glory-hole-donuts 1 (resized).jpg
wood (resized).jpg
First World Problem (resized).jpg
the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
ge (resized).jpg
bye2.gif
image0 (resized).jpeg
e553ptzdhnf31 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LovelyCoCoNuts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 2 years ago

No persons are named in this post so it should remain up.

7 months ago I shared a friends post on my private facebook account which doesn't even show my real name.

An edited photo of the post was presented by The TD at TPF with my friends name removed, and mine in the place of the poster.

I was removed from the tournament, and TPF when asked if I would be excluded from getting a vendor table in the near future or after, TPF refunded my money indicating I would be barred from purchasing vendor space.

There apparently is no appeal system in IFPA, and the other state IFPA reps have remained silent.

Facebook groups are controlled by the state reps, and my post was deleted within 2 minutes.

If they want to stand by their decision they did nothing wrong, why go to these extreme lengths to accept an altered photo and then take actions to silence me.

Will I be silenced here as well?

I am posting here since IFPA TD's are apparently accepting an altered photo from 7 months back.

Place 51 on the waitlist has an opening FYI.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

I'm gonna err on the side of this.

I do not think so, but I am asking permission.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from MuddyMaeSuggins:Permission for what? No one is stopping you from describing the post.

This is the edited photo that was provided as proof.

Screenshot_20220315-105235_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220315-105235_Chrome (resized).jpg
#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This is a weak-ass boomer meme. You are kidding me.
BANNED for that????

"It's come to our attention that you have made offensive comments regarding sexual orientation. Doing so is in violation of the IFPA Player Conduct, and thus, precludes you from participation in IFPA events, including the tournaments at the Texas Pinball Festival.

All players are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous manner and to contribute to a safe and welcoming play environment. This also applies to behaviors that are not related to gameplay.

Your entry fee for the TPF Classics tournament will be refunded "... blah blah blah blah

Sounds like he tried to ban me from all IFPA.... as a state IFPA rep... but he does NOT have that power.

#46 2 years ago

No one says they can help with this, and neither I nor my company are welcome at TPF because of this.

Now will the other IFPA reps ban me also because of this?

I think this is so messed up.

#51 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

I don't want to hear about anyone's sexual orientation, no matter who you like doing things with. Keep it to yourself. I may agree or disagree with what you choose to do, and who you choose to do it with, but in general, I don't want to hear about it. I like what I like to get off with, and I am not sharing with any of you about it.

To not even ask me if this applies to my own personal life or not is what I find offensive.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'm pretty sure if they kicked you out they had cause but my memory fades:
aren't you the dood that got tossed out of the Houston show this year too?

I bought a vendor table and helped the show when they needed people. Didn't even take anything to sell.

Had a buddy bring an aliens pinball.

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

This is some hilarious gaslighting. You should share with folks the exact words you said to people at houston arcade expo that got you in trouble at that event, i'm guessing that's probably why you actually got banned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That there are state registered child sex offenders in the Corpus Christi community that operate arcades?

Or that the furry community also operates an arcade? Because the furries have youtube videos with the arcade name in it and obviously have no issue with that.

#70 2 years ago

If you know you should share since OP left it out.
The plot thickens.
However his picture proves they used this in justifying it. Why not just mention this alleged prior offense if it was that bad. Why rely on a meme?

As a furry; this has raged on for a long time. I’ve worked with some convention directors to ban sex predators. Due to the nature of the hobby, it’s difficult to keep them out because they could merely pretend to be someone else and wear their suit.
Yes, you could then ban their associates but that gets messy fast. It’s unfortunate, and pinball also suffers from certain operators who are sex offenders and they get a pass. Repugnant.
I’m saddened to hear that one of the few furries who is in pinball is also a sex offender.
The community really does not help itself at all!

Sex offender and furries 2 separate people.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from Halpain17:

I’m assuming there’s more background to this. And I hope so.
I will say that, I don’t believe that banning someone based on their views, politically, sexually, or anything similar is very smart. Even if in includes what one side would consider a “tasteless joke”. It immediately separates our pinball community into two groups. And one no longer feels welcome. There’s always two views for everything. What are we to do, dilute our community down to only the handful of people that agree 100% with everything we do? The worse thing we can do is silence people, whether or not it applies to an actual political statement, a joke, or anything. If it happens at a tournament as a disturbance that’s a problem. But to ban someone for outside discussion, jokes, etc would simply make the TD the aggressor and stunt the local growth of our pinball community.
Like I said, Im guessing there’s more history to this issue and I wouldn’t think any TD would ban someone simply over this meme.

I'd love to hear the "more to this story" also.

Because banning for a meme does not make sense at all.

Unless this other poster is saying the TD at TPF is abusing his power to ban someone because of personal interests???

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

I don't know all the infractions IFPA used to justify his banning so it's not my place to say, but being in the texas community i've heard and seen enough from this person to know he is arguing in bad faith and is generally a pretty toxic person. He got in trouble on the bat city group for calling all furries pedos, for example. I am fairly certain the ban was because of his negative sexual slangs he used at houston arcade expo, but I can't verify if that is the case, just a best guess since it would fit with violations of harassing people at an event with IFPA involvement.

I am not naming names, but when a furry says they are going to turn ALL the little boys into girls....

Yes I do find that offensive.

I expressed my views to the leadership at houston, that I would not Sponsor the event again IF the other arcade continued to be a sponsor.

I left the area to have a good fun pinball competition, away from the local b.s.

Now San Antonio backs who they want to.

I do not nor will I EVER do biz with that other arcade.

#84 2 years ago

Bummer.
Furries and pinball have more in common than most think:
•Must spend obscene amounts of money of luxury items that have no practical function.
•Comprised mainly of man-children with too much money
•Endless measuring contests about who has what, which maker/manufacturer is THE BEST
•Obsessed with exclusivity and gets duped by people who take massive preorders and never ever deliver.
•The Public doesn’t understand the hobby and thinks they members are weird and waste all their money

I don't have an issue with furries, I have an issue with sexual offenders and sexual predators.

I will not change my stance on this.

#86 2 years ago

Venetic

I am the only one I know of who holds 100% free to enter free to play no cash drop pinball tournaments monthly and gives away around $200 in cash and prizes. I have been doing this for 3 years as apart of IFPA.

I also donate to local charities for each person who shows up... I also post those receipts online.

I also let everyone know I do NOT do buisness with sex offenders, or anyone of their ilk.

I let go of the person I was paying to manage the tournaments so I could play in them last month for sending my players to what I consider an unsafe space arcade.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

When an OP comes in guns blazing about how they were wronged, with vague details, there is always, always, always another side to the story. And it is seldom flattering.

So you feel this is motivated by other reasons?

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That doesn't make and sense

I see what you did their.

#101 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

you just figured that out, did ya?

Seems that way when these two came piping in about my refusal to continue to be a sponsor at an event.

I will not sponsor an event where another sponsor is a disgusting human being.

Seems, They may perhaps be Colin's friends and he is running cover and banned me with a photoshopped image.

Damn.

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

you couldn't make this shit up if you tried.

Hey if I go to NY would I be welcomed at JackBar?

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

You got kicked out of Houston arcade expo for using derogatory words at the event about someones sexual orientation, not because you refused to be a sponsor next year, lol.
Yes, I am indeed friends with Colin, it's a total conspiracy cause reasons I guess /s.
I heard about your ban yesterday and checked your facebook because I had also heard you were trying to slander Colin there as well and was curious what exactly you had said, and saw that meme in your feed at the time, though i wasn't told it was used as any justification. I just checked your facebook now it looks like you have since deleted the post, so sounds like you are yet again arguing something in bad faith. Just fyi, your facebook isn't private, anyone can see your post history with your current settings.

Bullshit!

Never happened. I have the msgs saved with k after the show where I said I would not be a sponsor/vendor if that other arcade was there next year.

-

I posted I am not going to TPF on the DFW page and they removed it after 2 minutes.

This is not slander, the photo was faked,

Quoted from Venetic:

You got kicked out of Houston arcade expo for using derogatory words at the event about someones sexual orientation, not because you refused to be a sponsor next year, lol.
Yes, I am indeed friends with Colin, it's a total conspiracy cause reasons I guess /s.
I heard about your ban yesterday and checked your facebook because I had also heard you were trying to slander Colin there as well and was curious what exactly you had said, and saw that meme in your feed at the time, though i wasn't told it was used as any justification. I just checked your facebook now it looks like you have since deleted the post, so sounds like you are yet again arguing something in bad faith. Just fyi, your facebook isn't private, anyone can see your post history with your current settings.

I never got kicked out, I told K I would not return with that other arcade as a sponsor.

I have the msgs to prove that.

And he never said a thing about being kicked or otherwise.

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

The only corrections here are that he accused the operator of being a sex offender, they are not on the offender registry via a simple search. And he didn't get kicked out of TPF, he was banned from the IFPA tournaments only due to code of conduct, and decided to take organizers up on a refund and not go to TPF

The arcade owned and operated by a sex offender is downtown corpus christi, not the one you are referring to.

There is a difference in ownership of the two.

I will not do buisness with either.

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Just so I'm understanding this right:
OP has said some nasty stuff about a person who operates in the Texas pinball community who is a sex offender (and coincidentally also a furry if that's relevant for whatever reason) and in doing so has some some extremely deplorable language that is generally consider grossly offensive.
TPF has since booted OP from the festival for his comments at a past event.
OP is now just continually trying to slander Colin and TPF in general and kind of doubling down on what OP sans vile language that was included in the original incident?
Just trying to keep track here.

Sexoffender is not in the pinball community afaik

Those are 2 separate people, not the same. Two separate arcades.

I did not say anything about a trans person being a trans person.

I did say anyone who says they want to turn all the boys into girls... is a disgusting thing to say

After speaking to another IFPA state rep, this is Only the TPF TD 's ban and is indefinite.

This apparently stems from the Houston Arcade show where I refused to be a sponsor if another arcade was sponsoring them.

Apparently I am an asshole.

#163 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

What about the person posting memes of boys dressed as girls, but using it to make a homophobic insult? Also disgusting or is it just a joke?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-plan-on-donating/page/4#post-4450941

I forgot that kid otaku even existed...

How'd that basement flood money drive go again?

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from chris_p:

Who knew? Probably the third most common name after Dunkin' & Krispie...
[quoted image][quoted image]

...Are there franchise options?

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from chris_p:

All filled unfortunately. Plenty of room for competition tho:
[quoted image]

No thanks.

This thread has been cleared up as to the real reason I was banned.

1. After speaking to the other TD Texas Reps, this ban only applies to events where Colin is the presiding TD.

2. I no longer have to make an 8 hour trip.

3. I offended some furries, which I am sorry, you are all not bad, and I do not group you all into the same category, some have badass suits I can not afford.

4. I am an asshole. My gf doesn't think so

5. I am not a bronie.

I have my charity work and pinball, I do not think any other pinball league donates monthly to charities and is 100% free to play and enter.

I think that pretty much sums it up.

See ya'll at my free IFPA Charity Tournaments.

Every second saturday of each month.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LovelyCoCoNuts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-booted-from-tpf-tourney-for-a-friends-shared-fb-post?tu=LovelyCoCoNuts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.