distributors.JPG
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
20201006_175442 (resized).jpg
SCAN0069 (resized).JPG
082111B9-6A26-4475-A827-39EA6E48FB54 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpeg
B747EC86-1689-4717-8D13-688639951FA8.gif
There are 657 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

If Kaneda loses some of his 4 CE spots, will be interesting to see if he can keep up his new cool-as-a-cucumber schtick or if he instead unleashes a wrath of satinic spite onto JJP the likes we have never seen before. Should be interesting...

One of the few times JJP would 100% deserve it....I would be shocked if they agreed to sell 4 CE's to one individual...

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

One of the few times JJP would 100% deserve it....I would be shocked if they agreed to sell 4 CE's to one individual...

They should not sell 4 to him. He's just going to flip them eventually. One per customer.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

They should not sell 4 to him. He's just going to flip them eventually. One per customer.

Where does it say one per customer? lol To be honest If I were JJP and someone wanted to buy all 500 why would they care. Business is sales.

#104 3 years ago

Come on Yelobird it’s just wording. They are still distributing the games for JJP, no matter how they say it. And you as a reputable company putting this out there on this thread can’t be good for business?

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Well I'm in on an LE now......CE spot gone. I may actually be happy about this. I'm not sure.

I thought about an LE and then noticed that the appetite for destruction artwork was completely missing from cabinet and the only way to get the iconic art including the Cross is on the CE backbox. Also, if you watch a few streams, the PF Colors & lighting completely clash with the Orange Brick armor—but are a perfect match for the Purple custom powder coat.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Come on Yelobird it’s just wording. They are still distributing the games for JJP, no matter how they say it. And you as a reputable company putting this out there on this thread can’t be good for business?

My point was they are just buyers. Same as us only they get a commission. IF they are getting cheated and doing wrong by the customers you would think one of them would be posting by now? They are actually loosing money, customers, and business.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

My point was they are just buyers. Same as us only they get a commission. IF they are getting cheated and doing wrong by the customers you would think one of them would be posting by now? They are actually loosing money, customers, and business.

You think they want to be part of this s*hit show? Even if cheated and wronged if they come on here stating that, it doesn’t look good for future business relationships. You think all these people saying their CEs were cancelled are lying? If a distributor had certain allotments for previous JJP pins, you cannot adjust based on what you sell direct when you have a hit, while distros sit in your badly received wonkas, dialed ins. Reward consistent business with consistent outcomes

#108 3 years ago

I knew I’d seen the top hat somewhere before.

Maybe Slade CE next?

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#109 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Got my money back but lost my CE spot.

Well there is that , heard the deposit was not refundable. By the title of your thread I thought you lost your deposit.

Sorry you didn't get your CE

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

You think they want to be part of this s*hit show? Even if cheated and wronged if they come on here stating that, it doesn’t look good for future business relationships. You think all these people saying their CEs were cancelled are lying? If a distributor had certain allotments for previous JJP pins, you cannot adjust based on what you sell direct when you have a hit, while distros sit in your badly received wonkas, dialed ins. Reward consistent business with consistent outcomes

I don't think Yelobird thinks its a shit show....but trust me it is....major fuck up on JJP's part....

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

All on top of years of dealing with JJP quality issues. Distributors must be furious!!!

#112 3 years ago

kaneda was already critical of JJPs failure on monday to clearly direct customers as to where and when they could view the release and subsequently place an order. now, he might actually be upset.

fumble by JJP, still score a touchdown.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

All on top of years of dealing with JJP quality issues. Distributors must be furious!!!

If I was a distributor I'd be livid...especially since many are still sitting on DI, and WW CE's....thats a lot of cash sitting on the shelf collecting dust...

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I got screwed too. Same story as the others. It’s a painfully amateurish mistake to oversell like that. Really leaves a sour taste. Way to piss off your potential customers, JJP. Maybe I’ll hold out for Food Truck.

Food Truck got their own pin? Cool!

#115 3 years ago

JJP isn’t going to do anything here. They sold all CEs, and those that left out will buy more LEs. They don’t care

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

JJP isn’t going to do anything here. They sold all CEs, and those that left out will buy more LEs. They don’t care

After breaking the news to me that my CE is no longer gonna happen, my distributor said “ do you want to order an LE.” I said he’ll no! F those pricks

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Perhaps they won't do anything to address the problems.
But if they cared about their customers and 'sales associates', they'd announce that mistakes were made and they'll deliver games for orders placed through Friday. The number of CE games MIGHT go to 500+ something. Done.
Anyone who whines about 400 or 500 or 600 or 800 numbers can suck it and go away. Deposit refunded, your spot will go to someone else. That might cause the number of games down below 500 too.
I'd rather they do that then remake different versions of the game over and over.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

This should be entertaining. You won’t be alone. Wouldn’t call it getting burned unless you still lose your deposit and that’s it gonna happen
Allocations should have been divided up ahead of release. I bet based on past releases there was not an issue of distros getting more CE’s because they didn’t sell this quick. Not sure anyone saw this coming at the 12.5K price point.
I have a feeling once the FOMO wears off in the next few days/weeks some people will back out. Buyers remorse and some just realize they can’t afford it. Just be on the hunt and I am sure you will find one.

Highly doubtful

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

After breaking the news to me that my CE is no longer gonna happen, my distributor said “ do you want to order an LE.” I said he’ll no! F those pricks

Funny....I said the same thing

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Perhaps they won't do anything to address the problems.
But if they cared about their customers and 'sales associates', they'd announce that mistakes were made and they'll deliver games for orders placed through Friday. The number of CE games MIGHT go to 500+ something. Done.
Anyone who whines about 400 or 500 or 600 or 800 numbers can suck it and go away. Deposit refunded, your spot will go to someone else. That might cause the number of games down below 500 too.
I'd rather they do that then remake different versions of the game over and over.

Your right, but they won't do it...I'll just wait and buy one on the secondary market. They always come for sale at point. No more NIB JJP games for me. First it was the play field issues and now this.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I was also offered an LE but said I'll think about it. There is no rush to buy an LE. I'll wait and see what happens.

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think it's kind of bad form from The distributors side.
Taking orders on product they are not certain to get. If they are promised a certain amount and jjp backs on that amount ofc the responsability falls on them.

That said, jjp wasn't ready for this. I hope they find a way to make potential customers somewhat ok with the situation.

That said, the LE looks absolutely awesome. I want to see some game play, but the LE is probably where im heading.
Lets hope they Dont sell them out, but to be honest, that Actually may happen.

#123 3 years ago

Pulling allotment from the same distributors who had to face customers over all the JJP tech and playfield woes from WoZ and PotC? That is a massive dick move. If Stern had done if, Pinside would be running red with Stern blood for weeks....

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Pulling allotment from the same distributors who had to face customers over all the JJP tech and playfield woes from WoZ and PotC? That is a massive dick move. If Stern had done if, Pinside would be running red with Stern blood for weeks....

Are we certain that is what happened?
Distro x was promised 10ce's. sold them and was told, you are only getting five.
Is that confirmed?

#125 3 years ago

Not sure if this been said yet
Put perhaps they pull one that Stern did
And make 100 more

Why not if demand is there
Good for Pinball future of JJP

And happy customers on the extra 100

#126 3 years ago

No, I think it’s more distributors assumed they were getting a similar amount of games as in the past.

However they knew it was oversold last night and JJP keep their sales going through today

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I think it's kind of bad form from The distributors side.
Taking orders on product they are not certain to get. If they are promised a certain amount and jjp backs on that amount ofc the responsability falls on them.
That said, jjp wasn't ready for this. I hope they find a way to make potential customers somewhat ok with the situation.
That said, the LE looks absolutely awesome. I want to see some game play, but the LE is probably where im heading.
Lets hope they Dont sell them out, but to be honest, that Actually may happen.

There is almost zero chance they will ever sell out of GNR LE's....knowing JJP they would just make another version and try to charge a premium i.e. Slash version. I hear you on the distributors, but their business is finding customers and selling games. JJP finally releases a CE that everyone wants and they turn around and completely fuck their distribution network. Especially after these same people carried their inventory for years....

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Quite the contrary. This is truly bad for business, bad for the JJP supporters, and bad for pinball interest in general. And no I have no doubt those that got bumped made up a story they would have no reason to. Talking to a distributor today it seems the Wise thing to do for all OEM's since the CE's and Stern LE's are basically a money grab of profit is to have those models only available via the distribution network exclusively. Then the distributors that Earned that company support would be rewarded with sales.

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Not sure if this been said yet
Put perhaps they pull one that Stern did
And make 100 more
Why not if demand is there
Good for Pinball future of JJP
And happy customers on the extra 100

Interesting.
The amount of 500 means thoose getting probably isnt driven by the valuable aspect of scarcity. More of the value incorpareted with the collector edition.
If they did that, they should have good knowledge of consumergroup mindset or it might backfire heavily.
Alas it allready might have, with thoose left out, if they feel they've been promised a spot and deal made.
Walking the line.

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Are we certain that is what happened?
Distro x was promised 10ce's. sold them and was told, you are only getting five.
Is that confirmed?

Thats not what happened to mine who is one of JJPs largest distributors. Its my understanding he put in for his standard allotment of CE's lets say that was 10-12 (I don't really know). That said distributor was pretty confident he would get his allotment based on past history, but JJP called and said no dice. I have no idea if they cut it in half or what? I really don't blame the distributor, and put 100% of the blame bad management on JJP's part....JJP is 100% to blame for this shit show

#131 3 years ago

Here's where all "the little" guys can uniquely chime in.
WE ONLY SELL ONE MODEL!

#132 3 years ago

It might help to offer a solid discount on an LE for anyone who as a condition of pre ordering paid non-refundable money for a CE. I believe JJP has all the order details, so they know who to target.

#133 3 years ago

Right as I hit send I remembered Spooky did two with RaM.. But really, it was only one lol.

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

It might help to offer a solid discount on an LE for anyone who as a condition of pre ordering paid non-refundable money for a CE. I believe JJP has all the order details, so they know who to target.

Better than a sharp stick in the eye. I agree.

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

This

#136 3 years ago

From game exchange of Colorado... in their FB

Well.. Got the call we were worried about all day.. JJP is WAY oversold and is making cuts across the board to dealers.. Sadly we are going to have to refund and cancel some Guns and Roses CE orders. We will be working on the list tomorrow and contacting each person cut personally.. This being said.. If you have more than one order somewhere or you have decided you do not want the game please reach out to us.. We are trying to make sure anyone who wants one can get one.. But if you have orders in for more than one you will only get one. JJP has requested our list of sales and will be comparing them.. So please if you ordered more than one or from multiple dealers please let someone else have your spot. If you have any questions please reach out to us personally.. We do not know who is in or out yet, we want to see if anyone back out or is double ordered with JJP's checking orders before we make the cuts.

#137 3 years ago

Anybody else pouring one out with Eddie?
RIP.

#138 3 years ago

So is JJP going to also make cuts to their direct sales? Highly fying doubt it. Hit distros only

#139 3 years ago

I partly blame Eric for this mess. The differences on the GNR CE are significant enough that I WANT IT. The value for Stern LE's is not compelling. The !/$ value on Dialed In and Wonka wasn't really there either... But POTC CE was a must have... and now GNR. It's all Eric's fault.

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Quite the contrary. This is truly bad for business, bad for the JJP supporters, and bad for pinball interest in general. And no I have no doubt those that got bumped made up a story they would have no reason to. Talking to a distributor today it seems the Wise thing to do for all OEM's since the CE's and Stern LE's are basically a money grab of profit is to have those models only available via the distribution network exclusively. Then the distributors that Earned that company support would be rewarded with sales.

Its terrible for JJP and possibly the distributor, but I don't put much blame on them. In this particular case its 100% bad business on JJP's part. I'm sure they figured since none of their past CE's ever sold very well history would repeat itself. That being said they should have procedures in place to deal with these situations. Do they care? maybe, maybe not? Who knows, but I know one thing many who got screwed will never do business with them again unless they try and make things right although I have no idea what that means. This is a 3rd grade math problem that they screwed up....

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

There is almost zero chance they will ever sell out of GNR LE's....knowing JJP they would just make another version and try to charge a premium i.e. Slash version. I hear you on the distributors, but their business is finding customers and selling games. JJP finally releases a CE that everyone wants and they turn around and completely fuck their distribution network. Especially after these same people carried their inventory for years....

Well allegedly more then 800 tried to order a 12.5k game within a Day.
Is it really unlikely that with good videos of game play 5000 will find the way to do 9.5k?

You are certainly right that, if that happens, they probably make more, but what if jjp is turning a corner and release toy story within a couple of months?
What then?
Will an alternate GNR take a backseat?

Well then you will wait for a vault, which probably means a scheduled release had failed. Will toy story be that? Will the next one after that?

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That was only for Dialed In.
LTG : )

and for Hobbit Smaug Edition

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Will toy story be that? Will the next one after that?

Van Halen?

#144 3 years ago

33K YouTube views in a day and a half, Spooky had 20K for Rick and Morty in 24 hours. A different audience for sure, but impressive for both illustrating to some degree the impact of good marketing.

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Well allegedly more then 800 tried to order a 12.5k game within a Day.
Is it really unlikely that with good videos of game play 5000 will find the way to do 9.5k?
You are certainly right that, if that happens, they probably make more, but what if jjp is turning a corner and release toy story within a couple of months?
What then?
Will an alternate GNR take a backseat?
Well then you will wait for a vault, which probably means a scheduled release had failed. Will toy story be that? Will the next one after that?

Yep....those GNR LE's will be for sale up until they release their next game. I wouldn't hold my breath on them releasing another pin in the next few months....

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I thought about an LE and then noticed that the appetite for destruction artwork was completely missing from cabinet and the only way to get the iconic art including the Cross is on the CE backbox. Also, if you watch a few streams, the PF Colors & lighting completely clash with the Orange Brick armor—but are a perfect match for the Purple custom powder coat.

Easy fix on powder. Just re coat it purple. I’m one of those that actually prefer he LE artwork but would redo the powder coat purple.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yep....those GNR LE's will be for sale up until they release their next game. I wouldn't hold my breath on them releasing another pin in the next few months....

Just looking at the manufacturing site, how many games are they able to make monthly?

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Just looking at the manufacturing site, how many games are they able to make monthly?

I have no clue...

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Stern 50-60 a week. So imagine JJP20-30? Maybe more once new gigs get up to speed

#150 3 years ago

I don't look at the powdercoating when I'm playing. This game could have stainless trim and it would still be bad ass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 11,000.00
$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
There are 657 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-burned-jjp-gnr-ce-deposit/page/3?hl=breger1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.