distributors.JPG
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
20201006_175442 (resized).jpg
SCAN0069 (resized).JPG
082111B9-6A26-4475-A827-39EA6E48FB54 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpeg
B747EC86-1689-4717-8D13-688639951FA8.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#507 3 years ago

I missed out on CE but the LE art looks better to me.

#510 3 years ago

To me autographs mean nothing.

#513 3 years ago

Here’s the rub.

I wanted to see the gameplay before I committed to the most expensive pinball machine I’ve ever bought.

I didn’t want something like Munsters LE or like the original Avengers LE. So I said let me wait a day or two. But once I hear it’s getting scarce I call around and no dealers had any.

Too bad now, if say Toy Story is the same might have to buy immediately before seeing any gameplay and I may not like it and get stuck with a pin I don’t love just because I’m scared it’ll sell out in one hour.

However.... the LE (to me) has better cabinet art. I don’t notice the PF art not sure if the gold glitter is good, bad or neutral.

I hope to play first before getting a LE. If anyone has one in Central Florida let me know I’d like to play before committing $10k

#541 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Your memory is not accurate on this point. X-Men was released a year before Metallica. Avengers was released between the two.

Exactly.

ACDC right before Xmle

#547 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Hah, you guys are right of course. What I did, because X-Men left such a bad taste in my mouth I tried to get a MET LE to replace it and I couldn't. Then I played MET later and realized it wasn't for me. That was the parallel. End of the day, lesson was to play before buying, which sounds simple enough, until FOMO bites
I do however recall very clearly that I did not have much fun playing X-Men.

Same. I got back in hobby just as ACDC was coming out but I completely missed Tron and Tron LE.

I thought XMLE was going to be like Tron LE or ACDC BIBLE also XMLE never made a premium version so I thought there might be no choice but to but before they sold out.

End of the day I didn’t like XMLE and lost almost $2000 selling it. Actually traded for a TWD pro but the price was equal to $4500 down from $6500

iirc Metallica they didn’t announce the premium until after the LE so people might have thought there was not going to be a premium (but this might have been TWD I can’t remember).

#549 3 years ago

Art is subjective like I far prefer SW comic art but many people don’t like it as much as the regular version.

To me the GnR LE with the show posters looks cool different than other pins, like the way they look. Plus a lot of different styles and art details.

CE art is also good but I just prefer the LE.

#566 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

This is what it comes down to from JJP's point of view. Does scarcity increase sales? In this case, I don't think so. I think they sold 500 in one day because it's a kick ass game, and the mech lock, signatures etc. make the added cost worth it. They could have sold many more.
Ferrari and Lamborghini have been killing it lately because their models are great, and now you can get one if you have the money.
(agree with the rest of your post)
((I can't afford a Lambo))

I don't know.........

Scarcity brings out.....

Flippers and they buy up a block of games and there is not any more to go around, people flip out and pay more.

True scarcity doesn't make a game valuable, XMLE is very scarce and not any premium so less than 600 and that game is not too valuable.

If there was unlimited of say 1500 of the CE, there would not be any flippers buying up a large number to sell later at a hike.

I don't want to say but it could still be dealers looking to sell later for more, maybe they say my allocation is low (but I'm keeping 5 for my friends and family don't you know?)

#574 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I like the pro best on both of those games Looking forward to seeing some GNR SE gameplay.

I have both Met pro and TWD pro not going anywhere. (I think those two games with color DMD, shaker etc.. cost $11K ish) lots of good value there..

This is why *I* didn't thing 12.5K would sell out so fast but here we go, if there are flippers and these CEs go for $15K JJP will see they're leaving money on the table and that people will pay more and more.

#620 3 years ago

I’m about to order one LE vs SE.

Only debate is how fun / important is the upper PF?

#630 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

A lot of this game is about how the game looks and the upper playfield is a good part of the cool factor

I understand this game looks cool with the upper PF, but the fact that two versions exist begs the question if the upper PF is essential or not.

I can not compare Woz or Tspp without upper PF because all versions have upper PF.

Just like I can't say what about if AFM had an upper PF (like GNR) so how would that be?? I can not say, but likely the upper PF would slow down the game and be somewhat needless to the enjoyment of the pin. Maybe just a filler to make it look like it has more stuff.

But if you have two versions like Metallica (one with hammer and physical ball lock and one without hammer and just a virtual ball lock) in my Metallica example.. 100% the hammer / lock looks cool and it adds a wow factor to the pin, but it is *NOT* essential and some people do prefer the pro or maybe they like it just the same as the premium but it's $2K cheaper.

GoT and BKSOR (I prefer the pro).

#632 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Hopefully we see the SE gameplay this week since they were on the line at start of last week or before.
Only issue with the SE is the art, I think everything else will turn out to be quite good.

I’m bummed about the art.

I was just going to buy a SE but figured might as well wait so I can see the light show comparison to the LE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 11,000.00
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-burned-jjp-gnr-ce-deposit?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.