(Topic ID: 19015)

i got my first pin! it worked for 10 entire minutes. yay.

By ThunderhorseCNC

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThunderhorseCNC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

So i FINALLY get my stargate pin. set it up today, cleaned the glass, put the balls in, and fired it up. played for about 10 minutes. on the 4th ball, i shot and it dropped down, but the ramp target was up, and it sat behind it. i waited seeing if it would cycle (my upkick in the back left corner isn't working well) but it never cycled. I turned the machine off, touched the drop target and it popped down, and the ball rolled to the bottom. put the glass back in, turned it on, and now i get BEEP BEEP BEEP over and over and the DMD is garbled.

Called the previous owner, and he said in the head, flip the door out, and the small board on the flip out, he changed the chip on it, it did the same thing to him. He said if i unplugged the connector on the hinge side, the game will boot, but i won't get the flashing lights when the ship comes out of the pyramid. Tried that, and no luck.. same beeps etc. I saw the game at his house 4 months ago with that unplugged, so i know it was true. Played it before i bought it thursday, and it was fine.

I'm not that awesome with electronics.. any ideas? Test switch does nothing...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThunderhorseCNC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-my-first-pin-it-worked-for-10-entire-minutes-yay?tu=ThunderhorseCNC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.