distributors.JPG
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
20201006_175442 (resized).jpg
SCAN0069 (resized).JPG
082111B9-6A26-4475-A827-39EA6E48FB54 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpeg
B747EC86-1689-4717-8D13-688639951FA8.gif

There are 657 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 14.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Funny all these kids crying about all the "grandpa rock"

My grandpa rocked.

SCAN0069 (resized).JPGSCAN0069 (resized).JPG
#52 3 years ago

Well I'm in on an LE now......CE spot gone. I may actually be happy about this. I'm not sure.

#53 3 years ago

Misery loves company... and for those who don't think JJP didn't screw it up, here's my frustrating, personal example.

I gave a large deposit for a CE, trusting the distributor had a game for me. I told two other distros to take me off their non-deposit list as a courtesy.

Meanwhile, JJP still had CE's ready to purchase directly through their site after I was locked in with my distro.

Now I find out I was cut out because my distro (all of them actually), had their allotment slashed (no pun intended).

While I'm not mad at my distributor, I could have went ahead and bought it directly from JJP if I would have known it was "iffy" at best to go through a distributor.

I'm a loyal, multi-purchaser, JJP customer.
I'm a big supporter, and have nothing but good things to say about them. I'm not sure how to feel about JJP now.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I wonder why it’s hasn’t been an issue in the past?
Shitty themes, no matter what any one says..rock pins sell.

Tell that to The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, two of the biggest bands in history. Hell, even KISS couldn't push signed LEs to their KISS Army off their own website. GNR looks great, but there is a ton of low risk speculation going on right now.

Quoted from iceman44:

Dust settles and there will Be CE games available IF you want one after the crazed flippers realize they can’t get more than $12.5k by flipping deposits

^This, so much this. People put $1,000 down because they knew that they could get it back if it looked like the CE wasn't going to appreciate almost instantly. It's easy to put $1,000 down, much harder to pay $12,500 + tax / shipping when that bill comes due. And that will come sooner than later as games are already shipping. This isn't a R&M spot flipping situation where people could buy a spot and know they have potentially 1.5 years to flip it without ever having to pay the balance. Plus, don't think for a second that there aren't distributors out there who said they had an allotment cut by JJP and are using that as an excuse to sock away a CE or two to flip later on if the market is right and just passing blame off on JJP.

#55 3 years ago

Does it count as "grandpa rock" when im giving them some early morning riffs for free to go along with their cup of Folgers?

20201006_175442 (resized).jpg20201006_175442 (resized).jpg
#56 3 years ago

They could make everyone happy and add another 50-100 CE’s. With the miss on JJPs part it’s the right thing to do for those that ordered day one.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

They could make everyone happy and add another 50-100 CE’s. With the miss on JJPs part it’s the right thing to do for those that ordered day one.

...everyone except the buyers that did get in on a CE and want more exclusivity to keep the resale price higher on their game. Right or wrong, lots of people have that mentality.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

I heard it was discussed and the decision was not to move forward with adding.

#59 3 years ago

Yeah I see both sides but they would still be limited. It isn’t about holding value on a CE. It’s about getting pinball to the masses and making things right. Shouldn’t matter the rarity.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

they are getting the lists from all the distributors and cancelling those that ordered multiple games from different sources first.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

...everyone except the buyers that did get in on a CE and want more exclusivity to keep the resale price higher on their game. Right or wrong, lots of people have that mentality.

The whole concept of a limited edition is based on exclusivity. They chose to go with that model then over sold. JJP screwed up big time and screwed customers who bought or wanted to buy its most premium priced model. Whatever they do now some will be pissed, and rightfully so.

#62 3 years ago

Just remember how many limited editions jjp did with Oz. Just changed the color.

#63 3 years ago

It's really difficult to not be upset. Not a good situation here. The CE had enough in it to really make it special.

#64 3 years ago

I’d lock in who is locked in. If demand is there - make more, but at a higher price. At least that offers something to the people who are in and something to the people who want in. Might be a good compromise. The whole limited thing I get, but now I’m starting to think it would be better to not make a game limited in terms of a number, but just charge a ton of money for the top end edition. That will artificially keep it limited. Sorry to all who can’t get a CE. I’m sitting this one out.

#65 3 years ago

I wouldn’t worry about it. Ive bought 8 NIB JJPs in the past, 7 from one distributor. I offered full, same day payment and was pretty much told I wasn’t going to be getting a CE because he didn’t know I wanted one (we talked about a CE months ago).

It was frustrating at first, but I realized I will always be able to get one later and there is not one single newer pin produced that has not been available for purchase later, even NIB.

Point is, once the craze wears off, or the next new pin is reveled, these will become available. If this title turns out to be a great player and seller, it will be available for along time and maybe even in some other model.

It’s just a pinball, relax, there are many other things to get excited about.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Yeah I see both sides but they would still be limited. It isn’t about holding value on a CE. It’s about getting pinball to the masses and making things right. Shouldn’t matter the rarity.

That’s why you buy the LE

The CE stands for “collectors edition”

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Did JJP really renege on confirmed allocation? If so, wow.

Probably wasn't a confirmed allocation but what the distro ordered.The distributors knew they may not get what they wanted or asked for until Tuesday came around and JJP confirmed what they would get.They sold games in hopes to get what they wanted but got burned due to direct orders or to many distributors wanting more then expected.This fall mostly on distributors selling something they didn't have but JJP has to change it up and let then know before release.I think Stern does the same thing.I tried to get a Avengers LE and distributors didn't know how many they would get so they wouldn't sell me one but they put me on a interested list.When it was released I unfortunately passed on getting it to get a GNS but my point is they wouldn't sell something they didn't have.The Distributors know this going in and is nothing new when dealing with JJP so it sucks all around.
But the good news is Kenda will have 3-4 to sell you for hmmmmm 20k ?

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

If I was JJP I would remove all the buyers of multiple games first. They obviously just want to flip the games and are not loyal JJP customers. Distributers pay to be distributers, they deserve their allotments first. This will free up plenty of CEs. Supply everyone that has already bought a CE previously, then first in best dressed. JJP really need to look after their loyal fan base first.

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

I ordered a CE from JJP and received a confirmation email--but my credit card hasn't been billed. I emailed them and have not received a reply. Anyone else experience this?

Yes. Same thing for me as well.

#70 3 years ago

The only thing that could make this shit show any worse is if the game comes with chipping playfields like pirates and Wonka did and Jack tells his customers to pound sand again!

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The only thing that could make this shit show any worse is if the game comes with chipping playfields like pirates and Wonka did and Jack tells his customers to pound sand again!

Not true... I had a pirates ce and had issues and I got a new playfield...

#73 3 years ago

These guys probably flipped their wig at the reaction to this Pin. May have been a little shy from past experiences despite putting in so much work with what should be an obvious winner. Well it panned out, they have a hit on their hands.
I am certain it will all be made GOOD when the smoke clears.
In the meantime don't lose your mind over this thing, I have a feeling everyone who wants a cerain machine will get it.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

I ordered a CE from JJP and received a confirmation email--but my credit card hasn't been billed. I emailed them and have not received a reply. Anyone else experience this?

Same

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Slash wouldn't allow it.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

JJP really need to look after their loyal fan base first.

They are probably drinking tonight, thinking "We set the bar too low on the CE"

#77 3 years ago

This might be the last CE at 12.5.

#78 3 years ago

Im thinking its not the price but the designer Erik Meunier and GNS thats selling this game out.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

They are probably drinking tonight, thinking "We set the bar too low on the CE"

They can just pull another LotR LE price change.

Or try to anyway.

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Misery loves company... and for those who don't think JJP didn't screw it up, here's my frustrating, personal example.
I gave a large deposit for a CE, trusting the distributor had a game for me. I told two other distros to take me off their non-deposit list as a courtesy.
Meanwhile, JJP still had CE's ready to purchase directly through their site after I was locked in with my distro.
Now I find out I was cut out because my distro (all of them actually), had their allotment slashed (no pun intended).
While I'm not mad at my distributor, I could have went ahead and bought it directly from JJP if I would have known it was "iffy" at best to go through a distributor.
I'm a loyal, multi-purchaser, JJP customer.
I'm a big supporter, and have nothing but good things to say about them. I'm not sure how to feel about JJP now.

Cutting out the Middleman is a current trend. Look around, it's rampant.

#81 3 years ago

I will just hold out for the GNR STD CE edition.

#82 3 years ago

First world Problems!

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

First world Problems!

We know, this is a forum for pinball enthusiasts. These are the type of problems we discuss here.

#84 3 years ago

I thought that JJP's CE model was however many they could sell within a certain window of time. That's not what they're doing now?

#85 3 years ago

They were making just 500 CEs

#86 3 years ago

I hope this all gets sorted out and any of the people who try and corner the market don't get multiple machines

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I hope this all gets sorted out and any of the people who try and corner the market don't get multiple machines

Pretty sure that BS is getting straightened out as we speak

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

First world Problems!

Quoted from thirdedition:

We know, this is a forum for pinball enthusiasts. These are the type of problems we discuss here.

Right on! It's a hobby forum, anything that's not off topic is a first-world problem by definition. No point in pointing it out!

#89 3 years ago

I got screwed too. Same story as the others. It’s a painfully amateurish mistake to oversell like that. Really leaves a sour taste. Way to piss off your potential customers, JJP. Maybe I’ll hold out for Food Truck.

#90 3 years ago

It's unfortunate, I have purchased 4 JJP games from distributors. The last 2 from Chris at Kingpin, I feel it's a conflict of interest for JJP to sell direct and try to cut out these distributors. These guy's bust there rear ends at shows and go the extra mile.

I got an email from JJP on GnR, I responded that I need to see and play the game but I would order though Chris. The game looks great and I would be more than happy for the LE, but feel bad for those of you loyal to your distributor and we're cut off.

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I thought that JJP's CE model was however many they could sell within a certain window of time. That's not what they're doing now?

That was only for Dialed In.

LTG : )

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

I Put down a $1,000

So you didn't get your money back?

#94 3 years ago

I had a grandma that rocked too. Two of them.

#95 3 years ago

If Kaneda loses some of his 4 CE spots, will be interesting to see if he can keep up his new cool-as-a-cucumber schtick or if he instead unleashes a wrath of satinic spite onto JJP the likes we have never seen before. Should be interesting...

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As KingPinGames noted in another thread the distributors were no given their allotment numbers yet however some distributors Assumed how many and simply started selling which is bad on them Not JJP.

I agree and disagree. I agree distributors should not have taken deposits without getting their allocation, but its 100% the responsibility of JJP to allocate numbers to their distribution network. The fact that they did not is terrible business. All JJP did was put their sales force in a bad situation, because they basically wanted more direct sales. I'm all for them making $, but this time they royally screwed up simply because they wanted to cut out their distribution network.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So you didn't get your money back?

Got my money back but lost my CE spot.

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That a boy who-dey....maybe they spared me from a play field shit show...I guess theres a silver lining

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

If Kaneda loses some of his 4 CE spots, will be interesting to see if he can keep up his new cool-as-a-cucumber schtick or if he instead unleashes a wrath of satinic spite onto JJP the likes we have never seen before. Should be interesting...

Given the massive demand and distributor confusion, this guy should get one and only one. I really hope they are closely looking into these people that ordered multiple.

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I agree and disagree. I agree distributors should not have taken deposits without getting their allocation, but its 100% the responsibility of JJP to allocate numbers to their distribution network. The fact that they did not is terrible business. All JJP did was put their sales force in a bad situation, because they basically wanted more direct sales. I'm all for them making $, but this time they royally screwed up simply because they wanted to cut out their distribution network.

Take note on the JJP website these networks are listed as Sales Agents Not distributors. A distributor (I have 12 myself) sells products via the OEM. A sales Agent is technically nothing more then a Buyer/customer like you and I. If they call and Purchase with cash they own those games. Those credible Sales Agents should only be taking deposits on On Hand confirmed orders from the OEM not Theory. At that point they sell them to us. JJP has no idea in my opinion in the current economic uncertainty this goofy year how many sales agents are going to pony up $$$$$$$ on potential shelf stock. They are allocated what the buy in most cases. I have seen some that bet it all on red and allocate (buy) 10 games only to sit on them and their money for a Year. What would Really be great and add Validity to this run away accusation thread is if ONE of the several distributor sales agents that Sell/post on Pinside actually Verified any of this is fact or simply a few had issues or bought from poor distributors. You would think one of them would step up If they were actually being cheated by the OEM no???

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
There are 657 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-burned-jjp-gnr-ce-deposit/page/2?hl=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.