distributors.JPG
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
20201006_175442 (resized).jpg
SCAN0069 (resized).JPG
082111B9-6A26-4475-A827-39EA6E48FB54 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpeg
B747EC86-1689-4717-8D13-688639951FA8.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NightTrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#232 3 years ago

JJP, please read this. This game looks amazing. I'm lucky to be in on a CE.

I think there are a few things that could be done here to help fix all of this. I'm no genius, but here is my $.02 if you care.

1 - Ask for full payment for all the CE orders. That will likely free up a bunch of spots. You will get rid of all the tire kickers here.

2 - Make sure if someone's name is on 2 machines, they are only getting 1. They may have put in orders through different distributors because communication was a bit crazy on Monday. It's likely they only really wanted 1 machine anyhow.

3 - If you still have guys that got their CE orders reversed, offer them the LE at a discount or maybe free shipping. Help soften that blow.

If things 1 and 2 are done, the problem may be solved. If you have to go to option 3, so be it. Knock off $250-$500 on an LE or give free shipping. This would really help save the situation.

#248 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

You were all good till your #3.

Why do you say that? Not being argumentative. Just curious what your thoughts are.

#309 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Just expecting a discount after someone missed out on a very limited item. Its the nature of the beast. I agree it wasnt handled correctly. But Through Keefer JJP has apologized and promised to be better next time around. It just is what it is. There is no making everyone happy. Because demand outweighs supply of a limited collectors item. This happens all the time and is what makes collectibles valuable in the first place.
If i had missed out on CE i would care less about a few hundred dollars off from an LE. Its not about the money clearly. Its about the item.
I dont agree JJP should feel obligated to give out discounts. Discounts dont help anything anyway.

I'm not sure I agree with this. The problem is that guys were told, "Yes, we have a CE for you, thanks for the deposit". Meanwhile, there were still CE's available on JJP's website. So these guys could have bought directly through JJP, but they were told they were good to go.

Here's an analogy: There are two lines for concert tickets. You're standing in one line waiting for these rare tickets to become available. You get to the front counter and hand over your money. Tickets are handed back to you. You're good to go! Meanwhile, now there is nobody in the other line, and there are still plenty of tickets available in that line. You think nothing of it. You go home happy, only to find out later that your tickets are fake. If you knew this, you would have stood in the other line.

So I follow your logic if the fact was that you just didn't get in line early enough and showed up when the tickets were sold out. But this isn't what happened.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hardware
Pinball Haven

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11,000.00
12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NightTrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-burned-jjp-gnr-ce-deposit?tu=NightTrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.