dude, and this is infuriating to read. You have a super positive and upbeat attitude. Don't let anyone take that from you.

That said, I'm quite fluent in Photoshop. If you have questions in the future, please shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to give you my .02. I've posted an example below that shows how poor his skills really were. This is simply a zoom in on the image and the windows snipping tool, so it's not the prettiest, but shows the blurs that mark the passport is a doctored image.

Again, I hate this for you man. Please feel free to PM me anytime if I can be of help.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#199 6 years ago

Just remember, you can avoid all these **trust** issues, stolen identities and dangers, simply by using Escrow.

For instance, the total escrow fee for the $2,700 would have been $87.

The total for the RR WOZ above would have been $173.

C'mon guys, it's got to be worth it to not get ripped off.

Safe for the buyer AND the seller, for the price of a night at the strip bar.

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think my point is that it *can* be ok to buy a pin from a stranger, but not just anyone, has to be a normal indeed better than normal character. My other friend told me I could become a private eye with all the cyber snooping I did before I wired the money.
I was also worried about the shipping company and damage since if I got a partly broken pin it would be a PITA to get it sorted out, I mean not like returning it to a dealer for a new pin.

The key point of this is use known personal references to validate who a person is if an individual has no experience with him/her via existing pinball network market.

This is a very small niche hobby, and remiain so even after substantial growth in the past 20 years. You do not need to hire a private detective.

I 100% agree about use of escrow with sales with brokers/dealers. Wire transfers can save money, over credit card sales (2.5%) if offered, but CYA. I use it for all non secured sales, if not paid in cash.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Harrisburg, PA
$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
There are 211 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-scammed-for-27k-beware/page/4?hl=aplundell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.