distributors.JPG
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
20201006_175442 (resized).jpg
SCAN0069 (resized).JPG
082111B9-6A26-4475-A827-39EA6E48FB54 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpeg
B747EC86-1689-4717-8D13-688639951FA8.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarozi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

Did JJP really renege on confirmed allocation? If so, wow.

#35 3 years ago

Just heard back from my distro, he can't confirm his orders yet due to the JJP cuts.

#132 3 years ago

It might help to offer a solid discount on an LE for anyone who as a condition of pre ordering paid non-refundable money for a CE. I believe JJP has all the order details, so they know who to target.

#201 3 years ago

The signature cards seem like one of the harder things to increase. It was probably hard enough to get the initial 500.

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

This whole post gets it.
Oh, and believe me or not, but website orders are a drop in the bucket compared to the total demand there was.

Thanks for weighing in Keith, and congrats on the launch, the game looks remarkable. I think what's really frustrating a few of us who have been or may be left out is that we had the opportunity to order direct, but we went with those who have helped us in the past. And for that loyalty we got burned. The lesson, at least for me, is to just buy direct and bypass your sales network.

#392 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Yep, seems awesome and great communication and I really feel bad they have been put in this place. JJP needs to make this right somehow

Sounds like I'm using the same place. I've gone through them before and if he pulls this off, well, no words.

#471 3 years ago

Just got my regret email as well from JJ. I won't be taking him up on the LE discount. Now I'll get a chance to play it and pickup the next version of the LE if the game proves to be a classic. Ah well, lesson learned, on to the next thing.

#474 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't blame u....what kind of discount? Free shipping?

Yes.

#478 3 years ago

I personally don't think it was some kind of conspiracy or cash grab, I just think they weren't prepared for success, they've said as much. I'm sure lessons will be learned and they'll get better. This was their MET LE moment.

I hope one of the lessons is what kind of theme to choose

#480 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Free shipping?
Wow, they’re really going all out.

Yeah, for what it's worth it sounded like it was all on the distro to make it right. JJP wasn't helping at all. But between you, me and Pinside I had hoped the remedy would have at least been a machine at dealer cost. But having said that I have no idea what that is, maybe they only make $250 on JJP's?

#519 3 years ago

Nevermind. Mis-remembered.

#538 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't mean to downplay the CE mess - it was a colossal disaster but for the guys not getting an LE b/c of it, I just don't understand that. Locking yourself out of getting a sick pin due to principle?

I might get an LE at some point, I just don't need to rush anymore. I really wanted the CE for 3 reasons: I wanted the full playfield, including the COMA lock, as insignificant as it appears to be. I liked all the bling, the metallic radcals, art blades, topper and external cab lighting. Finally I wanted the version I thought would be easiest to sell when it comes time for it to move on, which it would eventually.

#543 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Exactly.
ACDC right before Xmle

Hah, you guys are right of course. What I did, because X-Men left such a bad taste in my mouth I tried to get a MET LE to replace it and I couldn't. Then I played MET later and realized it wasn't for me. That was the parallel. End of the day, lesson was to play before buying, which sounds simple enough, until FOMO bites

I do however recall very clearly that I did not have much fun playing X-Men.

#635 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

At least the SE art is tied into the game.

Yeah, that's another cool little detail, each cab art package is featured in an album mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jarozi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-burned-jjp-gnr-ce-deposit?tu=jarozi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.