distributors.JPG
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
20201006_175442 (resized).jpg
SCAN0069 (resized).JPG
082111B9-6A26-4475-A827-39EA6E48FB54 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpeg
B747EC86-1689-4717-8D13-688639951FA8.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As KingPinGames noted in another thread the distributors were no given their allotment numbers yet however some distributors Assumed how many and simply started selling which is bad on them Not JJP.

I agree and disagree. I agree distributors should not have taken deposits without getting their allocation, but its 100% the responsibility of JJP to allocate numbers to their distribution network. The fact that they did not is terrible business. All JJP did was put their sales force in a bad situation, because they basically wanted more direct sales. I'm all for them making $, but this time they royally screwed up simply because they wanted to cut out their distribution network.

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The only thing that could make this shit show any worse is if the game comes with chipping playfields like pirates and Wonka did and Jack tells his customers to pound sand again!

That a boy who-dey....maybe they spared me from a play field shit show...I guess theres a silver lining

#101 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

If Kaneda loses some of his 4 CE spots, will be interesting to see if he can keep up his new cool-as-a-cucumber schtick or if he instead unleashes a wrath of satinic spite onto JJP the likes we have never seen before. Should be interesting...

One of the few times JJP would 100% deserve it....I would be shocked if they agreed to sell 4 CE's to one individual...

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

You think they want to be part of this s*hit show? Even if cheated and wronged if they come on here stating that, it doesn’t look good for future business relationships. You think all these people saying their CEs were cancelled are lying? If a distributor had certain allotments for previous JJP pins, you cannot adjust based on what you sell direct when you have a hit, while distros sit in your badly received wonkas, dialed ins. Reward consistent business with consistent outcomes

I don't think Yelobird thinks its a shit show....but trust me it is....major fuck up on JJP's part....

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

All on top of years of dealing with JJP quality issues. Distributors must be furious!!!

If I was a distributor I'd be livid...especially since many are still sitting on DI, and WW CE's....thats a lot of cash sitting on the shelf collecting dust...

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

After breaking the news to me that my CE is no longer gonna happen, my distributor said “ do you want to order an LE.” I said he’ll no! F those pricks

Funny....I said the same thing

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Perhaps they won't do anything to address the problems.
But if they cared about their customers and 'sales associates', they'd announce that mistakes were made and they'll deliver games for orders placed through Friday. The number of CE games MIGHT go to 500+ something. Done.
Anyone who whines about 400 or 500 or 600 or 800 numbers can suck it and go away. Deposit refunded, your spot will go to someone else. That might cause the number of games down below 500 too.
I'd rather they do that then remake different versions of the game over and over.

Your right, but they won't do it...I'll just wait and buy one on the secondary market. They always come for sale at point. No more NIB JJP games for me. First it was the play field issues and now this.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I think it's kind of bad form from The distributors side.
Taking orders on product they are not certain to get. If they are promised a certain amount and jjp backs on that amount ofc the responsability falls on them.
That said, jjp wasn't ready for this. I hope they find a way to make potential customers somewhat ok with the situation.
That said, the LE looks absolutely awesome. I want to see some game play, but the LE is probably where im heading.
Lets hope they Dont sell them out, but to be honest, that Actually may happen.

There is almost zero chance they will ever sell out of GNR LE's....knowing JJP they would just make another version and try to charge a premium i.e. Slash version. I hear you on the distributors, but their business is finding customers and selling games. JJP finally releases a CE that everyone wants and they turn around and completely fuck their distribution network. Especially after these same people carried their inventory for years....

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Are we certain that is what happened?
Distro x was promised 10ce's. sold them and was told, you are only getting five.
Is that confirmed?

Thats not what happened to mine who is one of JJPs largest distributors. Its my understanding he put in for his standard allotment of CE's lets say that was 10-12 (I don't really know). That said distributor was pretty confident he would get his allotment based on past history, but JJP called and said no dice. I have no idea if they cut it in half or what? I really don't blame the distributor, and put 100% of the blame bad management on JJP's part....JJP is 100% to blame for this shit show

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Quite the contrary. This is truly bad for business, bad for the JJP supporters, and bad for pinball interest in general. And no I have no doubt those that got bumped made up a story they would have no reason to. Talking to a distributor today it seems the Wise thing to do for all OEM's since the CE's and Stern LE's are basically a money grab of profit is to have those models only available via the distribution network exclusively. Then the distributors that Earned that company support would be rewarded with sales.

Its terrible for JJP and possibly the distributor, but I don't put much blame on them. In this particular case its 100% bad business on JJP's part. I'm sure they figured since none of their past CE's ever sold very well history would repeat itself. That being said they should have procedures in place to deal with these situations. Do they care? maybe, maybe not? Who knows, but I know one thing many who got screwed will never do business with them again unless they try and make things right although I have no idea what that means. This is a 3rd grade math problem that they screwed up....

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Well allegedly more then 800 tried to order a 12.5k game within a Day.
Is it really unlikely that with good videos of game play 5000 will find the way to do 9.5k?
You are certainly right that, if that happens, they probably make more, but what if jjp is turning a corner and release toy story within a couple of months?
What then?
Will an alternate GNR take a backseat?
Well then you will wait for a vault, which probably means a scheduled release had failed. Will toy story be that? Will the next one after that?

Yep....those GNR LE's will be for sale up until they release their next game. I wouldn't hold my breath on them releasing another pin in the next few months....

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Just looking at the manufacturing site, how many games are they able to make monthly?

I have no clue...

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from player-one:

The terms of the agreements between JJP and its distributors may be such that allocations are exclusively determined by JJP and/or subject to adjustment by JJP for any reason, including availability based on direct JJP orders/sales. Or maybe there are no true allocations and the agreement provides that JJP fills distributor orders as available but at the lesser distributor price. Whatever the terms of the agreements are, I don't think anyone is forced to be a distributor or to continue being a distributor - the complete terms are surely mutually beneficial and neither JJP nor distributors are operating on a charitable basis. It is also likely that there are non-disclosure provisions and other compelling reasons preventing distributors, and JJP as well, from chiming in on these details. Maybe we will never know.
What we do know is that the CE appears to have significantly more demand than pretty much everyone anticipated. That's a good thing, in my opinion. If I ordered a CE through a distributor and was later told I couldn't have it, I would want to see confirmation that the distributor actually had the game to sell, or a confirmed allocation that was later changed by JJP, before I thought of complaining about JJP.
And maybe the 5,000 limited will not sell out any time soon. Or maybe they will. Monday evening, some claimed that only a dozen or two CEs were actually sold - and many were of the belief the CE would never sell out. Nonetheless, I hope everyone gets the machine they want - be it NIB or on the secondary market.

This shit show was 100% the fault of JJP.....there is no doubt in my mind JJP completely screwed their distributors by allowing all these games to be purchased directly from JJP. Theres a reason why Stern doesn't allow direct purchasing of games. You can say what u want, but the distributors and customers got screwed.

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Well I was informed last night that I lost my CE, it honestly almost made me laugh as I have literally had nothing but bad news in my life for the last 2 years. If losing my CE is the worst thing that happens to me this month I will count my blessing as I have my normal every 8 week brain MRI coming up in 2 weeks, so I hold my breath again like I always do. Congrats to everyone who got a CE, I probably didn’t need to be spending that kind of money on a pinball machine anyways.

Sorry man....did u get the same question "Would u like to change your order to an LE"? After this shit show I'm out on NIB JJP games...who knows maybe they saved us from more play field issues...gotta be silver lining in there somewhere

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Didn’t Stern allow direct purchases of BM66 SLE?

No idea as I didn't buy a BM66 SLE ... but in general u can't buy games direct from Stern. They know how to take care of their distribution channel.

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

This whole post gets it.
Not to rub it in but I'm pretty sure reading pinside the weekend before launch, we were going to be lucky to move 50 of these things.
I'm really sorry this happened. I think we can all agree that we didn't expect distributors to come at us with ALMOST DOUBLE the requests in total compared to the build amount. Should we have had it sorted beforehand? Probably. But we didn't, and I bet you didn't either, expect this overwhelming and frankly humbling demand. There was no history to indicate this.
So when the dust settled and we were in this situation, what could we do other than to work on reducing asks?
I thank all of you for your interest and we'll have it worked out better next time. I really didn't expect them to go so fast either, or even to be all gone on day 1.
I hope those that get shut out still consider an le because I think it's still a great game and has all the gameplay features of the ce.
Oh, and believe me or not, but website orders are a drop in the bucket compared to the total demand there was.

Sorry, but this is a laughable response. So now your saying its your distributors fault for coming at u with too many requests? U mean u didn't know this before launch? God forbid JJP set allocation prior to launch so everyone is on the same page....Come on man! You completely screwed your distributors and in return pissed off a loyal customer base.

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So you are in agreement with me that any company rep posting on pinside is making a mistake?
People always whine about the "lack of communication" from manufacturers. Well, this is why.

I could give two shits if they post or not...we already know what happened. JJP screwed their distribution channel and in return they pissed off loyal customers who may or may not ever buy from them again. Whats really pathetic is this shit show was sooooo easy to prevent....its a simple math problem that my 10 year old could do.

#251 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

You were all good till your #3.

Really? point 3 was the best one

#255 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

So your 10 year old kid can run a pinball company and the entire distribution network. Smart kid. Pinball is easy.

No, but in 10 minutes he could put together allocation numbers so the distribution network knew what the hell was going on. This is probably the easiest thing a pinball company has to do.

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from fuko:

If it's so easy, then why does literally every company in the world suck at it? Accurately predicting demand for a new product launch, and being ready to handle either too much or too little, is one of the hardest problems to solve for in business. I understand your frustration, but if you don't have any direct experience with that problem then I suggest you stop trying to tell everyone how easy it is, because you sound silly.

It has nothing to do with predicting demand...Its simply managing your sales channel so they can go to work selling your product. Its mind boggling to me u don't get it....

500 CE's in total (static number)
x amount of CE's for direct website sales (clearly this was their first mistake)
balance of CE's get allocated to our distribution network

It not that hard dude!

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Your 10 year old didn’t know the problem existed until it was too late- same as every professional at JJP.
In hindsight many, many people will have solutions. Some of those solutions will be implemented. Different problems will emerge and so on.
Congratulations on the incredible success!

True, but an educated sales person would know they need to manage their distribution network.

#276 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I got burned by Netflix today! They opened at $517 but now they are at $534. I didn’t make $17 a share. I was almost robbed.

You should have gotten in years ago when I did...the headquarters of that company is right down the street from me....I think my purchased shares were like $16

#278 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Sure. Difference here is that, because JJP bungled their preorder process, lots of customers were told they'd secured a machine and then learned it wasn't so. It may be factually correct to tell people that, given where they were on the preorder list, there were > 500 ahead of them so they didn't really "deserve" a CE. But when you tell someone they've got something, ask them to pay for it, and then take it away, you can expect them to be pissed.
Of course some people would still be griping on pinside if the game had sold out in seconds and they just missed out, but this is something different. And I think JJP has to be at least somewhat concerned about burning bridges with distributors and customers. Which is where the consolation prizes come in.

Totally agree. I find the excuses laughable...we all know what happened. JJP screwed the pooch from day 1 by not allocating sales to its distributors. I actually had a CE in my shopping cart but went the distributor route assuming they would be taken care of. In general greed is good for any company, but in this case they screwed a lot of people.

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dude, future money was lost.
And now he'll have to settle for the shitty $10,000 version of the game, where no future money will be won!!!
JJP are monsters!!!

I really could care less if a game goes up or down in value. I will admit its nice to have a game not many have in their collection, but could care less about resale value. We all know that most JJP LE's/CE's drop in value very quickly (POTC LE is an exception that rule)....my guess is GNR CE will increase if game play is up to par with POTC....time will tell

#285 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

when will these pinball companies figure out 500 is not a big enough run to meet demand.

well based on JJP past history 500 is more than enough

#287 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Just curious, how many people care about the limited availability of the collector's edition or they just want the the best possible version of the game?
Me personally, I couldn't care less how many they make, I just like to get the best version of the game.
If 1,000 other people have the same thing, I really don't care.
Make another version with the lock mech and different colors and sell what you can.
I don't really think most of us care about the limited numbers or collectability aspect of it.

I just wanted the best version of the game....and in my opinion it was the CE....I'm sure others feel differently

#296 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

People got hosed? LOL. Again, no one would have dreamed they would sell out of CE's in hours. A few days before people where talking about JJP on the verge of financial collapse and ruin. This site is so full of idiots. Half the people who ordered a CE probably just want to flip for a profit anyway.

coming from someone who didn't put up hard cash for a CE and then get bumped due to JJP's incompetence .... u sound like the idiot

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from fuko:

It has EVERYTHING to do with predicting demand. If the CE for the previous 3 or 4 games never sold out, and you PREDICTED this game would sell roughly similar, then you wouldn't have taken steps to pre-allocate with distributors, and you certainly wouldn't have limited the number of units sold through your first party channel.
In the end though, we agree they didn't take the right steps and here we are. I just don't think they are bad/stupid for it (e.g. suggesting a 10 yr old could have done better), because I see good/smart people end up in similar situations all the time.

I agree that predicting demand is always an issue, but in this particular case the shit show JJP created has nothing to do with that. They clearly thought about demand because they came up with the 500 unit number. What they didn't do is manage their distribution channel, which is a major business 101 screw up. I didn't say a 10 year could do better what I said was my 10 year could have figured out the math (direct versus distributor allocation numbers). These procedures should always be in place, and past history is no indication of that process....I guess JJP is laughing to bank (good for them), but in doing so they pissed off a lot of loyal customers.

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:That is only your personal perception as you did not get one. If you would have gotten one, you would probably also be crying wolf if JJP would make more than the 500. In case there is a limitation on a product, you will always piss off the people that want one but not get one.

Not really...I really could care less about the number of units or the price....I just like the overall package .... its really that simple

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#337 3 years ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

This too shall pass!
Soon we'll be seeing posts from all the CE buyers complaining about the quality of the playfield finish or this toy is bad or that mech doesn't work properly or the balls keep getting stuck and how dare they churn out this kind of quality for $12,500!!!

Theres always a silver lining I guess

#381 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I wrote them this letter per their site. Waiting to see what happens if any cancels occur.
Hello, I purchased a non-refundable $2000 deposit on a GnR CE on 10/5 with XXXXXXXXXXXX exactly 2 minutes and 27 seconds after the launch window opened. Today I emailed the distributor and they are telling me JJP pulled their allotment back by 1/3rd and that I would most likely no longer receive one. So I am very confused here. I sat all day after the launch window thinking I had a confirmed reservation as XXXXXXXXXX stopped taking orders on their site an hour later. Meanwhile, the JJP site continued to sell machines. So, I could have paid JJP direct and been guaranteed, but since I went with a trusted distributor, I am out in the cold, and worse yet, this is because the allotment was cut? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this. Why even have a distributor network at all? Hope you can repair my situation as this would have been my first JJP purchase. Thank you for your time

Well said....Theres a reason why Stern doesn't sell directly to customers. Its just too confusing, and it cuts out your real sales force. The whole order direct option is what really screwed things up. JJP needs to pick which sand box they want to play in

#393 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Spooky does both and blew through 750 Rick and Mortys in about the same amount of time if not faster. I remember some salty folks regarding how quickly they sold out but the whole thing was handled well as far as I could tell.

Good to know someone knows how to manage both sides...

#395 3 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

This cant be compared to spooky at all with Rick and morty, was handled in a complete different way.
From my understanding, Distributors were asked how many they wanted prior to release. So if a distributor said he wanted 50, thats what he emailed them saying he will take. JJP doesn't reply to any distributor at that time to "confirm" they are getting that many, but also not saying they are not. SO the distributors "assume" that they are getting what they asked, since this is how it was handled on all previous releases.
Who is at fault: I honestly believe JJP is, since this was there standard operating procedure previously.
Sadly, JJP has caused some disruption in their business model because of greed. Several distributors are unhappy, and it will affect JJP in the long term.
Back to my first comment. Distributors knew for a fact that they had X amount of games, and only sold that many, and this information was given to them prior to release

Be careful speaking logic....some will jump down your throat for that They don't like to hear the truth.....

#397 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

While i'm still VERY excited to get a GNR CE, after watching the stream tonight i've got a feeling that anyone that wants one is going to be able to get it.
A lot of folks will either drop out because they can't flip it OR drop down to the LE.
A little patience and the "getting burned" feeling might recede a bit after the FOMO wears off.

I hope your right, but Its really hard to judge a game via a first video stream.....this is the type of game u need to flip in person in order to enjoy the entire experience. Code is developed, but its still early, and will get refined over time. It looks like a great pin to me, and getting the full experience (CE) will only be a bonus.

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I would love to see the LE with the cal res side art, mirrored back glass, complete led light show, coma lock. Let the CE buyers get the topper, different playfield, art, signed card and topper.

Once the talented Mod guys/gals get a hold of the machine I'm sure it will dress up nicely. Clearly adding game blades, cool shooter rod, and an emblem on the lockdown bar will some of the first to hit the market. My guess is they will almost replicate what their doing on the CE

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Yes, just for show. It is a smart form of misdirection away from having light put on the fact that they withheld allocations to increase profit. This way the sheep are happy with the fact that
1. What caused an issue was buyers of multiples (those scum), and
2. We at JJP are united with those who didn’t get one through your distributer and we will fight on your behalf by rooting out this evil and going on a witch hunt for duplicates.
Just for show. Smart.

Listen I'm happy JJP actually made a pin that sold out quick. I'm also happy they are trying to maximize profits. The lesson learned is if you want to try and guarantee a CE from JJP you have to buy direct...its really that simple .... personally I think thats terrible for their distribution network, but thats their business decision...

#455 3 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I would love this as an upgrade option on the LE as well.....

I heard last night on the stream that u can connect a sound bar to theSE or LE so it looks like buyers are all good in that department.

#466 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:After my CE got cut, my distributor offered me a LE.
I thought all night about it. Well I just told them no thanks. I can’t support a company that would screw over the very people that had JJPs backs through the bad times. I also don’t want to support a company that just screwed me for profit.
I sure hope Led Zeppelin is a great game.

My guess is will be a really fun game

#469 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

My guess is JJP will sell these games as advertized with 500 CEs and other versions etc for a couple years. Then will release a new version like Slash edition (or whatever) having all or most features of CE or maybe something added and sell hundreds more. Will have updated mechs and glitches fixed.
Just always remember, you will get a great game in time. Look at WOZRR compared to emerald edition.

Of course they will + LE buyers can just connect a sound bar for less than $100, and all the creative mod guys will come with shooter rods, lockdown bar emblems, and game blades that look like the CE version....I would also bet that JJP will sell a topper for the LE / SE buyers....just like they did on WW

#472 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Just got my regret email as well from JJ. I won't be taking him up on the LE discount. Now I'll get a chance to play it and pickup the next version of the LE if the game proves to be a classic. Ah well, lesson learned, on to the next thing.

I don't blame u....what kind of discount? Free shipping?

#482 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Theme is important to a lot of us...
I’m in for GnR.
Out for Toy Story for the same reason I will not be getting a R&M. No interest.

It really does....

#496 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Completely understand and support your and others disappointment in how this played out and the end decision how you move forward is Fully your own. With that said, the end goal here is Fun pinball and the LE is without question a kick ass amazing game. Had 15 people over yesterday including Eric and Everyone absolutely Loved the game and how it played. NOT an upsell but in a lineup like mine which is similar to most in a dark room you can't see the cabinet art, the under/rear lights would hardly be seen, and the game play is the Exact same. Plus you get to put 3k in betting money in your pocket which I May have lost yesterday betting on this game.... The game is Incredible, try not to let this business stumble detract from Your enjoyment of the hobby and fun.
[quoted image]

I hear a lot of complaints about flow, MB's, etc from the game play reveal (I don't share those feelings). Personally it looks a total blast to play. My guess is you really need to experience it live to fully appreciate all thats going on. Is that your read? and have you designed the shooter rod, and lockdown bar emblem yet

#500 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I've got a Flow machine (SW Prem), a Shot Machine (JP Prem), this LE is gonna scratch my Theme/Experience itch. I want this to be something different. Not every game has to have shot flow wash rinse repeat. I have every intention of this being an Experience pin and similar to guitar hero in a box of lights type gameplay and am perfectly fine with that. But it's no slouch either...there is some amazing flow to be had in this game from a clip i saw on the What the Flip stream...the Buffalo stream was a snoozefest (lasted 4 minutes) and looked to be setup wrong.

I totally agree...if u have multiple games in your collection its nice to have differences in game play.....many in my collection are flow games, and some are start and stop games....its nice to have options .... GNR seems like its full of energy, which is great for a kick ass music pin

#503 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok my Opinion (nothing more) on the MB fears. By default the game comes from the factory (as seen in every video) with a 60 Second ball save on songs MB's. For that reason it Appears to endless MB's since when one song ends it goes into the next song and Bam another 60 seconds. Add to that when collecting band members you get Additional time on top of that! My opinion is as owners get their games they will dial the settings to their skill level and Love the end result. This game is Truly amazing and like nothing I have seen as a total package. And yes on the mods thats a given lol...

Ahh I did not know that...thanks ....

#512 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Saying this is ALWAYS unpopular with pinsiders but if you ask me they should add another 500 games. I said the same thing with Rick and Morty... if the demand is there make the games. When these pinball companies have a hit on their hands should we really hold their feet to the fire about not increasing the number. Spooky never sold more than 500 games they didn't know if they can sell 750 they found out yeah you can. Great for them I'm super happy for Spooky! So why not add more then so Spooky can make more money. Spooky's next title might not be successful who knows... strike while you can.
Is it really that bad that people want the game so you make more? I know you're worried about you're resale value but honestly I don't think JJP thought there would be 500 buyers at $12,500 dollars. I mean come on that is a lot of money. They found out the WORLD is full of Guns N Roses fans with a lot of disposable income.
Make 500 more wouldn't you rather people get what they want then be upset?
Hey its just my opinion but JJP should announce another 500 copies, either way its still going to be very rare because there are MILLIONS of Guns fans who will buy the game with a motto of TIL DEATH DO WE PART. Even at 1000 versions you won't see a lot up for sale just like you don't see a lot of Kiss LE for sale.
I think in the end there would be more HAPPY people with that announcement than unhappy!
Just my two cents even if my view is in the minority.
With ALL that being said buying an LE is still amazing, and some like the artwork a lot better. Tough situation no question.

Your not wrong, but that shipped has sailed with JJP. JJP can always push people to another version, which is essentially the same game play. Not sure why Spooky wouldn't keep making games, but it sounds like they know what their doing.

#514 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

To me autographs mean nothing.

True, but they are a differentiator and add value (how much is anyones guess). My bet is there aren't very many signature cards with 3 original members...to me the CE package looked incredible, but the LE artwork looked nice as well. The LE version as it sits looked unfinished (no game blades, topper, shooter, emblem, etc) compared to the CE....is that worth the extra cheddar? probably not since the mod guys will finish up the LE version nicely. Artwork work is very personal so to each their own.

#518 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

For me the autographs of the band members are worth a lot more than the company president's signature on a piece of paper or the game designers signature on a plastic. Although, I feel like the autographs have value I feel the art and extra features are enough to buy a CE for the same price without them.

The difference is their celebrities....so clearly they have a lot more value...

#520 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Here’s the rub.
I wanted to see the gameplay before I committed to the most expensive pinball machine I’ve ever bought.
I didn’t want something like Munsters LE or like the original Avengers LE. So I said let me wait a day or two. But once I hear it’s getting scarce I call around and no dealers had any.
Too bad now, if say Toy Story is the same might have to buy immediately before seeing any gameplay and I may not like it and get stuck with a pin I don’t love just because I’m scared it’ll sell out in one hour.
However.... the LE (to me) has better cabinet art. I don’t notice the PF art not sure if the gold glitter is good, bad or neutral.
I hope to play first before getting a LE. If anyone has one in Central Florida let me know I’d like to play before committing $10k

Welcome to all the Stern LE buyers....they are in the same boat....u roll the dice....I agree it seems crazy, but its been happening for years.

#529 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I know exactly how you feel as you may have read my exact story and I feel EXACTLY as you do. In the end, I gave it a night to sleep on it, woke up and got the LE after my CE got pulled back by JJP. Yes it hurts, but I feel wiser for going through this. Next "gotta have pin" ...if JJP... will be Direct Only unless they change their policy. I personally love the CE art package but that's me in the minority I guess.

Your not in the minority....the entire CE package (including art) was far better than the LE package. If it wasn't it wouldn't have sold out in the first hour.

#537 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

art could have been a black box and it was selling out. Or better yet, that terrible SE art. Had nothing to do with that. This was flippers 101 and diehards.

Oh come on man is there really bad art on these modern pins? Their all nicely done at some level (all subjective), and at the end of the day u don't play the artwork. The overall look of the CE package (art, powder coating, shooter, topper, emblem) was just bad ass, which is why I wanted one.

#546 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

All subjective but I rather have the DE GnR art than the CE or SE. The SE is even worse than the CE. The LE is so nice!

Agree its subjective....the artwork on the LE reminded me of a coaster u would pick up at a local CVS ... but I'm no super fan and had no idea they even made concert posters let alone have significant value.....when I look at these pins its about the whole package and not just the artwork...

#568 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don't know.........
Scarcity brings out.....
Flippers and they buy up a block of games and there is not any more to go around, people flip out and pay more.
True scarcity doesn't make a game valuable, XMLE is very scarce and not any premium so less than 600 and that game is not too valuable.
If there was unlimited of say 1500 of the CE, there would not be any flippers buying up a large number to sell later at a hike.
I don't want to say but it could still be dealers looking to sell later for more, maybe they say my allocation is low (but I'm keeping 5 for my friends and family don't you know?)

Do you really think there are a lot of flippers out there? How many do u think were sold in the USA versus the balance of the planet?

#586 3 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Australia got 10.

Wow....although they were shipping POTC LE's from Australia back to the USA last year....Does JJP's typically sell well in Australia?

#587 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

And was expecting 30 and had over 40 people on the list. Oh well more LEs sold!!

Gotcha...I wonder how many of the CE's will stay in the USA? Maybe half?

#612 3 years ago

Although I think its BS that they locked out their distribution channel on the CE's in the end greed is good for any company. This is the new JJP, and its about making a great product and maximizing profit....nothing wrong with that. Now we all know what to do if your interested in their next CE. Jump on their website and wait until you can put one in your shopping cart and buy it....u have to assume none will go to distributors in the future.

#619 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I wonder how many JJP distributors will upvote your post?

I don't agree with the policy, and I think it sucks, but unless JJP changes their policy what are your options if you really want their CE?

#626 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Hopefully jjp will learn from this and we will get out allocation number before the release.

No doubt....its really a simple problem to solve...just allocate CE numbers prior to launch and all is good.

#641 3 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Problem in the future will be when JJP calls a distributor to do them a favor and fix a game that was sold direct. I could see many distributors telling JJP no more doing warranty fixes for free on direct sold machines. When you screw over your distributors AKA the people who service and fix your machines, probably won't end well i'm thinking.

Totally get it....I've never bought a game direct, but unless JJP tells everyone things have changed you have no choice if u want to get a future CE. Unless JJP allocates prior to selling on line so distributors know how many they have to sell, and we eliminate the mess JJP created.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 210.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-burned-jjp-gnr-ce-deposit?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.