distributors.JPG
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
20201006_175442 (resized).jpg
SCAN0069 (resized).JPG
082111B9-6A26-4475-A827-39EA6E48FB54 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpeg
B747EC86-1689-4717-8D13-688639951FA8.gif
There are 657 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.
#501 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

This was their MET LE moment.

Yep...I was burned on MET LE. I actually never did business with the distributor I had been working with up to that point again...though I did eventually buy a Met Premium from a different distro.

I do think JJP was surprised by the demand. They should not have been, this was the hottest IP they’ve ever acquired and their adult theme. I have a WOZ and a DI, but have always felt JJP’s were not adult enough. I hope they see the value of an adult theme for CEs.

#502 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I hear a lot of complaints about flow, MB's, etc from the game play reveal (I don't share those feelings). Personally it looks a total blast to play. My guess is you really need to experience it live to fully appreciate all thats going on. Is that your read? and have you designed the shooter rod, and lockdown bar emblem yet

Ok my Opinion (nothing more) on the MB fears. By default the game comes from the factory (as seen in every video) with a 60 Second ball save on songs MB's. For that reason it Appears to endless MB's since when one song ends it goes into the next song and Bam another 60 seconds. Add to that when collecting band members you get Additional time on top of that! My opinion is as owners get their games they will dial the settings to their skill level and Love the end result. This game is Truly amazing and like nothing I have seen as a total package. And yes on the mods thats a given lol...

#503 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok my Opinion (nothing more) on the MB fears. By default the game comes from the factory (as seen in every video) with a 60 Second ball save on songs MB's. For that reason it Appears to endless MB's since when one song ends it goes into the next song and Bam another 60 seconds. Add to that when collecting band members you get Additional time on top of that! My opinion is as owners get their games they will dial the settings to their skill level and Love the end result. This game is Truly amazing and like nothing I have seen as a total package. And yes on the mods thats a given lol...

Ahh I did not know that...thanks ....

#504 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

60 second ball save?! Keith Taking the page out of his old Stern's code book circa 2000.

Are the song multiballs hard to achieve? That sounds like an awful lot of multiball!

#505 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That sounds like an awful lot of multiball!

Agree with Levi.

Are you playing a lot of multi-ball? Or is a good chunk of the game played with a single ball?

#506 3 years ago

Saying this is ALWAYS unpopular with pinsiders but if you ask me they should add another 500 games. I said the same thing with Rick and Morty... if the demand is there make the games. When these pinball companies have a hit on their hands should we really hold their feet to the fire about not increasing the number. Spooky never sold more than 500 games they didn't know if they can sell 750 they found out yeah you can. Great for them I'm super happy for Spooky! So why not add more then so Spooky can make more money. Spooky's next title might not be successful who knows... strike while you can.

Is it really that bad that people want the game so you make more? I know you're worried about you're resale value but honestly I don't think JJP thought there would be 500 buyers at $12,500 dollars. I mean come on that is a lot of money. They found out the WORLD is full of Guns N Roses fans with a lot of disposable income.

Make 500 more wouldn't you rather people get what they want then be upset?

Hey its just my opinion but JJP should announce another 500 copies, either way its still going to be very rare because there are MILLIONS of Guns fans who will buy the game with a motto of TIL DEATH DO WE PART. Even at 1000 versions you won't see a lot up for sale just like you don't see a lot of Kiss LE for sale.

I think in the end there would be more HAPPY people with that announcement than unhappy!

Just my two cents even if my view is in the minority.

With ALL that being said buying an LE is still amazing, and some like the artwork a lot better. Tough situation no question.

#507 3 years ago

I missed out on CE but the LE art looks better to me.

#508 3 years ago

I have a serious question ... tell me what you think?

I'm sure getting the autographs is a big deal but if JJP sold more CE but without the autographs would you still want a CE at the same price?

So the question is how much do the autographs matter in your desire to own a CE opposed to an LE?

Let me know I'm curious!

#509 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You know every single Guns fan I've talked to has said the exact same thing because of the artwork they'd actually prefer the LE. Those concert posters are something Guns fans collect. Interesting comment. The game is about GNR touring and the concert posters in many ways line up better with the theme.

Getting an LE is still a great option.

#510 3 years ago

To me autographs mean nothing.

#511 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I have a serious question ... tell me what you think?
I'm sure getting the autographs is a big deal but if JJP sold more CE but without the autographs would you still want a CE at the same price?
So the question is how much do the autographs matter in your desire to own a CE opposed to an LE?
Let me know I'm curious!

Yes, said it a few pages back

Sell me a different CE version
- different color armor
- all the leds
- physical ball lock
- some sort of sound bar topper
- and leave off the signatures or use reproductions - I just don't care about them, only want the full pinball experience

#512 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Saying this is ALWAYS unpopular with pinsiders but if you ask me they should add another 500 games. I said the same thing with Rick and Morty... if the demand is there make the games. When these pinball companies have a hit on their hands should we really hold their feet to the fire about not increasing the number. Spooky never sold more than 500 games they didn't know if they can sell 750 they found out yeah you can. Great for them I'm super happy for Spooky! So why not add more then so Spooky can make more money. Spooky's next title might not be successful who knows... strike while you can.
Is it really that bad that people want the game so you make more? I know you're worried about you're resale value but honestly I don't think JJP thought there would be 500 buyers at $12,500 dollars. I mean come on that is a lot of money. They found out the WORLD is full of Guns N Roses fans with a lot of disposable income.
Hey its just my opinion but JJP should announce another 500 copies, either way its still going to be very rare because there are MILLIONS of Guns fans who will buy the game with a motto of TIL DEATH DO WE PART. Even at 1000 versions you won't see a lot up for sale just like you don't see a lot of Kiss LE for sale.
I think in the end there would be more HAPPY people with that announcement than unhappy!
Just my two cents even if my view is in the minority.
With ALL that being said buying an LE is still amazing, and some like the artwork a lot better. Tough situation no question.

Your not wrong, but that shipped has sailed with JJP. JJP can always push people to another version, which is essentially the same game play. Not sure why Spooky wouldn't keep making games, but it sounds like they know what their doing.

#513 3 years ago

Here’s the rub.

I wanted to see the gameplay before I committed to the most expensive pinball machine I’ve ever bought.

I didn’t want something like Munsters LE or like the original Avengers LE. So I said let me wait a day or two. But once I hear it’s getting scarce I call around and no dealers had any.

Too bad now, if say Toy Story is the same might have to buy immediately before seeing any gameplay and I may not like it and get stuck with a pin I don’t love just because I’m scared it’ll sell out in one hour.

However.... the LE (to me) has better cabinet art. I don’t notice the PF art not sure if the gold glitter is good, bad or neutral.

I hope to play first before getting a LE. If anyone has one in Central Florida let me know I’d like to play before committing $10k

#514 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

True, but they are a differentiator and add value (how much is anyones guess). My bet is there aren't very many signature cards with 3 original members...to me the CE package looked incredible, but the LE artwork looked nice as well. The LE version as it sits looked unfinished (no game blades, topper, shooter, emblem, etc) compared to the CE....is that worth the extra cheddar? probably not since the mod guys will finish up the LE version nicely. Artwork work is very personal so to each their own.

#515 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Let me know I'm curious!

For me the autographs of the band members are worth a lot more than the company president's signature on a piece of paper or the game designers signature on a plastic. Although, I feel like the autographs have value I feel the art and extra features are enough to buy a CE for the same price without them.

#516 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Damnit...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#517 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

They would just be changing who is upset with them. They’d lose some of the sales they made the pre-existing 500.

#518 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

For me the autographs of the band members are worth a lot more than the company president's signature on a piece of paper or the game designers signature on a plastic. Although, I feel like the autographs have value I feel the art and extra features are enough to buy a CE for the same price without them.

The difference is their celebrities....so clearly they have a lot more value...

#519 3 years ago

Nevermind. Mis-remembered.

#520 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Here’s the rub.
I wanted to see the gameplay before I committed to the most expensive pinball machine I’ve ever bought.
I didn’t want something like Munsters LE or like the original Avengers LE. So I said let me wait a day or two. But once I hear it’s getting scarce I call around and no dealers had any.
Too bad now, if say Toy Story is the same might have to buy immediately before seeing any gameplay and I may not like it and get stuck with a pin I don’t love just because I’m scared it’ll sell out in one hour.
However.... the LE (to me) has better cabinet art. I don’t notice the PF art not sure if the gold glitter is good, bad or neutral.
I hope to play first before getting a LE. If anyone has one in Central Florida let me know I’d like to play before committing $10k

Welcome to all the Stern LE buyers....they are in the same boat....u roll the dice....I agree it seems crazy, but its been happening for years.

#521 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

You know every single Guns fan I've talked to has said the exact same thing because of the artwork they'd actually prefer the LE. Those concert posters are something Guns fans collect. Interesting comment. The game is about GNR touring and the concert posters in many ways line up better with the theme.
Getting an LE is still a great option.

Surprised to hear this. I assumed it would be the other way around. The artwork from Appetite is way(3K) more appealing to me than the collage.

#522 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

After my CE got cut, my distributor offered me a LE.
I thought all night about it. Well I just told them no thanks. I can’t support a company that would screw over the very people that had JJPs backs through the bad times. I also don’t want to support a company that just screwed me for profit.
I sure hope Led Zeppelin is a great game.

Welp.. I just got the news from my distributor that I'm not one of the lucky ones either, and they asked me if I'd like to move my reservation to an LE. I just dont know how to respond.. I guess I gotta really think about it since I was dead set on a CE so its not that easy to settle for the LE when I wanted a CE. Its a tough pill to swallow as I'm sure its been for others. Everyone saying "just get the LE and be happy" is not really the point. Getting what you wanted/expected would make those who wanted a CE happy. Getting an LE because its the "same game" is a pretty lame excuse to me. I think to most people who wanted a CE its a bit more complex than that also. I might be one of the exceptions but I prefer the art on the CE over the LE art, so anyone who says real GNR fans prefer LE art is silly, since art is subjective. As a GNR fan, numbers dont matter to me either.. and it seems like to the flippers it does.. and seeing people boycotting any kind of CE increase just makes me think their motives are tied to gouging fans that missed out in the long term since they dont plan on keeping them. The point of a collectors item is that, to be collected. This for most fans would be a bolted down pin and they should have expected this with such an iconic band and a low production run.. Even Rick and Morty was 750 and they sold out in hours! 5,000 LE's? Why such a huge gap? Theres plenty of opportunity to get an LE, but it seems like the CE's were doomed from the start. As a GNR fan I still want this pin, but do I settle for an LE now or do I wait and take my chances hoping for a CE to pop up in the future that is (hopefully) reasonably priced.. ? Ugh.

#523 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Surprised to hear this. I assumed it would be the other way around. The artwork from Appetite is way more appealing to me than the collage (3k more appealing.)

The artwork from Appetite would've easily been more appealing to me as well, had it actually been used.

But that disaster of a 7-headed cross (the 6-headed one on the DE was awful enough) and the hacked up Robert Williams AFD art...

#524 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

The artwork from Appetite would've easily been more appealing to me as well, had it actually been used.
But that disaster of a 7-headed cross (the 6-headed one on the DE was awful enough) and the hacked up Robert Williams AFD art...

I feel the same way. That is not AFD - that's artwork with a pinball on it and even worse, a robot on the front? What? The cross has a girl with blue hair? I get they're part of the band now but that's not true GnR AFD! Those concert posters - those are real life posters from the tour - not some interpretation made for pinball. It's like the flippers added to the GnR logo. I hate that. GnR is cool - pinball, well cmon now.

I get the CE guys are bummed b/c you ordered something and didn't get it but how anyone could prefer that art is beyond me. Again - a robot is on the front of the game.

As for Rick and Morty selling out - that game literally only has 750. This CE is a blinged out LE with worse art. You can still get a GnR and one that is true to the GnR colors too.

I don't mean to downplay the CE mess - it was a colossal disaster but for the guys not getting an LE b/c of it, I just don't understand that. Locking yourself out of getting a sick pin due to principle? This is a pinball company - mistakes will be made. Why punish yourself over it too?

#525 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Agree with Levi.
Are you playing a lot of multi-ball? Or is a good chunk of the game played with a single ball?

Ok to preface again I am still a Newb at the code so take with a grain of salt lol. All songs are not multiball though some you can Add a ball if earned. I emphasized by default that is the 60 second setting not the permanent setting so you can adjust to your skill level. I think they wanted those that play average (like me) to have an opportunity to hear more of the songs. Easy to dial that up to pro level if you prefer. And a good chuck (majority) of game play IS 1 ball. Hope this makes sense.

#526 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Welp.. I just got the news from my distributor that I'm not one of the lucky ones either, and they asked me if I'd like to move my reservation to an LE. I just dont know how to respond.. I guess I gotta really think about it since I was dead set on a CE so its not that easy to settle for the LE when I wanted a CE. Its a tough pill to swallow as I'm sure its been for others. Everyone saying "just get the LE and be happy" is not really the point. Getting what you wanted/expected would make those who wanted a CE happy. Getting an LE because its the "same game" is a pretty lame excuse to me. I think to most people who wanted a CE its a bit more complex than that also. I might be one of the exceptions but I prefer the art on the CE over the LE art, so anyone who says real GNR fans prefer LE art is silly, since art is subjective. As a GNR fan, numbers dont matter to me either.. and it seems like to the flippers it does.. and seeing people boycotting any kind of CE increase just makes me think their motives are tied to gouging fans that missed out out in the long term since they dont plan on keeping them. The point of a collectors item is that, to be collected. This for most fans would be a bolted down pin and they should have expected this with such an iconic band and a low production run.. Even Rick and Morty was 750 and they sold out in hours! 5,000 LE's? Why such a huge gap? Theres plenty of opportunity to get an LE, but it seems like the CE's were doomed from the start. As a GNR fan I still want this pin, but do I settle for an LE now or do I wait and take my chances hoping for a CE to pop up in the future that is (hopefully) reasonably priced.. ? Ugh.

I know exactly how you feel as you may have read my exact story and I feel EXACTLY as you do. In the end, I gave it a night to sleep on it, woke up and got the LE after my CE got pulled back by JJP. Yes it hurts, but I feel wiser for going through this. Next "gotta have pin" ...if JJP... will be Direct Only unless they change their policy. I personally love the CE art package but that's me in the minority I guess.

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm know I'm in the minority on this, but I don't think the LE art looks nice at all, and I'm usually not picky about pinball art. It looks cluttered, way too busy, and reminds me of a cork board at a coffee shop where people put their business cards and dog grooming flyers. I think the CE purple trim and AFD art is by far the best.

Of course everyone has their preference and I'm only one man's opinion. There's really no right or wrong answer.

#528 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok to preface again I am still a Newb at the code so take with a grain of salt lol. All songs are not multiball though some you can Add a ball if earned. I emphasized by default that is the 60 second setting not the permanent setting so you can adjust to your skill level. I think they wanted those that play average (like me) to have an opportunity to hear more of the songs. Easy to dial that up to pro level if you prefer. And a good chuck (majority) of game play IS 1 ball. Hope this makes sense.

Glad to hear about the setting adjustments. That sounds great!

Can you try out the bluetooth speakers to see if there is a noticeable delay?

#529 3 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I know exactly how you feel as you may have read my exact story and I feel EXACTLY as you do. In the end, I gave it a night to sleep on it, woke up and got the LE after my CE got pulled back by JJP. Yes it hurts, but I feel wiser for going through this. Next "gotta have pin" ...if JJP... will be Direct Only unless they change their policy. I personally love the CE art package but that's me in the minority I guess.

Your not in the minority....the entire CE package (including art) was far better than the LE package. If it wasn't it wouldn't have sold out in the first hour.

#530 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Welp.. I just got the news from my distributor that I'm not one of the lucky ones either, and they asked me if I'd like to move my reservation to an LE. I just dont know how to respond.. I guess I gotta really think about it since I was dead set on a CE so its not that easy to settle for the LE when I wanted a CE. Its a tough pill to swallow as I'm sure its been for others. Everyone saying "just get the LE and be happy" is not really the point. Getting what you wanted/expected would make those who wanted a CE happy. Getting an LE because its the "same game" is a pretty lame excuse to me. I think to most people who wanted a CE its a bit more complex than that also. I might be one of the exceptions but I prefer the art on the CE over the LE art, so anyone who says real GNR fans prefer LE art is silly, since art is subjective. As a GNR fan, numbers dont matter to me either.. and it seems like to the flippers it does.. and seeing people boycotting any kind of CE increase just makes me think their motives are tied to gouging fans that missed out in the long term since they dont plan on keeping them. The point of a collectors item is that, to be collected. This for most fans would be a bolted down pin and they should have expected this with such an iconic band and a low production run.. Even Rick and Morty was 750 and they sold out in hours! 5,000 LE's? Why such a huge gap? Theres plenty of opportunity to get an LE, but it seems like the CE's were doomed from the start. As a GNR fan I still want this pin, but do I settle for an LE now or do I wait and take my chances hoping for a CE to pop up in the future that is (hopefully) reasonably priced.. ? Ugh.

The good news is at this point there is no rush to make a decision, with 5000 LEs being made, you'll always be able to get one later. Now you can sit back and watch the cycle of love/hate/maybe disappointment/maybe more love/move on to talking about the next big game/etc.!

#531 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

There's really no right or wrong answer.

Oh come on, I'm sure we all can agree that the SE art is crap.

#532 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Your not in the minority....the entire CE package (including art) was far better than the LE package. If it wasn't it wouldn't have sold out in the first hour.

art could have been a black box and it was selling out. Or better yet, that terrible SE art. Had nothing to do with that. This was flippers 101 and diehards.

#533 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

art could have been a black box and it was selling out. Had nothing to do with that. This was flippers 101 and diehards.

exactly

#534 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

band members are worth a lot more than the company president's signature on a piece of paper

Good one and very true.

#535 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

100% agree.

#536 3 years ago
Quoted from pinrock:

The good news is at this point there is no rush to make a decision, with 5000 LEs being made, you'll always be able to get one later. Now you can sit back and watch the cycle of love/hate/maybe disappointment/maybe more love/move on to talking about the next big game/etc.!

Unless word gets out like it's been doing and a bunch of GNR fans world wide start snatching these things up at a quicker pace. It's bigger than just the pinball community right now. 5000 versus the world isn't much..let round 2 FOMO begin..but in all honesty, most GnR fans don't know pinball machines still exist lol

#537 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

art could have been a black box and it was selling out. Or better yet, that terrible SE art. Had nothing to do with that. This was flippers 101 and diehards.

Oh come on man is there really bad art on these modern pins? Their all nicely done at some level (all subjective), and at the end of the day u don't play the artwork. The overall look of the CE package (art, powder coating, shooter, topper, emblem) was just bad ass, which is why I wanted one.

#538 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't mean to downplay the CE mess - it was a colossal disaster but for the guys not getting an LE b/c of it, I just don't understand that. Locking yourself out of getting a sick pin due to principle?

I might get an LE at some point, I just don't need to rush anymore. I really wanted the CE for 3 reasons: I wanted the full playfield, including the COMA lock, as insignificant as it appears to be. I liked all the bling, the metallic radcals, art blades, topper and external cab lighting. Finally I wanted the version I thought would be easiest to sell when it comes time for it to move on, which it would eventually.

#539 3 years ago

I missed get a CE too, but it was my fault. Went to JJP's website had CE in basket. Had to make an account but got busy with something else. Came back in about 1.5 hour to finish and shopping cart was gone and no CE just Sold Out! looking at me.

#540 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

tried to get a MET LE and got shut out because I didn't move fast enough. Because I was gun shy I immediately locked into the next title based only on a teaser video, and a 'Dream Theme' and completely regretted it afterwards. If you weren't around back then, that title was X-Men.

Your memory is not accurate on this point. X-Men was released a year before Metallica. Avengers was released between the two.

#541 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Your memory is not accurate on this point. X-Men was released a year before Metallica. Avengers was released between the two.

Exactly.

ACDC right before Xmle

#542 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

No way man.

Big Daddy Ed Roth tribute art is AMAZING!!! Rat Fink is an iconic character/art style, and the fact that it exists in some form on the playfield, yet alone the standard, is such a nice nod to a classic and innovative illustrator.

il_570xN.1481631394_l07n (resized).jpgil_570xN.1481631394_l07n (resized).jpg
#543 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Exactly.
ACDC right before Xmle

Hah, you guys are right of course. What I did, because X-Men left such a bad taste in my mouth I tried to get a MET LE to replace it and I couldn't. Then I played MET later and realized it wasn't for me. That was the parallel. End of the day, lesson was to play before buying, which sounds simple enough, until FOMO bites

I do however recall very clearly that I did not have much fun playing X-Men.

#544 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I get the CE guys are bummed b/c you ordered something and didn't get it but how anyone could prefer that art is beyond me. Again - a robot is on the front of the game.
As for Rick and Morty selling out - that game literally only has 750. This CE is a blinged out LE with worse art. You can still get a GnR and one that is true to the GnR colors too. I don't mean to downplay the CE mess - it was a colossal disaster but for the guys not getting an LE b/c of it, I just don't understand that. Locking yourself out of getting a sick pin due to principle? This is a pinball company - mistakes will be made. Why punish yourself over it too?

Can you kindly STFU about the LE and leave us "delusional" folk who are NOT surprised the CE sold out, be in peace ? Add me to the CE shafted list as well today. Not the end of the world, but still sucks. I am in no hurry to get one of the thousands of run of the mill LEs. LE HUO looks to be the smart move there.

#545 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Oh come on man is there really bad art on these modern pins? Their all nicely done at some level (all subjective), and at the end of the day u don't play the artwork. The overall look of the CE package (art, powder coating, shooter, topper, emblem) was just bad ass, which is why I wanted one.

All subjective but I rather have the DE GnR art than the CE or SE. The SE is even worse than the CE. The LE is so nice!

#546 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

All subjective but I rather have the DE GnR art than the CE or SE. The SE is even worse than the CE. The LE is so nice!

Agree its subjective....the artwork on the LE reminded me of a coaster u would pick up at a local CVS ... but I'm no super fan and had no idea they even made concert posters let alone have significant value.....when I look at these pins its about the whole package and not just the artwork...

#547 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Hah, you guys are right of course. What I did, because X-Men left such a bad taste in my mouth I tried to get a MET LE to replace it and I couldn't. Then I played MET later and realized it wasn't for me. That was the parallel. End of the day, lesson was to play before buying, which sounds simple enough, until FOMO bites
I do however recall very clearly that I did not have much fun playing X-Men.

Same. I got back in hobby just as ACDC was coming out but I completely missed Tron and Tron LE.

I thought XMLE was going to be like Tron LE or ACDC BIBLE also XMLE never made a premium version so I thought there might be no choice but to but before they sold out.

End of the day I didn’t like XMLE and lost almost $2000 selling it. Actually traded for a TWD pro but the price was equal to $4500 down from $6500

iirc Metallica they didn’t announce the premium until after the LE so people might have thought there was not going to be a premium (but this might have been TWD I can’t remember).

#548 3 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

One will pop up....but it won’t be reasonable sorry to say.

#549 3 years ago

Art is subjective like I far prefer SW comic art but many people don’t like it as much as the regular version.

To me the GnR LE with the show posters looks cool different than other pins, like the way they look. Plus a lot of different styles and art details.

CE art is also good but I just prefer the LE.

#550 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

After my CE got cut, my distributor offered me a LE.
I thought all night about it. Well I just told them no thanks. I can’t support a company that would screw over the very people that had JJPs backs through the bad times. I also don’t want to support a company that just screwed me for profit.
I sure hope Led Zeppelin is a great game.

I mean the CE's completely sold out, regardless of how they were purchased. How do you even know for sure that you would have gotten a CE if JJP hadn't sold through their website. Even if the Distro's got all the GNR CEs, some people would still have been left without games, it just might have been different people. Also, Keith made it sound like the amount of direct orders through the JJP website was small in comparison to the orders through Distros.

Everyone on Pinside is just assuming that it was the website orders that messed everything up. What messed things up was JJP not doing their due diligence in regards to allocating games. If you view this as worthy of pulling your business for, then more power to you, but I wouldn't assume greed was the issue. It may have more been an issue of incompetence / unpreparedness.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
$ 11,000.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 210.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 657 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-burned-jjp-gnr-ce-deposit/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.