distributors.JPG
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
20201006_175442 (resized).jpg
SCAN0069 (resized).JPG
082111B9-6A26-4475-A827-39EA6E48FB54 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpeg
B747EC86-1689-4717-8D13-688639951FA8.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mslow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

JJP pulled the allotment of 10 CEs from my dealer. Now they’re only getting 2. I was number 5 on the list. I Put down a $1,000 deposit 10 minutes after reveal. Obviously JJP wanted to sell direct when they saw the money they were leaving on the table!
Who else got F%#^! Lest start a list!

#9 3 years ago

I’ve talked to 4 distributors. They’ve all confirmed allotment reduction. SHAMEFUL!

#10 3 years ago

Then why are you in this thread?

#85 3 years ago

They were making just 500 CEs

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So you didn't get your money back?

Got my money back but lost my CE spot.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

My point was they are just buyers. Same as us only they get a commission. IF they are getting cheated and doing wrong by the customers you would think one of them would be posting by now? They are actually loosing money, customers, and business.

All on top of years of dealing with JJP quality issues. Distributors must be furious!!!

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

JJP isn’t going to do anything here. They sold all CEs, and those that left out will buy more LEs. They don’t care

After breaking the news to me that my CE is no longer gonna happen, my distributor said “ do you want to order an LE.” I said he’ll no! F those pricks

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right, the topic is typically misleading.
Nobody got "burned on a $1,000 deposit."
They just weren't able to buy a limited edition product because demand far exceeded supply.

Yes. We were burned. We lost a chance to secure a CE because of misleading info. And future money was lost. CEs will most likely retain or go up in value. While LE will go down in value.

#460 3 years ago

After my CE got cut, my distributor offered me a LE.
I thought all night about it. Well I just told them no thanks. I can’t support a company that would screw over the very people that had JJPs backs through the bad times. I also don’t want to support a company that just screwed me for profit.

I sure hope Led Zeppelin is a great game.

#475 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't blame u....what kind of discount? Free shipping?

Yes free shipping.

I own jjpPOTC LE and had DI LE
Beautiful games. Best quality.

Bad business practices.

#604 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Will someone please explain to me how JJP refusing to accept $13k from you drama queens is a “greedy cash grab?”
Seems like the opposite.

From what I’m reading, the story that many of you are now self-soothing yourselves with is, and I think JJP is feeding you is...
“Due to overwhelming demand that no one could have foreseen at JJP, so many CEs sold on our website that when we finally chose to take a look at the end of the day, it hit us for the first time that we will have to drastically cut back distributor allocations. Sorry everyone, it’s the demand that did this, the success of the title that did this, sorry.”
Bullshit. And many of you are taking this hook, line and sinker.
Here’s what happened:
1. JJP has strong and long-standing relationships with their distributors, large and small, and they knew full well what approximate allocation each one was ***expecting*** to get. In other words, they knew that some larger distributor would be furious if they would get only 5 when normally they get 10 and that a small distributor would be furious to know they would get 1 instead of 3.
2. Throughout the first day, and perhaps even by the minute, someone was at JJP was refreshing the website sales numbers and knew what was happening. There was no surprise at the end of the day. They were excited as hell and watching like a hawk.
3. They knew in advance that every direct sale would lead to one less allocation to some distributor. This is exactly the point of what JJP set up here to maximize profit.
4. To pull this maximizing off, the decision was made to purposefully delay sending distributors allocation numbers. They knew full well at in advance that leaving this gray area would lead to more profit for them. It was no accident, rather a smart calculation to maximize profit. If you think that it didnt cross their minds that sales could be high and that they just forgot to send out allocations, you are an idiot, sorry. They are not that clueless, the gray area was a tactic used to their advantage.
5. As they were actively watching the rapid website sales occur during the day, there came a point where instead of just knowing that there would be large disappointment from distributors, there would now be outcry, so they stopped the direct sales. In other words they waited until they maximized profit at the point where they thought they could still get away with it - could still placate their distributors with a game or two etc and spin some story.
6. JJP are not so clueless that they didn’t know that their distributors would have certain expectations or that some or many of their distributors were taking deposits.
The only thing clueless are those of you who think that JJP were so clueless and that it was only by accident that this cluelessness happened to accidentally line up exactly with maximizing profits that day.
In summary, JJP is a business and they reserve the right to maximize profits however they choose. And on Monday they did exactly that. They made calculated decisions not just one day at a time and leading up to Monday, but each and every minute that day to maximize profits.
They made the decision that the distributor and customer dissapointment they knew was coming was a trade-off for this profit and they took the profit. There was no conspiracy and nothing nefarious happened. Just a company making profit and we can’t fault them for this.
This is calculation for profit, not accident. Simple.
So don’t buy all the rest of the BS. Next time order direct.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 210.00
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mslow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-burned-jjp-gnr-ce-deposit?tu=mslow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.