Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yoshootme
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3840.JPG

#1 6 years ago

I have been collecting arcade games for the past year or so. Recently, I've been feeling the pinball bug in a serious way. I played (poorly) in my first pinball tournament last weekend. I picked up my first this week (MM, as pictured).

I think MM is a good choice for my first pin. It's the game that first drew me to pinball. It was the first machine that I ever really did anything more than just bat the ball around. The modes are so easy to understand, and yet remain challenging. I'm a huge Monty Python fan, and I love the quirky references in MM. The Tina Fey callouts are an interesting side note. I love that it is an original theme. The licensed themes are kind of a turn off for me. I also really like the look of the color DMD and LEDs. I think this will be in my collection for a long time, but I know I can trade or sell it pretty easily if I ever change my mind. Popularity is good for resale.

My second pin should be arriving very soon, perhaps next week. (WOZLE)

My vids are already feeling seriously neglected.

IMG_3840.JPG

#2 6 years ago

Welcome to the addiction! MM is a great start to a great collection. Enjoy!

Mike

#3 6 years ago

Awesome first pin! And second! You are right you will not have any trouble selling for trading an MM. Awesome buy!

#4 6 years ago

Wow, nice! With MM and WoZ you might find it hard to settle for anything else!

#5 6 years ago

Heck of a start ! Welcome to the madness.

LTG : )

#6 6 years ago

congrats!
..now go find your next one!

#7 6 years ago

Wow! Congrats on the MM and Woz!

#8 6 years ago

Very nice first pin! It's kind of like deciding to learn violin, then immediately buying a Stradivarius. I'd do the same thing if I could afford it. Enjoy!

#9 6 years ago

You don't mess around.

#10 6 years ago

Man, you jump right in, don't you!? That's a heck of a start right there! Congrats!

Love the bar also!

#11 6 years ago

I hate you...

#12 6 years ago

Dropin some coin! Nice additions. Welcome to the community!

#13 6 years ago

I'm jealous

welcome to the community !

#14 6 years ago

Lol.

"I like pinball... Think I'll buy the best game ever"

Congrats!

#15 6 years ago

this is like a guy getting into the car hobby buying a porsche 959 for his first car purchase, then a bugatti veyron for 2nd purchase

#16 6 years ago

Sounds like some haters out there. Haha

#17 6 years ago

Your next pin should be a Hercules from Atari in 1979, which is the worst rated SS pin on pinside.

This way your collection, all together, would be perfectly average.

#18 6 years ago

Humm...think it's time to start dating. How's about a VS model?

Humm...time to buy my first home--a Beverly Hills mansion.

A MM as a first? Sheez, talk about jumping in with both feet.

At least you realized that you wouldn't stop at one and got #2 on the way already...

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

My vids are already feeling seriously neglected.

Like most vid collectors who make the jump to the dark side, the vids may soon be leaving tomake room for the pins.

#20 6 years ago

The real deal pinhead pulls the trigger on MM as first game. I'm jealous waiting for my first pin.

#21 6 years ago

Kind of like going out with a Playboy centerfold as your first date......after a divorce. Life is good!

#22 6 years ago

No baby steps for you! You won't regret this machine. Especially since you remember and enjoy playing it

#23 6 years ago

Welcome to the pin hobby!!
You made a great choice with MM

#24 6 years ago

All I can say is, Nice, have fun.

#25 6 years ago

i saw a big bang bar NIB for sale for 25K .."Big Bang Bar, 2006 Capcom: 25K
#117, new in the original box, can't get better than that. Never opened." sounds like its right up your alley for number 3!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside