wood (resized).jpg
First World Problem (resized).jpg
the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif
ge (resized).jpg
bye2.gif
image0 (resized).jpeg
e553ptzdhnf31 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 195 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 2 years ago

No persons are named in this post so it should remain up.

7 months ago I shared a friends post on my private facebook account which doesn't even show my real name.

An edited photo of the post was presented by The TD at TPF with my friends name removed, and mine in the place of the poster.

I was removed from the tournament, and TPF when asked if I would be excluded from getting a vendor table in the near future or after, TPF refunded my money indicating I would be barred from purchasing vendor space.

There apparently is no appeal system in IFPA, and the other state IFPA reps have remained silent.

Facebook groups are controlled by the state reps, and my post was deleted within 2 minutes.

If they want to stand by their decision they did nothing wrong, why go to these extreme lengths to accept an altered photo and then take actions to silence me.

Will I be silenced here as well?

I am posting here since IFPA TD's are apparently accepting an altered photo from 7 months back.

Place 51 on the waitlist has an opening FYI.

#2 2 years ago

If it was offensive (sounds like it probably was) and you shared it, and the TD knows your facebook "alias" is tied to you, I'd say it's their right to do as they please. Just because you have a facebook account with a fake name doesn't mean you're immune to consequence.

Editing the photo to make it look like you were the original poster is a little sheisty, I'll admit, but if you were sharing it (assuming for laughs) then idk if you have a super compelling defense. That's like repeating a dirty joke and trying to blame the person you heard it from.

That said, it's hard to judge from the outside when we don't know what was actually posted.. the fact that you didn't share it here kind of suggests that you know it wasn't appropriate, though.

#3 2 years ago

So.. what did this post say? It must have been pretty damning to have this kind of fallout…

Also, you must have some serious enemies if someone is willing to go through the BS of photoshopping your name on someone else’s post in order to get you banned from an event. Why would someone do that??

#4 2 years ago

Seems like some more info is needed here to clarify the situation. What was the post?

At face value, you have a private FB which you choose who can see and access. You posted or reposted something that was not acceptable for the general public (so it seems). Not an issue since it’s private, HOWEVER, someone you allowed access into your private space got this info and either shared it or altered it slightly and shared it. Thus making it public.

Seems aside from being more careful screening things when reposting, you should also re-evaluate who you trust and allow into your private spaces.

#5 2 years ago

I’ll never have to worry about this as I have no FB............Joey

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

I’ll never have to worry about this as I have no FB............Joey

Facebook = ruining lives 1 day at a time

#8 2 years ago

Have you tried emailing the IFPA regarding the incident?

#9 2 years ago

Sounds like you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself further.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

At face value, you have a private FB which you choose who can see and access. You posted or reposted something that was not acceptable for the general public (so it seems). Not an issue since it’s private, HOWEVER, someone you allowed access into your private space got this info and either shared it or altered it slightly and shared it. Thus making it public.
Seems aside from being more careful screening things when reposting, you should also re-evaluate who you trust and allow into your private spaces.

Always assume that anything that gets posted or shared over the internet, though messaging apps, through texting, or through video chat is never actually private. It's usually safe to assume that the person or people whom you would prefer not to see something will eventually see it.

If you're not comfortable with that, then don't post/share it.

#11 2 years ago

So to summarize you posted something on facebook that was offensive and someone shared it with the tournament director and organizers of TPF and banned you from the tournament and from leasing a vendor space?

If this is the case can you please share the content of the post?

I'm assuming from the consequences and the fact you provided no details - it's either political, racist, sexist or all of the above. If so - the organizers of a private function have every right to not want someone that represents those values participating in their show. Can you provide more details on your complaint? The details matter.

Please share a screenshot of the post with us so we can make a better judgement.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Please share a screenshot of the post with us so we can make a better judgement.

Narrator: he didn't want to share it.

#13 2 years ago

Was it more offensive than this?

bot (resized).jpgbot (resized).jpg
#14 2 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Narrator: he didn't want to share it.

Surely if he shared it on Facebook he'd want to share it here?

40f (resized).png40f (resized).png
#15 2 years ago

At least DESCRIBE what it was

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Was it more offensive than this?[quoted image]

...and the $9,000 price tag that goes with it.

#17 2 years ago

Yep, gonna need to see the post.

#18 2 years ago

The fact that you're not willing to even loosely describe it makes me think it is pretty awful

#19 2 years ago

It's impossible for anyone to make a judgement call here since we have no idea what the post was about.

That said....

Why in the f--k is any part of IFPA trolling people's social media? It's (last I checked) literally forbidden for anyone to be banned from an IFPA tournament for pretty much anything other than bad behavior(cursing, harassment of others, any threats at all, machine abuse etc) at an event. Open events have to be....open.....or it's not a fair competitive environment, it's just a couple of assholes point farming amongst themselves. That was the entire reason they stopped scoring tournaments under X number of people, or why you can't have a "league" of 2 people.

Also...what kind of absolute garbage are you reposing that Colin went after you? The guy hates my guts, and hasn't ever gone to that length to bar me from anything? I can't speak for vendor space, as I've never had a reason to get a spot for that, but I don't *think* Ed or Colin would really have any legitimate reason to bar me from doing so if I really wanted to, and I don't really "get along" with either of them. *scratch head*

From the IFPA page:

Q: How does an event become endorsed by the IFPA, and eligible to award World Pinball Player Rankings points?
A: The IFPA only recognizes open divisions of play to be included in the World Pinball Player Rankings. If certain players are prohibited from playing based on age, gender, skill or personal reasons, those results will not be counted.

Like...you can't bar someone from a ranked tournament just because you disagree with their politics, for example. Believe me...there's a lot of people I would block out if that was not the case.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

It's impossible for anyone to make a judgement call here since we have no idea what the post was about.
That said....
Why in the f--k is any part of IFPA trolling people's social media? It's (last I checked) literally forbidden for anyone to be banned from an IFPA tournament for pretty much anything other than bad behavior(cursing, harassment of others, any threats at all, machine abuse etc) at an event. Open events have to be....open.....or it's not a fair competitive environment, it's just a couple of assholes point farming amongst themselves. That was the entire reason they stopped scoring tournaments under X number of people, or why you can't have a "league" of 2 people.
Also...what kind of absolute garbage are you reposing that Colin went after you? The guy hates my guts, and hasn't ever gone to that length to bar me from anything? I can't speak for vendor space, as I've never had a reason to get a spot for that, but I don't *think* Ed or Colin would really have any legitimate reason to bar me from doing so if I really wanted to, and I don't really "get along" with either of them. *scratch head*
From the IFPA page:
Q: How does an event become endorsed by the IFPA, and eligible to award World Pinball Player Rankings points?
A: The IFPA only recognizes open divisions of play to be included in the World Pinball Player Rankings. If certain players are prohibited from playing based on age, gender, skill or personal reasons, those results will not be counted.
Like...you can't bar someone from a ranked tournament just because you disagree with their politics, for example. Believe me...there's a lot of people I would block out if that was not the case.

I can guarantee you IFPA had nothing to do with this. They do NOT "troll" facebook all day looking for people to ban.

If this actually happened, I'm sure it was a TPF TD decision.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

It's (last I checked) literally forbidden for anyone to be banned from an IFPA tournament for pretty much anything other than bad behavior(cursing, harassment of others, any threats at all, machine abuse etc) at an event

Non-sense. IFPA or IFPA rules doesn't force anyone to host someone they don't want there. An 'open tournament' has nothing to do with someone being banned or removed from a site, facility, or event.

If you get kicked out of a venue or banned... that's between you and the organizers/venue.. no one else.

#22 2 years ago

Facebook really brings out the PUSSY in people. I deleted mine sometime ago, way way too much nonsense, it really is destroying the planet.

#23 2 years ago

Facebook is the cesspool of humanity. Ive been off of it for 4 years now.

#24 2 years ago
IMG_20220315_113202347_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220315_113202347_HDR (resized).jpg
#25 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Was it more offensive than this?[quoted image]

POTW

#26 2 years ago

FB is what you make it. Just like here, you can cut out the nonsense. My fb feed is only pinball people I actually like and craft beer posts.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That said....
From the IFPA page:

I’m willing to bet that it wasn’t political or “racist/sexist”
If it was 7 months ago it was probably a post about the tournament/IFPA moratorium and critical of their pandemic-related decision and thus chapped someone’s ass.

Anything else would be ridiculous, but I know a lot of people were frustrated with the 18 month hiatus of tournaments, and being critical of IFPA will probably get you kicked out.

Those hardcore competitive players are really into themselves and their points lol

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Those hardcore competitive players are really into themselves and their points lol

Couldn't agree with this more frost.

#29 2 years ago

Anything else would be ridiculous, but I know a lot of people were frustrated with the 18 month hiatus of tournaments, and being critical of IFPA will probably get you kicked out.

I highly doubt that. If you think IFPA is that sensitive you haven't been paying attention.

Remember that 3 month period where Whysnow was relentlessly trolling the IFPA Kingpins due to $1 per player fee, going after siblings, trying all manner of things to get a reaction, and elicited only smiles? The IFPA guys do not give a shit, and are basically untrollable.

This is not what happened here, and it seems a little cheap to be making up scenarios so you can somehow blame this on the "snowflake" tendencies of IFPA management or alleged smugness of competitive players. If somebody really got banned from TPF it likely had nothing to do with criticizing our IFPA overlords or not taking competitive pinball seriously enough. It was probably something horrific in any number of ways that have nothing to do with pinball.

#30 2 years ago

playing for points is real fun

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from LovelyCoCoNuts:

An edited photo of the post was presented by The TD at TPF with my friends name removed, and mine in the place of the poster.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was probably something horrific in any number of ways.

I'm gonna err on the side of this.

#32 2 years ago

Someone got in trouble for posting something they shouldn't have on Facebook?

Color me shocked.

Never been on Facebook, never will, but you guys have fun with all that.

#33 2 years ago

OK OK OK but I'm taking NOTES on all of you "I'm not on Facebook!" suckers...so next time you beg us to repost something from Facebook because "I'm not on Facebook!" we will all boycott your request!

#34 2 years ago

being critical of IFPA will probably get you kicked out.

Bullshit. I've been critical of IPFA plenty of times, and been blown off completely by Sharpe's direct response to my posts about it several times. Nobody ever threatened to ban me, or even suggested it.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Non-sense. IFPA or IFPA rules doesn't force anyone to host someone they don't want there. An 'open tournament' has nothing to do with someone being banned or removed from a site, facility, or event.

If you get kicked out of a venue or banned... that's between you and the organizers/venue.. no one else.

Interesting. I guess I'll run some pseudo-invite-only events then and see if they get scored. Because it will only be the people I want there, and if I'm allowed to just arbitrarily ban them from the venue, which happens to be my house, and I don't feel safe having people of a certain political alignment there.....then....I guess there's no repercussions for them, right?

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

I'm gonna err on the side of this.

I do not think so, but I am asking permission.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I highly doubt that. If you think IFPA is that sensitive you haven't been paying attention.
Remember that 3 month period where Whysnow was relentlessly trolling the IFPA Kingpins due to $1 per player fee, going after siblings, trying all manner of things to get a reaction, and elicited only smiles? The IFPA guys do not give a shit, and are basically untrollable.
This is not what happened here, and it seems a little cheap to be making up scenarios so you can somehow blame this on the "snowflake" tendencies of IFPA management or alleged smugness of competitive players. If somebody really got banned from TPF it likely had nothing to do with criticizing our IFPA overlords or not taking competitive pinball seriously enough. It was probably something horrific in any number of ways that have nothing to do with pinball.

Untrollable?? I highly doubt that.
No, I don’t know of Whysnows shenanigans because I’m not president of his fan club. Where would I find the time since I already run the Upstate chapter of yours Levi.

I hope this topic gets moved to the basement and the photo gets posted so this thread really pops off!

#37 2 years ago

I do not think so, but I am asking permission.

Permission for what? No one is stopping you from describing the post.

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from MuddyMaeSuggins:Permission for what? No one is stopping you from describing the post.

This is the edited photo that was provided as proof.

Screenshot_20220315-105235_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220315-105235_Chrome (resized).jpg
#39 2 years ago

This is the edited photo that was provided as proof.[quoted image]

This is a weak-ass boomer meme. You are kidding me.
BANNED for that????

#40 2 years ago

being lame enough to post that meme might actually be banworthy though

#41 2 years ago

This is a weak-ass boomer meme. You are kidding me.
BANNED for that????

"It's come to our attention that you have made offensive comments regarding sexual orientation. Doing so is in violation of the IFPA Player Conduct, and thus, precludes you from participation in IFPA events, including the tournaments at the Texas Pinball Festival.

All players are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous manner and to contribute to a safe and welcoming play environment. This also applies to behaviors that are not related to gameplay.

Your entry fee for the TPF Classics tournament will be refunded "... blah blah blah blah

Sounds like he tried to ban me from all IFPA.... as a state IFPA rep... but he does NOT have that power.

#42 2 years ago

I’d ban you too. It’s “you’re”

#43 2 years ago

OMFG. Stop the bus. I want to get off…

#44 2 years ago

I'd use this banning as an opportunity to work on impulse control. Maybe stick to pinball topics rather than worrying about other people's sexual orientation.

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from Dogford_Studios:

I'd use this banning as an opportunity to work on impulse control. Maybe stick to pinball topics rather than worrying about other people's sexual orientation.

Maybe spend some time learning how to take a joke?

EsvzKx5XcAEmadJ (resized).jpgEsvzKx5XcAEmadJ (resized).jpg
#46 2 years ago

No one says they can help with this, and neither I nor my company are welcome at TPF because of this.

Now will the other IFPA reps ban me also because of this?

I think this is so messed up.

#47 2 years ago
16705e9c6cbe900e309b9aa16a1a6256342931662913ab305138839fa239f7dc_1 (resized).jpg16705e9c6cbe900e309b9aa16a1a6256342931662913ab305138839fa239f7dc_1 (resized).jpg
#48 2 years ago

It's even funnier if you read it with the Kermit voice.

#49 2 years ago

I was expecting something way more offensive. I mean… it’s a cheesy ass joke, but worthy of banning someone from an event? Sheesh..

I’d wager that they already don’t like you for whatever reason, and that they were looking for any reason they could find to ban you, and that if it wasn’t this, it’d be something else.

#50 2 years ago

I don't want to hear about anyone's sexual orientation, no matter who you like doing things with. Keep it to yourself. I may agree or disagree with what you choose to do, and who you choose to do it with, but in general, I don't want to hear about it. I like what I like to get off with, and I am not sharing with any of you about it.

There are 195 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-booted-from-tpf-tourney-for-a-friends-shared-fb-post and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.