distributors.JPG
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
20201006_175442 (resized).jpg
SCAN0069 (resized).JPG
082111B9-6A26-4475-A827-39EA6E48FB54 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpeg
B747EC86-1689-4717-8D13-688639951FA8.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twenty84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wrong. Bad on JJP. Have a plan from the outset. Not a shitshow
Everyone should have known what they had. Now they get a bunch of pissed off people.
Not too hard to understand

I agree. Spooky, Stern, and CGC all seem to have figured out how to sell a limited edition game through these same distributors. This is on JJP.

#43 3 years ago

From what my distributor posted on facebook it seems the CE was way over sold and a lot of us will have our CE orders cancelled tomorrow. It sounds like they are getting the lists from all the distributors and cancelling those that ordered multiple games from different sources first.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

...everyone except the buyers that did get in on a CE and want more exclusivity to keep the resale price higher on their game. Right or wrong, lots of people have that mentality.

The whole concept of a limited edition is based on exclusivity. They chose to go with that model then over sold. JJP screwed up big time and screwed customers who bought or wanted to buy its most premium priced model. Whatever they do now some will be pissed, and rightfully so.

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

If they are in fact able to cancel the multiple orders, some may become available again, right? Also, when the balance of $12,500 is due, I expect to see some to pop up.

We've seen this before. Some dealers "had a buyer drop out" then list the game well above MSRP.

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Does anyone think the optics would have looked better if JJP cancelled their own direct orders vs cutting distributors? Assuming distributors really did not over sell their previous allocation numbers.

A certain podcaster made a facebook post that showed he was able to put in an single order for all 500 through the JJP site. This demonstrates that they really had no reasonable control on the number of spots or buying multiple spots to scalp. As I understand it more of us will get calls today to tell us we will lose our spots. I would guess some of those that bought through JJP will be cancelled, but that has yet to be seen.

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

So don’t buy all the rest of the BS. Next time order direct.

If you believe this (it may well be true) then bypassing your distributor and going with JJP directly would fall into their strategy. I've owned 2 JJP games (GNR will be my 3rd) and in my experience their customer service is awful. They used to have a ticket system that worked ok but later this seemed to have been abandoned. My RR WoZ required multiple light board replacements which I was only able to obtain through a distributor. JJPs only response was to sell a $800 kit that I had to figure out how to install myself. My Hobbit required new ramp flaps to be installed, and some other fixes. Additionally every single light board needed to be replaced in Hobbit and without my distributor I would have been left with a non-functioning game. Recent experience with playfield problems has shown they aren't very responsive without a distributor or groups of buyers on pinside applying pressure. For pinheads that maintain and can move and set up their own games distributors may be optional, but without distributors JJP will loose access to a lot of more casual buyers that work with local distributors to buy, setup, and maintain their small collections. Even now people who ordered from JJP direct and called or emailed about the status of their order have gotten no response. I'll be sticking with my distributor.

#515 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

So the question is how much do the autographs matter in your desire to own a CE opposed to an LE?
Let me know I'm curious!

For me the autographs of the band members are worth a lot more than the company president's signature on a piece of paper or the game designers signature on a plastic. Although, I feel like the autographs have value I feel the art and extra features are enough to buy a CE for the same price without them.

1 week later
#643 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So did anyone who bought direct get told no later on or is it just dealers?

This guy says he got burned buying from JJP, but it isn’t clear if he actually had a deposit down or just a game in the shopping cart.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-guns-n-roses-ce-9#post-5913471

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 210.00
11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twenty84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-burned-jjp-gnr-ce-deposit?tu=twenty84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.