(Topic ID: 24151)

I got an iPhone, so what free pinball related apps should I get?

By kwiKimart

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jrivelli
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Finally in the 21st century, because I got an iPhone!!! Now, I want to get some FREE apps that are pinball-related. Which ones are recommended?

#2 11 years ago

I guess you could get the free version of The Pinball Arcade — it's pretty great on iPhone. But you'd be better off getting the paid version since you'll undoubtedly want to buy all the tables and the paid version starts you off with TOTAN.

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from accidental:

I guess you could get the free version of The Pinball Arcade

I already have it on the PS3, but not a bad idea. I just don't want to squint at my phone to play it.

#4 11 years ago

Pinball doesn't work too well on phones... gonna have to get an iPad.

#5 11 years ago

You are a few weeks too soon there kwiki... iphone 5 coming out very, very soon. You could probably return the one you have and get the new one within their return period (if apple even has one).

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from BriGuy5:

You are a few weeks too soon there kwiki... iphone 5 coming out very, very soon. You could probably return the one you have and get the new one within their return period (if apple even has one).

Sigh.....

I bought it at a Sprint store, not an Apple store, so I might be screwed.

#7 11 years ago

I'd call and find out if you were interested in the 5, it's supposed to be something special.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I already have it on the PS3, but not a bad idea. I just don't want to squint at my phone to play it.

Low angle on a widescreen TV is about as good as a high angle on a portrait iPhone. I prefer it on the iPhone myself. There's less input lag as well.

#9 11 years ago

Pinball arcade is really good. As I understand it,
    they use the code from the actual ROMs in their software,
    so it works exactly like the original.
    But it's better suited for an ipad than an iphone.
    You can also pick up a copy for ps3 and other platforms.

#10 11 years ago

Get the pinfinder app its a must have. I also use handy level for setting the incline of my pin. Just a note about apps. You get what you pay for. I put $10 in the app store and it lasts me quite a while if your not buying games. Also, read the reviews. Lots of apps out there sound great but are a waste of money. The reviews will tell you.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I bought it at a Sprint store, not an Apple store, so I might be screwed.

It can't hurt to ask though. iPhone 5 will be announced 12 Sep. iPhone 4 is still a pretty sweet phone if they say no though. Either way, the apps allow you to get in a quick pinball fix when you aren't near any real pins...!

Of course you will be playing tons of real pins next weekend at the PHOF, right?

#12 11 years ago

Pinballmap app.Has several key cities with locations of games.Great if you travel for work,you can look up games in whatever town you happen to be in.

#13 11 years ago

If you're willing to spend $3, the entire Pinball 101 video is available.

#14 11 years ago

Best buy has a trade in offer on Iphones that will also backdoor your Sprint 'you can't upgrade ever' contract, but you may have to get another line for like $10-20.

Its also worth noting that Sprint's insurance doesn't cover anything at all, 'doesn't cover physical damage' is what they told me, which implys to me only emotional damage is covered. Best Buy's will let me trade in the Iphone 4s when the 5 comes out (I'll have to pay whatever extra the 5 would be), and the insurance will let me smash the thing if I feel like it. Just things to keep in mind.

I still have yet to get pinball arcade on THIS phone, I have it on my gf's android, and PS3. I'll be getting it for the phone too eventually, probably sooner than later, whenever AFM comes out for that thing.

As for apps, the pinball map is ok, if you want to post pics to pinside with the thing, you may want to get the Opera browser. Other than that I have a ton of stuff games wise that isn't pinball, words with friends (the ultimate work time waster that isn't called pinside), one epic knight (pretty fun run thru the dungeon game), Flight (paper airplane sim), and Last Driver (driving game in the zombie apocolypse).

Other than that, the phone makes an excellent mp3 player if you wanted some pinball podcasts, like spooky pinball or the pinball podcast.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Of course you will be playing tons of real pins next weekend at the PHOF, right?

Yep, actually this Friday!!!!!!!!

#16 11 years ago

Pinball Ride is not bad, had for about a year

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from BriGuy5:

I'd call and find out if you were interested in the 5, it's supposed to be something special.

You mean with their "retina" display and new colors? Woop de dooooooo!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-got-an-iphone-so-what-free-pinball-related-apps-should-i-get and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.