distributors.JPG
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
20201006_175442 (resized).jpg
SCAN0069 (resized).JPG
082111B9-6A26-4475-A827-39EA6E48FB54 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpeg
B747EC86-1689-4717-8D13-688639951FA8.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Honest question, but do you guys really prefer the CE artwork over the LE

Honest answer:

"Naw we actually all think the CE art sucks and you are sucker for buying once since the LE art is so much more awesome!"

Why do people ask questions like this?

#219 3 years ago

Any representative from a pinball company is absolutely insane to post here, answer questions, make explanations...

No good can come from it and all you'll get is abuse.

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Palmer, tell me how I wasn't respectful? I don't see anything I said being disrespectful one bit. I gave him honest feedback. Are tough conversations and feedback off limits?
Feel free to PM me.

It's disrespectful because he didn't ask for your honest feedback and he doesn't need it. He was offering an explanation. It's not a negotiation. Keefer doesn't have the power to make sure you get the CE you want, so why berate him or give him obnoxious "honest feedback?"

He also didn't ask for the annoying PMs about code, sales, how to get a CE, and other things that are likely flooding his inbox as we speak, either.

Would be great if these guys would start offering us all unasked for "honest feedback" about how we do our jobs.

#242 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I'm not here to get in a keyboard fight with you Levi, but it's a two-way street here. If Keith wants to give feedback, he should expect feedback in return.
I didn't berate him, I gave him a straight answer. You east coasters should appreciate candidness, right?

So you are in agreement with me that any company rep posting on pinside is making a mistake?

People always whine about the "lack of communication" from manufacturers. Well, this is why.

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I get why everyone's pissed, and this is another in a string of unforced errors by JJP. But I think Keith explained pretty clearly what happened in his post -- they've never sold out a CE before, or at least not right away, and they simply weren't prepared. Distributors were used to always getting their requested number of games, and JJP was used to being able to fill them. It is, indeed, a fix that a 10 year old could have implemented, and they'll surely have it in place next time around. They just didn't think they'd ever need it, and now they've pissed off their distributors and many buyers.
Having fucked up, the question now is how JJP moves forward. Do they give priority to orders placed through Jersey Jack's website (further screwing the distributor network)? Or do they transparently "share the pain" so that everyone loses sales but no one is left entirely out in the cold? And do they throw a bone of some kind to people that were told they had a machine reserved but didn't make the cut? How you handle your mistakes is often more important than having made them in the first place.

It's an interesting question, but the whole point of a CE is that not everybody can get one. It's like concert tickets, people get furious at Ticketmaster, the band, etc. when they can't get a ticket but that's life. For a hot show at MSG 20,000 people get tickets and another 100,000 or so don't, depending on the act and demand. There's only so many to go around and the people who miss out don't get a "consolation prize."

The smart thing to do is probably play up the fact that GNR CE sold out in seconds, and just hope future CE titles are in equal demand. If you think they are, make 600 or 700 next time.

#268 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

This does seem unfortunate and looks like poor planning on JJP's part. But I don't think this warrants outrage, unless you're going to lose your $1000 deposit. That would be another, bigger issue.

Right, the topic is typically misleading.

Nobody got "burned on a $1,000 deposit."

They just weren't able to buy a limited edition product because demand far exceeded supply.

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Yes. We were burned. We lost a chance to secure a CE because of misleading info. And future money was lost. CEs will most likely retain or go up in value. While LE will go down in value.

oh man it's just tragic.

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

I buy my pinball machines to play and enjoy, not as a future investment.

Dude, future money was lost.

And now he'll have to settle for the shitty $10,000 version of the game, where no future money will be won!!!

JJP are monsters!!!

#504 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok my Opinion (nothing more) on the MB fears. By default the game comes from the factory (as seen in every video) with a 60 Second ball save on songs MB's. For that reason it Appears to endless MB's since when one song ends it goes into the next song and Bam another 60 seconds. Add to that when collecting band members you get Additional time on top of that! My opinion is as owners get their games they will dial the settings to their skill level and Love the end result. This game is Truly amazing and like nothing I have seen as a total package. And yes on the mods thats a given lol...

60 second ball save?! Keith Taking the page out of his old Stern's code book circa 2000.

Are the song multiballs hard to achieve? That sounds like an awful lot of multiball!

#571 3 years ago

A plea to the "flippers"....

PLEASE just put the game up for sale with your added vig. We really don't need to hear about all the health problems in your family and the other reasons you are trying to sell the CE for a $10,000 profit.

These gambits demean all of us, and make it seem like pinball is a deadly hobby for our relatives! Just put your game up for sale without any "excuses" and let nature take its course.

THanks in advance!

#602 3 years ago

Will someone please explain to me how JJP refusing to accept $13k from you drama queens is a “greedy cash grab?”

Seems like the opposite.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Concord, CA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk
Plastics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-burned-jjp-gnr-ce-deposit?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.