distributors.JPG
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
20201006_175442 (resized).jpg
SCAN0069 (resized).JPG
082111B9-6A26-4475-A827-39EA6E48FB54 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpeg
B747EC86-1689-4717-8D13-688639951FA8.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider afm95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 3 years ago

Misery loves company... and for those who don't think JJP didn't screw it up, here's my frustrating, personal example.

I gave a large deposit for a CE, trusting the distributor had a game for me. I told two other distros to take me off their non-deposit list as a courtesy.

Meanwhile, JJP still had CE's ready to purchase directly through their site after I was locked in with my distro.

Now I find out I was cut out because my distro (all of them actually), had their allotment slashed (no pun intended).

While I'm not mad at my distributor, I could have went ahead and bought it directly from JJP if I would have known it was "iffy" at best to go through a distributor.

I'm a loyal, multi-purchaser, JJP customer.
I'm a big supporter, and have nothing but good things to say about them. I'm not sure how to feel about JJP now.

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

So when the dust settled and we were in this situation, what could we do other than to work on reducing asks?

Keith, first off, you and JJP's entire team just created one of the most amazing pins of all time. Congratulations as it's well deserved.

With that said, and excuse me for being frank here, while everyone appreciates your reply, including myself, I don't think damage control should be your job, nor is it the right time as a lot of us are very upset with the situation.

If I'm being honest, your comment above comes off as "shrugging your shoulders." So when you say JJP will do better next time, there really isn't a next time for GNR CEs.

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

The guy is being honest. Show a little respect man. Pinsiders getting offended over stupid crap like this is why you don't see a lot of industry people on here. Frankly it sucks because a lot could be gained by having an open dialogue here.

Palmer, tell me how I wasn't respectful? I don't see anything I said being disrespectful one bit. I gave him honest feedback. Are tough conversations and feedback off limits?

Feel free to PM me.

#237 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's disrespectful because he didn't ask for your honest feedback and he doesn't need it. He was offering an explanation. It's not a negotiation. Keefer doesn't have the power to make sure you get the CE you want, so why berate him or give him obnoxious "honest feedback?"
Would be great if these guys would start offering us all unasked for "honest feedback" about how we do our jobs.

I'm not here to get in a keyboard fight with you Levi, but it's a two-way street here. If Keith wants to give feedback, he should expect feedback in return.

I didn't berate him, I gave him a straight answer. You east coasters should appreciate candidness, right?

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So you are in agreement with me that any company rep posting on pinside is making a mistake?
People always whine about the "lack of communication" from manufacturers. Well, this is why.

Yes, I generally agree with you that company representatives typically shouldn't be posting on general forums. From a marketing/PR standpoint, there isn't much good that can come from it.

If JJP wants to comment about the CE debacle, specifically on Pinside, the proper communication channel should come from Ken Cromwell, especially for delicate situations like this.

People whining about the "lack of communication" from manufacturers, folks shouldn't expect their communication coming in the form of forums. It should be coming in the form of official statements, phone calls, emails, official social media accounts, etc. If businesses are not connecting with their customers, then shame on them.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#252 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Had I known this would happen I probably would've ordered directly from JJP site but I wanted to support my local distributor since he's awesome.

Same - I think supporting your favorite or any distributor is important.

I was just listening to what JJP told me to do instead of buying direct.

distributors.JPGdistributors.JPG
#465 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

After my CE got cut, my distributor offered me a LE.
I thought all night about it. Well I just told them no thanks. I can’t support a company that would screw over the very people that had JJPs backs through the bad times. I also don’t want to support a company that just screwed me for profit.
I sure hope Led Zeppelin is a great game.

This is why it's a mistake for JJP to be so short sighted on this. For simple math, let's say 100 folks like you don't ever buy a NIB from JJP again. Let's also say you traditionally buy an LE. That's almost a million dollars in lost sales for every future release. Although pinball might be growing, it's still a small niche community that has options.

JJP doesn't get one dollar when someone buys JJP second-hand.

#505 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok my Opinion (nothing more) on the MB fears. By default the game comes from the factory (as seen in every video) with a 60 Second ball save on songs MB's. For that reason it Appears to endless MB's since when one song ends it goes into the next song and Bam another 60 seconds. Add to that when collecting band members you get Additional time on top of that! My opinion is as owners get their games they will dial the settings to their skill level and Love the end result. This game is Truly amazing and like nothing I have seen as a total package. And yes on the mods thats a given lol...

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That sounds like an awful lot of multiball!

Agree with Levi.

Are you playing a lot of multi-ball? Or is a good chunk of the game played with a single ball?

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I missed out on CE but the LE art looks better to me.

I'm know I'm in the minority on this, but I don't think the LE art looks nice at all, and I'm usually not picky about pinball art. It looks cluttered, way too busy, and reminds me of a cork board at a coffee shop where people put their business cards and dog grooming flyers. I think the CE purple trim and AFD art is by far the best.

Of course everyone has their preference and I'm only one man's opinion. There's really no right or wrong answer.

#535 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Oh come on, I'm sure we all can agree that the SE art is crap.

100% agree.

#556 3 years ago

The one takeaway I have from reading all the GNR threads, at least I know who the GNR art snobs are.

Quoted from rai:

I missed out on CE but the LE art looks better to me.

Quoted from rai:

However.... the LE (to me) has better cabinet art.

Quoted from rai:

To me the GnR LE with the show posters looks cool different than other pins, like the way they look. Plus a lot of different styles and art details. CE art is also good but I just prefer the LE.

Quoted from rai:

I know it's silly to draw the line at $500 extra but that was how much I was on the fence with also wanting the LE initially and still like the art on the LE.

Quoted from rai:

Anyway imo the art on the LE and armor color is better to me.

Quoted from delt31:

Bc we all know AFD was purple! Looks silly along with that art with a pinball on it. Sorry but GnR art shouldn't ever include an actual pinball.

Quoted from delt31:

This game is literally available as an LE that I believe the majority prefers art wise and all of the extras, literally, can be added except maybe 1 or 2 things?

Quoted from delt31:

I feel the same way. That is not AFD - that's artwork with a pinball on it and even worse, a robot on the front? What? The cross has a girl with blue hair? I get they're part of the band now but that's not true GnR AFD! Those concert posters - those are real life posters from the tour - not some interpretation made for pinball. It's like the flippers added to the GnR logo. I hate that. GnR is cool - pinball, well cmon now.
I get the CE guys are bummed b/c you ordered something and didn't get it but how anyone could prefer that art is beyond me. Again - a robot is on the front of the game.

Quoted from delt31:

art could have been a black box and it was selling out. Or better yet, that terrible SE art. Had nothing to do with that. This was flippers 101 and diehards.

Quoted from delt31:

All subjective but I rather have the DE GnR art than the CE or SE. The SE is even worse than the CE. The LE is so nice!

Quoted from delt31:

LE for me! That art is great and just has what I need. If the CE art was flipped with LE JJP might have got me with the CE but I'm not a fan of that art at all, with SE being the worst if the bunch.

Quoted from delt31:

Cabinet art is all subjective. I'm down with the LE no question. Best of the bunch IMO. Really matches that concert feel.

Quoted from delt31:

Thank you!
Art is busy but cool.

Quoted from delt31:

Very high level but here we go:
Art - SE is terrible. Really don't like it at all. LE is busy but I like it. CE - OK but for 12.5, expected more.

Quoted from delt31:

I’m loving what I’m seeing thus far. Art for me makes this so easy. LE is leaps and bounds better. Overall looks to be a great package

Quoted from delt31:

The main reason I'm out on the CE and went in on LE is artwork. I really love the LE artwork and really don't like the CE. Purple for GnR? Pinball on the side art is really just not GnR style. If the art was flipped I would be in on CE so they actually saved me some $$. haha
Congrats to JJP for selling a ton of these!!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider afm95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-burned-jjp-gnr-ce-deposit?tu=afm95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.