distributors.JPG
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
20201006_175442 (resized).jpg
SCAN0069 (resized).JPG
082111B9-6A26-4475-A827-39EA6E48FB54 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpeg
B747EC86-1689-4717-8D13-688639951FA8.gif

There are 657 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
#1 3 years ago

JJP pulled the allotment of 10 CEs from my dealer. Now they’re only getting 2. I was number 5 on the list. I Put down a $1,000 deposit 10 minutes after reveal. Obviously JJP wanted to sell direct when they saw the money they were leaving on the table!
Who else got F%#^! Lest start a list!

#2 3 years ago

Popcorn is ready.

#3 3 years ago

Did JJP really renege on confirmed allocation? If so, wow.

#4 3 years ago

Seeing as No distributor has received their confirmed allotment sounds like your Dealer has others buyers lined up and doesn’t want to BS you with a false promise?

#5 3 years ago

Don’t care

#6 3 years ago

This will be interesting.

#7 3 years ago

Happened over here in uk too

Distributior thought was getting 10.. only got 9
Had to contact 10th person and give them the bad news

#8 3 years ago

I was waiting to hear from a couple distributors. Thought I would give them my business instead of going direct. I'm never going to make that mistake again. I'm only going direct through JJP next time. If there is a next time, I'm not interested in toy story.

#9 3 years ago

I’ve talked to 4 distributors. They’ve all confirmed allotment reduction. SHAMEFUL!

#10 3 years ago

Then why are you in this thread?

#11 3 years ago

Did distros just assume they'd get a certain allotment based on previous games? Or were they explicitly told they'd get a certain number of GNR CEs, then JJP reneged?

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

To emphasize my lack of empathy toward the OPs “dilemma”

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Did distros just assume they'd get a certain allotment based on previous games? Or were they explicitly told they'd get a certain number of GNR CEs, then JJP reneged?

As KingPinGames noted in another thread the distributors were no given their allotment numbers yet however some distributors Assumed how many and simply started selling which is bad on them Not JJP.

#14 3 years ago

This should be entertaining. You won’t be alone. Wouldn’t call it getting burned unless you still lose your deposit and that’s it gonna happen

Allocations should have been divided up ahead of release. I bet based on past releases there was not an issue of distros getting more CE’s because they didn’t sell this quick. Not sure anyone saw this coming at the 12.5K price point.

I have a feeling once the FOMO wears off in the next few days/weeks some people will back out. Buyers remorse and some just realize they can’t afford it. Just be on the hunt and I am sure you will find one.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

This should be entertaining. You won’t be alone. Wouldn’t call it getting burned unless you still lose your deposit and that’s it gonna happen
Allocations should have been divided up ahead of release. I bet based on past releases there was not an issue of distros getting more CE’s because they didn’t sell this quick. Not sure anyone saw this coming at the 12.5K price point.
I have a feeling once the FOMO wears off in the next few days/weeks some people will back out. Buyers remorse and some just realize they can’t afford it. Just be on the hunt and I am sure you will find one.

I wonder why it’s hasn’t been an issue in the past?

Shitty themes, no matter what any one says..rock pins sell.

#16 3 years ago
B747EC86-1689-4717-8D13-688639951FA8.gifB747EC86-1689-4717-8D13-688639951FA8.gif
#17 3 years ago

It doesn’t sound like the release was very well managed. Distributors were asked what they wanted for allotments and sold to that amount. Now that amount is being cut I imagine for the direct sales if I understand the situation.

#18 3 years ago

I'm not mad at JJP. It's hard to please everyone when there is such high demand. I just wish I hadn't hesitated on buying one through the website. I thought the distributors I contacted would have one. Next time its direct for me no matter what. I'm not going to chance this again based on unknown allotments.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Obviously JJP wanted to sell direct when they saw the money they were leaving on the table!
Who else got F%#^! Lest start a list!

Im not sure I understand your logic. There is a finite number of CE’s . How were they leaving money on the table? It doesn’t matter if they sell direct or through a distributor. A game sold is a game sold.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

To annoy you I guess!!

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Im not sure I understand your logic. There is a finite number of CE’s . How were they leaving money on the table? It doesn’t matter if they sell direct or through a distributor. A game sold is a game sold.

It was the same price through the distributor. Unless the distributors are't making any money, its more lucrative to sell direct.

#22 3 years ago

I got FCKed as well!@#%$##@!

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Quoted from insight75:

It was the same price through the distributor. Unless the distributors are't making any money, its more lucrative to sell direct.

Bingo

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As KingPinGames noted in another thread the distributors were no given their allotment numbers yet however some distributors Assumed how many and simply started selling which is bad on them Not JJP.

Wrong. Bad on JJP. Have a plan from the outset. Not a shitshow

Everyone should have known what they had. Now they get a bunch of pissed off people.

Not too hard to understand

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Well they don’t have to pay the distributor if they sell direct

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

This should be stickied. Only work with reputable distributors.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Everyone should have known what they had. Now they get a bunch of pissed off people.

Totally agree. Distributors should operate like regular businesses do, and not assume they are getting things, then sell spots which don’t exist to buyers. Not too hard to understand.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree. Spooky, Stern, and CGC all seem to have figured out how to sell a limited edition game through these same distributors. This is on JJP.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Totally agree. Distributors should operate like regular businesses do, and not assume they are getting things, then sell spots which don’t exist to buyers. Not too hard to understand.

Yeah let’s leave your sales force totally in the dark. The ones that supported you through the shitty sales of other games and still sitting on old inventory they can’t sell

That’s f ing stupid

Not too hard to figure that one out but apparently it is for some of you guys

#30 3 years ago

Live gameplay uploaded to YouTube

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I agree. Spooky, Stern, and CGC all seem to have figured out how to sell a limited edition game through these same distributors. This is on JJP.

Bingo, Spooky had it figured out.

Now JJP is dealing with a shitshow

It’s THEIR f ing dealers! Wtf

#32 3 years ago

Bingo ICE! More $$ for JJP. And I think they need it. I don’t think their sales have been super strong with the last couple of releases. They needed a hit to stay afloat. This is it. An immediate 6.5 Mil in 24 hours. Add to it the LE and SE sales and they may have made another million or so easy. They are in a good position and I think are getting better with each release.

But it is pretty shitty if that is what they did to their distributors.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Bingo ICE! More $$ for JJP. And I think they need it. I don’t think their sales have been super strong with the last couple of releases. They needed a hit to stay afloat. This is it. An immediate 6.5 Mil in 24 hours. Add to it the LE and SE sales and they may have made another million or so easy. They are in a good position and I think are getting better with each release.

I think it’s great. I’m happy for them

JJP had a conference call with their dealers at 11 am.

What they do, play online tiddly winks?

#34 3 years ago

Same shit happened with Metallica LE. Amazing how you were still able to pick one up NIB several months later.

#35 3 years ago

Just heard back from my distro, he can't confirm his orders yet due to the JJP cuts.

#36 3 years ago

It’s a JJP game. Just wait 6 months and there will be another set of CEs

#37 3 years ago

In 6 months they probably won't be done making the first set of CEs.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Same shit happened with Metallica LE. Amazing how you were still able to pick one up NIB several months later.

It did. Remember it well Odiner!

That was the beginning of the end to “flipper profit”

Stern keeps gobbling all that extra cheese up by raising prices. Can’t blame em

At $12.5 you would think JJP did too

But hey, Kaneda is flipping 4 of them

But you are right. Dust settles and there will Be CE games available IF you want one after the crazed flippers realize they can’t get more than $12.5k by flipping deposits

#39 3 years ago

This does not surprise me one bit!

#40 3 years ago

I ordered a CE from JJP and received a confirmation email--but my credit card hasn't been billed. I emailed them and have not received a reply. Anyone else experience this?

#41 3 years ago

Whoa! Gameplay looks bad af!

#42 3 years ago

Whatever they are doing, it seems to be working.

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#43 3 years ago

From what my distributor posted on facebook it seems the CE was way over sold and a lot of us will have our CE orders cancelled tomorrow. It sounds like they are getting the lists from all the distributors and cancelling those that ordered multiple games from different sources first.

#44 3 years ago

Funny all these kids crying about all the "grandpa rock" but this thing is selling like water in Death Valley.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

I ordered a CE from JJP and received a confirmation email--but my credit card hasn't been billed. I emailed them and have not received a reply. Anyone else experience this?

I was only charged $1,000 so far and received the confirmation email that didn't even show that charge on it. But knowing who I was dealing with, I am 100% comfortable that I am locked in. My understanding from discussions with this person in the weeks and days before the release was that they either may or may not take a deposit and will then bill you when the game is ready to be either picked up or shipped. They will also then quote the shipping. I was originally going to pick mine up in person, but you have to pay sales tax there if you do. That's like double the shipping cost.

#46 3 years ago

Black Arrow CE coming soon?

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Black Arrow CE coming soon?

Too soon

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Live gameplay uploaded to YouTube

I WANT

Quoted from Gryszzz:

Funny all these kids crying about all the "grandpa rock" but this thing is selling like water in Death Valley.

yep, I knew it would. Easily one of the greatest rock bands of all time and their latest tour is highest grossing tour ever. I have been watching game play and it looks amazing. I will be getting a LE at some point.

#49 3 years ago

Yeah wife bought us fourth row seats....GD.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Haha Gryszzz...Grandpa Rock is bad azzz

082111B9-6A26-4475-A827-39EA6E48FB54 (resized).jpeg082111B9-6A26-4475-A827-39EA6E48FB54 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
There are 657 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-burned-jjp-gnr-ce-deposit?hl=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.